• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they'll be doing an NX version? That's probably the most possible reason why they haven't said anything about any other newcomers to Pokkén in quite some time now.
If that happens I'll be regretting buying the Wii U even more... it and Tropical Freeze are the only Wii U games I liked that haven't been ported to another console...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What big WiiU games don't have a counterpart on the 3DS or other systems and are not ports? Pokken has an arcade release so it's ambiguous.

As far I know, I've got:
Nintendo Land (The tech demo game)
Game & Wario (the literal tech demo game)
New Super... I can't keep a straight face.
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Mario Party 10: You guessed it, more cars.
SMTxFE

Am I missing any?

Last edited:
My computer suddenly blue-screened...

What big WiiU games don't have a counterpart on the 3DS or other systems and are not ports? Pokken has an arcade release so it's ambiguous.

As far I know, I've got:
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X
SMTxFE

Am I missing any?
Does Kirby and the Rainbow Curse count as big Wii U game?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

As far I know, I've got:
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Xenoblade Chronicles X
SMTxFE

Am I missing any?
Pikmin 3 can also go on that list.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just remembered another big one, Super Mario 3D World. And not so big but still boxed one, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

So that's 12-14 games depending on how one counts Pokken and New Super Rehash Bros.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Totally random question and all but what are your Top 5 favorite Nintendo series?

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

Honorable mentions go to DK, Fire Emblem, and Star Fox.
Ordered-ish...? Hard to pick one favorite.

Fire Emblem
MOTHER
Kirby
Pikmin
Kid Icarus

No particular order. I'll also mention that I enjoy Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Smash, and Punch-Out! a great deal too.

I need to start/finish a Metriod game too.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Adding to more to the list with Wii Party U and Paper Mario Color Splash.

Looks like Breath of the Wild is gonna be the last 1st party WiiU game and Paper Mario, the last exclusive.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Adding to more to the list with Wii Party U and Paper Mario Color Splash.

Looks like Breath of the Wild is gonna be the last 1st party WiiU game and Paper Mario, the last exclusive.
Go out with a bang, am I right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Go out with a bang, am I right?
Yeah, nothing quite like taking one of your biggest series and taking it back to basics and rebuilding it from scratch. Wonder how that would work if they did it for Mario.

Come to think of it, it's probably how Mario 64 was to everyone who grew up with Bros. 3 and World.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yeah, nothing quite like taking one of your biggest series and taking it back to basics and rebuilding it from scratch. Wonder how that would work if they did it for Mario.

Come to think of it, it's probably how Mario 64 was to everyone who grew up with Bros. 3 and World.
Mario hasn't really strayed from its roots.

It's still a linear platformer.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Totally random question and all but what are your Top 5 favorite Nintendo series?

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

Honorable mentions go to DK, Fire Emblem, and Star Fox.
1) Super Smash Brothers
2) Pokemon
3) Star Fox
4) The Legend of Zelda
5) Animal Crossing

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't know whether this is old news or not, but Nintendo will be releasing a Famicom version of the NES Classic Edition in Japan.

Amazing!

Of those 8 Famicom games, I see two questionable choices... Atlantis no Nazo instead of Hebereke (also known as Ufouria: The Saga) and Downtown Nekketsu March instead of Super Dodge Ball.

Final Fantasy III and River City Ransom are solid choices. I have a guilty pleasure for playing NES Open Tournament Golf. Solomon's Key is a decent choice. Tsuppari Ozumo and Yie Ar Kung-Fu look interesting and fun.

I am really surprised Nintendo didn't include Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Devil World, Joy Mech Fight, EarthBound Beginnings (better known as Mother), Fire Emblem, and Famicom Wars.

I'm not surprised they didn't include StarTropics since it didn't come out in Japan and Punch-Out!! wasn't as popular in Japan as it was in the USA... but it's interesting that they didn't include Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong Jr. Were they not as popular in Japan as they were in the USA?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hold up....

Korn's releasing a new album next month? Gawd, why did no one tell me!?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Playing Showdown on UU and below.

Get into an intense match. Comes down to rottom and nidoking.

Last opposing pokemon is Florges. Is spamming wish and aromatherapy.

Rottom's moves: Thunder Wave, will o wisp, hex, volt switch.

Now I can stall them till they kill rottom and don't heal the paralyzation. Thus nidoking can come and be faster.

They finally kill rottom. Send out nidoking. Florges is full hp with paralyze up. Gets paralyzed and can't move.

Nidoking hits with poison jab leaving it in yellow hp. Florges is dead next turn like I planned.

"The opposing player has disconnecting, wait 60 seconds for them and see if they return."

They don't, as I figured.

Top tier salt and plays right there.
At least they didn't insult you for winning :c

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Top five!

:4littlemac:
:4pikachu:
:salt: (Smash)
:4mario:
:4lucina:

Honorable mention goes to :4kirby: and The Legendary Starfy.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Because Korn hasn't been relevant since 2003
Thing is, I still liked their stuff after Head left though, even the Dubstep despite not really caring for Dubstep to begin with...

Head came back for The Paradigm Shift and now their making a new album, and honestly hearing the new singles they released it brings me back to Issues/Untouchables KoRn...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
New Pokemon poll! This time, we're going to take a short break from the games and look at the anime perspective.

As some of you may or may not know, Clemont's final episode in the XY series is coming up this Sunday, so in light of that occasion, I thought today's topic will be...

Who is your favorite male traveling partner in the entire Pokemon anime? Answer in the Strawpoll below.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11333872

Only the main male characters in the series will be focused on.

Personally, I like Brock the most of the four for obvious reasons that I'm sure many will discuss in the upcoming comments (I already know that he's going to dominate this poll), but I decided to once again give my vote to an underdog choice: Clemont.

My reasons:
  • His Japanese voice actor is Yuki Kaiji, a.k.a. the voice of Attack on Titan's Eren Jaeger, Fire Emblem Fates' Takumi, One Punch Man's Sonic, etc.
  • Owns a Luxray, one of the coolest Electric-types around
  • Adorable personality mixed with nerd qualities; together, they make him very likable
  • Knows when to be serious when the time comes (one of his best moments is his battle against Xerosic later in the series)
  • Admirable love for inventions; even if he fails with one, that won't deter his interest.
  • So smart that he managed to get into an inventor's school when he was only a small child and managed to make a robot that would take his place in Gym Battles when he's gone; this robot, Clembot, is also a pretty likable character
  • Has good character development
  • Highly memorable bond with Ash

New Pokemon poll! This time, we're going to take a short break from the games and look at the anime perspective.

As some of you may or may not know, Clemont's final episode in the XY series is coming up this Sunday, so in light of that occasion, I thought today's topic will be...

Who is your favorite male traveling partner in the entire Pokemon anime? Answer in the Strawpoll below.

Personally, I like Brock the most of the four for obvious reasons that I'm sure many will discuss in the upcoming comments (I already know that he's going to dominate this poll), but I decided to once again give my vote to an underdog choice: Clemont.

My reasons:
  • His Japanese voice actor is Yuki Kaiji, a.k.a. the voice of Attack on Titan's Eren Jaeger, Fire Emblem Fates' Takumi, One Punch Man's Sonic, etc.
  • Adorable personality mixed with nerd qualities; together, they make him very likable
  • Knows when to be serious when the time comes (one of his best moments is his battle against Xerosic later in the series)
  • Admirable love for inventions; even if he fails with one, that won't deter his interest.
  • So smart that he managed to get into an inventor's school when he was only a small child and managed to make a robot that would take his place in Gym Battles when he's gone; this robot, Clembot, is also a pretty likable character
Voted for Brock. I don't really care for the rest.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ura Ura
OUR BOY IS FINALLY BACK
image.png

We finally have a protagonist in Generations that isn't Red

D

Deleted member

My reasons:
Considering the only other three(we don't talk about the T-Man) aren't that likeable, it's not even a contest
I like Max but not as much as Brock and the other two are a boring gym leader and a OH GOD SOMEONE STOP THESE FOOD PUNS I THINK I'M GONNA STRANGLE THAT KID
Also, in the Brazilian Portuguese dub, Brock's VA also did Vegeta with probably my favorite version of the "it's over 8000!" line

Chrono.

My reasons:
I voted for Clemont because I just don't care for the rest.

That being said, wow the male companions are so weak compared to the female ones.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

My reasons:
While I never played much of the games, I did watch quite a bit of the anime when it first aired. I'll have to choose Brock, though that's mainly for nostalgia.

Watched new PG short. Loved it
(although didn't they have to knock out the Electrodes in the game?)

My thirst for SSF2 Beta became even stronger...

D

Deleted member

Just watched the new Generations episode, thoughts
Yay, Johto hype
Why does Rocket's HQ have a slide on its secret entrance? Lol

>4 Pokeball are thrown
>5 Pokemon come out
10/10 continuity

Damn, Lance is still cheatong with that Barrier on Dragonite

Hey, it's Gold but he looks more like a mastermind villain with his face hidden

This is Petrel's first animated appearence and he's also the first one out of the executives, disappointed we didn't get Ariana in this and I doubt we'll get a Radio Tower so I guess no Proton aswell RIP

Lol the Electrodes were Spared by Adaptation

Hope we get one more Johto episode with actual Gold and then can we maybe get an actual animated Gold vs. Red fight? From: my hopes and dreams
**** it, they could do a two-part with the full Gold vs. Red fight but I know they'll just waste the opportunity

Chrono.

My favorite part was Gold showing up and the drunk Rocket grunts.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ura Ura
OUR BOY IS FINALLY BACK
View attachment 118366

We finally have a protagonist in Generations that isn't Red
They showed Gold but he didn't even talk. Was looking forward to him fighting alongside Lance so that's a bummer really.

Overall though the episode was pretty good. Seeing Lance wreck everybody is always awesome. Not only that but we finally got an anime appearance from one of the 4 Team Rocket Executives.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pokémon Generations hype!

Dragonite and Lance were badass. Great stuff.

Yay the Electrodes didn't die. :p I always ended up catching one of the trapped Electrode and using it on my team in HeartGold, and always tried to use it against the Rocket Admins as a form of payback. :laugh:

Gold! :D

Oh wow Petrel made an appearance. Just Proton, Arianna, and Archer to go. :p

I loved the animation at the end with Lance looking over the Lake of Rage and the Red Gyarados.

I give it a "give me more drunk Rocket grunts"/10

Still missing scenes from the trailer:
- Entei, Raikou, Suicune scene
- Giovanni in front of city lights late at night
- Cheryl, Chansey, ghost
- Buck's Claydol vs Heatran

Missing from poster:
- N and Ghetsis
- Kyogre vs Groudon
- Cyrus and Giratina at Spear Pillar
- Lysandre and AZ

D

Deleted member

*comes back to home*

*remembers a new Pokémon Generations episode has to be released today*

*discovers it is based on the Johto games*

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gotta say, it was a little weird for the Electrodes to make robot noises when they blinked but it makes sense considering they're basically ipods come to life, it makes sense.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just watched the new Generations episode.

This one was an improvement over the previous episode, instead of trying to split time between four different E4 and really none of them standing out, it just focuses on Lance's role in the raid and what he did during it (with some changes, but I'll get to that later). While I'm not the biggest fan of Dragonite and I do think it looks a bit goofy in some scenes, I did like its use here as it did feel like a powerful Pokemon to be reckoned with and it was nice that it served as a constant companion and helper to Lance. Lance was also pretty good in this event, because he did feel like a competent fighter throughout the time we do get with him.

My only complaints come down to two things: For the first, I'm mixed on the omission of Arianna as she was the head of the operation and should've been present here, but considering Petrel's role, it would've been hard to portray her here without her looking like a chump. So I think this is a case where they should've had more time as her lack of presence is notable here, and having that time would've allowed them to portray both with more power then what we were given with Petrel (though at least with him, he was always the lesser of the four executives, so it's a bit more understandable with him). Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Ethan here as while at least he's present, a lot of his actions went to Lance such as beating Petrel and freeing the Electrodes, he's not given a lot else to do. I kind of would've liked something that alluded to what he was doing while Lance did his thing, but with the limited time, I can see why it was glossed over.

My reasons:
I voted for Brock, but to be honest, I have mixed feelings on all of them. The thing with the male companions is that they oftentimes are the third wheel to Ash and the main girl and I don't think any of them break out of it. What hurts them even more is that in some cases is that they oftentimes do serve as the contributor of comedic actions within the group, which isn't bad, but it doesn't do much for their characters as it takes away from getting them to grow. I think all three could've benefitted from having more time dedicated to them, I understand that they have two other characters to focus on and their Pokémon, but I don't think that means one has to fall to the wayside for the other two to grow. All three can grow within their stories, you don't need one to be the weakest link of the group.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pokémon Generations #4 was great.

But the Rocket grunts who faced Lance were walking like, as my grandfather would say, "they have a pine cone up their butts".

Now if you excuse me, I got some Yo-kaing to do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At least they didn't insult you for winning :c
True, it was funny cause Sleppy Jirachi was streaming showdown earlier and this guy was salty over his loss and bother sleepy through dms. So sleepy kept repeating the same sentence over and over till they left. It was funny.

My reasons:
Brock is the only acceptable answer!
:p

But Tracy just existed really, didn't really like him, Cilian was similar, but blandish, and unlike clemont his gimmick every episode just wasn't as good imo. But BW was a mess, so poor Iris and Cilian.

Max was pretty cool, and befriended legends, something that no one outside of Ash has done really. Clemont is pretty great in XY so he takes second.
Watched new PG short. Loved it
(although didn't they have to knock out the Electrodes in the game?)

My thirst for SSF2 Beta became even stronger...
Yes, but they cut out the power source and just wrecked the machine which saved them. It was nice as they didn't need to be beat up for what they couldn't control.

Just watched the new Generations episode, thoughts
Yay, Johto hype
Why does Rocket's HQ have a slide on its secret entrance? Lol

>4 Pokeball are thrown
>5 Pokemon come out
10/10 continuity

Damn, Lance is still cheatong with that Barrier on Dragonite

Hey, it's Gold but he looks more like a mastermind villain with his face hidden

This is Petrel's first animated appearence and he's also the first one out of the executives, disappointed we didn't get Ariana in this and I doubt we'll get a Radio Tower so I guess no Proton aswell RIP

Lol the Electrodes were Spared by Adaptation

Hope we get one more Johto episode with actual Gold and then can we maybe get an actual animated Gold vs. Red fight? From: my hopes and dreams
**** it, they could do a two-part with the full Gold vs. Red fight but I know they'll just waste the opportunity
We have at least one more Johto episode, as there's the burned tower shot in the trailer.
My favorite part was Gold showing up and the drunk Rocket grunts.

This was one of my favorite parts in this. It's hilarious.

My thoughts:

Lance was great all around, doesn't seem like some evil mastermind like the previous episode. Dragonite has cool scenes to.

Really liked the flow of the episode and premise. It was great to see a short of a major moment like this.

I liked Ethan's presence there, but it be neat to see a bit of what he did. I expected him to be fighting Ptereal when LAnce showed up, but I guess not.

Overall I'd give it 8.5 out of 10. Really nice episode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I swear I'll riot if there isn't any appearance of any female counterpart of any player character from any generation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom