• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
RIP in pepperonis, Zebei. You'll be sorely missed.

At least, he got abducted peacefully and wasn't turned into a zombie or something. That would be bad.

Of course, this is the Illuminati we're talking about. Right now, experiments on him could be on progress...

(But that's just me, wearing a tinfoil hat.)

(And something something new avatar I just made.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Kirbopher put up a video acting out a segment from Homestuck that I acted out years ago.

Now every time someone asks me to show them mine, they will just measure it up to his.

RIP Zebei

I'll always remember when he first came to SB: telling us the unfortunate news that oni333's account had been deleted...

Inb4 no one gets this joke.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So what did I miss?

Illuminati talk...
Zebei goes missing...
Opossums are taking over the world...

Normal stuff I guess...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I just saw a cool idea proposed for Sun and Moon:

What if non pokemon amiibo unlock outfits based on that character in sun and moon?

Might be unlikely, but it be awesome If I could make my trainer ryu from streets.
DEFINITELY unlikely, but would be incredible all the same.

Third parties in particular seem like they would almost certainly not be included, but I sure as heck wouldn't be complaining if they were.

I'd just like to start by being able to dress up my trainer up in Pokemon costumes and be able to wear male clothing options on my female trainer, though. And wear scarves as a separate clothing option.

There's a lot of things Pokemon should probably cover in terms of trainer customization that are more important to me than universal Amiibo coverage, no matter how nice said universal Amiibo coverage would be.

Another option is that Amiibo could unlock trainer battles with those characters like the way a lot of fanart portrays, but then I suppose that's even more unlikely.

*EDIT* Now SPLATOON, on the other hand, I somehow feel would have an easier time implementing it when the time for a sequel comes. Probably because of it's many bizarre Splatfests and the Squid Girl outfit.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I posted about it yesterday but now the official Twitter account is commenting on it.

Chrono.

So I just saw a cool idea proposed for Sun and Moon:

What if non pokemon amiibo unlock outfits based on that character in sun and moon?

Might be unlikely, but it be awesome If I could make my trainer ryu from streets.
I wish.

I'd get a kick out dressing my trainer as Pit.

On the other hand, if they do make amiibo compatible, I do have that Shadow Mewtwo card...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
In the Rate Thier Chances people think Medusa has a chance of like 1%. To me that's too low. 5-10% is more accurate and realistic. It seems people just want to downplay the character because reasons.

And what happened with Zebei?
Don't forget LotR and Scooby Doo...
Honestly if this wasn't Lego (which Im not a fan of and the game doesn't look appealing to me)

I WOULD BUY IN A HEARTBEAT! Lotr, Powerpuff , Doctor Who, Jurassic World, Marvel and whatever awesome stuff that there are I would have a complete set of the figures.

on second thought....I might get a few figures but not the game...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Let's be honest Pokemon Company isn't very receptive to amiibo. We'll be lucky if Pokemon amiibo even work with Sun and Moon.

Unless I haven't heard something that you guys have heard.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In the Rate Thier Chances people think Medusa has a chance of like 1%. To me that's too low. 5-10% is more accurate and realistic. It seems people just want to downplay the character because reasons.
Neither figure is accurate because you cant break the "chances" of a character appearing in a crossover fighting game, down to a number or percentage.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People though Bayonetta and Cloud were definitely not happening. No one even had Ryu on their radar either.

Chances are stupid to rate in my opinion. It's obvious whoever Sakurai wants to appear? He'll do whatever it takes to make them appear.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
DEFINITELY unlikely, but would be incredible all the same.

Third parties in particular seem like they would almost certainly not be included, but I sure as heck wouldn't be complaining if they were.

I'd just like to start by being able to dress up my trainer up in Pokemon costumes and be able to wear male clothing options on my female trainer, though. And wear scarves as a separate clothing option.

There's a lot of things Pokemon should probably cover in terms of trainer customization that are more important to me than universal Amiibo coverage, no matter how nice said universal Amiibo coverage would be.

Another option is that Amiibo could unlock trainer battles with those characters like the way a lot of fanart portrays, but then I suppose that's even more unlikely.

*EDIT* Now SPLATOON, on the other hand, I somehow feel would have an easier time implementing it when the time for a sequel comes. Probably because of it's many bizarre Splatfests and the Squid Girl outfit.
Imagine being Mega Man though... I think cross dressing could happen. It happened in New leaf, so I don't see a reason not to include it here. I definitely see customization being expanded though. Amiibo trainer battles would be hype as well, but more unlikely.

But Imagine if they did both. Fight and win against the character, and you get their outfit?
I'd want to dress like Captain Falcon.

And I don't get why it didn't happen in splatoon.

I wish.

On the other hand, if they do make amiibo compatible, I do have that Shadow Mewtwo card...
I wonder if they'll use Shadow Mewtwo. I doubt it, but it be interesting to see you be able to battle shadow mewtwo. Maybe get a special item from it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Y'all acting like the Illuminati is the equivalent of Candle Jack.

Opossum isn't gonna do anythi

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
People though Bayonetta and Cloud were definitely not happening. No one even had Ryu on their radar either.

Chances are stupid to rate in my opinion. It's obvious whoever Sakurai wants to appear? He'll do whatever it takes to make them appear.
I was one of the few that felt Bayonetta had decent enoughchances but thats only because of Youtuube & VGCharts lol.
If I only stayed with Smashboards and IGN I'd think she isn't happening at all and wouldn't bother to vote.
Looking back I think I would rate Bayonetta a chance of 10-15%just for comparisons sake.

I dunno. I never rate anything to be below 5% except for super obscure characters or side-side characters like that bug princess in Zelda TP or someone like Sukapon.

But I completely agree with you.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

And what happened with Zebei?

Honestly if this wasn't Lego (which Im not a fan of and the game doesn't look appealing to me)

I WOULD BUY IN A HEARTBEAT! Lotr, Powerpuff , Doctor Who, Jurassic World, Marvel and whatever awesome stuff that there are I would have a complete set of the figures.

on second thought....I might get a few figures but not the game...
Illuminati ate Zebei apparently...

Also I was tempted to grab Gollum and Scooby at one point but at 25 bucks each...no thanks...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wish.

Funny, I want to dress my Inkling as Pit.

Like, really bad.

I used XY's character creation as more of a "create your own self-insert" system thanks to the hair options you could access later, but since Splatoon only has one tentacle style to a gender and the colors change according to what side you're on in a match, my mind wanders to other ways I could hypothetically express myself in Splatoon. . .

Imagine being Mega Man though... I think cross dressing could happen. It happened in New leaf, so I don't see a reason not to include it here. I definitely see customization being expanded though. Amiibo trainer battles would be hype as well, but more unlikely.

But Imagine if they did both. Fight and win against the character, and you get their outfit?
I'd want to dress like Captain Falcon.

And I don't get why it didn't happen in splatoon.

I wonder if they'll use Shadow Mewtwo. I doubt it, but it be interesting to see you be able to battle shadow mewtwo. Maybe get a special item from it.
Oh, I thought of Mega Man, and I'd definitely wear the heck out of that if it happened.

I just feel like they're behind on so many other things with custom characters in Pokemon that I'd be more . . .hyped? Relieved? if they addressed a few other issues than if they went for the Amiibo outfits.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I accidentally ran into an imgur album titled "Raising Rinkah hassle-free on Lunatic".

http://imgur.com/a/vfyak

I didn't even do this and still managed to build an awesome Rinkah (which is still technically not finished, but I have put it on hold).

Like:

"Bench her as soon as you finish the Prologue" they said.

No other character can achieve this by Chapter 7, except for MAYBE a Corrin built in a particular way and specifically paired up with Jakob (who you won't have if you went for a Male Corrin).

Rinkah was Corrin's Pair-Up bot for me at this point but I should have done it the other way around to be honest. This method this person showed off, doesn't leave Corrin underleveled at the end of Chapter 7 either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of all the ways to become a part of the title. . .I didn't think it would be like this.

My funeral is on the 12th btw
06/12? That's on Valentine's Day in my country, so yeah, I will be there

I posted about it yesterday but now the official Twitter account is commenting on it.

Weirdly enough, 2016 is also the year the original AA took place...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Anyone know where 'more at eleven' originated? It's in Simcity 5 too.
Funny, I want to dress my Inkling as Pit.

Like, really bad.

I used XY's character creation as more of a "create your own self-insert" system thanks to the hair options you could access later, but since Splatoon only has one tentacle style to a gender and the colors change according to what side you're on in a match, my mind wanders to other ways I could hypothetically express myself in Splatoon. . .

Oh, I thought of Mega Man, and I'd definitely wear the heck out of that if it happened.

I just feel like they're behind on so many other things with custom characters in Pokemon that I'd be more . . .hyped? Relieved? if they addressed a few other issues than if they went for the Amiibo outfits.
I'd dress almost everyone as Dark Pit if I had the chance.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's an actual news anchor saying. When they are reporting on a story, and saying there will be more on that story "at 11" (o'clock), or another time.

People just started using it as a sarcastic way of saying "same old **** is happening here as it always does".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It's what news channels that air commercials say. for example in a commercial, they'd be like:

"A tree exploded today injuring several, the mayor wants to pass a new controversial law, and what happens next in this video will shock you! More at 11" 11 is the time that most news airs in the States, but they'll substitute whatever time their news airs over the 11 anywhere else.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Decided to start watching Gundam: The 8th MS Team.

Not even one minute in, and...

I found Doctah Wahwee.

D

Deleted member

Oh look, my favorite Undertale song now in acapella
Speaking of Undertale, I have yet to watch Johnny's review
He probably didn't dislike it seeing as there has been no uproar yet

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why, why did Persona 5 get delayed again to Valentine's Day of all dates? Is it that you want to motivate the shippers Atlus?

Last edited:
Chiseled, well liked, perhaps homosexual. A Distant Demon A Distant Demon

At least, he got abducted peacefully and wasn't turned into a zombie or something. That would be bad.
Yes that would be bad. That would be very bad. We don't want that. Nope. No one wants zombies. Definitely no zombies here. Not a one. Certainly not any experiments here either. Nope. Zombie-Free-Zone

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Put in quite a few hours into Leifthrasir, up to completing Chapter... 5 with Gwendolyn. The Pit of Semi-Literal Hell.

From the original.
+ Graphics look even better
+ Combat is up to the gloriousness of Muramasa. Effectively 2D Platinum Games. More combat options per character.
+ So much better verticality to the levels.
+ Characters have their own expansive skill library, near-all seem to be exclusive because of how heavily most of Gwyndolyn's play off of Ice and her aerial mobility.
+ There's ALSO a skill tree path which isn't too expansive but gives a good extra level for passives to further amplify what differentiates people.
+ New enemies
+ New Midbosses and damn creative ones at that.
+ Checkpoint system reduces backtracking and gives good shortcuts for if you need to go to a past area to farm specific potion materials
+ New skills are flashy and amazing.

+/- Difficulty is noticably increased even on normal.

- Because of the psypher's skills and powers being so split up, it at least feels like you're pouring more to be less potent in your basic combat.
-Queued inputs get you hit more often from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom