• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My PS3 may have just fried itself.

I popped in Persona 4 Ultimax and suddenly the disc drive starts make extremely loud noises, the PS3 didn't read the disc and now it won't come out.
Ill be damned P4AU killed a PS3.

Thats your PS3 saying "Get a PS4 and P5"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That game is pretty much why I hate the whole "You need to finish a game to review it!" and "It get's good later on!" mentality.
One hundred hours wasted beating the main story when I really should have just dropped the game after a few hours because holy **** I want that time back, but then I really had nothing else to play outside of old stuff. Biggest disappointment of last year for me.
I could give my thoughts on that two hours in. I'd only lack impressions on the Skells, later "story" stuff and a few areas.

Yeah, I'm glad I made the right descision there. And I did that before I started hearing negative things about the game, I got it shortly after its release. And after hours of playing it for a few days, I decided you know, I just wasn't really feeling it. :4shulk:The story was really lacking and the gameplay got pretty boring for me. There was just nothing to keep my interest in the game.

Glad it turns out I made the right choice, I just knew that I probably wasn't going to enjoy the rest of the game. And I was pretty hyped for the game before I got it. Though to be fair, I did play it longer than I did some other games. Destiny I only played for a total of 5 hours on the day it came out. :p Around the same time for Evolved.(Which I bought because at the time I couldn't really think of anything else I wanted.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

What the hell is this?

Ill be damned P4AU killed a PS3.

Thats your PS3 saying "Get a PS4 and P5"
B-But P5 is on the PS3 as well. Not to mention me and Dad share a PS4.

Really hoping it's just a weird thing because my PS3's disc drive has been on the fritz for months now.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What the hell is this?

B-But P5 is on the PS3 as well.

Really hoping it's just a weird thing because my PS3's disc drive has been on the fritz for months now.
I was going to post that last week but I forgot. Does anyone know if this is an official product?

D

Deleted member

I don't know whether this is old news or not, but Nintendo will be releasing a Famicom version of the NES Classic Edition in Japan.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know whether this is old news or not, but Nintendo will be releasing a Famicom version of the NES Classic Edition in Japan.

I wonder if they'll have StarTropics (a game that never got released in Japan) like the international version.

EDIT: Nope! They have a different collection.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really enjoy XCX but maybe it's because I rarely have the time to play it so when I do play it, it doesn't feel as repetitive as playing constantly
I'm somewhat stuck now because the Story mission requires me to be at least Lv30 and that ain't that easy to do
Getting and using the Skell was super fun though and I love walking around with it
Maybe it's just my general liking for gameplay-focused RPGs rather than story based ones, though I was enjoying its story even if I have basically no idea of what's going on besides "humans vs evil aliens"

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I honestly think Sandow has been terrible in TNA so far, the badass-*** kicker persona really doesn't suit him well. But at least he's getting a push there.

I always thought he was mostly fine in WWE, they just needed to give him a decent midcard belt push after that hollow MITB victory (which really should've been the start of a decent Sandow push and a babyface Cody push).

Oh and I agree on BROKEN Matt and Brother Nero. I'd like to see them back in WWE, but as their usual Hardy Boyz selves. Their new personas are amazing but don't fit anywhere now and like you said they'd just script them to hell.
I thought Sandow could have easily been a main event player in WWE if his character was tweaked a bit. Might be in the minority here but he's the kind of guy I feel that can be a world champion wherever he goes.

Yeah, those are my thoughts on the Hardy's coming back to WWE. WWE might try and do their own watered down version of the Broken Matt character but it's going to suck. As for Jeff I can see them trying to milk every penny out of him like they did before in 2006-2009.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Most of the complaints I've heard about Xenoblade Chronicles X were complaints I personally had with the original.

I just need a long time and a TV to play it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of the NES Classic Edition, apparently the North American is getting an official game guide for it. Prima Games is the publisher and it's a whopping 320-pages.

I can't remember the last time I bought a guide and this won't change it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's weird seeing these divisive opinions; Xenoblade X was one of my favourite games from last year...
Whereas I'm playing the first Xenoblade and I'm struggling to continue playing through it...Perhaps it's a reverse sequelitis or the fact that I'm not really playing it for the same reasons I played X...
I picked up X because it was the sort of game I was looking for and wanted to play for a while, a large-scale Open-world RPG set on a mostly undiscovered Alien planet...The Environments really drew me into the world and enticed me to continue exploring uncovering different areas I haven't been to before, and fighting all sorts of creatures, some of them way out of my league...While to an extent I a very similar vibe from the first game, something about it just doesn't draw me like X did...

I think it's best not to force myself into playing it and pick it up at a more leisurely rate, which I feel like this is how the Xenoblade series in general is supposed to be played...

Of course the story is rather lacking in X compared to the first but given the very open nature of X it's kinda difficult to really push such an involved plot into the game...I dunno...from my current impressions so far each game pretty much covers the others weaknesses to a certain extent...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Famicom Wars and Fire Emblem (1990) aren't on this. Two titles that are pretty important given that they spawned 2 significant Nintendo franchises. If there's a Super Famicom Mini they outta put Super Famicom Wars and FE3 on the list as well. And maybe translate it to English so they can also release the games here.

Also I forgot to say this earlier so Happy Birthday Aetheri Aetheri !

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good god, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle seriously didn't age well after all these years.

Though to be fair, early 2000's CG sucked as much as late 90's CGI.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of the NES Classic Edition, apparently the North American is getting an official game guide for it. Prima Games is the publisher and it's a whopping 320-pages.

I always bought guides for the artwork. Idk if guides still have that

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's weird seeing these divisive opinions; Xenoblade X was one of my favourite games from last year...
Whereas I'm playing the first Xenoblade and I'm struggling to continue playing through it...Perhaps it's a reverse sequelitis or the fact that I'm not really playing it for the same reasons I played X...
I picked up X because it was the sort of game I was looking for and wanted to play for a while, a large-scale Open-world RPG set on a mostly undiscovered Alien planet...The Environments really drew me into the world and enticed me to continue exploring uncovering different areas I haven't been to before, and fighting all sorts of creatures, some of them way out of my league...While to an extent I a very similar vibe from the first game, something about it just doesn't draw me like X did...

I think it's best not to force myself into playing it and pick it up at a more leisurely rate, which I feel like this is how the Xenoblade series in general is supposed to be played...

Of course the story is rather lacking in X compared to the first but given the very open nature of X it's kinda difficult to really push such an involved plot into the game...I dunno...from my current impressions so far each game pretty much covers the others weaknesses to a certain extent...
The gameplay of the original doesn't come close to X so I would have trouble going back now too.

Xeno Wii and X are such vastly different games it makes sense why one would be awkward for the other.

Chronicles is much more linear and has dungeons and stuff like that, with a lot of focus on characters, story, and making your characters feel unique, essentially by giving you 7 different undefined classes to play with. EX Reyn is dedicated tank, Sharla is the healer etc. (compared to XCX where you get multiple, not very fleshed out characters with basic defined classes. None have talent arts replaced by the global overdrive)

X has much more focus on exploring an extremely hostile* and awesome open world (hence skells and a sprint button) and completing sidequests to help a community. Story and characters are almost non-existent to put all focus on gameplay.

*this is why a lot of enemies have huge lines of sight and chase you for so damn long, with so many pop-up enemies that just appear. Or at least I assume it's intentional.

Wii takes a lot more inspiration from "traditional" RPGs (I mean just look at the designs of some armor lol) while X takes more from MMOs (it's why I think there are random restrictions on missions just handed to you for no reason). Also defined character VS avatar.

Both do a lot of things well, each do some things bad/poorly (random collectibles in Wii, **** like the repair job and terrible party customization in X) so it's not like either are bad.

I think XCX does more things worse though.

Some terrible difficulty curves in there (XC has a few too though), avatar included in story terribly, music etc.
:061:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

> No Murasame Castle

That's fine, it's not like I was seriously expecting a resurgence of notability for the game in Japan or anything.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I've got a pile of books largely made up of guides I've either picked up or had gifted to me (said pile also contains History of Sonic the Hedgehog, Hyrule Historia (just because I'm not a Zelda fan yet doesn't mean I don't pick things up on a whim. . . The Hylian language guides are nice), and a manga drawing guide book also gotten on a whim that in retrospect was probably a bad purchase because the guy clearly isn't natural at it and later I saw someone randomly publicly shame the author as an example of a bad place to learn from.)

. . .Actually quick derail but I have the Zelda manga collection on that bookcase as well. I'm not even sure why I keep buying these things when I've never even picked out any of these games from that series for myself yet, I guess I saw someone IRL claim to be a fan of the series and figured why the heck not. Was a fun enough ride except for seeing. . .anatomy. . .on a baby Link.

I mean then again I did pick up the first two volumes of the Mega Man comics before picking up the first two games of that and I still haven't picked up any more games yet despite getting two more volumes, several individual comics including World's Collide and in a couple of cases comic shop exclusive covers, Megamix, Gigamix, and a book of the Dreamwave comic. . .OK OK this was not a quick derail, I have a weird habit.

Aaaanyway. . .don't really use them that much but I like having a physical book I can crack open for a couple of things like checking the Pokemon Nature system and the hardcovers are neat.

Especially the Pokemon Gen 5 guides. Black and white colored with shiny silver ink on BW's and shiny gold ink on B2W2's. The colors are mirrored compared to the sets just like with the games, and I think each one came with a little holographic poster although IIRC the B2W2 poster was scraped up from the time I got it. The B2W2 book has one of those little cloth string bookmarks embedded in it like with some stuff, too.

Here's hoping Gen 7 gets a book that good. . .or maybe not, as my wallet might cry before I even get an NX.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
in pokemon rumor news drama ensued when the riddler was mistranslted by cresselia which in turn led to a dis war

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*EDIT* Darnit I thought I checked to make sure that wasn't double posted, sorry about that.

At least there was a gap between the posts.

Uh. . .so anyone have a favorite Splatoon weapon?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
> No Murasame Castle

That's fine, it's not like I was seriously expecting a resurgence of notability for the game in Japan or anything.

Yeah, because it's not like the game had multiple Virtual Console releases in Japan or anything. :4wario2:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Chinese Riddler is claiming Z-Move secrets will be revealed "soon".

If he's right, then I bet this Tuesday is the day.

Chrono.

The fact that Riddler reads the Bulbagarden leak thread is the most surprising thing I've seen this week.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Quick Thoughts:
- I'm surprised they got the Sunsoft license.
- I'm surprised this is coming nearly the same day as the NES one.
- Actually knowing what some of those Japanese titles are thanks to GameCenter CX, the NES version objectively has better titles. Honestly the only title we missed out on was River City Ransom.
- No idea why they didn't go all out given the Japanese VC has a larger selection of titles, however, I cannot say that the chosen titles aren't among the most nostalgic titles for the early FC. Ex. Mystery of Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom