• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yay, managed to catch a Murkrow once I got to Kanto
Named her Artelinde and gave her the Exp. Share, this is gonna take a while
>Checks Bulbapedia for Dusk Stone
>Boring Pokeathlon minigames
>Random prize from Bug-Catching Contest
>Pick your poison

I love this Wild Battle Theme so much more than Johto's version
I also like how much freedom you are given, you can literally go anywhere in any order you want and don't even need to fight the Gyms until you wish to do so
Probably gonna explore the entire region before fighting the Gym Leaders as Artelinde has a long way to go

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So I paid BluePikmin a visit on Twitter and he seems to be doing fine (going to two parties like a boss).

Glad that he's not feeling too bad. Meanwhile, I'm still geeking out over the fact that Don-Chan is IN Yo-Kai Watch 2. Now I'm definitely going to have to find some day to buy the game this week.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ha, Shuiesha is still promoting the hell out of Samon the Summoner and recognizing it as the "new generation" for Jump!

Where are you Azure, read it and weep if you are still in denial of it being a possible failure. :troll:
Well I'll be damned, they are already making merchandise for manga that are barely 2 years old and have no anime yet.

But still, you shouldn't be celebrating just yet. It could just tank and have an early cancellation if it definitely drops like Toriko did. Nothing to really gloat over. :rolleyes:

Thanks for checking on Blue. I was also kind of worried about him. Did you think about talking with another old friend that we all miss?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Well I'll be damned, they are already making merchandise for manga that are barely 2 years old and have no anime yet.

But still, you shouldn't be celebrating just yet. It could just tank and have an early cancellation if it definitely drops like Toriko did. Nothing to really gloat over. :rolleyes:

Thanks for checking on Blue. I was also kind of worried about him. Did you think about talking with another old friend that we all miss?
Just you wait Azzy Dreamer, you will be seeing the Gintama anime team working on a new Samon anime.

I know right? I was kind of glad that there was nothing serious going on with him and he's still the same Yo-Kai Watch and we all know and love.

As for our "old friend", I've already sent a message to him. He should be responding whenever he feels like it. Meanwhile, I know that Adventure Time will be canceled after the next two seasons. THE NEXT TWO SEASONS! Is Cartoon Network intentionally trying to kill itself?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meanwhile, I know that Adventure Time will be canceled after the next two seasons. THE NEXT TWO SEASONS! Is Cartoon Network intentionally trying to kill itself?
R.I.P. Cartoon Network

Oh wait, there's still hope. Remember Mighty Magiswords? Maybe that could become the next big thing and be a reasonable replacement for Regular Show. I still got faith we can get some good shows to overshadow the bad like Teen Titans Go and Powerpuff Girls (2016).

Last edited:

Well that was an interesting few days. Other than yesterday when I lost an hour or two of progress from a game freeze and I needed to redo pretty much all of Gerudo valley, this went pretty smoothly. Might as well do a quick and dirty review like I do for most of the games I play.

So first of all, I love this game's look. I just love those blocky models and weird as **** misfitting textures so much. Don't give me realism I want the look the N64 had. Except Hyrule Field. That thing looked hideous.

Story was neat I suppose. Nothing to write home about these days. I don't think the time travel was used sufficiently though. I mean time is in the name. And as far as I know it is only necessary to go back twice. Once for the spirit temple and once for the bottom of the well. And while the idea for the spirit temple was neat, it's a little disappointing there wasn't a dungeon where you go back and forth between child and adult to change things. Of course that would likely be a bit annoying because of all the backtracking it would have been pretty interesting. Characters were pretty neat but I expected a little more out of a few of them like the happy mask salesman or Nabooru. But the one I was most dissapointed by was Impa. That chick has two important appearances in mainline games and gets so much praise and she has like 3 lines and does almost nothing. Dissapointing to say the least. Sheik was awesome though but again, needed to do more. I miss how colorful her design was. The fact we have yet to have SHeik make another mainline appearance is really disappointing but at least we have smash. Ganondorf being a master manipulator was cool too.

Combat was ok sometimes I suppose. The gerudo warriors were really fun, and a few one-hit-kill enemies were ok, but anything beyond that wasn't. Stalfos are extremely boring and take way too long to kill. It doesn't help almost none of them are a threat. Like dead hands or whatever they are called. They make a big deal out of them and they are so easy to fight. . .

Bosses were pretty lame too. Almost all of them were just "use the dungeon's item." Plus, they were, again, way too easy for the most part. Even the final boss was really easy.

Can't really talk about dungeons tooooo much since this is the only 3d zelda ive beat (lol) but most of them were pretty cool. Fire temple dragged on too long and Forest temple and water temple were just . . .awkward but the rest ere pretty good.

Personally loved the Great Deku tree and the Spirit Temple.

A few Side Notes
  • I hate this game's love of "punishment by backtracking." It's one of my least favorite things in all of gaming and OoT just loves it. Wallmasters, falling into a pit resets the room, leaving rooms resets them (even some that have 0 reason to be reset because it is impossible to **** them up) etc etc.
  • Also I had a really bad habit of going off to side-quest and accidentally going somewhere requried. Like Dampe's race, The bottom of the well, and even going to kakariko to access the shadow temple were all things I had intended as a secret but wound up being necessary.
  • Zelda: "Go to death mountain and show this letter to a guard" ---->Impa: "Have fun in Death Mountain" ---->what you actually need to do. NOT GO TO DEATH MOUNTAIN BUT INSTEAD GO BACK TO KOKIRI FOREST AND GO THROUGH THE LOST WOODS AGAIN. Terrible directions, terrible bactracking. Really dumb. At least Navi tells you where to go but no one would think they would need to ask since two people just told you where (not) to go.
  • Navi isn't that bad TBH. She has some HORRIBLE moments of breaking the moment (Like when you enter the forest temple's twisted hallway and instead of letting you witness it she has to say "This hallway is twisted!") but otherwise she is pretty much just the scan visor and hint system from prime so she isn't too bad. I kind of wish she had more time to talk plot wise.

Some things age poorly but it's still a pretty damn impressive game.

How did they make this game so long ago/10

:061:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:urg:Having a cold sucks...

Quick update...
Neptune
At his full glory...
Raiden
Nocturna
Garm

Still trying to figure who will be my last team member...I have my fifth slot already decided but I still need a final member...
Pokemon I'm Considering...
Espeon
Leafeon
Toxicroak

I actually have some well rounded coverage already, so it's a little difficult to find a Pokemon to add to the team...I'm leaning towards Espeon though...

D

Deleted member

Wait, what happened to BluePikmin/Fumi? Did I miss aomething or what?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Meanwhile, I know that Adventure Time will be canceled after the next two seasons. THE NEXT TWO SEASONS! Is Cartoon Network intentionally trying to kill itself?
A whole generation of Cartoon Network is coming to an end. I remember seeing ads for those shows as if it was yesterday.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, what happened to BluePikmin/Fumi? Did I miss aomething or what?
He's much more happier on Twitter than he is here.

But it's best to probably give him some room for now unless you want to join in on serious Yo-Kai Watch discussions.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never really watched Adventure Time, but I know it has a very large and passionate fan base, and I respect that. Shame to see it's getting cancelled, but hey, at least there are two more seasons.

It's just kinda funny since Adventure Time content was just added into Lego Dimensions. What timing. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
A whole generation of Cartoon Network is coming to an end. I remember seeing ads for those shows as if it was yesterday.
Same. They've already had a Dork Age in the late 2000's and they certainly can have another one if we don't have any decent shows like Mighty Magiswords after Steven Universe. Now I'm kind of worried for that show as well, especially with how good the story is getting now.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Same. They've already had a Dork Age in the late 2000's and they certainly can have another one if we don't have any decent shows like Mighty Magiswords after Steven Universe. Now I'm kind of worried for that show as well, especially with how good the story is getting now.
I have a feeling Steven Universe will still be around for at least another 2 years. It's not nearly as old as Adventure Time or Regular Show.
I never really watched Adventure Time, but I know it has a very large and passionate fan base, and I respect that. Shame to see it's getting cancelled, but hey, at least there are two more seasons.

It's just kinda funny since Adventure Time content was just added into Lego Dimensions. What timing. :p
Isn't there going to be a movie as well?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have a feeling Steven Universe will still be around for at least another 2 years. It's not nearly as old as Adventure Time or Regular Show.

Isn't there going to be a movie as well?
I heard that somewhere, but wasn't sure if it was confirmed.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Behold, the SSD becometh corrupted, delivered into the hands of chaos from accumulation of corrupted archives and data errors, and a new SSD was purchased (tested at a mean failure rate of 1.5 million hours), and The User did yield to a long-lost friend's passion about operating systems, and stooped to see how Microsoft had harmed the Users and utilized their networks without permission to spy on them, and so he cast them out of his computer and USB booted Ubuntu.

To celebrate my adoption of glorious master Linux, I have changed my avatar. Tell me, what do you see in the frog mouth's eyes?

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
so I've started watching The Joy of Painting recently

Hoo boy, I've really missed out. I could watch this stuff all day. So relaxing.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
R.I.P. Cartoon Network

Oh wait, there's still hope. Remember Mighty Magiswords? Maybe that could become the next big thing and be a reasonable replacement for Regular Show. I still got faith we can get some good shows to overshadow the bad like Teen Titans Go and Powerpuff Girls (2016).
Youtube keeps recommending mighty magiswords to me. Tbh, it looks to be the ebst thing that could be on CN after adventure time ends.

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
Burruni Burruni DiagonalSpy07 DiagonalSpy07 Robert of Normandy Robert of Normandy Something big is being teased for Senran Kagura's 5th anniversary and it isn't a pair of bazongas.

Part of me wants it to be a more serious anime adaption, but the realist in me thinks it's another Versus series game since they happen to be more popular than the main series. What do you three think?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...s-teaser-for-continuing-fight-in-2017/.106810

(Mild NSFW for the more conservative folks out there).
Maybe it's a new special anniversary game. Can't wait to see what happens next for the series

Apologies for the late reply. Life Y'know.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic Boom Fire and Ice got some decent reviews.

People are apparently lambasting the game still.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sonic Boom Fire and Ice got some decent reviews.

People are apparently lambasting the game still.
The Sonic Boom name in terms of games is pretty much tainted.

It'll probably take a couple more good Boom in order for people to have faith. Which I'm still not sure will happen.

Fire and Ice's success will depend heavily on word of mouth.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Well that was an interesting few days. Other than yesterday when I lost an hour or two of progress from a game freeze and I needed to redo pretty much all of Gerudo valley, this went pretty smoothly. Might as well do a quick and dirty review like I do for most of the games I play.

So first of all, I love this game's look. I just love those blocky models and weird as **** misfitting textures so much. Don't give me realism I want the look the N64 had. Except Hyrule Field. That thing looked hideous.

Story was neat I suppose. Nothing to write home about these days. I don't think the time travel was used sufficiently though. I mean time is in the name. And as far as I know it is only necessary to go back twice. Once for the spirit temple and once for the bottom of the well. And while the idea for the spirit temple was neat, it's a little disappointing there wasn't a dungeon where you go back and forth between child and adult to change things. Of course that would likely be a bit annoying because of all the backtracking it would have been pretty interesting. Characters were pretty neat but I expected a little more out of a few of them like the happy mask salesman or Nabooru. But the one I was most dissapointed by was Impa. That chick has two important appearances in mainline games and gets so much praise and she has like 3 lines and does almost nothing. Dissapointing to say the least. Sheik was awesome though but again, needed to do more. I miss how colorful her design was. The fact we have yet to have SHeik make another mainline appearance is really disappointing but at least we have smash. Ganondorf being a master manipulator was cool too.

Combat was ok sometimes I suppose. The gerudo warriors were really fun, and a few one-hit-kill enemies were ok, but anything beyond that wasn't. Stalfos are extremely boring and take way too long to kill. It doesn't help almost none of them are a threat. Like dead hands or whatever they are called. They make a big deal out of them and they are so easy to fight. . .

Bosses were pretty lame too. Almost all of them were just "use the dungeon's item." Plus, they were, again, way too easy for the most part. Even the final boss was really easy.

Can't really talk about dungeons tooooo much since this is the only 3d zelda ive beat (lol) but most of them were pretty cool. Fire temple dragged on too long and Forest temple and water temple were just . . .awkward but the rest ere pretty good.

Personally loved the Great Deku tree and the Spirit Temple.

A few Side Notes
  • I hate this game's love of "punishment by backtracking." It's one of my least favorite things in all of gaming and OoT just loves it. Wallmasters, falling into a pit resets the room, leaving rooms resets them (even some that have 0 reason to be reset because it is impossible to **** them up) etc etc.
  • Also I had a really bad habit of going off to side-quest and accidentally going somewhere requried. Like Dampe's race, The bottom of the well, and even going to kakariko to access the shadow temple were all things I had intended as a secret but wound up being necessary.
  • Zelda: "Go to death mountain and show this letter to a guard" ---->Impa: "Have fun in Death Mountain" ---->what you actually need to do. NOT GO TO DEATH MOUNTAIN BUT INSTEAD GO BACK TO KOKIRI FOREST AND GO THROUGH THE LOST WOODS AGAIN. Terrible directions, terrible bactracking. Really dumb. At least Navi tells you where to go but no one would think they would need to ask since two people just told you where (not) to go.
  • Navi isn't that bad TBH. She has some HORRIBLE moments of breaking the moment (Like when you enter the forest temple's twisted hallway and instead of letting you witness it she has to say "This hallway is twisted!") but otherwise she is pretty much just the scan visor and hint system from prime so she isn't too bad. I kind of wish she had more time to talk plot wise.

Some things age poorly but it's still a pretty damn impressive game.

How did they make this game so long ago/10

:061:
The appeal for me replaying OoT pretty much every year is to see how my perspective keeps on changing as I play the game again. My experience playing the game as an 8 year old VS now as a 21 year old is different even though I enjoyed the game in both instances.

Shiek's quote right before you start the Forest Temple always hits me in the feels because of how true it is...

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..."
That's basically what I think when I replay OoT everytime.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Maybe it's a new special anniversary game. Can't wait to see what happens next for the series

Apologies for the late reply. Life Y'know.
No worries mate, we all been there.

More like we can't avoid it at times. :laugh:

Still hoping that it's another main game for the next Nintendo handheld. Can't have the arena oriented Versus games hog all the attention. :p

DiagonalSpy07

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3754-7248-5911
No worries mate, we all been there.

More like we can't avoid it at times. :laugh:

Still hoping that it's another main game for the next Nintendo handheld. Can't have the arena oriented Versus games hog all the attention. :p
Agreed. My 3ds is craving for more life and hometown. But I still have this gut feeling that it'll another Playstation title because the devs are able to to more things with the stronger hardware. And for an anniversary title, it makes sense that you want to go in big.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The government is trying to make pepe a hate symbol

LOL

We live in stupid times

I've changed my avatar in support

#NotAllPepes

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Man.
So in the third wave it's gonna just be like 6 people on a couch, right?
You know, I've seen these two images compared a lot. But if you removed all Hanna-Barbara (with the exception of stuff like Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, etc.) and Looney Tunes characters, that theater would be just as empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom