• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
What happened exactly?
long story short
riddler said "something would be revealed soon"
cresselia mistranslated soon as tomorrow
tomorrow came and nothing was revealed cresselia may have implied on accident that the riddlers chinese was poor
riddler turns out to read bulbagarden where this was said next post from riddler throws shade on cresselia

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles X right now, and I think the original Xenoblade is a masterpiece.
I will admit, I struggle to like this game at the start because I don't like military stuff very much, and everything appeared to be flat/mechanical, characters talked about mechanics/gameplay-wise stuff and not about their relationship or characteristic , that was what I think turned Xenoblade into something special. So, at the start, I was quite disappointed.

But the game grows with time. Now that I probably have a 50+ hours playing already, I don't regret a single minute of investing in the game. The game itself becomes much better after chapter 3~4 , somewhere you can reach within 6 or 30 hours ...
I'm someone who does EVERY SINGLE MISSION (not all basic on this game, because they looks to be countless, but all commom and beyong) possible, so this slow start was a slow bore to me, but it's gone.
After chapter 5 the game it's Xenoblade quality or very close to it. Characters are nice and I want to know more about them, the game give me bits of info that let me go further on their story and relationship.
The mechanics(gameplay) in this game are gorgeous.
The need to use ranged/melee and Art wisely to don't lose time in cooldown is something you learn with time, and there's a lot of classes, arts, skills, soul voices... two different people can play completely different from one another. I started to become a Astral Crusader (Javelin + Sniper), mastered, and now I'm trying to master each class, keeping my sniper skills/arts.

The world is fantastic. I love how sometimes I'm pissed because I can't reach somewhere even with the Skyrim-horse powers that your character have to climb. So I must discover new patches, new roads, new caverns and all this kind of stuff.
Primordia is Bionis Leg's more beautiful, more detailed, and just... bigger.
The scenarios are quite similar to the Xenoblade ones, but I think they crafted even better with the Wii U hardware.
The soundtrack is hit and miss. The city has 2 main songs, one is veeery fun, and the other I want to mute or shot myself everytime ot starts. Sometimes they don't know WHERE to put the songs, and what volume to use... but it's ok.
Some songs are really catchy, other good, others regular, some are horrible stuff. I mean... REALLY BAD.

The experience I'm having now is the same quality from Xenoblade Chronicles (original), but it's sad the start is so mechanical and souless. I don't like they don't let me use my characters in the main quest too (I use the avatar, L , Alexa, and Doug.). The characters are mostly good.
(I'm not playing online, so I can't say about the online experience...)

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I've begun marathoning Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Youtube for no reason whatsoever. Good use of a day off I suppose.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The world is fantastic. I love how sometimes I'm pissed because I can't reach somewhere even with the Skyrim-horse powers that your character have to climb.
The most satisfying moments for me were when I actually got to areas that seemed impossible to get to on-foot/without Skell and yet I found ways of actually getting to them, like getting on top of the mountains at the top-right of Oblivia and running along the top of them to underneath the area where you have to fly to get to.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Totally random question and all but what are your Top 5 favorite Nintendo series?

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

Honorable mentions go to DK, Fire Emblem, and Star Fox.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The most satisfying moments for me were when I actually got to areas that seemed impossible to get to on-foot/without Skell and yet I found ways of actually getting to them, like getting on top of the mountains at the top-right of Oblivia and running along the top of them to underneath the area where you have to fly to get to.
YES! YES! YOU UNDESTAND IT! But even when sometimes it just isn't possible, it's good. It's that frustration that I miss so much in videogames nowadays. Even better because you know you shouldn't be jumping around King's Fall for 20 minutes opening after opening to climb something that the designers doens't expected someone would have this patience.
I don't have a Skell yet. I finished chapter 6 20 minutes ago, so I don't know the meaning of "just fly there"... it's jumping all around, all day long. One of my favorites places are Nopon Highroads in Noctilum... I tried so hard to keep moving forward there, using the mushroom-like trees and all kind of stuff as plataforms.

--------------------
My top 5 Nintendo Franchises:
1 - Donkey Kong
2 - Super Smash Bros (it's a franchise... am i right ?)
3 - The Legend of Zelda
4 - Mario Bros.
5 - Animal Crossing (my guilty pleasure)

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Happy Birthday to Aetheri Aetheri ! Hope you've had a great day and here's to many more!

Re - Xenoblade Chronicles VS XCX, All this debate does is reminds me I've still yet to finish either of them. :')

XCX's flaws are certainly a lot more apparent in comparison to the amazing game that was its predecessor - such as the story being much weaker, awkward party formulation (Having to go back to the main hub city to swap out various team members is annoying, not to mention it can be hard to find them every now and then can become frustrating), and how the soundtrack can range to being good, or sometimes fall into so bad its good territory. I've also had problems with the patches that reduce the load times, so I deleted them since they felt a bit more of a hindrance. Despite that, it's still a serviceable game.

Xenoblade Chronicle's only flaw is that I haven't beaten this amazing game.

Either way, I have to finish these games eventually. Maybe I'll finish Chronicles X first, then continue where I left off back in the first game.

Totally random question and all but what are your Top 5 favorite Nintendo series?

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

1: Fire Emblem
2: Pokémon
3: Metroid
4: Zelda
5: Kirby

Burruni

Smash Hero

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

:4pikachu:
:4kirby:
:4link:
:4wario2: (Actual platformer Wario)
:4olimar:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Recently @Spazzy_D and I got a chance to interview Kyle Hebert, the voice of Ryu in Smash. He recorded via his phone, so the quality isn't perfect but it's still a very interesting interview. Enjoy!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

1. Pokemon
2. Smash Bros
3. Mario Kart/Super Mario
4. Fire Emblem
5. Legend of Zelda

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Recently @Spazzy_D and I got a chance to interview Kyle Hebert, the voice of Ryu in Smash. He recorded via his phone, so the quality isn't perfect but it's still a very interesting interview. Enjoy!
Source Gaming is getting really big.

You should be proud.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Source Gaming is getting really big.

You should be proud.
Thanks, I am! My sister told me her high school students knew about me, so it feels like it's getting bigger. I'm happy that I've received so much support from the community over the past two years, it makes all the late nights worth it.

D

Deleted member

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

Note to self: Play some franchises other than Pokemon.
For now, Pokemon is gonna fill slots 1-4, with Mario being on the 5th.

D

Deleted member

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

In no particular order:

Super Mario
Donkey Kong
The Legend of Zelda
Xenoblade Chronicles
Super Smash Bros.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Thanks, I am! My sister told me her high school students knew about me, so it feels like it's getting bigger. I'm happy that I've received so much support from the community over the past two years, it makes all the late nights worth it.
Glad to have contributed to your site Push. Even if it was just for one article.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Note to self: Play some franchises other than Pokemon.
For now, Pokemon is gonna fill slots 1-4, with Mario being on the 5th.
Actually, just realized Smash also counts as a franchise, so that fills the 4th slot instead.

Chrono.

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

1. Pokemon
2. Zelda
3. Smash
4. Kirby
5. F-Zero

Honorable Mentions: Kid Icarus, Xenoblade, Custom Robo and Mario

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-Playing Showdown on UU and below.

Get into an intense match. Comes down to rottom and nidoking.

Last opposing pokemon is Florges. Is spamming wish and aromatherapy.

Rottom's moves: Thunder Wave, will o wisp, hex, volt switch.

Now I can stall them till they kill rottom and don't heal the paralyzation. Thus nidoking can come and be faster.

They finally kill rottom. Send out nidoking. Florges is full hp with paralyze up. Gets paralyzed and can't move.

Nidoking hits with poison jab leaving it in yellow hp. Florges is dead next turn like I planned.

"The opposing player has disconnecting, wait 60 seconds for them and see if they return."

They don't, as I figured.

Top tier salt and plays right there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

Pokemon
Mario
Kirby
Zelda
Dkc

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

Actually kinda difficult picking a fifth since most other series I either enjoyed only one or two games or it's sort of lacking in a decent number of games to be a proper series, but since I liked Xenoblade X, and can still appreciate Chronicles for what it is, I put it at number 5...If you know me the rest shouldn't be big surprises...

5:4shulk:Xenoblade
4:4mario:Super Smash Bros
3:4pikachu:Pokemon
2:4link:The Legend of Zelda
1:4samus:Metroid

----

Speaking of Metroid...

Just beat AM2R

Clear Time: 7:24
Completion: 94%
Not bad for a first time run...Wasn't really rushing and didn't want to spend too long looking for missing items...

Before taking on the Metroid Queen I did some backtracking to find any missed collectibles (found out I completely skipped the Wave Beam) but also found a really neat hidden area....Its very reminiscent of the GFS Valhalla as it's a derelict G-Fed ship, full of mysterious dead bodies...There was also a hidden boss in this area, being the Genesis of all things, another creature from Fusion....

For those that played Fusion the Genesis are these purple lizard-like creatures that chill in the ceiling and they just spit acid below which can damage the player...I always thought of it as one of the more intersting looking creatures despite it being nothing more than an annoying obstacle in Fusion...So it was actually really cool to see this critter get a bit more attention...
But in this game however, this thing was not only really frikkin terrifying, but it was actually a decent threat...You are rewarded with an energy tank, which you acquire just before battling it, which is decent...

This actually has some decent narrative as you find these dead bodies within the ship, and you come across a rather dark lit room with a few creatures contained except one is shown to be broken indicating something got loose, all this before facing off against the Genesis...Stuff like this is what makes the whole 'show don't tell' narrative we see in Metroid games such an important aspect...

Now for the end-game...
One thing I have to say is the final area is pretty much the exact same as the original in terms of it's layout...From the long linear caves to the pools of water which you can fall through to make progressing a little bit annoying at times...To the vast open space before Space Jumping waaaay up into what is Metroid II's equivalent of Tourian...The Metroid's in this game recover rather quickly from being frozen, making them quite dangerous...After defeating all of the Larva, just like in the original you can hear angry cries before confronting the Queen...Who actually puts up quite a fight, one major difference is how it forces you into different rooms instead of just staying stationary, something I actually love seeing in boss fights because it shows that you are both in the same world rather than fighting in a designated arena...
But that finish...The Metroid Queen lashes out grabbing you in her mouth with Samus forcefully holding it open, as you fire missiles continuously until the Queen forces you into it's stomach as a morph ball to finish it off with a Power Bomb! DAMN that was a satisfying finish!!

One other thing that was cool was how the end credits included everyone who worked on the original, as well as very nice shoutout to Iwata! :')

If this weren't a fan-game this would be in my top 5 favourite Metroid games easy...One thing is for certain, DoctorM64 knows his Metroids, and he did a wonderful job with this game!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I need to post here more but the site runs like **** on my phone

Please fix Warchamp. You ruined mobile users a year ago anyway

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

1. Super Mario
2. Super Smash Bros
3. Donkey Kong
4. Star Fox
5. Splatoon (not a series as of yet but it's safe to assume we'll get more Splatoon games)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

1. Punch Out
  2. F-Zero
  3. Fire Emblem
  4. Kirby
  5. Pokemon
Honorable mentions are: Mario, Metroid, Xenoblade and WarioLand

I would put Wii Fit up there but I haven't mess with that in years and my balance board doesn't work anymore :4wiifit:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My honorable mention is fossil fighters

Good game, but the latest one was horrible

It's heading the wrong direction

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In no particular order....

1. Metroid
2. Zelda
3. Mario
4. Animal Crossing
5. Lolo (a dead series but fun nonetheless)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For some reason, RogerBase is taking a vacation in Chicago again.

Hopefully I get the chance to meet him in person since I missed that opportunity the last time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
CAT ROOM.jpg

I was exploring the new "Woodland Mansion" in minecraft when I came onto this

I guess they are cat people

Ok, hear me out.

The Portuguese Man of War floats, right? It uses gas to make itself a mindless raft.

So what if the Tentacruel, grown in Alola's tropical waters, evolved to hunt for new prey? The gas in its head would serve... as a balloon.

Flying/Poison!
Well, that is indeed a good idea. And we don't really have many Flying/Poison types yet.

Here's mine...

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Advance Wars/Wars
3. Golden Sun
4. Pokemon
5. F-Zero

1. Pokemon
2. Kirby
3. Donkey Kong
4. Mario
5. Yoshi

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Top 5 Nintendo series?
1. Super Smash Bros.
2. Pokemon
3. Mario
4. The Legend of Zelda
5. Kirby

2, 3 and 4 may have different places depending on what I'm currently playing. Normally Mario would be 2 but I've just finished replaying Gold and am still replaying HeartGold.

D

Deleted member

I think I'll stop my HeartGold playthrough and then restart it after Sun and Moon
My plans for this playthrough were completely ruined and I don't really feel like using my current save file anymore
Anyway, time to play Y! :4greninja:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think I'll stop my HeartGold playthrough and then restart it after Sun and Moon
My plans for this playthrough were completely ruined and I don't really feel like using my current save file anymore
Anyway, time to play Y! :4greninja:
That's funny, I just started my playthough. Coming from Pokemon X, it sure feels like I hardly have any good Pokemon options.

Also, I want a Honchkrow, Mismagius and Togekiss.

Stupid lack of stones.

So far Im using a Bellsprout and my starter Cyndaquil.

Plan on getting a Venomoth and a Vaporeon I think.

Maybe a Lickilicky too...

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Top 5 Ninty franchises....

Mario
Pokémon
Kirby
Smash Bros
Fire Emblem

in that order.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What ever happened to Darkrai in Pokken?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
He's playable in arcades IIRC.

No mention of when he'll come to consoles.
Perhaps they'll be doing an NX version? That's probably the most possible reason why they haven't said anything about any other newcomers to Pokkén in quite some time now.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Perhaps they'll be doing an NX version? That's probably the most possible reason why they haven't said anything about any other newcomers to Pokkén in quite some time now.
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me. Pokken sold decently for a game released late in the Wii U's lifespan, but that of course means not everyone got to play it.

Namco was rumored to be making several NX games too, so maybe we'll see a Pokken port pop up.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Top 5 Nintendo franchises:
  1. Kirby
  2. Pokémon
  3. Super Smash Bros.
  4. Fossil Fighters
  5. The Legend of Zelda

I remember when I was younger, I taught myself that the main five game series of all time were Mario, Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Sonic, and Pokémon. I look back now and see how wrong I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom