• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It took 20 minutes for me to get food at McDonalds

If I wanted to wait that long I would have just gone to a restaurant

They gave me a free apple pie for my trouble, but c'mon
Your first mistake was eating at McDonald's....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Your first mistake was eating at McDonald's....
Only thing else we have around here is a Jack in the Box that's infamous for burning food and having employees that steal credit information

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Wow, force feeding opinions much?

I was only making a light hearted joke in the first place, but you could have a bit more tact in discussions rather than just dismissing anything anyone else says.

Otherwise, nobody will want to talk to you.
On the contrary, the claim was "you're not buying the game to stare at the box art." I denied that you do this, for it's exceptionally rare the person that would purchase a game for that specific reason. I surmised that you didn't really mean him speaking for himself on that claim, but on a hidden second point that people don't buy physical copies in general nowadays, and thought you were using that as a device to involve yourself in the conversation and joke around with us. I was attempting to help Falkoopa, who I perceived as misunderstanding you in ways already mentioned, understand. Unless, of course, you actually get physical copies specifically to stare at box art as a primary reason?
I, too, was making a light-hearted joke about the absurdity of if someone did that, and what they might say. Then, I appealed with my economic side to garner a deniability if such a person came forward. I didn't expect that person to be you.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In Smash-related news, it's really nice to see a big-name player like MewtwoKing actually use common sense and bring attention to the fact that some people want to restrict Miis competitively when they have no reason to do so. Banning Miis/restricting them to 1111 makes zero sense when they're designed the way they are, aren't threats to begin with, and would really only run one or two specific sets anyway.

Props to M2K for bringing this to more peoples' attention.
I can understand potentially banning some custom moves if they become too powerful, but that's about it. Or at least specific custom combinations if those are too strong together. Either way, restricting them to the same 1111 is dumb. Especially when the bigger issue is what weight they are. I understand why it's hard to gauge them in competitive play.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What are the results of the poll anyways?

D

Deleted member

I'm not a political person as I really dislike politics, but I will say that although I am not a feminist, I do appreciate a lot for what it stands for. I believe in equality for everyone and despise prejudice and racism 100%.

With that said... I have to admit, I get really urked at all of the hate I see on the internet for "Straight White Males". I understand that a lot of people are just venting their frustration not in the best form, but regardless, I have not lived a privileged life because I am white/male, if anything I've had a pretty difficult life and that's fine, a lot of people do. However, I wish people would stop generalizing about white people as a whole because it's just as unfair as it would be about any other race and I find it is hypocritical as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not a political person as I really dislike politics, but I will say that although I am not a feminist, I do appreciate a lot for what it stands for. I believe in equality for everyone and despise prejudice and racism 100%.

With that said... I have to admit, I get really urked at all of the hate I see on the internet for "Straight White Males". I understand that a lot of people are just venting their frustration not in the best form, but regardless, I have not lived a privileged life because I am white/male, if anything I've had a pretty difficult life and that's fine, a lot of people do. However, I wish people would stop generalizing about white people as a whole because it's just as unfair as it would be about any other race and I find it is hypocritical as well.
That's because their definition of "equality" is dividing people into categories and making sure those categorizes are equal. Regardless of the individuals within them. I honestly believe it's creating a segregated environment more than anything else, having gender and race be the most important attribute about a person.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

This is part of the speech by Martin Luther King Jr

They are trying to undo that. They believe equality can only happen when people are purely judged by their race and gender, and other attributes.

I find their definition of equality to be extremely racist and sexist, believing "people of color" as they call them and woman are too weak and helpless to defend themselves so they must rise up and give those people a voice.

I don't really have an organized thought on this subject, just some ideas. And of course, it's not all feminists. It's mostly just the really loud ones.

D

Deleted member

That's because their definition of "equality" is dividing people into categories and making sure those categorizes are equal. Regardless of the individuals within them. I honestly believe it's creating a segregated environment more than anything else, having gender and race be the most important attribute about a person.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

This is part of the speech by Martin Luther King Jr

They are trying to undo that. They believe equality can only happen when people are purely judged by their race and gender, and other attributes.

I find their definition of equality to be extremely racist and sexist, believing "people of color" as they call them and woman are too weak and helpless to defend themselves so they must rise up and give those people a voice.

I don't really have an organized thought on this subject, just some ideas. And of course, it's not all feminists. It's mostly just the really loud ones.
Yeah, exactly. What those kinds of people do is divide people much more so than it does show tolerance and acceptance. And it makes things so much more complicated and fruasterating than it should ever be.

Heck, I lack a lot of friends I could potentially have just out of fear as a result of this. Especially because of what happened recently where I had the cops on me simpily because I was having a civil consersation with a certain someone and was being self critical due to depression.(But they all call it manipluation even though I have no reason to manipluate to that, unless my manipluation plan was to lose people yet again in my life.) And it was some random college student of all people.

I can't wait until SJW mentality dies off, I'm tired of being afraid to make friends because of easily offended and aggresive people.

Last edited by a moderator:
People will be so mad if we go to agrabah again lol
I'd take Agrabah over Atlantica and Monstro any day.

9 yes
2 no
1 unsure

A very small and biased sample size but not bad.

Yeah Agrabah has become a bit infamous from what i've seen. apparently it was so bad in 358/2 days that after already being in every other game it seems to be the most hated world in the series (except maybe Deep Jungle but that is my favorite so they're wrong). I haven't seen any other world get any hate period. Let alone consistent like Agrabah. Doesn't help it's one of the only world in the mobile game right now and it easily the most bland one we have (empty deserts everywhere)

IDK personally I enjoyed it a lot in KH1 other than pot centipede (Cave of Wonders <3) and thought it was ok in 2. I don't hate it but everyone else does.
I'm pretty sure Atlantica is the most hated world in KH series.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not going to get involved with any of that stuff.

I'd prefer to avoid politics altogether. And I was able to up until now

Just because it's an election year

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to get involved with any of that stuff.

I'd prefer to avoid politics altogether. And I was able to up until now

Just because it's an election year
I merely brought it up as I don't have a issue with feminism persay, but just like with all things the execution can be off depending on the user.

I can't say I've seen it in that degree about it being judged by race and gender for everyone, but there are certain individuals that as I said earlier execute something in negative ways and thus become the hate they were trying to stop.

Also, I feel as if people should be allowed to defend their stances persay without being titled a "whiteknight" or defending a woman, as many men do share a feminist viewpoint. Like, it's very hard to discern over the internet if someone is whiteknighting or not, and it just so happens women are generally being discussed as feminism is based on women's rights so I feel it appears as if it's whiteknighting to some, or defending women who can't defend themselves, but in a lot of cases it's not actually true.

There's always gonna be that guy in life, including outside of the internet who will try to pick up a woman by "defending" her, but those people are generally shunned so I don't feel it's an issue, really.

D

Deleted member

I will note, following what I said, I do not support "Gamergate" in any form and will never do that.
Yeah, they've pretty much become what they've hated. :p

But eh, for me personally I'm just equalitarian and indivilualist as in that everyone has their own way of wanting to be treated and their shouldn't be a standard for every different group of people. And this is why something why feminism is thoroughly disliked, it seems as if it it isn't some kind of myth*coughequalpaywagegapcough*, then it's not really just problem that women face, it's a problem that people in general face, first world anyway.(Which we really taked for granted, mean things being said to you still doesn't compare to being thrown off a building or executed.) And other groups do this too. Excluding and/or blaming the "priveledged" group isn't really going to solve much, but alienate many from your problems.

But bleh, I'm tired, I wish I could sum this up better right now, but, I gotta go to bed.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
9 yes
2 no
1 unsure

A very small and biased sample size but not bad.

Yeah Agrabah has become a bit infamous from what i've seen. apparently it was so bad in 358/2 days that after already being in every other game it seems to be the most hated world in the series (except maybe Deep Jungle but that is my favorite so they're wrong). I haven't seen any other world get any hate period. Let alone consistent like Agrabah. Doesn't help it's one of the only world in the mobile game right now and it easily the most bland one we have (empty deserts everywhere)

IDK personally I enjoyed it a lot in KH1 other than pot centipede (Cave of Wonders <3) and thought it was ok in 2. I don't hate it but everyone else does.

At least the music is pretty good.

That's something I want to see too, partially because SMITE made a lot of mythology seem cooler than it already was. I'm sure Ra would be a prety awesome fight.

And thankfully there is already a very very small bit of proof branching would be possible because we already got roman mythology because Not!Satan from Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters is named Orcos, a roman name. Not greek

I want them to expand with what they have first personally. We don't know what else Viridi has apart from her factories and the Lunar Sanctum, or what else is there in the human world and so on.

However I wouldn't mind them expanding to other Mythologies tho it should be kept mainly Greek imo. And keep the thing where some of the names are made up like Palutena even tho it's quite clear she's based off Athena but keep some names as they were like Poseidon.

BTW I spread the poll around a bit and have you beaten Of Myths and Monsters yet? :p

Last edited:
Holy **** guys! I was just battling online in ORAS and watching tv, when out of nowhere, a giant *** spider drops down and lands on my 3DS! I drop the ds and wait till it crawls away and stomped the hell out of it. I was startled! It was terrifying.

Must not have liked that my furfrou was taking 2 of the opposing team members pokemon!
Your opponent must've sent that Ariados to distract you.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will note, following what I said, I do not support "Gamergate" in any form and will never do that.
It's a shame.

The movement started as something everyone could get behind. Journalistic integrity.

Then somehow it got warped to... something else.

**** man... What even happened?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ideas are easily warped by lust for power, something which everyone desires, even if unconsciously.

It's our instinct to trample over others and attempt to win over what we may perceive as obstacles.

It's something that warranted our survival for so long and isn't a bad thing by itself, but it's easily warped into something else, even if someone's intentions are good (or perceived as such).

I could go on a philosophical rant, but I don't have the time right now. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the contrary, the claim was "you're not buying the game to stare at the box art." I denied that you do this, for it's exceptionally rare the person that would purchase a game for that specific reason. I surmised that you didn't really mean him speaking for himself on that claim, but on a hidden second point that people don't buy physical copies in general nowadays, and thought you were using that as a device to involve yourself in the conversation and joke around with us. I was attempting to help Falkoopa, who I perceived as misunderstanding you in ways already mentioned, understand. Unless, of course, you actually get physical copies specifically to stare at box art as a primary reason?
I, too, was making a light-hearted joke about the absurdity of if someone did that, and what they might say. Then, I appealed with my economic side to garner a deniability if such a person came forward. I didn't expect that person to be you.
Buying games just to look at the box art isn't that absurd or unusual actually.

Plenty of game collectors exist. Same as with movies or books.

You don't need to try and be a condescending pseudo-intellectual about everything and make it out to be more than it is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
ITT: People are showing how the word feminism changed from something great to absolute ****. I refuse to genuinely call "DIE CISHET WHITE SCUM STOP OPPRESSING ME" feminism, as feminism is literally just women getting the same rights as men.
Also Jaedrik Jaedrik the reason I mentioned the Persona 5 boxart is because if you're going to whine about an incredibly minor thing like that, you're just goddamn petty. The entire "WAHWAH MUH CENSORSHIP" is ****ing dumb, only got worse with Lin's costume in XCX being made far less skimpy as she's a 13 year old. There are times when I understand the complaints, like TMS in which it's supposed to be a symbolic moment as the character decides she shouldn't be ashamed of showing skin, but there's no way the Persona 5 boxart 'censorship' complaints are justified

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reminder that the new Kingdom Hearts 2.8 trailer drops in less than 2 hours.

D

Deleted member

It's as I always say, the word isn't going to change, just who plays what roles
When you have people that claim they want equality but their ways of doing so are with segregation, racism, sexism and whaever else, it just serves to show that humans are all the same, manipulators that only care about "their own kind"

Some people in my school genuinely believe that every man is a potential rapist and that you can't trust any of them, even saying that in front of me, I mean, when someone says they can't trust you because in their eyes you can one day **** them, it hurts you.
Or did they only mean "white straight men"?
Oh yeah, and how a bunch of people laughed in sociology class when the teacher said women can also be rapists

But we must not forget the greatest evil of all: Capitalism
Seriously, what does it take for someone to believe a political system is the source of all evil?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My laptop is in for repairs and I only just remembered my password. Did I miss anything?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
it just serves to show that humans are all the same, manipulators that only care about "their own kind"
I'll have you know that my dog is an absolute bro.

He may be a different species, but I care for him like my brother of my own kind (probably more at times).

I'm half making a joke here in that I am bringing this up to begin with, but I am not lying.

Some people in my school genuinely believe that every man is a potential rapist and that you can't trust any of them, even saying that in front of me, I mean, when someone says they can't trust you because in their eyes you can one day **** them, it hurts you.
Logically speaking, they are not wrong, but the same applies to women too.

However, this is where the concept of human faith comes into play.

It's like the example I gave the other night - you technically cannot prove that your best friend doesn't have the intent to stab you when you let them in your front door. You have no tangible evidence that could prove this, and intent in general is one of the hardest things to prove one way or the other before someone has actually carried out an action. However, since they are your best friend, you naturally have faith in them and have a large degree of trust in them by default, so of course, you would never just randomly assume they would stab you unless you were given a really compelling reason to believe they intend to.

While every man/woman you meet isn't gonna be your best friend in terms of trust levels, it's paranoid to assume the worst in people when you first encounter them. Yes, every person has the potential to become a rapist (those who are crippled or something being the exceptions because they physically can't), just as every person has the potential to kill someone else. Sexual assault and violence are both actions born from completely inherent and natural human instincts. But, we shouldn't assume everyone will turn out to realise this potential, because not everyone goes through the same mental development and life experiences. Most people moderate these instincts and desires. Like how some people choose to only have sex once they are married (which on it's own doesn't technically rule out potential for ****, but it is definitely a sign that it's something a person would not do).

It's correct to say every man could potentially **** you from a purely logical standpoint, and if you ignore the unique lives and developments people go through. However, that's why you have a little faith in people. You also shouldn't separate men from women in this assessment - all humans are born with the potential to act on sexual desires and urges without consent. Just as all humans are born with the potential to kill someone and act on a bloodlust or rage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll have you know that my dog is an absolute bro.

He may be a different species, but I care for him like my brother of my own kind (probably more at times).

I'm half making a joke here in that I am bringing this up to begin with, but I am not lying.

Logically speaking, they are not wrong, but the same applies to women too.

However, this is where the concept of human faith comes into play.

It's like the example I gave the other night - you technically cannot prove that your best friend doesn't have the intent to stab you when you let them in your front door. You have no tangible evidence that could prove this, and intent in general is one of the hardest things to prove one way or the other before someone has actually carried out an action. However, since they are your best friend, you naturally have faith in them and have a large degree of trust in them by default, so of course, you would never just randomly assume they would stab you unless you were given a really compelling reason to believe they intend to.

While every man/woman you meet isn't gonna be your best friend in terms of trust levels, it's paranoid to assume the worst in people when you first encounter them. Yes, every person has the potential to become a rapist (those who are crippled or something being the exceptions because they physically can't), just as every person has the potential to kill someone else. Sexual assault and violence are both actions born from completely inherent and natural human instincts. But, we shouldn't assume everyone will turn out to realise this potential, because not everyone goes through the same mental development and life experiences. Most people moderate these instincts and desires. Like how some people choose to only have sex once they are married (which on it's own doesn't technically rule out potential for ****, but it is definitely a sign that it's something a person would not do).

It's correct to say every man could potentially **** you from a purely logical standpoint, and if you ignore the unique lives and developments people go through. However, that's why you have a little faith in people. You also shouldn't separate men from women in this assessment - all humans are born with the potential to act on sexual desires and urges without consent. Just as all humans are born with the potential to kill someone and act on a bloodlust or rage.
I can understand not trusting strangers but I'm talking about friends, people I've known for years, yet some of them believe I could ever hurt them
But
It's like the example I gave the other night - you technically cannot prove that your best friend doesn't have the intent to stab you when you let them in your front door.
When did you give me as an example? I honestly don't remember
Either I have too much trust in people or you have trust issues if you can't even trust your best friend, I don't know which

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
In Smash-related news, it's really nice to see a big-name player like MewtwoKing actually use common sense and bring attention to the fact that some people want to restrict Miis competitively when they have no reason to do so. Banning Miis/restricting them to 1111 makes zero sense when they're designed the way they are, aren't threats to begin with, and would really only run one or two specific sets anyway.

Props to M2K for bringing this to more peoples' attention.
Most of the people on twitter who don't want Miis to be legal literally just said 'no' without giving any good reason why *cough cough EE and Larry Lurr*.

Meanwhile, people who want the Miis are actually giving good reasons why they shouldn't be banned.

Smfh, this shouldn't even be a thing in the first place, just put them in.

Its not like anything bad happened @ Shots Fired 2 and MLG when they were legal ._.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can understand not trusting strangers but I'm talking about friends, people I've known for years, yet some of them believe I could ever hurt them
But

When did you give me as an example? I honestly don't remember
Either I have too much trust in people or you have trust issues if you can't even trust your best friend, I don't know which
If it upsets you that your friends feel that way, I would honestly confront them about it if they ever bring it up again.

And oh no, I didn't use you as an example of anything. I was referring to when I was discussing the meaning of faith the other night, and I used "you can't logically prove and therefore believe your best friend won't stab you when you let them in the front door, but that's where your faith in them comes in" as an example. It was a general statement.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Zebei's poll has 23 answers. Not bad.

On the topic of Mii's.....at the very least 1111,2222,3333 of all mii's should be allowed.
To me it just sounds like people do not want to adapt. However, I am for equipment being banned.

I don't want Mii's to return, at least the way they are. They should either be even more customization or cut them and save space for other characters. I want more than just new classes like Mii Mage or something.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
New Zelda artwork posted just now. Doesn't seem to show much 'new', but it is still gorgeous!
Epona has gotten damn big. :p

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Oh my god

Ooooooh MY god

I'm so hyped for this. Now all I need is the 25th Anniversary Sonic game and my gaming Christmas is amazing.

This looks so good.

Seriously, these graphics. Aqua looks fine.

Back Cover looks fantastic too.

There's just one thing I'm not really liking in the trailer though.

We're probably not seeing KH3 at E3 this year.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yup. Just posted. ^^ together with their E3 plans, though we knew most of that info already, so I decided to just post the art, since it is pretty dang gorgeous.
Wahoo!!!! Thanks so much. <3

Looks incredible! Tho I am still confused as to why the art looks like Acrylic yet the game looks like Anime, at least to me.
Not that I'm complaining. :p

Is there a black background version?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Edit some text in lime 'guys new Zelda stuff' so you don't get a Spam warning
Oh. Sorry, in my excitment, I ended up just posting the art. I remember pic-only posts are seen as spam. So, sorry about that!

Wolfie557 Wolfie557
Very welcome. ^^ I do not think there is a Black-background version, but then again, I just saw the pic existed, haha. If there is one, I am sure it'll be posted in the NeoGaf thread where the discussion about this art is currently going strong.

I do love how the art looks. ^^

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Oh my god

Ooooooh MY god

I'm so hyped for this. Now all I need is the 25th Anniversary Sonic game and my gaming Christmas is amazing.

This looks so good.

Seriously, these graphics. Aqua looks fine.

Back Cover looks fantastic too.

There's just one thing I'm not really liking in the trailer though.

We're probably not seeing KH3 at E3 this year.

Just watched this. I now understand why people love Kingdom Hearts. Looks soo gooooddd.(except Sora's design ew)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom