• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I don't want to get back into Dangan Ronpa anymore. Only saw the first anime. Subbed thankfully
Didn't like it?

I never watched the anime but the first game was really fun imo. Haven't played the second game yet because Vita (no I will not buy it on Steam).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Didn't like it?

I never watched the anime but the first game was really fun imo. Haven't played the second game yet but Vita (no I will not buy it on Steam).
The first anime is pretty ok. Not perfect, but its alright. Dispair and Future arc are pretty good also

Last edited:

Chrono.

I did, just mever got around to the later anime. Also, what's wrong with the steam version?
Nothing I just don't like gaming on my PC (it's a long story).
The first anime is pretty ok. Not perfect, but its alright. Dispair and Future arc are pretty good also
As is with most anime adaptations.

I won't watch DR3 until playing SDR2 though. Whenever that is.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Personally I'm not a fan of any DR anime adaptation. Class trials don't fit in an anime setting and DR3 has some major flaws. The games and light novels are great, though.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Dual Destinies opinion piece! Blackwell is the worst prosecutor so far imo
I felt the same, originally.
Except second worst prosecutor so far because Klavier is actually the worst.

He gets better and is third of the 7 now, to me. With Edgey in 1st and a certain Icy german princess in second.
This sounds crazy enough to work.
I....
I am only mildly surprised.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Personally I'm not a fan of any DR anime adaptation. Class trials don't fit in an anime setting and DR3 has some major flaws. The games and light novels are great, though.
Here is a major flaw all the games have
Junko

Make someone other then Junko the mastermind

Last edited:
Saying any prosecutor is bad is incorrect. The prosecutors are so awesome you can only have "the least best"\

Except maybe the Paynes but they aren't real prosecutors.
:061:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
On the other hand if a game has you not wanting to play it SIX hours in (bear in mind that most games these days can be beaten in less than four hours) then there's problems. First impressions are important and you need to stick the landing, especially if it's an RPG because hardly anyone's going to want to waste potentially hundreds of hours on something they don't like from their first few hours of playtime when they could do something else.

People could spend that time playing things they actually like instead.

Also what Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen said about Johnny.

Fixed sadly. Plenty of people saying "Well a 7.5 is a 10/10 for Sonic" and generally buying into the narrative that "Sonic was never good even though I gave a Sonic game an 8.5"

*sigh* Yeah, that tends to pop up alongside the "Sonic had an expiration date" type talk as well. :urg:

Lot's of people going in already deciding they hate something no matter how it actually plays, just off of what opinion they think it's "cool" to have.

Or never playing it in the first place. I'm still pleasantly surprised that I could get someone to go from "Pokemon is weird" to "Well I still hate Pikachu and don't want to watch the anime, but that was actually really fun," so there could be a certain element of Green Eggs and Ham to the Sonic mess as well.

Wish people would just stop parroting everything they hear. Or being ultra-vague for that matter, it's pretty easy to move goalposts when you never specify what's "wrong." Except apparently Sonic having multiple playable characters, which they've "fixed" and has mysteriously done nothing to the general opinion of Sonic even as fans of characters playable since the second game are facing spending the next 25 years never seeing them again outside of maybe Taxman stuff and spinoffs. :/

If you mean alternate gameplay styles then say alternate gameplay styles. Between Sonic and to a MUCH lesser extent Smash, I'm under the impression that video game developers are Literal Genies that people have no idea how to say the right thing to. It's a miracle Breath of the Wild was apparently actually generated out of an attempt to address complaints from it's series' last game even as internal issues proceeded to mirror another common fandom issue of never bothering to say what it is they actually like.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Saying any prosecutor is bad is incorrect. The prosecutors are so awesome you can only have "the least best"\

Except maybe the Paynes but they aren't real prosecutors.
:061:
Klavier and Sandhmadi exist.
Saying some prosecutors are bad is perfectly acceptable.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
On the other hand if a game has you not wanting to play it SIX hours in (bear in mind that most games these days can be beaten in less than four hours) then there's problems. First impressions are important and you need to stick the landing, especially if it's an RPG because hardly anyone's going to want to waste potentially hundreds of hours on something they don't like from their first few hours of playtime when they could do something else.

People could spend that time playing things they actually like instead.

Also what Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen said about Johnny.

Fixed sadly. Plenty of people saying "Well a 7.5 is a 10/10 for Sonic" and generally buying into the narrative that "Sonic was never good even though I gave a Sonic game an 8.5"

Then why not call those first impressions instead of calling it a review?

If you're going to do a proper review of the game, at least finish it before you can say your final thoughts about it.

A game could get progressively better as you play more of it.

You can't just play 6 hours of a game and then call it a review, and then say you liked it even though you never beaten the game.

It's not the best example, but it's like making a cake with no toppings and bake it in the oven very early because you need to get that job done now, disregarding the rest of the steps and forgetting to put the ingredients. Disregarding what makes a cake good and tasty to eat.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
*sigh* Yeah, that tends to pop up alongside the "Sonic had an expiration date" type talk as well. :urg:

Lot's of people going in already deciding they hate something no matter how it actually plays, just off of what opinion they think it's "cool" to have.

Or never playing it in the first place. I'm still pleasantly surprised that I could get someone to go from "Pokemon is weird" to "Well I still hate Pikachu and don't want to watch the anime, but that was actually really fun," so there could be a certain element of Green Eggs and Ham to the Sonic mess as well.

Wish people would just stop parroting everything they hear. Or being ultra-vague for that matter, it's pretty easy to move goalposts when you never specify what's "wrong." Except apparently Sonic having multiple playable characters, which they've "fixed" and has mysteriously done nothing to the general opinion of Sonic even as fans of characters playable since the second game are facing spending the next 25 years never seeing them again outside of maybe Taxman stuff and spinoffs. :/

If you mean alternate gameplay styles then say alternate gameplay styles. Between Sonic and to a MUCH lesser extent Smash, I'm under the impression that video game developers are Literal Genies that people have no idea how to say the right thing to. It's a miracle Breath of the Wild was apparently actually generated out of an attempt to address complaints from it's series' last game even as internal issues proceeded to mirror another common fandom issue of never bothering to say what it is they actually like.
You remember the "I aged out of Pokemon" exscuse?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also.
Pokemon X Final, Update... #5? 6?

Team Flare stopped.
All 8 Badges gained.
Max affection.
Team already pushing into mid-high 60s when we have R21 and Victory road before we take on the Elite Four and Champion.

I haven't bothered evolving ChuChu because with Light Ball he's killing enough fine.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The new things for minecraft were added today

and OMG, shulker boxes are an easy way to mass clone items in creative mode.

Because the item block itself contains all the items you put in it, and in creative mode the item block doesn't leave your inventory when you place it. You can place it infinite times. And each time you place it it will contain all the items you put in it

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

If you're going to do a proper review of the game, at least finish it before you can say your final thoughts about it.

You can't just play 6 hours of a game and then call it a review, and then say you liked it even though you never beaten the game.

It's not the best example, but it's like making a cake with no toppings and bake it in the oven very early because you need to get that job done now, disregarding the rest of the steps and forgetting to put the ingredients. Disregarding what makes a cake good and tasty to eat.
It took me 80 hours to get to the final boss of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Considering a review copy is given about a week or so in advance, then reviewers are expected to finish EVERYTHING the game has to offer? What about No Man's Sky, a game with NOTHING but it can go on for hours and hours? That's stealing time of the short lives people have, and stealing life is essentially murder

Wonder if anyone else knows where I got that from

Chrono.

??? What line?
Death Battle is out.
Oh man as a fan of the guy, I was pulling for Terry, glad he won. Good stuff here.
Is it like Caddicarus' reason? Being on a PC reminds him too much of work due to how he does most of his work on it, so it's a psychological link
Sorta, kinda, probably.

The only games I kinda fine with playing on the PC are Pokemon hacks and the occasional Sonic fan game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Also yall smack talking my good friend Klavier, ja? This will not do Herr Dumkopfs! He's actually nice, which is a nice change, and his character development isn't lacking. It was offscreen. Notice what he does in the final case, he talks about his own conflicts, which happened OFFSCREEN! All I have to say is that all I want for Christmas is the truth.

I'm not as genius as the writers, okay?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
It took me 80 hours to get to the final boss of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Considering a review copy is given about a week or so in advance, then reviewers are expected to finish EVERYTHING the game has to offer? What about No Man's Sky, a game with NOTHING but it can go on for hours and hours? That's stealing time of the short lives people have, and stealing life is essentially murder

Wonder if anyone else knows where I got that from
Well I'm not saying they have to do everything, but at least they need to actually finish the game and at least explore some of the other modes/options the game offers before finalizing their say.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've heard about it. I think it actually has popped up a bit on NeoGAF when I've been lurking there.

"Aging out of Pokemon" COULD be the person not being a perfect fit for the series or their preferences shifting independent of age, but the phrase brings to the mind an image of a teenager recanting what they once enjoyed because they thought it was too "kiddy" and thus beneath them and proceeding to continue having that belief into adulthood.

C.S. Lewis said:
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
Heck, even the term "kiddy" is kind of telling if you think about it. It sounds like something a child would say, and yet there's adults that use the term with complete seriousness.

I don't really think people "age" out of Pokemon. Not really. They just have something else going on that they mistake for that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well I'm not saying they have to do everything, but at least they need to actually finish the game and at least explore some of the other modes/options the game offers before finalizing their say.
But what if they did? What if they tried but just couldn't stand it anymore? One of my favourite shows has been criticized of doing something similar, because it's kinda eh until the 17th episode or so for most people

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Review - a critical appraisal of a book, play, film, etc. published in a newspaper or magazine.
(At this point website should probably be added here)

Nothing about needing to complete them here. Obviously someone who's beaten the game and all that can write a bit more in their review but that doesn't make it a "proper review", it just makes it a more informed review.

Should we discredit Angry Joe's review of No Man's Sky because he didn't "beat" it? No. He's put time into the game, had it crash on him SEVEN times to the point he just looked up the "ending" because the game was the same **** over and over.

That is not a good argument for as to why someone should play something they don't like after SIX hours in an RPG. By that point you've done the tutorials and most likely gotten a good idea of what the game is like. The game needs to be good from the very beginning. That's how you get people invested into it and it's up to the game to keep people invested, especially if it's an RPG. I'm not gonna proceed on the chance that it'll get good after six hours of something that has made me not want to continue.

Even funnier considering I saw this:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I've heard about it. I think it actually has popped up a bit on NeoGAF when I've been lurking there.

"Aging out of Pokemon" COULD be the person not being a perfect fit for the series or their preferences shifting independent of age, but the phrase brings to the mind an image of a teenager recanting what they once enjoyed because they thought it was too "kiddy" and thus beneath them and proceeding to continue having that belief into adulthood.

Heck, even the term "kiddy" is kind of telling if you think about it. It sounds like something a child would say, and yet there's adults that use the term with complete seriousness.

I don't really think people "age" out of Pokemon. Not really. They just have something else going on that they mistake for that.
Maaan if I didnt "grow out of" Hello kitty, then Im sure an adult can still love Pokemon

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Maaan if I didnt "grow out of" Hello kitty, then Im sure an adult can still love Pokemon
Don't worry, that was my point. I think I may have gotten a little. . .overly eloquent again.

Basically some people try too hard to look cool and grown up as kids and never really stop.

If you set a game of Pokemon in front of an adult that never had that "grow out of it" mindset in the first place, or maybe even one that did, there's still a good chance they'd enjoy it. I know for a fact that getting an adult to like Pokemon can work.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think Patriot just got introduced. The new SHIELD director is called Jeffrey Mace.
Also Ghost Rider is awesome despite being Robbie Reyes.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
TBH, I always thought in a review that people would complete a game before finalizing thoughts until now.

But I'm probably not going to continue this argument, cause no matter how logical my future arguments may be, you guys are are generally going to trust those YW2 reviews anyway, and you guys are likely devoid of any interest in YW2 anyway. :(

I'll just let you decide.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
TBH, I always thought in a review that people would complete a game before finalizing thoughts until now.

But I'm probably not going to continue this argument, cause no matter how logical my future arguments may be, you guys are are generally going to trust those YW2 reviews anyway, and you guys are likely devoid of any interest in YW2 anyway. :(
I don't usually trust reviews. I trust people. I'd rather hear the opinions of the masses. The worst review on a site? Mixed. A 5/10, after that, 70 and 85, decent and good. Not to mention you're forgetting a MAJOR thing. Yokai Watch didn't do well in the first place BECAUSE of lack of consumer interest. It doesn't appeal to us, but the Japanese, which is why it was a commercial failure in the west. But not a critical one, as people who played it enjoyed it. If our interest declined, it wouldn't be because of review scores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom