• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Other than my salt about not cutting out all the pieces for a duck and wasting so much time on a ****ing eye, what's going on here?
Fumi's taking a leave due to personal issues that I don't feel to discuss anymore love.

But you can free to check out earlier posts to get the meat of the problem. He's just going to spend his time in an environment where he feels the most comfortable. Pay him a visit on Twitter or even share your Yo-Kai Watch experience after you get the newest game.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
DWJIAHDYEJKOSIDDKHBJILWUDWHDCBG

LIVE ACTION PHANTOM BLOOD

They better do this right, otherwise I'm going over there with more muscles and a british voice and doing young Dio myself.
It's DIU, not PB

Fumi. I just realized. Leaving the thread because YW isn't popular is even more childish considering it's from you. EVERYONE here knows it because of you, LOADS of people gave it a shot, but it didn't click with everyone. And THAT'S the reason you're leaving? Sorry, but that's not you not fitting here, but us not fitting your ideal world

EDIT: I realize this may come as too harsh, and I still at least respect Fumi and admire how he got more people interested in YW than Nintendo seemed to

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
It's DIU, not PB

Fumi. I just realized. Leaving the thread because YW isn't popular is even more childish considering it's from you. EVERYONE here knows it because of you, LOADS of people gave it a shot, but it didn't click with everyone. And THAT'S the reason you're leaving? Sorry, but that's not you not fitting here, but us not fitting your ideal world
Ah. Shoulda looked closer. They better do it right though.

D

Deleted member

@Fumi-Chan! When I joined Smashboards, you were one of the first people I saw here and someone I frequently came across during speculation. I may have not shared some of your opinions and interests, but I enjoyed your presence here nonetheless. It was fun knowing you.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice looks pretty rad.

I quite liked what I played at Summer of Sonic, but seeing a few more levels, it looks really good. I'm actually gonna buy it pretty soon.

I would buy it this week, but Case 6 for Ace Attorney 6 releases tomorrow, so that will keep me occupied for a while. I do want a more pick up and play game to play on my 3DS between classes though, so Fire & Ice looks like a good candidate.

Also there are some cool jokes and references by the looks of it, like this for example.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fumi's taking a leave due to personal issues that I don't feel to discuss anymore love.

But you can free to check out earlier posts to get the meat of the problem. He's just going to spend his time in an environment where he feels the most comfortable. Pay him a visit on Twitter or even share your Yo-Kai Watch experience after you get the newest game.
Ah, so it's kind of similar to Thatkidwiththeafro Thatkidwiththeafro 's decision to leave Fantendo? (Again, I am terribly sorry if I bought up something that may bring bad memories).

I'll probably hit him up later when I have the time. It's a damn shame to lose another established member around here for personal issues. But I guess all that's need to be done is take a break from the source of the problem and move on with life. Kind of like what my brother went through when he been through so much **** that caused his depression.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice looks pretty rad.

I quite liked what I played at Summer of Sonic, but seeing a few more levels, it looks really good. I'm actually gonna buy it pretty soon.

I would buy it this week, but Case 6 for Ace Attorney 6 releases tomorrow, so that will keep me occupied for a while. I do want a more pick up and play game to play on my 3DS between classes though, so Fire & Ice looks like a good candidate.

Also there are some cool jokes and references by the looks of it, like this for example.

I'm planning on getting it, I may wait for a price drop though. From what I've seen it definitely flows better.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just learned that an artist for Steven Universe quit due to fans' harassment.

That's ****ed up.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I still cannot fully comprehend how or why someone who loves their show would harass someone working on it.
I kinda think by harassment he means like how Hideki Kamiya stopped wanting to make a Star Fox game because of all the fans asking him about it. Or the Goku VA telling the Dragon Ball fans to **** off. People really get tired of being pestered about the same thing over and over.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I still cannot fully comprehend how or why someone who loves their show would harass someone working on it.
Maybe a lack of knowledge of how to communicate? I've started noticing that a lot of people who don't know how to debate or handle disagreements try to "fix" them by harassing the other side or threatening violence. Maybe it worked for them once or twice, so they've learned they can make the stuff they don't like go away by, say, telling someone to go kill themselves or by leaking their address online and encouraging people to threaten them or their loved ones.

The biggest question is why the dysfunctional people who do these things have had so much sway lately. Has it really always been this bad under the surface?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I kinda think by harassment he means like how Hideki Kamiya stopped wanting to make a Star Fox game because of all the fans asking him about it. Or the Goku VA telling the Dragon Ball fans to **** off. People really get tired of being pestered about the same thing over and over.
. . .No, I've heard rumors about the things staff have had to put up with from that fandom, even if only a small amount of them and secondhand.

They mean harassing harassing.

Like, let me go look it up.

http://www.dailydot.com/parsec/steven-universe-lauren-zuke-harassment/

. . .It's even worse and more absurd than I remembered. This is a Twitter being deleted, but since it's an artist it's probably the same person. . .it was literally over shipping wars.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently it was due to supporting the wrong ship.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Because extreme fans are the worst type of fans that you could have. After all, lets not forget the amount of fans who attacked the actress who played Hermonie in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child simply because she was black. (J.K. Rowling fully approved of the casting, that is!), and the amount of fans that also attacked Marvel for casting the Human Torch as a black man..... Fans are really disgusting, and frankly I'm so ****ing tired of it.....

To the rachet fans... Let the ****ing creators do what they want damn it! It's their ****ing show, they were both greenlighted and given the a-ok to do the show for a reason! It's not yours, hell if you don't work on the show, and unless its really BAD (racism, homophobia, etc.), then it doesn't ****ing matter! Knock it off! Seriously! - Afro

Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , it's alright. I've actually been attempting a Fantendo vs. series on there lately, and have also been making Disney vs. Fantendo on the side. I still drop in to chat every once in a while.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Because extreme fans are the worst type of fans that you could have. After all, lets not forget the amount of fans who attacked the actress who played Hermonie in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child simply because she was black. (J.K. Rowling fully approved of the casting, that is!), and the amount of fans that also attacked Marvel for casting the Human Torch as a black man..... Fans are really disgusting, and frankly I'm so ****ing tired of it.....

To the rachet fans... Let the ****ing creators do what they want damn it! It's their ****ing show, they were both greenlighted and given the a-ok to do the show for a reason! It's not yours, hell if you don't work on the show, and unless its really BAD (racism, homophobia, etc.), then it doesn't ****ing matter! Knock it off! Seriously! - Afro

Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , it's alright. I've actually been attempting a Fantendo vs. series on there lately, and have also been making Disney vs. Fantendo on the side. I still drop in to chat every once in a while.
If it means anything, some of the participants in this incident apparently were actually trying to say that what they were complaining about was homophobia. . ."because you're teasing us with an LGBT ship you won't actually give us." And the person that was being accused of this is homosexual themselves. . .

I figured I'd just note that this is the polar opposite of the situations you listed in terms of political fueling.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Jeeze the SU fan base needs to chill.

It is almost shameful to be apart of it, even though the show is still good. They should be able with the show and not judge's others.

That's what opinions are for...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I just read something about Lego Dimensions that made my night.

They just came out with a set based on Ghostbusters 2016, and in one mission, you need to rescue...

Paul Feig...and one of his lines is "I wonder how much they'd hate me if I remade Back to the Future?"

And he voices himself, to boot.

Lego being cheeky as always. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

They just came out with a set based on Ghostbusters 2016, and in one mission, you need to rescue...

Paul Feig...and one of his lines is "I wonder how much they'd hate me if I remade Back to the Future?"

Gotta love Lego's sense of humor.

Something cool about the Ghostbusters pack also came out.

I have to say Lego Dimensions is really tempting, maybe I'll check what the prices are on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Source
http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Smash4-DLC-update-510801485

Just missing Mii Fighters, but damn this is some awesome artwork.

(Added the DLC characters like Roy, CLoud, and Bayo recently)
:061:
If you told me this is what the roster would've looked like by the beginning of 2016 when Smash 4 was first announced, I would've laughed at you and called you a fool.

Seriously though, it still kinda blows my mind we got a roster of this caliber, especially with character like :4cloud: and :4bayonetta:.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
TL;DR:

"WHERE IS MUH NARUKAMI X YOSUKE SHIP ATLUS?! DAMN YOU FOR NOT MAKING IT CANON YOU HOMOPHOBIC PIECES OF-" *shot*
Or now
" WHERES MY AKIRA X YUSUKE SHIP ATLUS?!"
I tried telling them Japan, as a whole, Is homophobic so it probably will never happen but none listen so eh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

OMG he'd have all the hate

D

Deleted member

But
but its kinda true
:138:
Not really, especially compared to other Asian countries. Japan's acceptance is around the same numbers as US numbers overall.

Hell, my country of origin criminilizes(literally, not figuratively) homosexuality. Japan's pretty high up there when it comes to acceptance of homosexuality on the continent of Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Japan's on the same boat as Australia, there just isn't no same sex marriage despite being alright towards the LGBT community. Hell, Queensland is arguably one of the most gay friendly parts of the entire continent (country, whatever).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Not really, especially compared to other Asian countries. Japan's acceptance is around the same numbers as US numbers overall.

Hell, my country of origin criminilizes homosexuality. Japan's pretty high up there when it comes to acceptance of homosexuality on the continent of Asia.
.. CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix , You knew what i meant, right? We aren't in a misunderstanding?

I wasn't once saying it was justifiable..

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But
but its kinda true
:138:
Yes and no...

But the moment we start labeling other cultures and entire nations(who have historically been pretty liberal about homosexuality until the rest of the world surpassed them) homophobic is when we start to go on the offensive. Which is really bad.

If you look at history, all the successful social rights movements didn't condemn or label their oppressors (think Ghandi, MLK, etc). If you want the issue to go away, the best method is to garner for sympathy, by just living your life. Labeling Japan as homophobic won't actually help anything.

So even if its true, its smart not to say those kinds of things. :D

PS I get what you mean. You were trying to vouch for gay rights in Japan which is a good thing. :drflip: I just don't think its a smart way of doing it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Japan's on the same boat as Australia, there just isn't no same sex marriage despite being alright towards the LGBT community. Hell, Queensland is arguably one of the most gay friendly parts of the entire continent (country, whatever).
"Sexuality and gender identity are protected attributes under both Queensland and federal Australian anti-discrimination laws. Same-sex partners can enter into a civil partnership under state law, though federal law restricts marriage to opposite-sex couples. Same-sex couples cannot adopt children, but can be foster parents. They can also use altruistic surrogacy and lesbian couples can access IVF in order to have children."

"LGBT rights have polarised political opinion - the Queensland branch of the Australian Labor Party have supported the decriminalisation of homosexual sex and anti-discrimination protections since 1981, while the socially conservative Liberal National Party of Queensland and its predecessors has been more hostile."

Yeeeeaaaaaah, are you sure about what you said? Unless you were implying that it's more "accepting" compared to other parts of the continent.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yes and no...

But the moment we start labeling other cultures and entire nations(who have historically been pretty liberal about homosexuality until the rest of the world surpassed them) homophobic is when we start to go on the offensive. Which is really bad.

If you look at history, all the successful social rights movements didn't condemn or label their oppressors (think Ghandi, MLK, etc). If you want the issue to go away, the best method is to garner for sympathy, by just living your life. Labeling Japan as homophobic won't actually help anything.

So even if its true, its smart not to say those kinds of things. :D

PS I get what you mean. You were trying to vouch for gay rights in Japan which is a good thing. :drflip: I just don't think its a smart way of doing it.
Sorry, but I dont sugar coat things lol
they don't allow IVF for lesbians, they dont have Recognition of same sex couples, Same sex couples cant adopt, They don't have Anti-discrimination laws *shrugs*

What hurts me the most is they don't allow In Vitro Fertilization

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry, but I dont sugar coat things lol
Tell that to a Japanese person. Only thing that'll do is offend them which will make things worse.

Regardless, I call it analyzing history, seeing what was successful and trying to emulate it for further success. IF you want things to actually get better. This is how you do it.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
"Sexuality and gender identity are protected attributes under both Queensland and federal Australian anti-discrimination laws. Same-sex partners can enter into a civil partnership under state law, though federal law restricts marriage to opposite-sex couples. Same-sex couples cannot adopt children, but can be foster parents. They can also use altruistic surrogacy and lesbian couples can access IVF in order to have children."

"LGBT rights have polarised political opinion - the Queensland branch of the Australian Labor Party have supported the decriminalisation of homosexual sex and anti-discrimination protections since 1981, while the socially conservative Liberal National Party of Queensland and its predecessors has been more hostile."

Yeeeeaaaaaah, are you sure about what you said? Unless you were implying that it's more "accepting" compared to other parts of the continent.
Fine, you've got me. Queensland has been getting better in terms of LGBT treatment compared to the past, though it's far from perfect. As least in comparison to the more stricter and homophobic South Australia. Places like Tasmania, the Northern Territory, New South Wales, and the Aussie Capital Territory are far more progressive in terms of rights in Australia. Except the only outlier for these places are same sex marriage, something that most of the continent is still heated on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom