• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
:041:Nocturna's already putting in work thanks to confusion hax...She just solo'd Barry who hasn't even done any damage to her...

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been really exhausted the past few weeks due to my poor work schedule but on the bright side I've made a lot of extra money thanks to overtime pay. Just the other day I picked this up for my collection:

ROB.jpg

I got him complete with all of the Gyromite parts (not all of them are pictured) in great condition. I've had a copy of Gyromite for the past few years, so it's nice to have a real use for the ROM chip and not just the Famicom pin converter.

The Gryos are surprisingly heavy and spin really fast (you can leave them spinning for several minutes on the correct surface). ROB himself is loud but I felt like a kid again setting him up with my TV for the first time.

ULITMATE1.jpg

I also got the new book from Pat the NES Punk. If you're a Gaming History buff or Nintendo fan I would definitely pick it up. It's high quality (not easily rip-able paper) and has some good objective reviews of the entire NES NA/PAL/AU/Pirate/Unreleased libraries (~800 games) among some other interesting articles from guys like The Gaming Historian, Angry Video Game Nerd, Black Nerd Comedy, Brentalfloss, etc. It's a real life video game text book and that's amazing IMO. It's big enough you could kill a man with it. lol

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Clearly this Kirito person doesn't comprehend the bond I share with Emily-chan. I am filled to the brim with Anime tropes so nothing in the world can defeat me!
What about the anime trope "death by nosebleed"? If your trash has even the slightest sex appeal, you'll die!
I love jojo but all I can say is eh
I dont really care much
That's fair. Though I'm excited as more DiU and a good director is great

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Clearly this Kirito person doesn't comprehend the bond I share with Emily-chan. I am filled to the brim with Anime tropes so nothing in the world can defeat me!
Except Kirito is always right. It matters not how strong your power of love is, an L awaits you.

Maybe if they had done it before, David Bowie would have been able to do himself
Phrasing

D

Deleted member

Question to the Castlevania players:

Since it was Castlevania's 30th last Monday, which entries available on the eShop would you recommend for newcomers to the series ?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
We're getting a live-action Lion King film now. Jon Favreau is directing like he did with live action Jungle Book.
Wonder if they'll get Jeremy Irons back as Scar.

Chrono.

Question to the Castlevania players:

Since it was Castlevania's 30th last Monday, which entries available on the eShop would you recommend for newcomers to the series ?
Super Castlevania IV is the easiest to pick up and play from that bunch for sure.

It controls well and the difficulty is a good middle ground since the NES games will want you to tear your hair out.

I can't really say much about the Sorrow games, I just hear they're pretty good (but the eShop only has Aria atm, I believe).

...It's not on the eShop but Rondo of Blood is really good and is on the Wii Shop as an import title, meanwhile, Symphony of the Night is considered to be one of the best games in the franchise and for good reason.

Oh yeah, SCIV and Rondo are part of the linear progression Vanias while SOTN and Aria of Sorrow go with the well known Metroidvania formula. They also have a much bigger RPG influence such as equipment, stats and whatnot, while the former games are more of your usual platformers.

TL;DR: Super Castlevania IV, Symphony of the Night and/or Rondo of Blood are great starting games imo. I wouldn't jump into the NES games until after you've played the former (and even then I believe they've aged badly).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just finished grinding for the Blackthorn Gym. brb gonna kick Clair's ass

D

Deleted member

Just finished grinding for the Blackthorn Gym. brb gonna kick Clair's ***
Meanwhile, I've been here playing Voltorb Flip for god knows how long just to get a ****ing TM
At least I have ~9300 coins so I'm getting close

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So um... a certain Ghosts ***s manga is now selling up to 500k copies as of its third volume.

How happy are you about this AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 ?

We're getting a live-action Lion King film now. Jon Favreau is directing like he did with live action Jungle Book.
Wonder if they'll get Jeremy Irons back as Scar.
Great, now people have more excuses to call Lion King an overrated Disney film when it isn't.

D

Deleted member

HAHAHAHAHAHA I FINALLY GOT THOSE DAMNED 10000 COINS
FINALLY, THE TM24 IS WITHIN MY GRASP
NEVER AGAIN SHALL I EVER ENTER THAT GAMECORNER, BEGONE EVIL GAMES!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've been really exhausted the past few weeks due to my poor work schedule but on the bright side I've made a lot of extra money thanks to overtime pay. Just the other day I picked this up for my collection:

View attachment 118287

I got him complete with all of the Gyromite parts (not all of them are pictured) in great condition. I've had a copy of Gyromite for the past few years, so it's nice to have a real use for the ROM chip and not just the Famicom pin converter.

The Gryos are surprisingly heavy and spin really fast (you can leave them spinning for several minutes on the correct surface). ROB himself is loud but I felt like a kid again setting him up with my TV for the first time.

View attachment 118286

I also got the new book from Pat the NES Punk. If you're a Gaming History buff or Nintendo fan I would definitely pick it up. It's high quality (not easily rip-able paper) and has some good objective reviews of the entire NES NA/PAL/AU/Pirate/Unreleased libraries (~800 games) among some other interesting articles from guys like The Gaming Historian, Angry Video Game Nerd, Black Nerd Comedy, Brentalfloss, etc. It's a real life video game text book and that's amazing IMO. It's big enough you could kill a man with it. lol
Very nice! I always loved R.O.B. That's a huge book too.

"Don't talk to me, or my son, ever again."
:061:
Dang it...

Beat me to the PUNch.

As long as no white people play the part of African Lions, Im fine
Hollywood is so biased toward white people. After all, there was a full African-American cast for the original Lion King! :p

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nture-manga-gets-1st-live-action-film/.106995
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
IT'S GOT A GOOD DIRECTOR AND IT'S MY FAVOURITE PART TOO!
After the AoT movie... I'd much rather just see it animated.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I could really use some suggestions. For the move set I'm working on, I have:

Standard Special: A projectile that can become a large, damaging trap at the cost of a limited resource.

Side Special: An electrical attack that can jump from its initial victim to other targets in range. It can also hit enemy projectiles and jump from there.

Up Special: With resources, creates a stairway of nonsolid platforms for 4 seconds. The size varies depending on resources available. With none remaining, becomes essentially an electric variation of Squirtle's Up Special.

...I just need a Down Special. I want this to be a good defensive character with unique specials. If you folks have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm going to look at this live action Lion King as a good thing. They can make it closer to the source material.
Well then bring them back :mad088:
I counter your point with the fact that The Lion King is based on Hamelt!

Therefore, an all-white cast also makes sense!

(Just kidding. I don't care if you're brown, yellow, purple, or whatever, talent is not dependent on race.)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
*Looks at the original cast*

Well, I got some bad news for you. :p Not that it really katters anyway as it had amazing voice talent behind it and they're just personifications of animals.
"Rafiki did you like my sunglasses?"
"Pain, this is why I dig tunnels"
"The Circle of Life is strong with this one"
"The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good Lions... cruel"

Why yes I did just use quotes from some of the VA's other works and apply them to Lion King somehow.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm going to look at this live action Lion King as a good thing. They can make it closer to the source material.

I counter your point with the fact that The Lion King is based on Hamelt!

Therefore, an all-white cast also makes sense!

(Just kidding. I don't care if you're brown, yellow, purple, or whatever, talent is not dependent on race.)
Actually, Kimba the WHITE lion would explain it :p
Actually, I could really use some suggestions. For the move set I'm working on, I have:

Standard Special: A projectile that can become a large, damaging trap at the cost of a limited resource.

Side Special: An electrical attack that can jump from its initial victim to other targets in range. It can also hit enemy projectiles and jump from there.

Up Special: With resources, creates a stairway of nonsolid platforms for 4 seconds. The size varies depending on resources available. With none remaining, becomes essentially an electric variation of Squirtle's Up Special.

...I just need a Down Special. I want this to be a good defensive character with unique specials. If you folks have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Who is the character in question?
After the AoT movie... I'd much rather just see it animated.
But you wouldn't need an animated movie because of David Production, not to mention, it's a FIRST attempt at a live action Jojo

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TEAM MAGMA SUCKS!
And Blocked!
:p

Shmurda FINALLY learned Razor leaf.
That's the best grass move she's gonna have until I get a Leaf Stone.
Did you name that after Tyranitar Tube's in the Alpha Sapphire Randomizer?

And we have another new move for Sun and Moon. all that's known is it's called Dragon Hammer. Maybe a dragon hammer arm?

And I wonder when this supposed news will drop.[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Who is the character in question?
A character of my own design; were I a better artist I'd show a reference pic. Essentially, he's a DJ poltergeist. Not a sheet ghost, but humanoid, with a hovering skull head. His concept was inspired by the villain of Mystery Skulls Animated, but mainly just the floating skull head and musical ties.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So um... a certain Ghosts ***s manga is now selling up to 500k copies as of its third volume.

How happy are you about this AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 ?

Great, now people have more excuses to change call Lion King an overrated Disney film when it isn't.
> Lion King
> overrated

mfw

Thanks for telling me about Yuragi's success though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It kinda does if all the animals in the movie are AFRICAN
Well, that's quite the trick question, in that case, does it even matter if they're black if they aren't a citizen of an african country? Would it be okay for someone for some who actually lives in Africa to play the characters even though they're white?

Should Australlian animals not be played by modern Australlians(Which modern Australlia has a much higher white percentage than the US BTW) because they're race is not native to Australia? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

A command grab would go well with a trapping move for the Neutral Special...

D

Deleted member

Ironically, when I think of a live action Lion King movie in this day and age, all I can imagine is nothing but CG animals.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
While I'm not too fond of remaking The Lion King, I'll keep an open mind. I was impressed with how they did the animals in The Jungle Book, and considering it's gonna have the same director, we could get something really neat.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember the No Man's Sky hype engine? It's now under investigation in the UK.

Wonder if it'll go anywhere or fizzle out like the Colonial Marines stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom