• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, apparently newest Cat Mario Show episode had a clip of Alolan Exeggutor using a new move called "Dragon Hammer".
Do you think Garchomp can use it since it's a Hammerhead Land Shark?

. . .naaaah, it's probably Alolan Exeggutor exclusive or something since like others have said it sounds like a variant of Wood Hammer. It would be funny though.

Even more of a bonus to a really powerful Pokemon, but funny.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My playthrough of Yo-Kai Watch 1 was the only "review" I needed to pick up the sequel. The fact I'm hearing improvements in the sequel makes my pre-purchase more worth it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think Patriot just got introduced. The new SHIELD director is called Jeffrey Mace.
Also Ghost Rider is awesome despite being Robbie Reyes.
I'm watching everything a week later on the ABC website, but yeah, I heard about the new director thing. I've seen lots of people hyped over it. :p

And Robbie's been awesome so far.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm going to leave now. I don't think I fit with this community anymore.
...because some people have a different opinion of Yokai Watch? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
...because some people have a different opinion of Yokai Watch? Or am I missing something?
No. I just don't think I fit in with this community anymore. A lot of my posts from the past months have generally been ignored, and when I do get some responses, they're usually negative. And I feel my personal interests in certain games don't match with the majority of people here.

My role in Smash 4 speculation feels meaningless to me now.

I generally feel more attached to talking to friends on Twitter and Discord than here, I have enough friends there to geniunely help me and push me through hard times like now. TBH

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
goddammit I forgot Weiss in that spoiler comment
I'm watching everything a week later on the ABC website, but yeah, I heard about the new director thing. I've seen lots of people hyped over it. :p

And Robbie's been awesome so far.
There is something I want to say about that but it's spoilerish. Let's just say consider the tone and read between the lines at a certain point.

I like Robbie more in SHIELD than the comics where I'm apathetic to him at best. Gabriel Luna's done some great work here as have the rest of the SHIELD cast and crew. Hope he get's loads more moments to shine and I'd love to see him get involved with the Infinity War stuff eventually (if he does).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No. I just don't think I fit in with this community anymore. A lot of my posts from the past months have generally been ignored, and when I do get some responses, they're usually negative. And I feel my personal interests in certain games don't match with the majority of people here.

My role in Smash 4 speculation feels meaningless to me now.

I generally feel more attached to talking to friends on Twitter and Discord than here, I have enough friends there to geniunely help me and push me through hard times like now. TBH
Hard times? Care to elaborate?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm going to leave now. I don't think I fit with this community anymore.
Fumi, it's not that you don't fit. I'd argue it's the opposite. Everyone here shares something. Passion. Be it Etrian Odyssey, Hello Kitty, Dangan Ronpa, Famicoms, Yokai Watch and everything else. If you don't fit because most people here don't really care for Yokai Watch... Then that means I don't fit as there's only one other person on this thread who likes Kamen Rider

It depends on what it is, people have different opinions. Again, everyone here likes something niche nobody else does. And you're going through hard times? I'm proof that if you tell people about your hard times, you won't be ignored, but will get SUPPORT!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Being honest here, there are just people who have specific interests; some people really love games like Yokai-Watch as much as you do, but there are others who do not have interest since they tend to like other games that are not specifically like Yokai Watch. And I have to point out that there are some people like Coricus Coricus and Wario Bros. Wario Bros. who have tried out Yokai Watch and have given it positive ratings from their playthroughs of both games (or the demo for the second game) to you, so there are people here whose interests match with yours; you're not alone.

I don't really want you to leave us, Fumi, but if you believe that is the best choice for your own personal reasons, then I will respect them. And if it helps out (although you have a right to be disappointed in me for holding off on this until now), I will play the demo of the second game right now and talk with you about it if it helps you to stay here with us.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
goddammit I forgot Weiss in that spoiler comment

There is something I want to say about that but it's spoilerish. Let's just say consider the tone and read between the lines at a certain point.

I like Robbie more in SHIELD than the comics where I'm apathetic to him at best. Gabriel Luna's done some great work here as have the rest of the SHIELD cast and crew. Hope he get's loads more moments to shine and I'd love to see him get involved with the Infinity War stuff eventually (if he does).

I've been okay at avoiding spoilers so far, haha. I only know the director identity thing from one of the previews. :p

Same here, though I do like him in the comics as well. In particular...

I like that he's actually a spirit of vengeance in the show. Wasn't fond of that comic's twist.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And I feel my personal interests in certain games don't match with the majority of people here.
Pretty sure I'm one of few people here that cares about Gears 4 (no one else has shown much interest and even then I doubt they have as much investment in the series as me, same with Halo really) plus I've been generally negative on Nintendo for ages whilst pretty much everyone else has been happy with at least one thing they've put out since Smash not counting re-releases or DLC.

Speaking of Gears 4:
The prologue is awesome. You get three sections of gameplay as a generic Gear going through some important events in the Gears series. Aspho fields battle in the Pendulum Wars featuring Dom (BibleThump), E-Day featuring Lt "I got shanked by RAAM" Kim and then Anvil Gate as Adam activates his device that kills the Locust.

I've been okay at avoiding spoilers so far, haha. I only know the director identity thing from one of the previews. :p

Same here, though I do like him in the comics as well. In particular...

I like that he's actually a spirit of vengeance in the show. Wasn't fond of that comic's twist.
I think you'll quite like what I'm talking about if you catch it.

That's the main reason I'm apathetic towards Robbie in the comics really.
"Cool a new Ghost Rider!"
"LUL not a real Spirit of Vengeance!"
"..."

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well, it's not the first time I said it, but it's hard being a dedicated YW and gaming fan in general, when you constantly are pushing to spread YW to more people, and there there are those who illogically call YW a ripoff and it constantly bogs me down and my interest in gaming. Nintendo and other big YouTubers who like YW don't seem to budge an inch to give YW fair justice.

The only goal I wish to accomplish right now is for everyone to give YW a fair chance, because I legitimately think it's one of the few big gaming franchises in Japan that legitimately is surprisingly great. And seeing constant negative YW opinions here when YW is brought up just makes me feel more isolated. I don't want this ripoff mindset to completely taint everyone's interest in the game for severally generations, and I feel like I failed my job to do so within the past year here and can't convince you guys back ever. I just want to make history and stop something illogical once and for all.

For my sake, I'm leaving here so I can feel more positive and so I can move on from Smashboards and let go of the negative times I had here the past years. I haven't exactly felt as happy here in Smashboards anymore as Twitter or Discord anymore. If you need me, I'll be here now.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, it's not the first time I said it, but it's hard being a dedicated YW and gaming fan in general, when you constantly are pushing to spread YW to more people, and there there are those who illogically call YW a ripoff and it constantly bogs me down and my interest in gaming. Nintendo and other big YouTubers who like YW don't seem to budge an inch to give YW fair justice.

The only goal I wish to accomplish right now is for everyone to give YW a fair chance, because I legitimately think it's one of the few big gaming franchises in Japan that legitimately is surprisingly great. And seeing constant negative YW opinions here when YW is brought up just makes me feel more isolated. I don't want this ripoff mindset to completely taint everyone's interest in the game for severally generations, and I feel like I failed my job to do so within the past year here and can't convince you guys back ever. I just want to make history and stop something illogical once and for all.

For my sake, I'm leaving here so I can feel more positive. I haven't exactly felt as happy here in Smashboards anymore as Twitter or Discord anymore. If you need me, I'll be here now.
If I can offer one bit of advice, it'd be this: don't try to lead a crusade to make people like something. If it feels overly forced, people are less likely to respond how you'd like them to. Look no further than how public opinion changed about Daisy after memoryman came along.

Now don't get me wrong, you with Yokai Watch isn't anywhere close to him with Daisy, but the principle still stands. If you see it as a mission to get people to enjoy something, then the mission is more likely to end in failure. It's the same reason there are all those Jehova Witness jokes about the same sort of thing.

Just enjoy things on your own, instead of seeking validation from outsiders. Other opinions shouldn't affect your own enjoyment.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I try to not to make a "crusade" about it anymore. I've been very cautious on how I share YW stuff here since @Naoshi posted that I'd lose people's interests because of my first argument with YW.

And I tried to stay positive and talk about YW stuff sparingly over the past year, but it generally never worked out. Because of that, I just feel distant no matter how much shared interests you guys have with me.

I just feel like moving on from this site is the better thing to do for the sake of my positivity. I keep coming back to this site for curiousity everytime, and each time I come back, I feel more distant and depressed.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I try to not to make a "crusade" about it anymore. I've been very cautious on how I share YW stuff here since @Naoshi posted that I'd lose people's interests because of my first argument with YW.

And I tried to stay positive and talk about YW stuff sparingly over the past year, but it generally never worked out. Because of that, I just feel distant no matter how much shared interests you guys have with me.

I just feel like moving on from this site is the better thing to do for the sake of my positivity. I keep coming back to this site for curiousity everytime, and each time I come back, I feel more distant and depressed.
Well. . .if there's anything I can do to make you feel happier and more welcome here, let me know. :urg:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wouldn't want you to go BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 just because some people don't like YKW and stuff. Personally I don't care for the series one way or the other but I wouldn't want you to leave just for that because you're an all around good guy on this forum.

Of course if you want to take a hiatus from this place that's totally fine. I was gone from mid-December through March and then again from mid-May through June because I felt I had to be gone from this place for my own good.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I've already feel a large burden with the end of Smash 4 speculation, and I don't want another burden here with Smashboard's relationship with YW. I've already went through enough man.

You guys are good people, but I need to move on.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pretty sure I'm one of few people here that cares about Gears 4 (no one else has shown much interest and even then I doubt they have as much investment in the series as me, same with Halo really) plus I've been generally negative on Nintendo for ages whilst pretty much everyone else has been happy with at least one thing they've put out since Smash not counting re-releases or DLC.

Speaking of Gears 4:
The prologue is awesome. You get three sections of gameplay as a generic Gear going through some important events in the Gears series. Aspho fields battle in the Pendulum Wars featuring Dom (BibleThump), E-Day featuring Lt "I got shanked by RAAM" Kim and then Anvil Gate as Adam activates his device that kills the Locust.

I think you'll quite like what I'm talking about if you catch it.

That's the main reason I'm apathetic towards Robbie in the comics really.
"Cool a new Ghost Rider!"
"LUL not a real Spirit of Vengeance!"
"..."

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they make it so he IS a spirit of vengeance in the comics to match the MCU. Wouldn't be the first time, what with Quake getting redesigned to look like Chloe Bennet and Darren Cross getting the Yellowjacket armor in the latest Astonishing Ant-Man. :p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I've already feel a large burden with the end of Smash 4 speculation, and I don't want another burden here with Smashboard's relationship with YW. I've already went through enough man.

If that is what you want to do for the time being, I again respect that. Honestly, I feel really bad about not having tried out the demo for Yokai-Watch 2 from about a week ago. I am still willing to do it right now if you'd like that.

And seeing constant negative YW opinions here when YW is brought up just makes me feel more isolated.
I think in the past 4 months i've seen YW remarked negatively like. . .twice.

Everything else was either positive or "it's not for me" :/

We've all got our own little likes here and there that might ot be popular in every circle (for me it's Bravely and Indivisible and history etc.) but thinking that you aren't a part of the community JUST because YW just isn't people's thing is a bit . ..illogical.
:061:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they make it so he IS a spirit of vengeance in the comics to match the MCU. Wouldn't be the first time, what with Quake getting redesigned to look like Chloe Bennet and Darren Cross getting the Yellowjacket armor in the latest Astonishing Ant-Man. :p
That'd be one of the better things they'd be doing with the comics. They'll probably force Eli Morrow out and give him a new spirit which so happens to be a Spirit of Vengeance or Eli somehow becomes a Spirit of Vengeance. Or they do something completely different.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Two questions over sun & moon
A) Is the japanese show thing that showed off the Z-Bracelet thing what the Riddler was hinting to?
B) Like the Spiky Eared Pichu and Black/White Kyurem, do we think that the Cosplay Pikachu will be bound untransferable?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I. . .I'm sorry your time here has been such a weight on your shoulders.

Again, if there's anything I can do to help. . .if there's any advice you can give so that I can help make it so no one else feels this way in the future. . .anything I should have done before. . .

Is. . .is there anything specific that you feel went wrong? Anything I should know to stop when I see it or start when I don't?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I wish Microsoft/SEGA would hurry up and make Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection compatible with the Xbox One. I have a hankering of playing it again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That'd be one of the better things they'd be doing with the comics. They'll probably force Eli Morrow out and give him a new spirit which so happens to be a Spirit of Vengeance or Eli somehow becomes a Spirit of Vengeance. Or they do something completely different.

I just hope the new Ghost Rider series they're getting ready to release survives for at least a good while. I'm still heartbroken Astonishing Ant-Man only has one issue left, and that it's still up in he air whether or not Scarlet Witch is continuing past issue fourteen. :laugh:

Soooo many things are getting cancelled after Civil War II...and even some of the new stuff they're making I don't have much faith in (I give Solo eight issues tops). Here's hoping the good stuff avoids cancellation. :p

Though since they seem to be advertising the new Ghost Rider series a bit, it might do okay sales wise. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. should hopefully help.

/ramble

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know, I was going to have a huge talk about what's going on with you is kind of similar to me with Senran Kagura (but not on a serious level) and how everyone has their own opinion of a certain series, even one that's known more for its heavy fanservice than the story or characters.

But then I felt that sort of this would have been completely pointless since you've decided to leave the forums Fumi. There was going to be a bit where I'd tell a story about how that interest in the series comes from the controversial BDSM fetish (but that's a while nother can of worms I'd rather not open mate). But that last bit is besides the point.

Coming from a fellow Yo-Kai Watch fan, I'd really hate to see you go since you are kind of a leader for the little fandom here. I've enjoyed popping in one and while to see all of your discussion on it and getting excited for what's new to come for the series. BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , I may haven't been on the forums as long as you, but I'm definitely sorry for how you are feeling right now. Perhaps you and I can talk things out on Twitter sometimes, especially after I buy my copy of the sequel? :(

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Anyway onto the other Disney owned franchise with a TV series: Star Wars Rebels.

Season Premiere was on point. Thrawn's playing the long game and holy **** Ezra you're building up the Dark Side points.

Episode 2 should be interesting:
I want Maul to open that Holocron just so he sees Obi-Wan again. Also nice to see that he did what Kylo did in TFA. Sam Witwer is brilliant as him.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Other than my salt about not cutting out all the pieces for a duck and wasting so much time on a ****ing eye, what's going on here?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyway onto the other Disney owned franchise with a TV series: Star Wars Rebels.

Season Premiere was on point. Thrawn's playing the long game and holy **** Ezra you're building up the Dark Side points.

Episode 2 should be interesting:
I want Maul to open that Holocron just so he sees Obi-Wan again. Also nice to see that he did what Kylo did in TFA. Sam Witwer is brilliant as him.

I really need to get into Rebels at some point. The Thrawn stuff definitely looks interesting.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 Its sucks that you have to go, you were one of the first members I ever saw here. Regardless, I respect your decision. Take care, dude.

And if it makes you feel better, I wouldn't have given Yo-Kai Watch ANY attention if it wasn't for you.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
**** I didn't even know the premiere was coming up.

Welp. . .looks like I have yet another show to catch up with.

:061:
You definitely should.

I really need to get into Rebels at some point. The Thrawn stuff definitely looks interesting.
They'll probably do him more justice than Vader too, Vader was in the S2 premiere then kinda went quiet for Season 2. Thrawn is definitely going to be a lingering presence throughout and Lars Mikkelsen (yup, Mads' brother) is perfect for him. Hopefully they keep him around for a bit beyond this Season, might just put him on Outer Rim duties to get around him not being in the OT if they do keep him though he will have to go at some point which is a shame because he's such a great character.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
DWJIAHDYEJKOSIDDKHBJILWUDWHDCBG

LIVE ACTION PHANTOM BLOOD

They better do this right, otherwise I'm going over there with more muscles and a british voice and doing young Dio myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom