• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's the best mod ever though! Once I no longer need my Wii U, I'm putting that mod in ASAP
Here the tweet in question by the way.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Forget Mr.Krab mod, that's the best mod right here.:denzel:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If you're gonna talk big about a character don't be an obnoxious, spammy little git that does more harm than good.

Here the tweet in question by the way.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Forget Mr.Krab mod, that's the best mod right here.:denzel:
BrutalSavageRekt.gif

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If you're gonna talk big about a character don't be an obnoxious, spammy little git that does more harm than good.

BrutalSavageRekt.gif

Yeah, it's honestly pretty sad for Daisy fan.
And foot fetish? Really?
Even Speedwagon find that repulsing.:4charizard:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I prefer HGSS as a game but ORAS is better in terms of remaking the story rather than taking on a forced Legendary fight and expanding the team's goals and personalities.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah, it's honestly pretty sad for Daisy fan.
And foot fetish? Really?
Even Speedwagon find that repulsing.:4charizard:
It's just sad in general, I don't even like Daisy but even she deserves better than a "fan" like that.
There's being a diehard fanboy/girl of a character and then there's Memoryman levels of fanboy.

And people like what they like. We've all probably got some sort of thing we like that others might think is weird. It's just that most of us have the mind to shut up about it and keep to ourselves in regards to it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's just sad in general, I don't even like Daisy but even she deserves better than a "fan" like that.
There's being a diehard fanboy/girl of a character and then there's Memoryman levels of fanboy.

And people like what they like. We've all probably got some sort of thing we like that others might think is weird. It's just that most of us have the mind to shut up about it and keep to ourselves in regards to it.

..Yeah, sorry for the last point.
If only Daisy was the heroine of a actual game, I think some people will be enough happy to stop spamming about her.
But good luck with that, if Waluigi can't even apparear in a official Mario game despise his popularity, than Daisy chance are close to 0.5.
Anyway, it's time to go to be for me, so, good night here!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Loving the writing for Color Splash, especially how nonexistent it was in Sticker Star.

Definitely picking this game up.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Neo Rocket's admins at least had plot relevance to what they were doing(outside of Archer, that is)
Proton is the cruel and ruthless execuyive who commands the Slowpoke Well mission
Petrel is the master of disguise and appears both times disguised to try to fool the player and others
Ariana is the interim boss in place of Giovanni that seems to be commanding everything but not realky because Archer exists and that confuses me, why is he in a higher rank than the intetim boss?

Meanwhile, I can't remember a single characteristic from the Galactic admins
Jupiter and Mars might as well be the same person, I don't even remember fighting Saturn, the old dude is just there and Cyrus is an angsty teenager in the body of an oldman

Also to note that Neo Rocket only has 3 encounters with the player(without counting the random grunt in Ecruteak) while Galactic has many more
I don't think I said anything negative about the Neo Team Rocket executives (or the other admins aside from Flare's), so I'm not sure what your point is there. I'm not trying to say Galactic was better or worse then them as personally I like Proton, Petrel, and Arianna, I was just saying comparably, the Team Galactic admin's appearances weren't that much better or worse then the admins of other teams.

I think Archer being the actual interim boss of Neo-Rocket has to do with his cameo in FireRed and LeafGreen. He appears in that game as a Rocket Admin in Five Island, and it's revealed he was the leader of the Sevii Islands branch of Team Rocket at the time. He accused the player of spreading rumors about Rocket's disbandment in Kanto, but he learns the truth once he sees the player's Earth Badge after being defeated in battle. He then accepts Giovanni's defeat and disbands Rocket's Sevii Islands branch...

...but here's the kicker where it reveals this Admin is indeed Archer. Before he leaves, he tell the player that he will find Giovanni and resurrect Team Rocket someday. When you check the computer he was working on, it states that it mentions the effect of radio waves on Pokemon evolution, foreshadowing the Red Gyarados event in G/S/HG/SS. His Pokemon team in FR/LG is also practically identical to his HG/SS team. Just like in the generation 2 games, his ace Pokemon is Houndoom. The only difference in FG/LF is that instead of Zubat and Koffing, he has a Golbat and a Weezing.

Archer is also the one that has the final say in Neo-Rocket's disbandment; when you defeat him in battle, he states, "Like Giovanni has done before me, I will disband Team Rocket here today. Farewell…"

I don't know why Arianna stated she was the interim boss though. My only guess is that she lied in order to keep Archer's identity a secret from the player, so that he/she wouldn't get to him right away before he executed the Goldenrod Radio Tower takeover.
It's the same way in Gen 2 as well, Arianna says she's the interim boss of the group, but you fight Archer (or rather, faceless male Rocket executive as they had no defined characters in those games) last and he serves as essentially the final boss. So that should imply he's intended to be the main leader of the group, but nothing really says that for sure outside of when and where you get to fight you.

Considering their roles in both FRLG and HGSS though, I think it's also possible that both are the heads of the group since both were given more relevance then the other two. It's just that Arianna does more of a footwork while Archer manages everything from behind the scenes.

Actually, question. Which remake is considered better. HGSS or ORAS?
I personally prefer HGSS.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think Daisy/ Waluigi chances are higher than most think, but I don't want any more Mari characters anyway,

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Anyway moving on from undesirable "fans"...

New Luke Cage trailer:

Sweet Christmas indeed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
HGSS is good as a remake because the game was packed with two regions and a nostalgic as a hell super boss.

ORAS adds a lot of great content though, so as a remake, I'd say ORAS is better. HGSS adds some nice stuff , but it has a a big base to start with, that people already loved, so it usually gets liked more.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the problem fans are ones who make that one aspect of themselves their whole online presence. Remember when MLP started.

"Yes, you like a show about cartoon horse and are proud of it. Good for you, but what does this have to do with the topic at hand?"

Luke Cage looks pretty good. I like how they seem to focus on the gang war aspect and LC's superpowers, while important, are not the main focus.

Soul.

HGSS is fine as a remake, and it was released during Gen IV as well so yeah

ORAS is better gameplay-wise. The added Abilities, mechanics (Mega Evolution), accessible EV training/breeding and DexNav help out a lot.

Don't really care about the story.

D

Deleted member

HGSS with both regions? I prefer that over ORAS. HGSS with strictly the Johto region? I prefer ORAS. I feel like part of what makes HGSS so great was all the end game content. Because eh, I never really liked Johto itself that much as far as the region itself goes.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
seriously nintendo should just kill off daisy....in luigis mansion 3....
because am i the only one who noticed sarasaland has a lot of undead?

like between the pyramids(home to the egyptian dead) and the chinese hopping zombies(who official title escapes me) having daisy be princess of the dead would not be far off i mean hell she could have ghost powers and then the interactions between her and luigi would be much more intresting

plus lugis mansion 3 having 4 playable characters (Luigi, E.Gadd, Rosalina, and Ghost daisy) would be much more intresting

and before you ask why rosalina would be in LM3 because i envision tatanga being the main villain i meanhell we have an evil alien why not use it and expand luigis mansion into full blown paranormal and not just ghosts

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So excited for Luke Cage to start up. Marvel's been hitting it out of the park with Netflix, and from what early reviews are saying, it's another home run.

Plus, Misty Knight makes her MCU debut, which is neat.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just found out that 343 isn't making Halo Wars 2... Creative Assembly is. The guys behind the Total War Franchise and Alien: Isolation. Thank God. I might actually jump back into Halo for this one. 343 ****ed up with 5. 4 was OK. For now I'm done with the FPS Halo games. But this. This looks OK.

Just tell me whenever they make a sequel to ODST. Then I'll jump back in to the FPS ones.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just found out that 343 isn't making Halo Wars 2... Creative Assembly is. The guys behind the Total War Franchise and Alien: Isolation. Thank God. I might actually jump back into Halo for this one. 343 ****ed up with 5. 4 was OK. For now I'm done with the FPS Halo games. But this. This looks OK.

Just tell me whenever they make a sequel to ODST. Then I'll jump back in to the FPS ones.
Yeah, I skipped out on 5 myself. But Halo Wars looks decent, so I might pick that up.

Also hell yeah, hell jumpers for the win! :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know nobody want to talk about him but...
It's God damn memoryman3 again, he ruined a good portion of the Daisy fanbase here and now, it's the Smash 4 hack community that he is pissing off.
Worse, it's seem he don't even care now, he look like a stupid troll.
Honestly, Daisy deserve better than this, and I hope the other Daisy fan here will one day get ride of idiot like him.
Just ignore him.

The guy tries to personally bother me about stuff too on occasion, but I usually just ignore him and that's all she wrote.

And even when I do engage in discussion with him, his bias still reigns over his brain and you quickly realise there is no point bothering.

I do legitimately think he is trolling though. I refuse to accept that someone could be that obnoxious and actually be serious about it.

I'll give him credit where it's due though. He made a pretty cool hack for Mario Kart 8 that adjusts the difficulty of the A.I, and I do recall seeing that he won an official, Nintendo hosted contest related to Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, I skipped out on 5 myself. But Halo Wars looks decent, so I might pick that up.

Also hell yeah, hell jumpers for the win! :p
Seriously, though, ODST is the best one. Jumping into a Pseudo-Open World city with a ton of secrets was so much fun. Perfectly padded out with more linear missions to find your lost Squad was great. And even those linear missions were almost as open as Halo: CE's.

I've always compared ODST to a Metroid Prime title as well. It's just so stuffed with secrets that's so much fun to look for and find. Anyone who hasn't played ODST, go play it. It's way underrated.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So not only is Doctrine Dark canon but his old backstory of being linked to Guile and Rolento is too.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
PokeX Update #2

Cyllage Gym down.

Jiraiya, Aigavlov, and Adiane have all evolved.

With the team now hitting 26, I'm dropping in another ally from the Pokebank. A Lv26 Gible, Terrawr.
For this and the 6th team member, I'm dropping them in when the team has caught up to what level they were wild.

Considering I could've gotten an Axew or Bagon by now, I feel no guilt about subbing in a Gible.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, though, ODST is the best one. Jumping into a Pseudo-Open World city with a ton of secrets was so much fun. Perfectly padded out with more linear missions to find your lost Squad was great. And even those linear missions were almost as open as Halo: CE's.

I've always compared ODST to a Metroid Prime title as well. It's just so stuffed with secrets that's so much fun to look for and find. Anyone who hasn't played ODST, go play it. It's way underrated.
Definitely, I've been using this avatar recently for a reason. My original disk of ODST broke years ago, so I revisted the campaign through the master chief collection on heroic difficulty. I forgot how fricken great it is, such a great campagn, makes me miss Ex-Bungie for sure. The bungie games just had so much personality and heart put into them, and ODST is an outstanding example of that, the first that tends to come across my mind in fact.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Actually, question. Which remake is considered better. HGSS or ORAS?
HG/SS had great additions compared to the originals such as the Pokeathlon, the Safari Zone, more legendaries to catch, two new amazing routes to explore, and having your lead Pokemon follow you. What sets it apart compared to OR/AS is that it added elements from the third version, such as the Battle Tower (technically the whole Battle Frontier from Platinum, but the Battle Tower was introduced in Crystal), Eusine, and Suicune's role in the story. HG/SS also wins out for having the better post-game.

But I prefer OR/AS more for a few reasons. For one, unlike HG/SS, the story is a huge improvement from the originals R/S games. Team Magma's and Aqua's goals are now expanded on so that they are reasonable and not silly, Wally improves big time as a rival and a character, the admins all have a personality to them instead of just "We serve Team Magma/Aqua and we will help our leader succeed", and Steven Stone gains more relevance to the story thanks to Mega Evolutions.

Another significant change OR/AS did to R/S compared to what HG/SS did to G/S is that evolutions of Pokemon introduced from future generations were utilized by significant trainers in the story (such as Phoebe now having a Dusknoir as her ace Pokemon, Glacia's team using two Froslasses to replace the Sealeos, and Wally using Gallade as his signature Pokemon instead of Gardevoir; in HG/SS, you'd expect some significant trainers to have Pokemon like Weavile, Honchkrow, Mamoswine, etc. on their teams, but nope, that doesn't happen at all... unless you fight them in some kind of rematch in the postgame).

Then there's the gameplay. The soaring feature was an amazing addition, and one that I hope returns in future Pokemon games. EV/IV training are easier as well, not to mention that Mega Evolutions made a return and were implemented very well into the games, both story and gameplay-wise. Secret Bases are also vastly improved upon thanks to online connectivity, and the DexNav was also a great upgrade from the PokeNav in the original. You also have some neat new additions such as Ace Trainers in water routes so that you don't have to fight swimmers and fishermen most of the time and divers to give you more to do in the diving portions.

Admittedly, I wish OR/AS used more elements from Emerald, namely the Battle Frontier, having the Gym Leaders use their Emerald teams, and giving you the option to rematch them as well. I also think it could've benefitted from more postgame areas to explore.

It was nice to see that they at least referenced the Battle Frontier in some form though. The Delta Episode was still a great post-game adventure, and you had more legendaries to catch compared to HG/SS.

I guess another reason why I prefer OR/AS to HG/SS is because of my Hoenn bias since it is right behind Sinnoh for my favorite region in the series.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Who was Misty Knight again? Call me when Moon Knight or Ghost Rider have Netflix shows
In general, a pretty kick-ass lady. She shows up a lot with the "Heroes for Hire" duo of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and for a while had a steady relationship with the latter.

Nowadays she has a bionic arm and helps out Sam Wilson/the new Captain America.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mentioned Thunderf00t in a video about a scam fake science kickstarter, because Y'know that's kind of his thing, and ended up getting into an argument with anita sarkeesian supporters

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
ODST did get kind of a sequel in book form from Buck's perspective with Nathan Fillion being the voice for the audiobook version.

**** Mickey, hope Romeo is in Halo 6 with Jun and RIP Rookie

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its a hard choice between HGSS and ORAS...

Both Johto and Hoenn are very nostaglic for me as I put in many hours into both of their originals...Both games do a great job of including content from the originals as well as adding in more content and improving upon various issues the originals had...

Not to mention a lot of my favourite pokemon were introduced in both second and third gen (my top 5 are all from either generation)...

This is one of my problems with picking favourites when it comes to regions and generations...each one has its own appeal as well as their own issues, which more often than not the issues are simply because of being outdated...

----

Also a mini update regarding my Black playthrough...

Managed to locate all of the six sages...and what was the point of even finding them?...all you get out of it is a bunch of TM's non of which are any that I'd find all that useful (non-competitively)...Some of them are in areas you already visited as well which is really pointless to me...if they were all in post-game only areas at least it could entice you to explore new areas...

Either way...I also defeated Cheren in his final battle...was actually pretty tough but I managed to bypass his Outraging Haxorus and Coiling Serperior...
Now I'm preparing myself for the final stretch...

GameFreak Morimoto
Champion Cynthia
And the Elite Four rematch and finally Alder...

Then its off to Sinnoh!

Last edited:

Chrono.

>Browsing my Twitter timeline
>Someone RTs Etika showing his **** bulge on livestream

Just another day on Twitto.

Anyways on the ORAS/HGSS thing, I feel like I have to replay Soul Silver again because it's been years while Alpha Sapphire is still rather fresh on my mind.

That said, I like Gen 2 and hated Gen 3 at first, ORAS did redeem Hoenn for me and the Gen 6 mechanics definitely helped it.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

I loved ODST. So many great things about that it'd take too long to list them all.

Halo Reach will always remain as my favorite Halo game, though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, I honestly didn't believe there was really a bunch of Anita supporters on the internet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>Browsing my Twitter timeline
>Someone RTs Etika showing his **** bulge on livestream

Just another day on Twitto.

Anyways on the ORAS/HGSS thing, I feel like I have to replay Soul Silver again because it's been years while Alpha Sapphire is still rather fresh on my mind.

That said, I like Gen 2 and hated Gen 3 at first, ORAS did redeem Hoenn for me and the Gen 6 mechanics definitely helped it.
How is that not flag able? I can't imagine twitch liking him try and push the limits of what can be gotten away with sexual for streams. They like a mostly family friendly image.

Anyway,

Masuda and Ohimori and in London, wonder why.

The UK would make for a sweet setting in Pokemon.

And he also retweeted this apparently lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom