• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meanwhile, Studio Perriot is choosing to animate all of the Hiden novels for Naruto after they animate the 699th chapter (and possibly The Last before they get into the Boruto stuff). So it will be a long time until the anime has some true filler unless they really want to go overboard with it.

It will be interesting to see how they animate Temari and Shikamaru's date. As well as more Itachi backstory.

D

Deleted member

Depends.

Both are great.

KoF has tons of content now but SFV will continously get new content for quite some time.

I'd look to see if any character from either speaks to you.
I just got SV5 and Killer Instinct. Because they were both pretty cheap. And I've been wanting to play them for awhile. Though KoF has a great roster, gameplay, and characters I look foward to. I feel like since it just came out, I can wait a little longer, especially since my b day is coming up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
From what I've heard, there's at least some incentive to get in fights now. You earn pseudo-EXP in the form of hammer icons, and the more you collect the more paint you're able to hold at once. It's like increasing your mana points, basically.

You can also get cards that summon one of the enemies you just fought, which tend to be stronger than the cards you find normally.
So um... I may get this game now

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wario Bros. Wario Bros. Yeah it's very close, on my side of the story I'm planning a huge Discord chat party for YW2 launch:

discord.gg/GWKDGrh

So far, lots of YW fans have been joining since then. You can share your experience with YW2 there. I'll be voice chatting there to celebrate! Feel free to come, the party lasts the entire day of YW2 launch day.
Neat!

Though I don't know what exactly a discord is.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Depends.

Both are great.

KoF has tons of content now but SFV will continously get new content for quite some time.

I'd look to see if any character from either speaks to you.
honestly 5 is still way too flawed to be worth picking up if you're not already into fighters. kof is ****ing good, go with that.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just got SV5 and Killer Instinct. Because they were both pretty cheap. And I've been wanting to play them for awhile. Though KoF has a great roster, gameplay, and characters I look foward to. I feel like since it just came out, I can wait a little longer, especially since my b day is coming up.
Who are you going to main in those games?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Started playing Pokémon Showdown today. I built three teams, yet they could all use more work. Out of all the matches I played, I only remember winning twice, and one of them was against a cocky guy who tried to win using only a Gengar.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, I've managed to get a controller from my buddy so I've been playing some AM2R! Without a doubt it's the Metroid game we've all been waiting for!
Having played the original, it's really cool to actually be able to recognize some areas, as well as notice the changes made in the same areas with some pretty clever platforming and puzzle solving that wasn't in the original...It's great to see the environments fleshed out from the original, and the atmospheric music is what you'd expect from a Metroid game...
Love that the game now has more non-Metroid bosses in addition to Arachnus, and the Metroids themselves have been made a little bit smarter making them a bit more difficult...Some of them will even ambush you when you're wandering through a hallway...nothing like a Metroid bursting from the ground beneath your feet and you start to panic because you don't have your missiles ready...
It was actually really neat to find an Alpha with slightly more developed appendages, as if it's nearing it's transition into the Gamma stage...I can really appreciate this sort of attention to details...

Really solid for a fan-game...Just unfortunate it's only a fan-game...

Really hope Nintendo understands how much we want a new (proper) Metroid game because of this...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If the new dungeon in Minecraft is made of wood...

Wouldn't an easy way of clearing it just to light it all on fire?

Chrono.

Chrono. Chrono.
Champ Gold Champ Gold
@Awesomedude4444

What do you guys think of Clash of Champions? I didn't watch it but from what i'm reading people are mixed about the show.
It was pretty disjointed.

Awful finishes (the main event, the tag match, the US title match, Cesaro/Sheamus) and very meh matches (the cruiserweight match and Jericho/Sami)

Only the Women's match delivered imo, even if the finish was also kinda dodgy.

Overall the PPV was passable, Backlash (and Smackdown in general) were way better).

EDIT: Oh yeah, TJP's entrance music might just be my favorite thing.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Chrono. Chrono.
Champ Gold Champ Gold
@Awesomedude4444

What do you guys think of Clash of Champions? I didn't watch it but from what i'm reading people are mixed about the show.
>Cesaro/Sheamus ended in a draw and blue balled everyone at the arena who was white hot for the match
>New Day is getting stale and shouldn't have won
>ROMANWINSLOL & CHARLOTTEWINSLOL
>garbage main event finish with the possibility of Seth being injured

That show was really bad and just booked like crap. Wasted my night on this

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It was pretty disjointed.

Awful finishes (the main event, the tag match, the US title match, Cesaro/Sheamus) and very meh matches (the cruiserweight match and Jericho/Sami)

Only the Women's match delivered imo, even if the finish was also kinda dodgy.

Overall the PPV was passable, Backlash (and Smackdown in general) were way better).

EDIT: Oh yeah, TJP's entrance music might just be my favorite thing.

TJP's theme sounds like it's ripped from Mega Man 2 lol.

TJP for Smash anyone?

Chrono.

>Cesaro/Sheamus ended in a draw and blue balled everyone at the arena who was white hot for the match
>New Day is getting stale and shouldn't have won
>ROMANWINSLOL & CHARLOTTEWINSLOL
>garbage main event finish with the possibility of Seth being injured

That show was really bad and just booked like crap. Wasted my night on this
Roman winning the US title wasn't a bad choice (unlike Miz, Rusev hasn't been doing much for me), but his entire booking is still awful.

>Rusev never looked dominant in the feud
>Roman never said WHY he wanted the title, he just crashed a wedding and got two shots at it because why not
>Still getting the SuperCena treatment in his matches
>Acting heelish but still a babyface

Like, he's still getting booked like 2010 John Cena.

The only silver linings in this is that Rusev could move up to a main event feud (probably not happening) and Roman can just do his thing in the midcard.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here are the results from yesterday's Strawpoll regarding favorite villainous leader in a main series Pokemon game:

Ghetsis: 9 votes
Giovanni: 4 votes
Cyrus: 3 votes
Maxie: 2 votes
Archie: 2 votes
Archer: 1 vote
Lysandre: 1 vote

Looks like Ghetsis crushed the competition as the ultimate favorite villainous leader in this forum. Congrats, Ghetsis fans! Your character is the winner! For that, relive those exciting memories of Ghetsis at his prime with this memorable track.

Giovanni ended up second place; looks like he's still as popular as ever. Cyrus was right behind him at third place; great to see he was in the top 3 for being the awesome villain that he is.

Maxie and Archie were both tied. Seems like they really are hand-in-hand when compared to other villainous leaders.

Not surprised Archer scored low, but I thought Lysandre would get at least two votes. I guess that has to do with his association with Team Flare, the seemingly least favorite evil team amongst Pokemon fans.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Roman winning the US title wasn't a bad choice (unlike Miz, Rusev hasn't been doing much for me), but his entire booking is still awful.

>Rusev never looked dominant in the feud
>Roman never said WHY he wanted the title, he just crashed a wedding and got two shots at it because why not
>Still getting the SuperCena treatment in his matches
>Acting heelish but still a babyface

Like, he's still getting booked like 2010 John Cena.

The only silver linings in this is that Rusev could move up to a main event feud (probably not happening) and Roman can just do his thing in the midcard.
I just want to know how Roman's gonna lose it and it's gonna be bad when they start having the US champion being booked stronger than the the Top champion

I'm not upset just bummed that the feud has been a mess and it kinda made Rusev looked bad IMO

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
Finally have everyting set for the last real thing I gotta do in Pokemon before Sun & Moon.

A...A little bit of story time, I suppose. Gonna just spoiler it for everyone who don't really care.

I've... in a very literal way grown up with Pokemon. It's the series closest to my heart. It's something that my father got me into and... one of very few things I have as a tie to him.

Fire Red was the first game I properly beat by myself. He gave it as MY game to do while from Gen 1 to 3 things transtioned from "My fiddling around on his save files doing stuff" to "Him guiding me through how to play on my own and carrying through grinding for me."
And part of that team, given I was the huge nerd enveloped in all things about this series at the time...
Was Raichu, or, as I nicknamed it, Raichie.

Gen 4 comes, I migrate my Pokemon up to my Diamond, etc etc.
I end up having him breed with a "trophy wife" (haha pun gotten from Trophy Garden) in order to have a kid with Volt Tackle.
This child, Pichuri, ends up being sent over to Platinum after finishing that run, in some aim originally to plan to try to EV train it and stuff.

And... I lost my copy of Diamond some time between. And this.... crushed me because of how much that game, and the fact that it held everything about my Fire Red adventure in it...
But. I had one little thing that tied to it.
An heir. And that.... started a line of things.
Raichie, the first in the bloodline. The one who counquered Kanto.
Pichuri, the firstborn heiress, who overtook Johto and followed her father's steps all the way to Mt. Silver, and ended up breeding up with the Luxray from my Pearl run... the only Gen 4 game that lasted all the years.
The third generation, then, was one of elegance and set to conquer a foreign land far from her own.
Affectionately dubbed Mami after... well, a binge of Madoka as of late and naming the Samurott Sayaka. The usage of her Charm was a far greater gift than I expected and it was honestly what made me really start respecting stat altering moves.
The set up for the 5th generation is actually fairly set in advance. Because the mother was already set a while ago.
The Chusplayer. The one who made up for the fact that the female Raichu from my Emerald game never got to meet Raichie and have the bloodline start with them.
Then, all that stands to tell. Is the story of the 4th Generation Male. Raichie's Great-Grandson. Mami's son bred with a (Mega) Ampharos to give us my next part of this bloodline.

Tomorrow.
Tomorrow begins my last of three runs of Kalos in the past like two months to make up for everything.
And it's gonna be fairly god damn cheesed.
Chu-Chu's Bizzare Adventure, begins!
The thing is, though....
That run's likely going to have a pause in between for me to switch over to YW2 and use this X run as a "breather" to bounce back to whenever I'm too upset with YW2.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here are the results from yesterday's Strawpoll regarding favorite villainous leader in a main series Pokemon game:

Looks like Ghetsis crushed the competition as the ultimate favorite villainous leader in this forum. Congrats, Ghetsis fans! Your character is the winner! For that, relive those exciting memories of Ghetsis at his prime with this memorable track.

Giovanni ended up second place; looks like he's still as popular as ever. Cyrus was right behind him at third place; great to see he was in the top 3 for being the awesome villain that he is.

Maxie and Archie were both tied. Seems like they really are hand-in-hand when compared to other villainous leaders.

Not surprised Archer scored low, but I thought Lysandre would get at least two votes. I guess that has to do with his association with Team Flare, the seemingly least favorite evil team amongst Pokemon fans.
Archer didn't even have a name until HeartGold and Soul Silver so it's no surprise people don't have any attachment to him

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Archer didn't even have a name until HeartGold and Soul Silver so it's no surprise people don't have any attachment to him
He'll always be Rocket Executive to me. <3
In all seriousness though, that and the fact his role in the game is pretty minor for being the new "boss" of Team Rocket doesn't give many favours to him.

Not surprised Lysandre scored low. Flare is easily the worst villanous team, and I bet everyone knew he was the Flare leader the minute they saw him (at least I did).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*goes onto TV Tropes and discovers a new Trope I haven't seen before*

. . ."Anyone Remember Pogs?" The name isn't the point of the trope, but no, I don't remember that. What is that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_caps_(game)

Oh, OK so it's- wait wait wait this is saying Nintendo dipped their hands in this pie I'm bringing this over.

Oh, and it started as a Hawaiian thing too. Yay Alola.

Somewhere out there somebody probably has some forgotten Nintendo memorabilia made of little cardboard disks. I don't know about learning something new every day, but I did today.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

. . ."Anyone Remember Pogs?" The name isn't the point of the trope, but no, I don't remember that. What is that?

Oh, OK so it's- wait wait wait this is saying Nintendo dipped their hands in this pie I'm bringing this over.

Somewhere out there somebody probably has some forgotten Nintendo memorabilia made of little cardboard disks. I don't know about learning something new every day, but I did today.
brb paging Jim Sterling
Not surprised Lysandre scored low. Flare is easily the worst villanous team, and I bet everyone knew he was the Flare leader the minute they saw him (at least I did).
The problem I have with Flare is how they don't really stand out OTHER than Lysandre. They were shown as "We want moneeyyyyyy" like Rocket was, whereas Magma and Aqua were "We wish to change the world's ecosystem to the way we like it", Galactic's "We want to create our own dimension because **** you guys", Plasma's "LIBERTYYYYYY" and Skull's "Yo wassup mah gang-star? Don't even trip dog" attitude

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today is the 30th Anniversary of Akumajo Dracula, also known as:

Lets forget for a moment that Konami ruined this series and remember the great moments it gave us.
What is your favorite Castlevania game?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From what I've heard, there's at least some incentive to get in fights now. You earn pseudo-EXP in the form of hammer icons, and the more you collect the more paint you're able to hold at once. It's like increasing your mana points, basically.

You can also get cards that summon one of the enemies you just fought, which tend to be stronger than the cards you find normally.
And from what I've heard, this system is pointless because even with the starting amount of paint, it's really hard to run out as there are paint top ups everywhere. It's also a case of spend time and paint battling to get those upgrades, or just don't bother battling in the first place, therefore conserving your paint.

D

Deleted member

Today is the 30th Anniversary of Akumajo Dracula, also known as:

Lets forget for a moment that Konami ruined this series and remember the great moments it gave us.
What is your favorite Castlevania game?
My top 5 in no particular order:

Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth

D

Deleted member

Who are you going to main in those games?
In SV5 I'm going to most likely main Urien and in KI I'm definitely maining the Arbiter.

KoF has a TON of characters and teams of three, so I'm going to need try out a lot of characters before deciding which I enjoy the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I don't recall ever seeing pogs in Australia but we did have Tazos which are basically the same thing. I still have all of my collection which consists mostly of Looney Tunes, Simpsons and Star Wars. Though apparently there were Pokemon tazos.
The cool ones were animated by tilting the tazo.

Last edited:

Chrono.

In SV5 I'm going to mostly likely main Urien and in KI I'm definitely maining the Arbiter.

KoF has a TON of characters and teams of three, so I'm going to need try out a lot of characters before deciding which I enjoy the most.
Same, I don't know who to main either and I've owned the game for around a month.

A lot are just so darn fun to use.

D

Deleted member

Metroid Marathon update :

Metroid: Other M, done.
The end is near.

Boy, this game.

I personally haven't cared of the story the 1st time I played, and I still did the following times I replayed it.

I still enjoyed the gameplay, which should get revised in some aspects (such as a removal of that useless FPS view and enemies dropping items once defeated like in the other games) in order to make it a better transition of the frantic gameplay of the 2D Metroid games.

To conclude, as I said once, Other M is to Yoshio Sakamoto what The Phantom Menace is to George Lucas and Prometheus is to Ridley Scott.
As to know products not as horrific as their detractors make them out to be, but definitely underwhelming and/or disappointing ones for sure.
And I personally still think Skyward Sword deserved much more that amount of backlash than Other M, which at least had the merit to try something new.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, as much **** people give Team Flare, I can't understand how anyone could like Galactic over Flare
The grunts look stupid, the admins aren't threatening as characters(because **** underleveled Skuntank) and its leader is just a 3edgy5me emo guy who thinks no one loves him, and while that may be true, makes up for one of the worst motivations of all the Team Leaders
The only reason he's not the worst is because Archer exists but he might as well not even count(would it be hard to introduce him before you kick his ass?) but at least Archer is Team Rocket and that already puts him in a better position

Speaking of Pokemon, turns out Farfetch'd is super frail and can take, like, one hit before having to switch out
On the other hand, having Swords Dance is enough to be able to sweep an entire team depending on the circumstances, he just needs a weak opponent to set up.
Also, finishing Archer's Houndoom with Focus Punch is probably the biggest overkill I've ever done, especially since I could have just used Surf lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly, as much **** people give Team Flare, I can't understand how anyone could like Galactic over Flare
The grunts look stupid, the admins aren't threatening as characters(because **** underleveled Skuntank) and its leader is just a 3edgy5me emo guy who thinks no one loves him, and while that may be true, makes up for one of the worst motivations of all the Team Leaders
The only reason he's not the worst is because Archer exists but he might as well not even count(would it be hard to introduce him before you kick his ***?) but at least Archer is Team Rocket and that already puts him in a better position

Speaking of Pokemon, turns out Farfetch'd is super frail and can take, like, one hit before having to switch out
On the other hand, having Swords Dance is enough to be able to sweep an entire team depending on the circumstances, he just needs a weak opponent to set up.
Also, finishing Archer's Houndoom with Focus Punch is probably the biggest overkill I've ever done, especially since I could have just used Surf lol
Team Galactic would kick your ass easily in Platinum iirc, especially Jupiter's ****ing purugly. They are more challenging, thus more memorable, not to mention Flare had a rehashed goal as an advertisement. Sure, having a new world all to yourself could be considered a rehash of shaping the world to how you wish like Aqua Magma, but there's also something else. Galactic TORTURED the Lake Trio. Lysandre's most evil thing was being an antagonist and trying to blow up the world, whereas Galactic, under Cyrus' orders, tortured pokemon, set all those magikarp to land and planned on wiping everything in existence out

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, besides Lysandre, Team Flare doing constant poses is really the only memorable thing about them.

There is the small event related to the NPC turned into some kind of costumed menace, but clearly that isn't remembered by much. Then again, nor is the name easily memorable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Honestly, besides Lysandre, Team Flare doing constant poses is really the only memorable thing about them.

There is the small event related to the NPC turned into some kind of costumed menace, but clearly that isn't remembered by much. Then again, nor is the name easily memorable.
The designs are the only thing I say Flare got better than most teams tbh, though Skull's probably got the best out there now

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The only reason he's not the worst is because Archer exists but he might as well not even count(would it be hard to introduce him before you kick his ***?) but at least Archer is Team Rocket and that already puts him in a better position
One word, memorability. True both lots of grunts looked stupid but I could remember the names and signature Pokemon of Galctic's admins. Flare? All I remember of Flare is fancy Ganondorf Lysandre himself and that one scientist guy who was a total jackass in the main story but he made friends with a little girl in post so now the narrative treats him like he's a good guy?

As for the rest of them, do you remember their names? Mars, Jupiter and Saturn had unique looks to them, the Flare Scientists... use different hair dyes.

Chrono.

Team Galactic is funny because you literally don't do anything to stop them.

They drain a lake, take 3 legendaries and just cause general mayhem that the player never seems to be able to stop.

Hell even at the end Cyrus is only really stopped by Giratina who you have to calm down.

The only thing the player prevents Galactic from doing is getting Honey.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tesco put up a pre-order page for the NX. I hope the price is placeholder because I do not want to pay £350 for it. (about $450 US) For comparison, the WiiU new was £250.

Chrono.

Tesco put up a pre-order page for the NX. I hope the price is placeholder because I do not want to pay £350 for it. (about $450 US) For comparison, the WiiU new was £250.
If it's really gonna be that price the thing better be a damn good toasted because other wise it's dead on arrival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom