• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just learned this exists and am very disappointed:

*watches to see what's wrong*

Oh, so it looks like it's supposed to be a parody but the parody part never comes.

Aside from being low budget looking, it seems like half the things that should be twists are just spelled out in the trailer. For a couple of the more notable moments:

"I'm putting my foot down!"

*stone panel instantly rockets down*

Well. . .I would have found more fun ways to defy physics, but that works.

"Relax, he's just introducing himself."

"How do you know? You can't speak monkey!"

"Actually I can."

So. . .no foreshadowing on that, then, or does the actual movie handle it better and the trailer simply makes it look like you pulled it from a location with insufficient sunlight?

And of course, finding a legend in a theme park of all places. Just because it's lampshaded doesn't mean I have doubts as to whether the movie would provide any legitimate or even remotely satisfactory explanation as to why that's the case.

The pop song kicking in at the end kind of hilariously clashes with how low budget this looks to me since my mind wandered to how they even afforded the rights to use it for the trailer.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I gotta say. Even though I don't really care about the Megaman series as a whole i'm in love with the Mega Man Legends games. Finished 1 some weeks ago and i'm almost done with 2. Really hope Capcom changes their mind about not releasing MML3 and releases it on the NX or something.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So if Mario is that old and Wario is the same age, does that make Wario an ephebophile when people ship him with a college aged Mona?

My head hurts.
How are you sure she isn't a high schooler?

And don't use the "high schoolers can't own pizza restaurant chains" arguement since the Mario verse rarely follows the same rules reality do. The same series where you can shoot fire underwater.

Chrono.

And don't use the "high schoolers can't own pizza restaurant chains" arguement since the Mario verse rarely follows the same rules reality do. The same series where you can shoot fire underwater.
If she's a high schooler then we're crossing very not legal boundaries here.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If she's a high schooler then we're crossing very not legal boundaries here.

So Wario being an ephebophile is legal in Diamond City? :troll:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I learned the NES controller cord for the NES Classic Edition is ~3 feet in length.

In response to this, I just ordered a Wii Remote extension cable because I ain't sitting so close to the TV when I get the console.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I gotta say. Even though I don't really care about the Megaman series as a whole i'm in love with the Mega Man Legends games. Finished 1 some weeks ago and i'm almost done with 2. Really hope Capcom changes their mind about not releasing MML3 and releases it on the NX or something.
You should try out the Battle Network games and then Star Force after that, if you can.

They're RPGs and not exactly the best ones story wise but I find them very fun, my favorite Megaman series for sure.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*watches to see what's wrong*

Oh, so it looks like it's supposed to be a parody but the parody part never comes.

Aside from being low budget looking, it seems like half the things that should be twists are just spelled out in the trailer. For a couple of the more notable moments:

"I'm putting my foot down!"

*stone panel instantly rockets down*

Well. . .I would have found more fun ways to defy physics, but that works.

"Relax, he's just introducing himself."

"How do you know? You can't speak monkey!"

"Actually I can."

So. . .no foreshadowing on that, then, or does the actual movie handle it better and the trailer simply makes it look like you pulled it from a location with insufficient sunlight?

And of course, finding a legend in a theme park of all places. Just because it's lampshaded doesn't mean I have doubts as to whether the movie would provide any legitimate or even remotely satisfactory explanation as to why that's the case.

The pop song kicking in at the end kind of hilariously clashes with how low budget this looks to me since my mind wandered to how they even afforded the rights to use it for the trailer.
Literally all of these points! They took how the show worked and went: "Alright guess that justifies it being a movie now."

And the park is literally named legends of the hidden temple.

And when I heard that song I said the exact same thing, especially when there has been no major income to the channel lately. It's mostly supported by teen and toon nick.

I would rather see them try to revive the show, as that probably work better. It shouldn't be to hard to do.

Don't be dumb.

It's the sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I'd take this any time.

Now for DP remakes, I expect those in 2018. Maybe next year, but I think they'll pull out other titles first. Remakes usually fall in a 4-5 year range of the last remake. I also could see them do a Yellow remake.

And if the NX is an handheld hybrid, it will probably show up there instead of the 3ds.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Imagine the DP remakes as a spiritual successor to Battle Revolutions on the NX.

Again, this just makes the wait more sweet.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Don't be dumb.

It's the sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising.
Actually Dyntos made the NX.

There's a secret sensor on the controller that only activates if you have divine powers, apparently.

Pit managed to get a devkit to mess around with along with the current slated launch titles, but he was only allowed to have it after he did a boss rush and dealt with several waves of enemies.

D

Deleted member

I was supposed to be watching 91 Days but then I remembered Jojo would get a new opening so...
HOLY **** THIS IS ****ING GOOD
This so much better than the other two DiU openings, I just love that ****ing "BREAKDOWN" intro and Kira looks so good on it
Also
when it's the first day of summer and you still haven't killed anyone yet
Screenshot_2016-09-30-20-13-28.png

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
25 year old Wario and 19 year old Mona is my OTP. :awesome:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why is Mario's age such a surprise?

Moustache+slightly overweight=/=old

I mean jeez I could grow a Mario moustache when I was 17 if I wanted...even now with my full beard I'm only a few years older than he is (though I do look older than what I am)...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, I'm looking up Mona's info because she's a topic of discussion.

. . .OK no specific age but it definitely says she's high school.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Why are Mona and Wario even shipped in the first place? Don't they like despise each other? Or at least Mona despising Wario since she never gets paid to the point she apparently left Wario Ware inc during D.I.Y.

Not sure why I'm even asking this....

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I mean jeez I could grow a Mario moustache when I was 17 if I wanted...
And here I am, old as Mario himself and barley able to get my facial hair past, scraggly teenage fuzz. Why did God curse me with inferior beard genes when clean shaven finally fell out of fashion?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why are Mona and Wario even shipped in the first place? Don't they like despise each other? Or at least Mona despising Wario since he never payed her to the point she apparently left Wario Ware inc during D.I.Y.

Not sure why I'm even asking this....
According to what I looked up:

Most of the Personality section on her on Mariowiki said:
Mona has a tomboy-like personality, as she is said to be spunky. Mona is often willing to help, but she is often willing to speak out aggressively if her employer is being unfair. She called Wario a "greedy punk" after realizing that he received all the credit for the microgrames, and when Wario attempted to escape, she was the only employee that pursued him. Although she likes Wario and even looks up to him, she also appreciates it if she is paid adequately, often expressing her want for a raise or a pay check. Mona is also dedicated to her jobs and school; if she is late, she will do all it takes to be on time, even if it means breaking the law and avoiding the police. She seems to like Wario, even to having a crush on him.
So I'm guessing both ticked off AND interested.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
According to what I looked up:

So I'm guessing both ticked off AND interested.
Oh I see, that's interesting.

I recall it being stated somewhere in DIY that Mona and a few other employee's had left Wario Ware inc for one reason or another, which would probably explain why they all "do their own thing" instead of the usual microgames in Game & Wario and all, but alright.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh I see, that's interesting.

I recall it being stated somewhere in DIY that Mona and a few other employee's had left Wario Ware inc for one reason or another, which would probably explain why they all "do their own thing" instead of the usual microgames in Game & Wario and all, but alright.
The wiki does say she bailed at the time now that I'm looking at that specific section, but it also claims that her being back in Game and Wario means that she came back.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The wiki does say she bailed at the time now that I'm looking at that specific section, but it also claims that her being back in Game and Wario means that she came back.
Guess Wario must've managed to bribe her and the others back in then if that's the case.... ^^;

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Guess Wario must've managed to bribe her and the others back in then if that's the case.... ^^;
It could have been just speculation on the writer of that wiki page, which is why I said it claimed such rather than saying it as fact.

Apparently she and several others who quit are in Rhythm Heaven Megamix in addition to Game and Wario, though, if that means anything.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The only thing I ship with :4wario2: is money.

It's clear that's the only thing he cares about in the world.
Then again, he did enjoy a kiss from a older or younger version of Shokora depending on the ending in Wario Land 4.

Ephebo Wario confirmed. :troll:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It could have been just speculation on the writer of that wiki page, which is why I said it claimed such rather than saying it as fact.

Apparently she and several others who quit are in Rhythm Heaven Megamix in addition to Game and Wario, though, if that means anything.
I wonder if this means that they might end up experimenting further with some of the individual characters in their own rights for any future cameo's or maybe even games. Ashley seems to be getting a few exclusve themes and appearances here and there so who knows I guess. Perhaps we might see them more often in the Rythm Heaven series and other games, yes.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I remember that awhile back. I'm surprised I haven't seen translations for it though.
I don't know if it means we can transfer our Pokemon GO Pokemon to Sun/Moon and they will transform into their Alola forms, or maybe it's just a marketing thing that says something like "You will be able to find the Pokemon from Pokemon GO, but different in Sun/Moon! BUY IT, PLEASE!"

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I was supposed to be watching 91 Days but then I remembered Jojo would get a new opening so...
HOLY **** THIS IS ****ING GOOD
This so much better than the other two DiU openings, I just love that ****ing "BREAKDOWN" intro and Kira looks so good on it
Also
when it's the first day of summer and you still haven't killed anyone yet
View attachment 118377
New........opening......?
I gotta catch up, I'm like 4 weeks behind! Tbh, chase was growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom