• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
http://www.strawpoll.me/10427001

We haven't had a strawpoll in a while so I decided to ask how Nintenzone's wallets would react to a KIU sequel

Assume you have the required system.
Oh, I think the answer's obvious:
I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE ONE.
I mean, there's so much more they could do with the Greek mythos and stuff that I'd love to see more of it.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I've been getting hyped about KH3 again, so here are my new world predictions list for KH3. I feel like I have made the most reasonable world list:

Original Worlds:

Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Disney Castle
End of the World

Disney Worlds:

Olympus Coliseum (Hercules)
100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh)
Port Royal (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Agrabah (Aladdin)
San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)
Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)
New Orleans (Princess and the Frog)
Arendelle (Frozen)
Zootopia (Zootopia)
Gaming Central (Wreck-it-Ralph)
Hawaii (Lilo & Stitch)
Symphony of Sorcery 2000 (Fantasia 2000)
La Cite des Cloches (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Tomorrowland (Tomorrowland)
Land of Oz (Oz the Great and Powerful)

I WILL make a thread in khinsider forums about this explaining everything about the worlds I decided. Hopefully they allow world predictions as long it has lots of thought put into it.

Chrono.

I mean, Uprising itself kinda happened out of nowhere. There was never a huge demand for a Kid Icarus revival and Pit's appearance and redesign in Brawl didn't set the world on fire (in fact I remember people being kinda 50/50 on it back in the day). Yet a new game still happened.

It's probably just a matter of time.

Hopefully.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I mean, Uprising itself kinda happened out of nowhere. There was never a huge demand for a Kid Icarus revival and Pit's appearance and redesign in Brawl didn't set the world on fire (in fact I remember people being kinda 50/50 on it back in the day). Yet a new game still happened.

It's probably just a matter of time.

Hopefully.
We got 21 years before we need to be worried, right? :troll:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
So, I go into the private quarters in Fates to experiment a bit, only to find something rather intriguing right from the get-go: hearts right next to the top three characters. However, I have no idea what these hearts mean. Does anyone know what the hearts are for?

:094:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wouldn't want a Sinnoh remake until a new handheld hardware isn't backwards compatible with DS games anymore. So maybe after the 3DS era a Sinnoh remake would be better.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No--no, he doesn't.
"Oh man this box art is going to look so good on my shelf. I'm sure glad I can monetarily support the illustrator!"
I mean, according to the law of subjective value, there's probably a few people who think this way, but... :D
Wow, force feeding opinions much?

I was only making a light hearted joke in the first place, but you could have a bit more tact in discussions rather than just dismissing anything anyone else says.

Otherwise, nobody will want to talk to you.

Darn it, people.

Can't we just-

It's just too darn depressing to throw the towel in this fast.

Yeah, I mean logically, there's not much going for it. . .

But I think if we really care that much, it's at least worth not completely giving up on. Not just yet.

Just. . .it's not a good thing when people just blindly charge forward and act like Nintendo owes them a sequel for something just because they personally want one, but I don't think it's a good thing to just roll over and take a situation like this either. I don't know exactly what should be done in this situation, but I get the feeling that "nothing" isn't quite it.
There is nothing we can actively do though.

As far as we know, Sakurai is done with it. And nobody else feels the need to take over right now. There's nothing you can really do about that.

So, I go into the private quarters in Fates to experiment a bit, only to find something rather intriguing right from the get-go: hearts right next to the top three characters. However, I have no idea what these hearts mean. Does anyone know what the hearts are for?

If you invite one of those three to your room, your relationship with them will improve. It gets you support points, bringing you closer to a new support rank. Just one of the ways you can build up supports in the game.

If you are already at A Rank Support with a character when they have this heart over them, a series of three big hearts and five small hearts will appear when you invite them to your room. This is similar to the three big hearts and ten small hearts that appear when bonding with your lover. I haven't filled this up much with anybody, but I would say you get something for filling it up. I'm testing this with Hinoka myself.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wouldn't want a Sinnoh remake until a new handheld hardware isn't backwards compatible with DS games anymore. So maybe after the 3DS era a Sinnoh remake would be better.
Yeah, that's about how I feel on that, too.

I don't think they want to be caught making a gen while a new console is out again the way Gen 5 did, though, so I don't expect Gen 7 to be padded out to the degree a remake would cause.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

This is your bond meter with that character.

Assuming it's the Invite Ally option, those with hearts will contribute to Support points if you invite them.

If you're married(thus picking the Bond option), those hearts determine what events can happen in the Private Quarters.

Last edited:
I mean, there's so much more they could do with the Greek mythos and stuff that I'd love to see more of it.
Yeah it's actually bonkers how much they have to work with.

Ignoring all the stuff they have IN GAME already to work with (Poseidon having no role for instance or my personal greatest desire, fighting CHAOS essentially the origin of everything, with kin just being one of his minions)

Greek mythology is so crazy vast and there are plenty of areas to visit too. We don't have any real forest/jungle areas I can think of and our only ice is from the undersea temple. I'm sure there are a few jokes to be made about frozen chicken to be made.
I've been getting hyped about KH3 again, so here are my new world predictions list for KH3. I feel like I have made the most reasonable world list:

Original Worlds:

Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Disney Castle
End of the World

Disney Worlds:

Agrabah (Aladdin)
Arendelle (Frozen)
Zootopia (Zootopia)
Hawaii (Lilo & Stitch)

I WILL make a thread in khinsider forums about this explaining everything about the worlds I decided. Hopefully they allow world predictions as long it has lots of thought put into it.
I would be worse at KH speculation than smash speculation so all this did was make me learn that Sephiroth might be pre-order exclusive for World of Final Fantasy. Square please.

People will be so mad if we go to agrabah again lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Playing as Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors was incredible.

I was literally able to slaughter every enemy in sight with little to no trouble. Plus, you've got Zant and Ghirahim under your command. The level was just loaded with pure, uninterrupted villain action. I loved it.

People didn't like Agrabah? It was one of my favorite levels in I and II.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Thing about Uprising, the game felt very much like an anime in way...sometimes moreso than it was a game simply, espeically during the flight sequences since that's actually going on a set path...

Any sequel for this would require the same dedication and feeling that the first had to pretty much work itself as 'season 2'...while that's not impossible as Sakurai has proven time and time again that he can put the required dedication and pssion into the game's he makes...it's definitely a tall order to live up to what the first did...

Yeah it's actually bonkers how much they have to work with.

Ignoring all the stuff they have IN GAME already to work with (Poseidon having no role for instance or my personal greatest desire, fighting CHAOS essentially the origin of everything, with kin just being one of his minions)

Greek mythology is so crazy vast and there are plenty of areas to visit too. We don't have any real forest/jungle areas I can think of and our only ice is from the undersea temple. I'm sure there are a few jokes to be made about frozen chicken to be made.

I would be worse at KH speculation than smash speculation so all this did was make me learn that Sephiroth might be pre-order exclusive for World of Final Fantasy. Square please.

Reset Bomb Forest was....kind of a forest, though not your typical forest area...There's definitely plenty to work with from the Greek Myths though...

It would also be cool if they branched into other Mythos as well...Egyptian, Norse, Aztec, Chinese, etc...
I can only imagine how Loki would be depicted if this happened...I can only imagine the 'trickster' would make for a rather entertaining character...(and fighting his Children; Fenrir, Jormungandr, and Hel would be pretty epic as well)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

We haven't had a strawpoll in a while so I decided to ask how Nintenzone's wallets would react to a KIU sequel

Voted Unsure.
It'd depend on the state of my gaming backlog. :p

Original Worlds:

Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Disney Castle
End of the World

Disney Worlds:

Agrabah (Aladdin)
Arendelle (Frozen)
Zootopia (Zootopia)
Hawaii (Lilo & Stitch)

Seems like a pretty good list. The only ones that stick out to me are Tomorrowland and Oz the Great and Powerful.

Looking at the live action worlds from past games (I think it was just the Grid and Port Royal), they tend to come from cult classic films at the very least. TL and OtGaP were both pretty much forgotten by the public conscious for the most part.

Though if you replaced them with worlds for Toy Story and The Jungle Book (both planned for earlier games at some point), you'd have my predictions AND wishlist. :p

9 yes
2 no
1 unsure

A very small and biased sample size but not bad.
Playing as Ganondorf in Hyrule Warriors was incredible.

I was literally able to slaughter every enemy in sight with little to no trouble. Plus, you've got Zant and Ghirahim under your command. The level was just loaded with pure, uninterrupted villain action. I loved it.

People didn't like Agrabah? It was one of my favorite levels in I and II.
Yeah Agrabah has become a bit infamous from what i've seen. apparently it was so bad in 358/2 days that after already being in every other game it seems to be the most hated world in the series (except maybe Deep Jungle but that is my favorite so they're wrong). I haven't seen any other world get any hate period. Let alone consistent like Agrabah. Doesn't help it's one of the only world in the mobile game right now and it easily the most bland one we have (empty deserts everywhere)

IDK personally I enjoyed it a lot in KH1 other than pot centipede (Cave of Wonders <3) and thought it was ok in 2. I don't hate it but everyone else does.

At least the music is pretty good.
It would also be cool if they branched into other Mythos as well...Egyptian, Norse, Aztec, Chinese, etc...
That's something I want to see too, partially because SMITE made a lot of mythology seem cooler than it already was. I'm sure Ra would be a prety awesome fight.

And thankfully there is already a very very small bit of proof branching would be possible because we already got roman mythology because Not!Satan from Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters is named Orcos, a roman name. Not greek

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Oz and Tomorrowland are the more risky choices I made, I think both have very imaginative enough worlds to make it in the cut. We did have two worlds based on films that were quickly forgotten by people, yet was put in KH: DDD. (Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tron Legacy)

Chrono.

I didn't enjoy most of KH1's worlds, personally. Call it me playing the game for the first time after playing literally every other one (except 3D), but I was pretty burned out by the likes of Wonderland, Agrabah and Halloween Town (not Olympus though that one is awesome).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

VisualBoyAdvance 2016-06-07 18-41-01-61.png
First time I used the pokemon randomizer and I already get the trap. Coincidence? Trapgate?

I voted unsure until I play the first. Because despite me owning it, I've always been too lazy/forgetful. Which doesn't mean that I have disinterest in it, this was once the case with Awekening too, and yet, now I'm really into the Fire Emblem franchise as a whole.(Though after playing the others I don't enjoy awekening nearly as much as I first played it.)

Well, that and for uprisng I didn't know how to delete already existing files until I looked it up just now.(Preowned copy.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oz and Tomorrowland are the more risky choices I made, I think both have very imaginative enough worlds to make it in the cut. We did have two worlds based on films that were quickly forgotten by people, yet was put in KH: DDD. (Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tron Legacy)
I think the difference there is that, despite lacking mainstream popularity, Hunchback and Tron Legacy both have a huge cult following, something Tomorrowland and Oz the Great and Powerful lack. I don't know, it just seems a little too out-there for me. Character-wise it's nothing all too interesting, though I'll definitely say they're fantastic locations.

SPEAKING OF OZ THOUGH...

Apparently there was the third Lego Dimensions leak from today alone...by their official twitter. The video (featuring the Wicked Witch and an unannounced character) was pulled and reuploaded without it, but between that and the announcement earlier today, three more franchises are confirmed now.
- Harry Potter (teaser from earlier today made no effort to hide this)
- Adventure Time (leaky teaser had a Pillow World backdrop)
- Gremlins (Gizmo was riding on the Wicked Witch's broom before she hits the water)

So yeah, two thirds of those were on the supposed leaked lists, so...maybe.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah Agrabah has become a bit infamous from what i've seen. apparently it was so bad in 358/2 days that after already being in every other game it seems to be the most hated world in the series (except maybe Deep Jungle but that is my favorite so they're wrong). I haven't seen any other world get any hate period. Let alone consistent like Agrabah. Doesn't help it's one of the only world in the mobile game right now and it easily the most bland one we have (empty deserts everywhere)

IDK personally I enjoyed it a lot in KH1 other than pot centipede (Cave of Wonders <3) and thought it was ok in 2. I don't hate it but everyone else does.

That's news to me, though I can get why people generally dislike it now because of all that.

I like most of KH and KHII's worlds to varying extents, though the second of the two games completely ruined Atlantica.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
TBH I'd like to see Frozen have musical minigames Atlantica had in KH2. It was pretty fun. But I do want that to be a game that's unlocked after you finish the main quest of saving Elsa.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see the entire Oz cast released in the Lega Dimensions line

D

Deleted member

E3 next week.

Ah, I can't wait for my expectations to be **** on and to be utterly disappointed.
Well to be honest after what happened in April (you know the whole announcement of the NX not on this year's E3, the lack of any Digital Event for this Year's E3 and so on and so on) and the not-so-good Digital Event of Last Year, my expectations are lower than the alchoholic percentage in non-alchoholic beer. I honestly don't care about this year's E3, and to be honest i may just stop caring about it just like i did before 2014.

Yeah i know there's Sony and Microsoft and the like but quite frankly i don't really care about them (i used to be a Sony Player in a past life though, but i suddenly stopped). I honsetly want to keep it that way.

Still i know how it feels to be dissapointed at a "big" event like E3.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If they're gonna do Aladdin again, and it's based on the third film, wouldn't we have a new island to explore rather than just Agrabah itself?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, that's about how I feel on that, too.

I don't think they want to be caught making a gen while a new console is out again the way Gen 5 did, though, so I don't expect Gen 7 to be padded out to the degree a remake would cause.
I think it all depends on how long the 3DS's lifecycle is I guess. For all we know the 3DS might have another 5 years left in it's life so there's a possibility that it can be released towards the end of the 3DS's lifecycle like HGSS with the DS.

Gonna be really weird when you have kids who were born in like 2000-2007 talking about how nostalgic they are for Unova and all the Unova remake hype for them.
Well to be honest after what happened in April (you know the whole announcement of the NX not on this year's E3, the lack of any Digital Event for this Year's E3 and so on and so on) and the not-so-good Digital Event of Last Year, my expectations are lower than the alchoholic percentage in non-alchoholic beer. I honestly don't care about this year's E3, and to be honest i may just stop caring about it just like i did before 2014.

Yeah i know there's Sony and Microsoft and the like but quite frankly i don't really care about them (i used to be a Sony Player in a past life though, but i suddenly stopped). I honsetly want to keep it that way.

Still i know how it feels to be dissapointed at a "big" event like E3.
Yeah, Sony and Microsoft occasionally have hype-worthy announcements but their mostly 3rd party stuff. Nintendo is the "main event" so to speak of E3 so when you take away most of the hype from the Nintendo side of E3 your taking the vast majority of the hype from E3. Such a shame compared to last year when we were all hype for new Smash Bros content as well as the Digital Event (before we knew what it would be). Asides from the potential Crash revival, more trailers of FF7R, Sun and Moon info, and Zelda U footage there's not much to the show. Even more so with the fact that their taking a day to just talk and show games we already know a lot about.

Here's hoping the NX reveal Direct/Conference or whatever is going to make up for the uneventful year so far. August/September can't come soon enough.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** guys! I was just battling online in ORAS and watching tv, when out of nowhere, a giant *** spider drops down and lands on my 3DS! I drop the ds and wait till it crawls away and stomped the hell out of it. I was startled! It was terrifying.

Must not have liked that my furfrou was taking 2 of the opposing team members pokemon!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I uploaded the first Spore creature I created ever to online. This creature has since been updated with parts from expansions, etc. I actually still have the file for the original one as well

(There it is, I dunno why it's so small. Must be because it's an older file)

This is the first creature I created when getting Spore again in 2015. I'm not sure why I decided to make some kind of Mantis creature.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To be fair, I'm not full on Nintendo like most of us here and I love to see what all 3 can offer.

Problems are is that what we want isn't what we expect.

-Xbox is just gonna be about a lot of Third Party games people might like but will buy on their competitor's system and exclusives that people will complain that isn't on PS4. And Rareware fans being upset that the only thing Microsoft likes from that brand is Killer Instinct and Battletoads.

-Playstation is gonna be Arrogance Central where they'll have some big names there but isn't worth anything because they'll spend more time talking about Sales and VR. And still tease Crash Bandicoot despite no info on a new game yet. But fans will still say its better than Xbox because it has 'something' they liked

-Nintendo is so backwards is that they can't even handle E3 right most times but we always try the hardest to find a positive in it despite our anger/sadness that Metroid and F-Zero hasn't been announced at E3 despite the demands for them and only thing that'll make people even interested is Smash and that train isn't gonna be going anywhere unless we get something during the NX which we won't expect much

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
20160607_214759.jpg

Got this in the mail from Chile yesterday. Ironically it's my 100th NES cart, for those who know what this is. :pimp:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
View attachment 109365
Got this in the mail from Chile yesterday. Ironically it's my 100th NES cart, for those who know what this is. :pimp:
Isn't that one of the rarest of all NES games?

It's also by Taito, who made some of the coolest, yet under-appreciated NES games

How much did it cost?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I want to see the entire Oz cast released in the Lega Dimensions line
I mean, from what I've seen, they're NPCs in the first game, so they might be a good bet for somewhere down the line. It's the same with Flash; they got stuck with NPC status but people are predicting them for the future.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
-Nintendo is so bassackwards is that they can't even handle E3 right most times but we always try the hardest to find a positive in it despite our anger/sadness that Metroid and F-Zero hasn't been announced at E3 despite the demands for them and only thing that'll make people even interested is Smash and that train isn't gonna be going anywhere unless we get something during the NX which we won't expect much
Well at least for Metroid you can say that the series is still alive and healthy even if it's not hot like FE. The series is still having a game coming out this year and a new Prime game is likely to happen withing the next 1-3 years. With F-Zero it hasn't seen a release in a long time like some other Nintendo series (i.e. The 2 ones I apparently never shut up about) so I wouldn't group them in the same category. Especially when Metroid had like 4-5 games released since F-Zero had it's latest.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Isn't that one of the rarest of all NES games?

It's also by Taito, who made some of the coolest, yet under-appreciated NES games

How much did it cost?
Turns out Chile got dumped with all the unsold NTSC late Gen NES games so they're slightly easier to come by there (I opened it and checked the board just in case). So let's just say I'm better off than someone who decided to invest in a launch PS3 system.

Also came with a sealed copy of Wario's Woods, which I'm going to sell when I get a day off of work as I have no use for a game I can't play.

Have only played a few levels, but it's surprisingly good. Ducktales 1/2 are still the king, but I'd put it on par with other licensed titles like Batman and Chip & Dale. It's definitely better than the first Flintstones game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
9 yes
2 no
1 unsure

That's something I want to see too, partially because SMITE made a lot of mythology seem cooler than it already was. I'm sure Ra would be a prety awesome fight.

And thankfully there is already a very very small bit of proof branching would be possible because we already got roman mythology because Not!Satan from Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters is named Orcos, a roman name. Not greek

I've seen atlantica in 2 get quite a bit of hate

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well at least for Metroid you can say that the series is still alive and healthy even if it's not hot like FE. The series is still having a game coming out this year and a new Prime game is likely to happen withing the next 1-3 years. With F-Zero it hasn't seen a release in a long time like some other Nintendo series (i.e. The 2 ones I apparently never shut up about) so I wouldn't group them in the same category. Especially when Metroid had like 4-5 games released since F-Zero had it's latest.
Alive? sure...Healthy? Not quite...

I at least want to see if Nintendo actually has anything planned for this coming August which is Metroid's 30th Anniversary...apart from FF's release...

----

Ok, so...Here I am about to start a Metroid Prime Hunters playthrough and....
WHAT THE HECK AM I EVEN LOOKING AT??!?!?!
This is the literal screen display that came up, with the DS and everything...

Thankfully I figured out how to change the screen configuration to something a bit more 'normal' for the Wii U...or anything with two screens....Why the heck was this even the default, who would even play the game like this?

Either way, I'm starting my Hunters playthrough...if that wasn't already obvious...
why the heck do most of the hunters sound like dinosaurs?

Chrono.

So today I decided to check out Somecallmejohnny since a lot of people seem to like the guy and I think he might just be one of my favorite gaming-reviewer-YT-guy-something out there.

Not sure what it was exactly but I found his VS videos incredibly addicting to watch/listen and ended up spending most of my day listening to them while I went on my business.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It took 20 minutes for me to get food at McDonalds

If I wanted to wait that long I would have just gone to a restaurant

They gave me a free apple pie for my trouble, but c'mon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom