• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
If Pyukumuku doesn't evolve into this, I'll be disappoint:

I...
Actually had a slightly simlar idea.
Something a bit more akin to Mega Metagross.
A slightly bulkier body, with four gut "legs" giving it quadropedal movement and then four giant gut "arms" out of its upper half.

D

Deleted member

@Zoroarking omg Angelo looks absolutely bed, bath and beyond done with everything
Del Toro was introduced just to be killed now, but holy **** it took 3 people to take him down
Rip Barbero, you won't be missed
Angelo really knows how to manipulate everyone, managed to destory the Vanettis so easily
Wonder what Strega will do with Angelo...

Can't wait for the next episode
Angelo finally face off against Nero 1-on-1 like in the promo art
Angelo: "lol i ruined ur family"
Nero: "what did you just say u ******? 1v1 fite me irl"

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Was also getting a Barbaracle vibe from Pyukumuku...though I pictured it evolving into something more akin to a starfish that's standing upright...perhaps becoming Water/Fighting...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ash outta be on The Bachelor one day seeing as every female is after his D.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The art show today was so good that I have an excuse to go see it again tomorrow thanks to the 3 Day pass the professor gave me.

Not only that but holy ****! It's a Poliwag, Voltorb, Psyduck, Scyther, Krabby, Squirtle, Staryu, and Magnemite haven out in Navy Pier.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Forgot to tell you guys about this very bizarre NX reveal dream I had some days ago.

Basically me and a bunch of other people that I don't know were walking in to an theater of sorts that looked like a mix between a school auditorium and a movie theater. When I saw the screen it had NX in big font and then a huge amount of fine print underneath it that I couldn't make out. This went on for a prolonged period of time until people walked out the theater with me being confused and stuff. Next thing I know I was in an elevator that flipped upside down (don't ask me, my dreams are really weird like that) with me panicking and stuff as I fell to my doom and the dream ended.

Whenever the NX gets revealed I hope it doesn't involve me getting killed in an elevator. :)

Chrono.

The SFV shade doesn't stop.

I actually just realized I don't know -REVELATOR- and my experience with Blazblue ends in Continuum Shift which was like a billion years ago. And I don't really like Skullgirls but that's another story.
Something big is being teased for Senran Kagura's 5th anniversary and it isn't a pair of bazongas
Well stop the presses if that's the case.

Chrono.

Just reminding people here that Yakuza 5 is $30 on PSN right now until next Tuesday and that it's a pretty goddamn good game you should get.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

I actually just realized I don't know -REVELATOR- and my experience with Blazblue ends in Continuum Shift which was like a billion years ago. And I don't really like Skullgirls but that's another story.

7.8 -Not enough Killer Instinct.

This new Pokémon Generations episode was pretty good, but disappointed that the battles were so short lived. Could have been neat to actually show that even Blue had to face challenges in the Elite 4 before becoming the champion. That would be my major nitpick.

Re - Colour Splash - it might be a game I pick up. I confess that I've only ever played Paper Mario 64 and Sticker Star (PM64 by all accounts is a very fun game - but I guess looking back on Sticker Star, even if I didn't play any of the others preceding it, I guess there some hits and misses. Okay-ish to me), but maybe when I've cleared out the backlog, I might pick the game up if it ever goes on a sale for a reasonable price.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A quick update on Black...
After running into Juniper randomly at Relic Castle I was then able to capture
...Ragecandybar the perfect tool to awaken ancient Pretty neat way for the games to introduce Hidden Abilities actually...
Shortly after I found the sage within Relic Castle (the second one I found so far) and then managed to capture
Timer balls really come in handy when catching pokes with a low catch rate...Was not expecting it to be Level frikkin 70...damn thing nearly wiped out my team AND it had Quiver Dance as well...If only I had a squeekachu on my team like in the first Generations episode...
I'm contemplating whether or not I will use this guy on my team though...Volcarona isn't exactly common, and the closest I've come to using one before was in Gen 6 Wonderlockes, but the Larvestas I got never lived long enough to evolve...I mean evolving at Level frikkin 59, second highest evolution in the game behind Hydreigon and highest for a stage one pokemon...it's no wonder I never got to use it, especially since the damn thing will die if you flick a pebble at it...

So, obviously I'm nearing the end of my playthrough of Black...I've been thinking between whether I'll start a Gen IV playthrough with Platinum or to continue forward with Black 2 next....Probably will play Platinum next since I don't really want to have a second run around Unova in a row...Plus I haven't played Platinum in a while so...(then again I haven't played Black 2 in a while either)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I can confirm the Sonic Instagram is also god tier:

They also posted it on the Twitter, but I hadn't stopped it to see any of them.

Tails one is 10/10, though. TRUTH, boys. Truth.

Speaking of Tails, I heard on TV Tropes that foxes aren't kept as pets because aside from not being domesticated they also smell terrible. However, it's a presumably little known but easy to find fact that Tails' favorite food is mint candy, so one can assume that any natural issues he has are completely overridden by the fact that he smells of candy canes and peppermint patties.

. . .Just remembered that occurring to me again. :drshrug:

Chrono.

TIL: A group of Mexican developers made a fighting game for SNK called Rage of the Dragons, which was a homage to Double Dragon, back in 2002.

Supposedly the team wanted it to be a sequel to DD but they couldn't get the rights, so instead they made their rip offs/homages/tributes/w.e you wanna call it versions of the two main characters (and a boss) while the rest of the game was original.

Not only that but the 2-on-2 tag team system is reminiscent of how DD worked.

Kinda surprised this game flew under my radar, but it must be an obscure game in general all things considered. I kinda hope they re-release this on PSN/Steam, I'd buy it just because why not, I like the designs.

D

Deleted member

Final Emerald Update:
Team:
Leafofold
Chip
Rox
Flash
Volcan
Atlantis
We did it! We defeated Wallace and I became the Champion!
I'm probably gonna do the post game after I play Sun and Moon, because I still want to play HeartGold, Y, and Alpha Sapphire before Sun and Moon are released. I've actually started my HeartGold playthrough about 4 days ago... But I haven't progressed much. I'll post an update later.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest load of bull**** I've ever read. No way in hell Sora or any Kingdom Hearts character can come close to solar system busting.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm sorry, but this is the biggest load of bull**** I've ever read. No way in hell Spra or any Kingdom Hearst character can come close to solar system busting.
To be fair, Sephiroth does (literally I might add), and Sora beat Sephiroth twice.

Now I'm not here for a 'who would win' debate, I just wanted to remind people that Sephiroth blew up the solar system.

Because it's a thing alright.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Expect no less from the same community that thinks Kirby's beating of Magalor is an outlier while a single background change in Squeak Squad is legit multi-solar system busting.

Still, Buu realistically destroys Kirby any day. :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Expect no less from the same community that thinks Kirby's beating of Magalor is an outlier while a single background change in Squeak Squad is legit multi-solar system busting.

Still, Buu realistically destroys Kirby any day. :troll:
Remember when one guy said that Kirby beating Goriath (a Yeti Super Saiyan) automatically makes him a threat to the DBZ universe?

Good times.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm not surprised - I haven't seen one bad piece of gameplay.

Game never looked bad. People just said it would be bad.

People aren't often right. Especially those filled with salt.
The initial trailers weren't really setting the world on fire honestly.

But eventually it started to take form. I might get it, if only because my experience with Paper Mario is... Paper-thin.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm probably not the only person here who was looking for Smash in that image.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

A lot of fighting games have pretty strange titles these days. Did they run out of all the ways to say fighting, punching and champion?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay so I dabbled into some of Color Splash's plot.

Not only have I found one of the funniest lines I've ever heard in a Paper Mario game, I found out that it actually had a plot with a mystery and character development.

That bucket might be closer to Tippi than Kersti.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay so I dabbled into some of Color Splash's plot.

Not only have I found one of the funniest lines I've ever heard in a Paper Mario game, I found out that it actually had a plot with a mystery and character development.

That bucket might be closer to Tippi than Kersti.
Wow wow WOW!!
Tippi???
OK, I'm a huge SPM fan, so I need to hear more on that.
Because my curiosity is HIGH right now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow wow WOW!!
Tippi???
OK, I'm a huge SPM fan, so I need to hear more on that.
Because my curiosity is HIGH right now.
There's a scene in the game where Bucket McGucket and Mario find a huge pool of Black Paint. Mario walks into it and loses 30 HP. Bucket Boy then says that Mario should never touch that stuff and says to turn around and close his eyes. Mario does so and after a moment, the black paint is gone. Bucky seems a bit tired though and when asked he shrugs it off.

Black paint is so bad that Bucket is actively hurting himself to get rid of it. The fact that he does this early in the game means he's already a nicer and more likable guy than Kersti. There's also an element of mystery involved.

Moreover, Bucket starts off as a 3D object and only becomes paper once he wrings himself out and gives Mario the ability to paint cards. Dialogue implies he's never been paper before, so what is he exactly?

Guy has a lot of power and seems to have a purpose and like Tippi I think he's gonna have an arc and learn to trust Mario.

Though not as focused on, the game has plot.
I am intrigued by Bucket Boy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom