• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Now the physical games are almost literally worthless. Anyone know some arts/crafts stuff to do with old discs?
If you're a trapper, they attract raccoons.

Although I have no personal need for such hobbies. I don't own anything that my local raccoons would get into...

Let's all be honest.

If there's no Tentecool/cruel Alolan form, it'll be the biggest wasted opportunity.

Not saying that Pokemon games have to echo real life, but Portuguese Man of Wars love warm and tropical waters.
I'd love to see them get an Alolan form as well. But what type would they be?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
A recent Nintendo advertisement advertised Paper Mario: Color Splash in a pretty... odd way to the say the least.

Yeah Nintendo.... I think you're forgetting that Splatoon is a shooter while Paper Mario: Color Spash is an RPG adventure.
You know, normally companies would try to promote a new IP with an existing property.
Now they're trying to promote an existing property with a new IP.
It's obviously a clue.

Sonic Mania will end with Classic Sonic seeing everything.

The dark future that awaits.

And that's how Project 2017 happens.

View attachment 118341
That's a pretty bold theory, maybe you should look at some....more clues.

Chrono.

REALTALK.
DO IT.
BECAUSE APOCOLYPSE IS PRETTY GOOD SO FAR.
I've been doing it a lot in "offtime" namely so I had buffer for guides to start coming up.
And will be flipping between it and YW2 in hopes to get at least one done before Sun & Moon hit.

My biggest complaint so far is that it's like actually having real good AI taking SMT hard to a new stage, and demon negotiation hasn't gotten better
I kinda wanna get it, but I already got Dragon Quest VII and that game's gonna be a massive timesink as it is (if the 100 hour campaign claims are true anyway).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd love to see them get an Alolan form as well. But what type would they be?
Ok, hear me out.

The Portuguese Man of War floats, right? It uses gas to make itself a mindless raft.

So what if the Tentacruel, grown in Alola's tropical waters, evolved to hunt for new prey? The gas in its head would serve... as a balloon.

Flying/Poison!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Happy Birthday Aetheri Aetheri !
Man, I hate having to make my mons into hm slaves to get to the E4 and champion....that is, the cave hms. I'm fine with giving lapras or tentacruel surf, waterfall, and in tenta's case, Dive. It's having to swap out my Mightyena for a Machop that I can teach strength. I hate it. If I settle on a team of 6 I shouldn't have to give up some of those 6 because of a shoddy hm-required obstacle that does nothing but move a rock!

D

Deleted member

Something interesting I found out about the live action Jojo movie. It's going to be a TRILOGY. This first movie will get to Bad Company, which explains why Rohan wasn't listed in a list of casted roles
So, it'll basically have zero plot
I was more worried about lack of Kira actor tho

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to mention this earlier, but Happy Birthday Aetheri Aetheri ! Don't forget to revisit your recent Y game file for the Pokemon Center birthday special, because it only happens once a year!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ha ha! Watching the Super Smash Bros. Crusade SSB Con 2016 stream, one of the color swaps for Shadow the Hedgehog is one looking like Coldsteel the Hedgeheg.:joyful:

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so to put my 2 cents into yesterdays review argument
writeing a review on an rpg based off of 6 hours of gameplay is like if i wrote a review based off of
harry potter and the sorcerers stone after only getting to the part where harry lets the snake out at the zoo

oh wait no its not because unlike a reviwer i can stop reading this book to pursue my on intrests and play games and read books that i want to....unlike Game reviewers whos JOB is to Play the damn game they were given

now in the case of yokai watch 2 the game comes out tomorrow and their (gamexplains) review is out yesterday

you legit had nearly 200 hours to beat the game and write a review and you didnt even get to the point where you had every mechanic available? in an rpg that can be beaten in 5 days max?

call me crazy but i think that is exceedingly lazy

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
writeing a review on an rpg based off of 6 hours of gameplay is like if i wrote a review based off of
harry potter and the sorcerers stone after only getting to the part where harry lets the snake out at the zoo
I love you for this comparison
Does this answer your question?

ok thats pretty cute-no but wait, how is its food...?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh... Well, this is going to be a not as fun answer...

This answer makes the already disturbing "Patback" from spongebob even more disturbing. :p
I looked this up also wanting to answer the question and it gets even better.

Apparently some kinds of starfish shove their own stomachs into the clams they eat and pump digestive enzymes into them until they can drink up the remains.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh... Well, this is going to be a not as fun answer...

This answer makes the already disturbing "Patback" from spongebob even more disturbing. :p
Oh yeah I know stars have the mouth under them but The pokés.. wait I never saw Mistys Starmie eat before also

That poor thing

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
oh wait no its not because unlike a reviwer i can stop reading this book to pursue my on intrests and play games and read books that i want to....unlike Game reviewers whos JOB is to Play the damn game they were given
You're acting like reviewers aren't people like you or me.
If they're not enjoying a game and have no desire to continue then they too have the right to put the game down and move on. Their job isn't to play games to completion, it's to write reviews based on the time they've spent on a game. They literally have no obligation to finish a game, they're paid to write reviews not waste time on things they don't like when they could do something they'd rather do instead.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
If they're not enjoying a game and have no desire to continue then they too have the right to put the game down and move on. Their job isn't to play games to completion, it's to write reviews based on the time they've spent on a game. They literally have no obligation to finish a game, they're paid to write reviews not waste time on things they don't like when they could do something they'd rather do instead.

okay then lets take a look at that gamexplain review of yokai watch 2....in which derrick says "i like this game" and lists that as his review by all means going off your logic he should have done more than 6 hours

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm kind of Hoping TNA gets bought by WWE. I would like to see Damien Sandow return to the WWE ring along side the Hardy brothers or "Broken Brothers"
That would be nice on paper though WWE screwed Sandow so much that if they did re-sign him he would be right back to being jobbed out again. Would much rather see him in RoH or NJPW.

As for the Broken Brothers I don't want to see them either. The reason the Broken Matt character worked so well in TNA is because Matt had complete creative control over what he was doing. WWE wants to script everything for talents so Matt's promo's are going to be so forced and he wouldn't have the freedom he had before. Even if he did have creative freedom WWE still has to appease sponsors so the character is bound to be toned down to a certain degree at the very least.

Chrono.

That would be nice on paper though WWE screwed Sandow so much that if they did re-sign him he would be right back to being jobbed out again. Would much rather see him in RoH or NJPW.

As for the Broken Brothers I don't want to see them either. The reason the Broken Matt character worked so well in TNA is because Matt had complete creative control over what he was doing. WWE wants to script everything for talents so Matt's promo's are going to be so forced and he wouldn't have the freedom he had before. Even if he did have creative freedom WWE still has to appease sponsors so the character is bound to be toned down to a certain degree at the very least.
I honestly think Sandow has been terrible in TNA so far, the badass-ass kicker persona really doesn't suit him well. But at least he's getting a push there.

I always thought he was mostly fine in WWE, they just needed to give him a decent midcard belt push after that hollow MITB victory (which really should've been the start of a decent Sandow push and a babyface Cody push).

Oh and I agree on BROKEN Matt and Brother Nero. I'd like to see them back in WWE, but as their usual Hardy Boyz selves. Their new personas are amazing but don't fit anywhere now and like you said they'd just script them to hell.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been really enjoying AM2R...so many neat things to uncover, I can also see some neat shortcuts added in specifically for speedrunners as well...As well as some cleverly hidden items that I managed to uncover after several attempts, such as one area that requires some serious shinespark tech...

Also...
Frikkin Serris from Fusion is in the game! It's actually a really neat call-back, considering the BSL in Fusion is full of life from SR-388...
Found it to be quite a bit easier than it was in Fusion, mainly because there's a lot more room to move around and you already have the Gravity Suit so you aren't hindered by water...even though the entire battle takes place underwater...

Finally managed to reach the Omega Metroids and very much like in the original they seemed to be a lot easier than the Zetas...Possibly because at this point you have more Super Missiles and they are a lot easier to hit than the Zetas...

Kinda funny to see the Galactic Federation thrown in as death fodder for the first encounter with the Omegas though...Either way managed to defeat all the Omegas and getting ready to take on the Queen soon, but first I'm going to run back and uncover any areas I haven't explored yet...and possibly try to find all other power-ups I haven't found yet...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Reviewing games sounds amazing. Don't like the game? Just move on.
Not like my current job where I have to do everything I'm asked regardless of how much I dislike it.

D

Deleted member

I agree, and the reason I say this this is because unlike a movie or a book, often times in a game you don't need to complete the entire game to know if it's any good or not. Why is this? Because games have an ability to repetitive, literally repeating tasks over and over and over again. I don't think you should have to complete an entire game if that's the case. As long as they at least played enough to where they have enough to get a good grasp of what it is, enough deph for a review, and why they stopped playing then I'm fine with them not completing it.

I for an example didn't really play that much of Xenoblade X I was excited about it, but I really wasn't into it and stopped playing it, it just wasn't appealng to me, and by that point of the game I just knew that I wasn't going to have fun with the rest of it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I see reviewing games more like reviewing a car and/or road journey than anything like a film or book. It's interactive so that adds another dimension. That said, a car review by someone who doesn't know how to take it out of park is how some game reviews feel like these days.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
okay then lets take a look at that gamexplain review of yokai watch 2....in which derrick says "i like this game" and lists that as his review by all means going off your logic he should have done more than 6 hours
Derrick's a human being. Just because he liked a game doesn't mean he's suddenly going to have over six hours. He's got to eat, drink, pay taxes and sleep if he wants to actually be healthy and live properly and actually do his job. He's also got free time and other things to do as part of his job.

I for an example didn't really play that much of Xenoblade X I was excited about it, but I really wasn't into it and stopped playing it, it just wasn't appealng to me, and by that point of the game I just knew that I wasn't going to have fun with the rest of it.
That game is pretty much why I hate the whole "You need to finish a game to review it!" and "It get's good later on!" mentality.
One hundred hours wasted beating the main story when I really should have just dropped the game after a few hours because holy **** I want that time back, but then I really had nothing else to play outside of old stuff. Biggest disappointment of last year for me.
I could give my thoughts on that two hours in. I'd only lack impressions on the Skells, later "story" stuff and a few areas.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But in all seriousness Azure, this isn't funny anymore either. >.>

I didn't need to come home to see a bunch of inbox notifications of older posts as well. Heh, you still reminded me of all the times X tried breaking into the forums with multiple accounts.

But it's best not to talk about "him" again.

Last edited:

Chrono.

My PS3 may have just fried itself.

I popped in Persona 4 Ultimax and suddenly the disc drive starts make extremely loud noises, the PS3 didn't read the disc and now it won't come out.

D

Deleted member

All this talk about liking old posts reminds me of awhile back when a few people read entire threads in one or two sittings and liked every single post of mine in said threads regardless of their quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom