• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I remember it taking me a while to complete the Water Temple for the first time on the GameCube version. I found it to be easier in the 3DS remake, though my prior experience with the dungeon certainly helped.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well. . .

There's almost two months between the two. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Nintendo has some kind of annual thing going on in late October. Even if they don't get it out on the first week anytime before that would still allow it to be dealt with there.
More like November instead of late October seeing as Nintendo has had Directs in November for the past 3 years though November is still a question mark as well. Highly doubt it will be revealed after 2016 since Nintendo has confirmed multiple times they would reveal the console before year's end so that i'm still hopeful for.

It seems every time I think it's almost time for the reveal it turns out we're not even close. For real though if the NX is not revealed in the first week of October (Oct 3rd-Oct 7th) i'm going to do my best to just avoid anything pertaining to the NX unless it's an official statement by Nintendo cause it's irritating TBH.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
More like November instead of late October seeing as Nintendo has had Directs in November for the past 3 years though November is still a question mark as well. Highly doubt it will be revealed after 2016 since Nintendo has confirmed multiple times they would reveal the console before year's end so that i'm still hopeful for.

It seems every time I think it's almost time for the reveal it turns out we're not even close. For real though if the NX is not revealed in the first week of October (Oct 3rd-Oct 7th) i'm going to do my best to just avoid anything pertaining to the NX unless it's an official statement by Nintendo cause it's irritating TBH.
There IS a Direct in November, though. The Animal Crossing Direct. I think the interview even mentioned it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There IS a Direct in November, though. The Animal Crossing Direct. I think the interview even mentioned it.
Didn't read that but that's something to note.

Honestly I just wish they would at least reveal NX software titles even if they don't reveal the hardware. Sounds backwards I know but a lot of people are looking forward to the games more so than the NX itself so even if they showed like 2-3 games off in a Direct that would be nice even though it's probably never going to happen.

Also surprised this is your first time playing OoT.
First time I got this far.

First time I ever played (years ago) I didn't get out of Kokiri forest because it wasn't my copy.
Second time I didn't get out of Jabu Jabu;s belly
Third time I quit at the forest temple

THIS TIME im determined to beat the game. So that's a thing.

also New Day has had the belt for 400 days? wtf? Isn't that going to be a bit. . .stale?
Im alrady doing that. Just seeing the word NX get me heated because thats all people are asking about
NX NX NX NX NX NX NX NX
:061:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Im heading off to the water temple in Ocarina of Time 64 for the first time ever.

Time to see what all the hate is about
:061:
You're going to forget the key under the block when the water rises and you'll be searching for quite a while. ...I know from experience. Even with a guide and retracing my steps I overlooked it.

----

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Didn't read that but that's something to note.

Honestly I just wish they would at least reveal NX software titles even if they don't reveal the hardware. Sounds backwards I know but a lot of people are looking forward to the games more so than the NX itself so even if they showed like 2-3 games off in a Direct that would be nice even though it's probably never going to happen.
Zelda BotW
Sonic 2017
Just Dance 2017

:p

OK none of those were shown off in a Direct but we've gotten a light trickle of games all the same.

Three's already kinda big for something we haven't seen so much as a glimpse of. . .Even if one of the games we've also seen barely more than a glimpse of and only one is first party.

By the time they have a non-Animal Crossing Direct they'll probably be showing the system off anyway.

I'd love to see the launch lineup very, very, veryveryvery much as well, but I figure if there isn't enough time for there to be any point in separating out the reveals than they won't and if we don't get news within a little over a week then aside from the damage done to my and a few hundred other peoples' mental states out of desperation for news there isn't really any reason to consider the sky to be falling and all worst case scenarios to be true.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Huh, apparently an N64 emulator has popped up on the Xbox One store. Right now it's $9.99 and has spotty emulation.

MIGHT pick it up but no promises.

Soul.

Im alrady doing that. Just seeing the word NX get me heated because thats all people are asking about
It's infuriating but when their home console is completely dead with little-to-no support aside from them and indie developers, and their handheld hanging in there until November for Sun and Moon and a small bump in sales it just makes people lose their minds.

But I guess that's why NX is a hybrid:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice comes out tomorrow.

Hope it ends up being good, if not, I'm not losing sleep, at least we have Mania.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Huh, apparently an N64 emulator has popped up on the Xbox One store. Right now it's $9.99 and has spotty emulation.

MIGHT pick it up but no promises.
Can't Microsoft get sued for that?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's infuriating but when their home console is completely dead with little-to-no support aside from them and indie developers, and their handheld hanging in there until November for Sun and Moon and a small bump in sales it just makes people lose their minds.

But I guess that's why NX is a hybrid:
Good thing I could care less about that and have a 3DS that is still good to me

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Can't Microsoft get sued for that?
I wouldn't be surprised.

Awhile back they shot down another N64 emulator (MIGHT be the same one actually) and a multiplatform emulator. The latter is now playable via the console's internet browser (which I'm using currently).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG the tedium

In order to make connected textures in minecraft you need to make 48 different PNG files, one with each possible angle the texture can be at...

I first made it in one big image, because it's easier to figure out...But now I have to divide that up and save it 48 times...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to see my elegant siren seal in action.

Too bad the blokes are still whining over the Pokemon being too feminine for something with a high male to female ratio. I wouldn't care and still name mines Fabio because he's too damn fabulous.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Guys! Guys! Guys!

I just found the best $7.88 I've ever spent!!
2016-09-26 21.22.33.jpg

2016-09-26 22.28.43.jpg

Crappy phone camera is crappy...

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well tonight's debate can be summed up as.... a complete cluster****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom