• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was one of the few that felt Bayonetta had decent enoughchances but thats only because of Youtuube & VGCharts lol.
If I only stayed with Smashboards and IGN I'd think she isn't happening at all and wouldn't bother to vote.
Looking back I think I would rate Bayonetta a chance of 10-15%just for comparisons sake.

I dunno. I never rate anything to be below 5% except for super obscure characters or side-side characters like that bug princess in Zelda TP or someone like Sukapon.

But I completely agree with you.
TBH I think a big reason as to why Bayo was that high up was because of her game being featured twice on the Wii U. I think there's a huge Wii U voterbase that we don't know about (probably Miiverse ppl) that aren't heard. KKR had a lot of Miiverse support so i'd assume he's not grossly far off from Bayo.

All of this is speculation of course. We can't really pinpoint anything for sure. I just wish the Smash Ballot was disclosed to the public after the final Smash Direct as opposed to leaving us in the dark sans one character. My 2 cents.
Illuminati ate Zebei apparently...

Also I was tempted to grab Gollum and Scooby at one point but at 25 bucks each...no thanks...
I'm sorry. I was the fool that got Zebei killed. The blame falls solely on my shoulders.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jesus ****ing christ people are ****ting themselves at the fact there's less cleavage on the Persona 5 box art because the ESRB logo blocks it or that it was actually a cat. And the censorship conspirators are playing the victim card after being told they can remove their tinfoiled hats

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
The sheer lack of self-awareness in the Goobergater circle is astounding.

It's box art. Box art. That was barely edited.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Clearly this means Atlus should have went the Catherine route with the box art.

By giving you the choice between T, or A.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
amiibo character designs for the Pokémon trainer in Sun/Moon would be a neat idea.

How amazing would it be to dress the trainer as Ganondorf, the King of Evil?

That Bayo mod was only a matter of time.

Surprised it didn't happen earlier. lol
Ganondorf would be pretty amazing as well! the cape would be sweet to have. Capes in general could be a cool new line of fashion to have.

And I'm surprised nude bayo didn't happen first....

Burruni

Smash Hero
At least they didn't ask for 4 million.
And a fair amount of that delay was unexpected workload from PQ, Ultimax, and DAN all happening in the span of a year of one another.
Namely that DAN was originally not meant to be made BY Atlus's team.
Plus I'm sure TMS#FE was a wrench in and of itself.
PERSONA 5 ALSO KEEPS GETTING BETTER WITH EACH TRAILER.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Very interesting. A shame 2 cards never released....
Medusa (Rare) and Pit (Victory)

I'm trying to scan them online. Well, as many as I can anyways. Will take a while.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm trying to scan them online. Well, as many as I can anyways. Will take a while.
Dang, has Chuggaconroy always sounded so... boy-ish?

I haven't watched nor heard his voice since that time he was LP-ing OoT (2010? 11? Idk). I remember it being deeper.

D

Deleted member

What the heck is goobergate?
One of the many gates since the actual event of the watergate hotel scandal. Such as Lobstergate, Bananagate, and Gnomegate. Oh, and I guess now Illumanatigate.

In this case people believe that goobers robbed the Salty Spatoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, has Chuggaconroy always sounded so... boy-ish?

I haven't watched nor heard his voice since that time he was LP-ing OoT (2010? 11? Idk). I remember it being deeper.
Unless I missed and entire LP chugga has never done OoT. He has done Majora though

His old mic was kind of terrile so it might be that

This was a goddess send to get a bunch of idols without needing to grind/get missions. Love that this is a thing

Crazy how much went into this game.

Multiple shorts, AR cards, and of course all of the in game content

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When I look at games like Kid Icarus: Uprising, I always get a bittersweet feeling.

Game itself is fine obviously.

But you look at how much merchandising and extra stuff they put into the game, some of it being quite rare and collectible.

And you just think..."man....this has the potential to be SO much more than a single game".

Like they have those Smash Bros-esque idol descriptions and they touch on things the game does not, and it makes you realise how fleshed out the universe is and how much could be done with it.

But there are no plans for a new game. All of that merchandising that was on the level of something like Skylanders, was just so fleeting, as the game kinda just came and went for a lot of people.

And since they likely won't do anything with the franchise any time soon, it's just gonna be stuck in Smash limbo now.

I mean, didn't Uprising do about as well as Fire Emblem: Awakening? It definitely broke a million, IIRC. It feels like it deserves another go on a home console now or something.

But Sakurai isn't going to make a sequel and apparently nobody else wants to.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Jesus ****ing christ people are ****ting themselves at the fact there's less cleavage on the Persona 5 box art because the ESRB logo blocks it or that it was actually a cat. And the censorship conspirators are playing the victim card after being told they can remove their tinfoiled hats
I find it humorous that people make a deal about people making a deal about nothing. Unless we're just joking here, in which case it's humorous in another way.
The sheer lack of self-awareness in the Goobergater circle is astounding.

It's box art. Box art. That was barely edited.
I see such a lack of self-awareness in some portion of nearly every circle to ever exist. Something about the nature of circles.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Unless I missed and entire LP chugga has never done OoT. He has done Majora though

His old mic was kind of terrile so it might be that
Turns out I mixed him up with someone else.

I did watch a Chugga LP once... that I can't remember very well right now. Probably Mario Sunshine.

KIU is my favorite game of all time so knowing there won't be a sequel is pretty damn bittersweet for me too
I mean, didn't Uprising do about as well as Fire Emblem: Awakening? It definitely broke a million, IIRC. It feels like it deserves another go on a home console now or something.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700
As of December 2014
KIU 1.24 mil
Awakening 1.79 mil

Still pretty good for what may as well have been a new IP with how long it had been dead lol

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What the heck was that on the previous page. :laugh:

Anyway, lol at the storm over Persona 5's box art. Unless the game is censored, I don't see why anyone should care. You're not buying the game to stare at the boxart.

:231:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When people start getting way ahead of themselves...

I'd really want to see Cynthia in 3D tho...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
KIU is my favorite game of all time so knowing there won't be a sequel is pretty damn bittersweet for me too

As of December 2014
KIU 1.24 mil
Awakening 1.79 mil

Still pretty good for what may as well have been a new IP with how long it had been dead lol
I mean they are both still pretty close so my point stands.

Sales-wise, it was definitely worth giving another go.

What the heck was that on the previous page. :laugh:

Anyway, lol at the storm over Persona 5's box art. Unless the game is censored, I don't see why anyone should care. You're not buying the game to stare at the boxart.

Speak for yourself.

Some of us haven't gone full digital yet. :V

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
When I look at games like Kid Icarus: Uprising, I always get a bittersweet feeling.

But you look at how much merchandising and extra stuff they put into the game, some of it being quite rare and collectible.

And you just think..."man....this has the potential to be SO much more than a single game".

Like they have those Smash Bros-esque idol descriptions and they touch on things the game does not, and it makes you realise how fleshed out the universe is and how much could be done with it.

But there are no plans for a new game. All of that merchandising that was on the level of something like Skylanders, was just so fleeting, as the game kinda just came and went for a lot of people.

And since they likely won't do anything with the franchise any time soon, it's just gonna be stuck in Smash limbo now.

The controls were a huge downside for a lot of people so they may not have bought it.
Also I'm sure the TV ads at least here in EU were nonexistent outside of kids channels.

But yes, so much universe is yet to be explored. There's some good fanfics which would make great story arcs in an actual game. There's enough characters for new stories and not to mention the aftermath after uprising like who's leading the Underworld and how could Viridi use Dark Pit ect. Oh and ofc, new characters can always be created.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, I guess something has to fill the void after the Gen 3 remake conspiracies.
Actually I remember people already speaking about Sinnoh remakes being hinted during Sun and Moon's announcement because there was a Garchomp on one of the designer's desk...lol

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We actually have seen "evidence" of gen 4 remake

Or, in the very least, references to gen 4

I'll watch the video in a bit to see what they have to say

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean, yeah, boxarts are pretty, but it's secondary to the game...

Idk, you may have a point.

I was making a joke.

Though I do like my physical copies.

And collector's editions.

And physical merchandise.

...I hope nothing super cool gets announced until after I've gone to Summer of Sonic. Holding onto my money would be so grueling then. >_>

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well, I guess something has to fill the void after the Gen 3 remake conspiracies.
Which filled the Gen 2 conspiracy theories before we actually got HG/SS.

But hey, they were sorta right twice in a row, maybe this is the time they slip up and Nintendo or GameFreak just break tradition.

When people start getting way ahead of themselves...

I'd really want to see Cynthia in 3D tho...
1. Those Palkia and Dialga designs are terrible lol
2. "IF the gen 4 starters get mega evos that's a hint. If they DON'T get mega evos that's a hint too!"
lol
3. Mega Luxray would be nearly guaranteed so that would be pretty rad.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I mean, yeah, boxarts are pretty, but it's secondary to the game...

Idk, you may have a point.

No--no, he doesn't.
"Oh man this box art is going to look so good on my shelf. I'm sure glad I can monetarily support the illustrator!"
I mean, according to the law of subjective value, there's probably a few people who think this way, but... :D

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

As of December 2014
KIU 1.24 mil
Awakening 1.79 mil

Darn it, people.

Can't we just-

It's just too darn depressing to throw the towel in this fast.

Yeah, I mean logically, there's not much going for it. . .

But I think if we really care that much, it's at least worth not completely giving up on. Not just yet.

Just. . .it's not a good thing when people just blindly charge forward and act like Nintendo owes them a sequel for something just because they personally want one, but I don't think it's a good thing to just roll over and take a situation like this either. I don't know exactly what should be done in this situation, but I get the feeling that "nothing" isn't quite it.

Chrono.

Darn it, people.

Can't we just-

But I think if we really care that much, it's at least worth not completely giving up on. Not just yet.

Just. . .it's not a good thing when people just blindly charge forward and act like Nintendo owes them a sequel for something just because they personally want one, but I don't think it's a good thing to just roll over and take a situation like this either. I don't know exactly what should be done in this situation, but I get the feeling that "nothing" isn't quite it.
Just wait and hope for the best but also don't expect much.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just wait and hope for the best but also don't expect much.
That's how I generally go.

Hope for the best, expect nothing.

But. . .I just feel like maybe there's something a little further that could be done in this situation. IDK.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I really hope we get a sequel for Kid Icarus Uprising on the NX. Not only would it be really cool to see them in HD, but you could do a lot more than the 3DS did, and it would explain why we haven't seen the game yet, since we haven't seen any. (Unless it was confirmed that Zelda U was on the NX)

Maybe it'll be a launch title at best. I don't expect much, if anything, though.

Darn it, people.

Can't we just-

Wow that Pit emote is sad. . .so very very sad. KIU's expressive characters goes too far when it makes me sad out of context. . .
I don't know exactly what should be done in this situation, but I get the feeling that "nothing" isn't quite it.
It worked for spongebob

For serious though i'm a pessimist so that doesn't really help. If the fanbase is loud enough i'm sure Nintendo would consider a new game. Unfortunately there isn't some rabid group like the Metroid and F zero fans running around to help with that cause. Maybe if some super famous internet dude started Operation Skyworld or some-**** like that but we would need someone to actually do it.

That or some crazy grassroot movement like Rainfall.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Kid Icarus: Uprising is probably one of my favorite handheld games of all-time.
While I don't see a sequel happening immediately, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. As Zebei showed, the game sold pretty well for what might as well be a new IP. I think it's just a matter of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom