• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Can you link that please? I want to laugh at this in greater detail
It wasn't said on the actual page, but it was from one of the members, I think it was on DeviantArt.

I'm trying to find Johnny's screencap of it on Twitter, but I can't find it. I think he deleted it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to get a Larvitar for a while
If I won't be able to get it, I'll might catch a Phanpy or something... I need a Pokemon that can learn Ground type moves, and Burney can't really take advantage of Earthquake unfortunetly.

D

Deleted member

If I won't be able to get it, I'll might catch a Phanpy or something... I need a Pokemon that can learn Ground type moves, and Burney can't really take advantage of Earthquake unfortunetly.
Nidoking tho
Or Nidoqueen if ur a *****

D

Deleted member

I guess that's an option, but I already have 2 poison types on my team
A 3rd one would be kinda redundant imo
Who would those be again?
Also, Tyranitar makes as much use of Earthquake as any other physical attacker does as it doesn't get any STAB from it
I'd say Steelix or Golem but it doesn't seem like the randomizer worked with your ROM so better to just go with Donphan

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It wasn't said on the actual page, but it was from one of the members, I think it was on DeviantArt.

I'm trying to find Johnny's screencap of it on Twitter, but I can't find it. I think he deleted it.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Turns out Gareth posted it

I like how Tracker could just point out how he was right and win from that sod

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What about Swinub? Sure, you have to wait until the Ice Cave to get one but Mamoswine was a reliable member of my team.

D

Deleted member

Who would those be again?
Also, Tyranitar makes as much use of Earthquake as any other physical attacker does as it doesn't get any STAB from it
I'd say Steelix or Golem but it doesn't seem like the randomizer worked with your ROM so better to just go with Donphan
Crobat and Weepinbell.
Yeah, I guess.... I'm probably just used to have it on my team. I'll probably end up going with Donphan if I can't use the area customizer until tomorrow.
What about Swinub? Sure, you have to wait until the Ice Cave to get one but Mamoswine was a reliable member of my team.
While Mamoswine is one of the few Ice types that I actually like, I don't want to farm for another Heart Scale in order to evolve it. Plus my Slowpoke already knows Ice Beam

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Crobat and Weepinbell.
Yeah, I guess.... I'm probably just used to have it on my team. I'll probably end up going with Donphan if I can't use the area customizer until tomorrow.

While Mamoswine is one of the few Ice types that I actually like, I don't want to farm for another Heart Scale in order to evolve it. Plus my Slowpoke already knows Ice Beam
Doesn't Piloswine evolve by Ancient Power? Is it not like Yanma or Tangrowth where it learns it automatically at a certain level?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Crobat and Weepinbell.

My suggestion?
Use the tyrouge from the dude on Mt. Mortar.
Will it take some work, as it comes at Lv10? Yeah.
But it being able to tote Hi-Jump Kick, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Fake Out seems like a good fit for your team... if it becomes a Lee. Which farming for a good nature should be simple to manipulate.

Edit:
Doesn't Piloswine evolve by Ancient Power? Is it not like Yanma or Tangrowth where it learns it automatically at a certain level?
It learns it "At Lv1" and thus requires a heart scale for the Move Reminder.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It does evolve by learning Ancient Power... Which it learns at level 1.

Edit:
My suggestion?
But it being able to tote Hi-Jump Kick, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Fake Out seems like a good fit for your team... if it becomes a Lee. Which farming for a good nature should be simple to manipulate.
That's quite tempting... I'll consider this.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

My suggestion?

Edit:

It learns it "At Lv1" and thus requires a heart scale for the Move Reminder.
Except, you know, you need Rock Climb to even reach that guy
...and you can only use it outside of combat after beating all KANTO Gym Leaders

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ariana is the interim boss in place of Giovanni that seems to be commanding everything but not realky because Archer exists and that confuses me, why is he in a higher rank than the intetim boss?
I think Archer being the actual interim boss of Neo-Rocket has to do with his cameo in FireRed and LeafGreen. He appears in that game as a Rocket Admin in Five Island, and it's revealed he was the leader of the Sevii Islands branch of Team Rocket at the time. He accused the player of spreading rumors about Rocket's disbandment in Kanto, but he learns the truth once he sees the player's Earth Badge after being defeated in battle. He then accepts Giovanni's defeat and disbands Rocket's Sevii Islands branch...

...but here's the kicker where it reveals this Admin is indeed Archer. Before he leaves, he tell the player that he will find Giovanni and resurrect Team Rocket someday. When you check the computer he was working on, it states that it mentions the effect of radio waves on Pokemon evolution, foreshadowing the Red Gyarados event in G/S/HG/SS. His Pokemon team in FR/LG is also practically identical to his HG/SS team. Just like in the generation 2 games, his ace Pokemon is Houndoom. The only difference in FG/LF is that instead of Zubat and Koffing, he has a Golbat and a Weezing.

Archer is also the one that has the final say in Neo-Rocket's disbandment; when you defeat him in battle, he states, "Like Giovanni has done before me, I will disband Team Rocket here today. Farewell…"

I don't know why Arianna stated she was the interim boss though. My only guess is that she lied in order to keep Archer's identity a secret from the player, so that he/she wouldn't get to him right away before he executed the Goldenrod Radio Tower takeover.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I forgot to mention this, but Burney is now a Typhlosion.
Except, you know, you need Rock Climb to even reach that guy
...and you can only use it outsode of combat after beating all KANTO Gym Leaders
No, you need Waterfall to reach him, not Rock Climb.

D

Deleted member

I think Archer being the actual interim boss of Neo-Rocket has to do with his cameo in FireRed and LeafGreen. He appears in that game as a Rocket Admin in Five Island, and it's revealed he was the leader of the Sevii Islands branch of Team Rocket at the time. He accused the player of spreading rumors about Rocket's disbandment in Kanto, but he learns the truth once he sees the player's Earth Badge after being defeated in battle. He then accepts Giovanni's defeat and disbands Rocket's Sevii Islands branch...

...but here's the kicker where it reveals this Admin is indeed Archer. Before he leaves, he tell the player that he will find Giovanni and resurrect Team Rocket someday. When you check the computer he was working on, it states that it mentions the effect of radio waves on Pokemon evolution, foreshadowing the Red Gyarados event in G/S/HG/SS. His Pokemon team in FR/LG is also practically identical to his HG/SS team. Just like in the generation 2 games, his ace Pokemon is Houndoom. The only difference in FG/LF is that instead of Zubat and Koffing, he has a Golbat and a Weezing.

Archer is also the one that has the final say in Neo-Rocket's disbandment; when you defeat him in battle, he states, "Like Giovanni has done before me, I will disband Team Rocket here today. Farewell…"

I don't know why Arianna stated she was the interim boss though. My only guess is that she lied in order to keep Archer's identity a secret from the player, so that he/she wouldn't get to him right away before he executed the Goldenrod Radio Tower takeover.
He doesn't have a Zubat though, in HGSS, he has a Houndour, a Koffing and a Houndoom
But yeah, I think it's more of a "mastermind behind the plan" case, Arianna would still be the boss but she leaves Archer in charge since he's the brains of the operation
I forgot to mention this, but Burney is now a Typhlosion.

No, you need Waterfall to reach him, not Rock Climb.
Wait, are you completely sure? Because if you're right, I'm getting that ****ing Tyrogue after I beat Clair
Actually, question. Which remake is considered better. HGSS or ORAS?
I never played any of the originals so, as a game, I'd say HGSS
The Safari Zone, Battle Frontier, Pokemon following you, the whole ****ing Kanto region to explore, Pokeathlon and did I mention Pokemon following you?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This showed up on my Tweet List:

But I'm not sure anyone will notice it with all this Pokémon discussion.
Since I have money, and nothing else I want to buy for now, I'll definitely pick this up day one.

Plus the combat seems better, and after watching Andre's video, it seems a step up then sticker star, so I'll check it out.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
He doesn't have a Zubat though, in HGSS, he has a Houndour, a Koffing and a Houndoom
But yeah, I think it's more of a "mastermind behind the plan" case, Arianna would still be the boss but she leaves Archer in charge since he's the brains of the operation

Wait, are you completely sure? Because if you're right, I'm getting that ****ing Tyrogue after I beat Clair

I never played any of the originals so, as a game, I'd say HGSS
The Safari Zone, Battle Frontier, Pokemon following you, the whole ****ing Kanto region to explore, Pokeathlon and did I mention Pokemon following you?
I played Silver. I got 4 badges and got stuck, also got confused as hell about abilities. Also, in the Johto remakes, the sinnoh dex is included at the start right? That means early game Starly. Me likey

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I played Silver. I got 4 badges and got stuck, also got confused as hell about abilities. Also, in the Johto remakes, the sinnoh dex is included at the start right? That means early game Starly. Me likey
Starly are found in Pewter City though.

D

Deleted member

You suck if you got stuck after Morty
And no, no Sinnoh dex in HGSS, only Pokemon added to it are the 4 Pokemon that evolve through leveling up with a certain move(such as Manoswine and Ambipom)
Pokemon like Togekiss that evolve through stones or other methods aren't avaible before the National dex

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You suck if you got stuck after Morty
And no, no Sinnoh dex in HGSS, only Pokemon added to it are the 4 Pokemon that evolve through leveling up with a certain move(such as Manoswine and Ambipom)
Pokemon like Togekiss that evolve through stones or other methods aren't avaible before the National dex
It was more than 10 years ago, give me some slack
Starly are found in Pewter City though.

This is fine...This is absolutely fine...

THIS IS NOT FINE I WANT MY DAMN BIRD MON BEING ACTUALLY USEFUL

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
I forgot how you got the Tyrogue exactly.
Blame glancing at Bulbapedia and seeing "Eh Lv34, that should be around the 4th gym... That'd be morty. Yeah!"
Because Johto is so short everyting's crunched in level

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Getting Hitmontop is one of the most annoying things

I dunno if I've ever really gotten one

I tried for a long time in heartgold and soulsilver, reseting over and over

D

Deleted member

Well.
I forgot how you got the Tyrogue exactly.
Blame glancing at Bulbapedia and seeing "Eh Lv34, that should be around the 4th gym... That'd be morty. Yeah!"
Because Johto is so short everyting's crunched in level
Like Pryce's Lv34 Piloswine and Jasmine's Lv35 Steelix
Btw, for those who don't know, you're supposed to fight Jasmine first, explore some new routes and a cave, defeat the Rockets in their HQ, fight the trainers in Pryce's gym and THEN fight Pryce himself
I am 10000000% sure
Skirt tequilla punching man hype
Naming him Joseph when I do get him
Brb, gonna grind and kick Clair's ugly ass

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I know nobody want to talk about him but...
It's God damn memoryman3 again, he ruined a good portion of the Daisy fanbase here and now, it's the Smash 4 hack community that he is pissing off.
Worse, it's seem he don't even care now, he look like a stupid troll.
Honestly, Daisy deserve better than this, and I hope the other Daisy fan here will one day get ride of idiot like him.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Actually, question. Which remake is considered better. HGSS or ORAS?
ORAS are better remakes. They did a lot of good overhauling on one of the worst regions.
HG/SS I still say are still better because Gen 2's better by a wide enough margin from R/S. As much as Soaring is badass, getting it at Cave of Origin kinda makes it moot.

Last edited:
It's God damn memoryman3 again, he ruined a good portion of the Daisy fanbase here and now, it's the Smash 4 hack community that he is pissing off.
Honestly, Daisy better than this, and I hope the other Daisy fan here will one day get ride of idiot like him.
Not only that, but also Super Smash Flash 2 (McLeodGaming) community.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly, Daisy deserve better than this, and I hope the other Daisy fan here will one day get ride of idiot like him.
What did he do THIS time

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not only that, but also Super Smash Flash 2 (McLeodGaming) community.
I just saw his tweet account.
Here my reaction in a nutshell.
samus____firepower_intensifies__by_varia31-d90v7pk.gif
He has no style.
He has no face!
This troll has a garbage face!

What did he do THIS time
This for exemple.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im shocked
that people give attention to those who are dumb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom