• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

HeartGold update:
:157: Burney
:169: Batman
:181: McFluff
:080: Pokey
:070: Shmurda
:247: Jasper
Oh boy, I've done alot today
I defeated Team Rocket at the radio tower, made my way through the Ice path, fought Clair and did the stuff at the Dragon's den. Current location: Ecruteak City.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watching GameXplain's review of Yo-Kai Watch 2.

I had to laugh at the Steve Jobs parody which was a shark Yo-Kai named "Steve Jaws" :laugh:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of lions:

Litten tries to burn Ash's face off. That's pretty savage. Fire Dark Wrestler confirmed!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't worry about it.

I only now realized you thought there would be live actors like in the play.
yeah, I didnt think it would be like jungle book but like the play ffff sorry 'bout that

what a big misunderstanding

Watching GameXplain's review of Yo-Kai Watch 2.

I had to laugh at the Steve Jobs parody which was a shark Yo-Kai named "Steve Jaws" :laugh:
He was a bad guy, wasnt he?

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
yeah, I didnt think it would be like jungle book but like the play ffff sorry 'bout that

He was a bad guy, wasnt he?
It was just a background screen in the review. From what I can tell, it looks like a scene of someone explaining the creation of the watch with said Steve Jaws on a stage explaining to the crowd like a typical Apple presentation.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It was just a background screen in the review. From what I can tell, it looks like a scene of someone explaining the creation of the watch with said Steve Jaws on a stage explaining to the crowd like a typical Apple presentation.
Im gonna have to look into getting Fleshy Souls soon. I want Komasan

Chrono.

How is Yokai Watch 2 anyway?

I played the demo for the first one and thought it was kinda rough so I didn't buy it. And this time there's just better RPGs I'd buy first (DQVII, which I ordered, and SMTIVA, which I'll get to later down the line).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
From what I have been hearing, most people who played YW2 only played the first 6 hours of the game.

Which is upsetting to hear TBH, whatever happened to people actually finishing a game and then reviewing it. YW2 is a game people will be spending hundreds of hours with collecting Yo-Kai, questing etc. People who like to invest in those kinds of games will get the wrong idea. :/

I see why people love reviewers on YouTube like Somecallmejohnny. At least they take the time to invest in stuff and criticize carefully.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
> Lion King
> overrated

mfw

Thanks for telling me about Yuragi's success though.
I thought that was the reaction you got for liking MODERN Sonic.

There's a lot of situations where I've encountered nothing but people getting yelled at for having certain opinions and then out of nowhere I see claims that it's the OPPOSITE opinion that's oppressed.

Um. . .where are the people that hear stuff like this going then? Because I'd legitimately like to pop into wherever these places are and see if it's worth hanging out.

I've only ever heard of defense forces secondhand. If they're really that bad then maybe I'll stop taking the normal groups for granted so much and if they're not as bad as they say then maybe I'll find a place to hang out when I'm tired of everything I ever like apparently being terrible.

. . .Also I don't think I've ever heard of someone hating Classic Sonic or his games. It's only the fact that the people that like him tend to hate every OTHER Sonic game to the point of insulting everyone else's tastes and at times everyone else in general that happens to be the problem.

#readingtoomuchintogifs

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
From what I have been hearing, most people who played YW2 only played the first 6 hours of the game.

Which is upsetting to hear TBH, whatever happened to people actually finishing a game and then reviewing it. YW2 is a game people will be spending hundreds of hours with collecting Yo-Kai, questing etc. People who like to invest in those kinds of games will get the wrong idea. :/

I see why people love reviewers on YouTube like Somecallmejohnny. At least they take the time to invest in stuff and criticize carefully.
What about personal lives, lack of interest or other games getting priority? They spent 6 hours on it, that's 6 hours they'll never get back. What if they don't enjoy it? Sure, putting your hand on a stove for 8 hours doesn't hurt anymore, but you'd have done serious damage and wasted your time

People don't like Johnny's reviews due to the completionist in him, but rather, his style, his comedy, his relaxing voice, his writing, etc.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Funko's making Pop figures for Pinky, Brain, Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

I promised myself that if I got into Pops I wouldn't go overboard. Hell, right now I only have Doctor Strange sitting on my desk. But hell, I might splurge for them.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I promised myself that if I got into Pops I wouldn't go overboard. Hell, right now I only have Doctor Strange sitting on my desk. But hell, I might splurge for them.
Must... resist.... saying that... infamous line....

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Some Pop figures actually look pretty good, I have a Pac-Man one that looks great.

Some of them on the other hand look terrible, like the Hatsune Miku one.

Chrono.

This sounds crazy enough to work.
Some Pop figures actually look pretty good, I have a Pac-Man one that looks great.

Some of them on the other hand look terrible, like the Hatsune Miku one.
It really has everything to do with the character.

The weirder ones like Pac-man or those who have their eyes covered like Protoman work. But the rest usually look... Wrong.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

It'd be easier to list works that don't have a Funko Pop figure now. I may have to consider myself a failure if my characters don't have Funko Pops in two years.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I didn't hate the huge heads I'd have bought them ages ago
Well I mean, with the Marvel ones anyway, they're bobble heads, so a bug head is kinda necessary. :p

I like the big heads though TBH. Still need to find Pac-Man, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Jack Sparrow, Mickey Mouse, Scooby-Doo, and the Iron Giant though. Add the Animaniacs onto that and I'd probably be done.

...I just wish the Hatbox Ghost didn't cost an arm and a leg though,..yeah, there are worse out there (looking at you, Peter Pan), but still.

I'm in like no rush to get most of these though. :laugh: But really, Nintendo's missing out by not letting the, do Nintendo Pops. People want those so badly.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

On the other hand if a game has you not wanting to play it SIX hours in (bear in mind that most games these days can be beaten in less than four hours) then there's problems. First impressions are important and you need to stick the landing, especially if it's an RPG because hardly anyone's going to want to waste potentially hundreds of hours on something they don't like from their first few hours of playtime when they could do something else.

People could spend that time playing things they actually like instead.

Also what Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen said about Johnny.

I thought that was the reaction you got for liking Sonic.
Fixed sadly. Plenty of people saying "Well a 7.5 is a 10/10 for Sonic" and generally buying into the narrative that "Sonic was never good even though I gave a Sonic game an 8.5"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This sounds crazy enough to work.

It really has everything to do with the character.

The weirder ones like Pac-man or those who have their eyes covered like Protoman work. But the rest usually look... Wrong.
I don't want to get back into Dangan Ronpa anymore. Only saw the first anime. Subbed thankfully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom