• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm almost done with my grinding session in Emerald. I just need to grind up Atlantis and I'm good to go. I'll post an update once I beat Wallace.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
My Smash edition 3DS XL broke one of its hinges and is now ticking towards its ultimate end so I invested into a "New" 3DSXL.
And I have to ask.
WHO'S IDEA WAS IT THAT YOU HAVE TO UNSCREW THE ENTIRE BACK PLATE OF A SYSTEM TO CHANGE ITS MEMORY CARD

D

Deleted member

I recently found out that my entire team is infected with Pokerus... That's awesome.
Update is coming really soon as Atlantis is really close to the level I want her to be.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Welp.
My Smash edition 3DS XL broke one of its hinges and is now ticking towards its ultimate end so I invested into a "New" 3DSXL.
And I have to ask.
WHO'S IDEA WAS IT THAT YOU HAVE TO UNSCREW THE ENTIRE BACK PLATE OF A SYSTEM TO CHANGE ITS MEMORY CARD
The same guys that thought adding "New" to the 3DS. Because that's not confusing.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Pokemon run updates, I've defeated Chuck(Archbishop of Wrath) and the Red Gyarados and entered the Rocket HQ in SS
My mom bought me a Moon Stone so I was able to evolve Nidorino, he wouldn't learn any good attacks so I decided to give him some power to fight Primeape
My Poliwag also finally evolved and now I'm trying to find a Water Stone
Current team:
Alexander the Nidoking
Corotangul the Gyarados
Claire the Jolteon
Viral the Beedrill
Rem the Poliwhirl
Okuyasu the Aipom

Boxed Pokemon I'd consider using:
Assassin the Farfetch'd
Dreey the Meowth
Blue Beard the Tentacool
That Shuckle some guy gives you
Shulk the Girafarig

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Different strokes for different folks as they would always say.

While Tingle is praised for this funny and quirky otaku loser in Japan, this is what America thinks of him.

Other than the creepiness, they hate him for being some money crazed cheapskate that charged you throughout the Triforce Chart Hunt or being "gay" (which they clearly didn't see him bang the Queen of Fairies in his own game :awesome:).
Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
*Throw grenade at it*
Seriously tough, damn you for having this post in first in this page. :<

D

Deleted member

Emerald update: (no Pokemon icons because I have a very low internet connection atm)
Team:
Leafofold-Sceptile
Chip-Swellow
Rox-Aggron
Flash-Manenctric
Volcan-Camerupt
Atlantis-Wailord
I defeated the Elite Four, and I was just about to fight Wallace when my parents told me that we're going somewhere.... ****
I'll probably post the final update later or tomorrow, along with future plans for this playthrough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not happy with most of the Colour Splash impressions from people that got it early. They're screaming Sticker Star 2.0 so far which pretty much confirms my fears.

Though this was nice to see:

Go into options. There you can change the controls to touch and buttons. Makes the battles way faster
Context though:

The game is gorgeous and charming but my first first impression of the battle system is that it's probably going to be pretty controversial. Look at gamepad>Pick attack card>slide into place>hold finger on attack card to paint it>tap 'done painting'>flick the card to initiate attack>look back at tv>repeat next turn.
But at least there's the option.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Looks like I might be right with my prediction I made about the NX being revealed on Page 825 in this thread.

...seeing as I was the only one that made a prediction lol.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Blue is getting close to being full on edgelord in the Pokemon Generations episode

D

Deleted member

I predict that people are going to be upset with the NX, and if my prediction is correct, I'm a psychic that can predict the future. :p

D

Deleted member

The new Pokemon Generations episode is out
It featured Blue fighting the Elite Four
It was nice to see Blue using Pokemon other than Blastoise, since in origins, we barely saw any of his other Pokemon in action
Though I still don't get why Blue has a Blastoise if Red chose the best starter

It was nice to see Blue using Pokemon other than Blastoise, since in origins, we barely saw any of his other Pokemon in action
So Blue has a blastoise but red has a bulbasaur

Is that even possible in any version? Did Red trade out his charmander for a bulbasaur because he is a filthy casual? Alternate Universe?

Am I overthinking this?

The answer to at least one of these questions is "yes."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Decent episode. Weird to see the Elite Four like that but cool nonetheless. Dialogue is a bit corny but it is a 2-5 minute short anyways. I don't want to see Red VS Blue again because we already saw that in Origins.

Maybe the next episode will be the Johto one where Lance faces off against Red Gyrados? That was in the trailer so it would be nice to see Gold and Lance fighting against Team Rocket.

D

Deleted member

I feel like the episode should have focused more on one of the battles instead of trying to show all four
We got to see NOTHING of Agatha

Is that even possible in any version? Did Red trade out his charmander for a bulbasaur because he is a filthy casual? Alternate Universe?

Am I overthinking this?

Pretty sure the first episode isn't even canon in the series itself
Unless you want to believe Red went to all of the other regions and legendaries just suddenly showed up
It was mostly a nostalgia trip

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Holy crap Bruno looks jacked as ****! He makes his Machamp look like a wimp....

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here's an interesting question.

Groose from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is a very popular character around most of the globe, both as a meme and a serious character. People often cite his humor, character development and theme as reasons for why they like him.

Japan doesn't like him however. A bit of a reverse Tingle, if you will.

Why do you think that is?
Cause they can't contain the Groose obviously.

Are they still following the canon/continuity trend of the previous season or is it all over? I kind of want them to get that out of the way as much as I like the idea of Craig x Tweak being "canon".

But you've got to admit, Link x Ghirahim is hotter than Death Mountain under Volvagia's control.
There is no relation to the past season so far it seems. It's biggest focus is on trolling, cyber bullying, with a minor plot focused on the sitting outs on the national anthem and election.

And that Generations wasn't to bad. Blue being angry at Agatha's words was a nice scene.

The Elite Four all sounded really evil though. But they are in the manga...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Is that Laura Bailey and Ben Diskin as Lorelei and Lance I hear?

Anyway, episode was OK, I feel this is one of those shorts that should've been a good 10 minutes rather then 3 as there's a good chunk that could've been covered both from a battling and characterization perspective. Agatha honestly got the best deal out of it since she got some good character interactions with Blue vs. the others, but even then, it was a brief note. I will say though, I'm not sure how I feel about Blue's arrogance here. While he was a bit full of himself even in the games, I don't think he ever dismissed his Grandfather and his work like that, there seemed to be at least a bit of respect between them and it felt a bit off just for him to rudely throw off the comparison like that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Pokémon Generations episode was pretty kewl. I was kinda expecting Agatha to talk a bit more about Oak though (since those two share a backstory).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Holy crap Bruno looks jacked as ****! He makes his Machamp look like a wimp....
His Machamp is a wimp.

Bruno should have been more injured when his Machamp got tossed at him and he hit the wall. Yet his Machamp fainted despite being cushioned while Bruno barely had a scratch. :p

Last edited:
You know history can be pretty funny sometimes.

Im reading roman history (for fun) and they are talking about Cicero. At one point in his career he is exiled for punishing criminals without trial.

After a year he is recalled. . . but his house has been demolished and a shrine to the goddess of liberty, Libertas, has been built in its placr. lol

:061:

Chrono.

Generations is a little weird, Blue had some shades of Silver back there. Everything was pretty rushed but there's only so much you can do with 4 minutes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You know history can be pretty funny sometimes.

Im reading roman history (for fun) and they are talking about Cicero. At one point in his career he is exiled for punishing criminals without trial.

After a year he is recalled. . . but his house has been demolished and a shrine to the goddess of liberty, Libertas, has been built in its placr. lol

:061:
World War I joke.

There was a British Army Officer named John French. And a German General named Herman von François.
To round it out, the Russian Army Head had the name Russky (lit. Russian)

Watched the PG short. Really enjoyed it, but they could've made four full episodes from that plot.

Am I overthinking this?

Nah, Blue traded his Charmander for Squirtle after the first battle. He realised he had picked the wrong Pokemon.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
His Machamp is wimp.

Bruno should have been more injured when his Machamp got tossed at him and he hit the wall. Yet his Machamp fainted despite being cushioned while Bruno barely had a scratch. :p
To be fair Bruno didn't take super effective damage from Blue's Pidgeot...

I feel like he would've done a lot better had he fought instead of his Machamp though :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Red has all 3 starters doesn't he?

He started with Charmander but eventually got all of them

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yo here's why Blue loses in the end.
>Uses Alakazam against Lapras.
>Doesn't use it against Machamp or Arbok.
>Doesn't teach his Blastoise blizzard or ice beam.

But legitimately... this kinda feels like the weakest of the 3 episodes so far.

WTF is that opening bit with the Indigo League looking like the Unovan foyer.... Especially when that spinning view looked SO MUCH like it belonged to N's castle embedding into the Unova Pokemon League....

BRUNO'S STRAIGHT UP AN EARLY JOESTAR

Across the fights of the Elite 4, we see 5/6 moves from 4 of Blue's Pokemon. And only 3/4 from the E4 themselves.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yo here's why Blue loses in the end.
>Uses Alakazam against Lapras.
>Doesn't use it against Machamp or Arbok.
>Doesn't teach his Blastoise blizzard or ice beam.

But legitimately... this kinda feels like the weakest of the 3 episodes so far.

WTF is that opening bit with the Indigo League looking like the Unovan foyer.... Especially when that spinning view looked SO MUCH like it belonged to N's castle embedding into the Unova Pokemon League....

BRUNO'S STRAIGHT UP AN EARLY JOESTAR

Across the fights of the Elite 4, we see 5/6 moves from 4 of Blue's Pokemon. And only 3/4 from the E4 themselves.
Machamp is just as weak to psychic as he is to flying though, but that was kind of odd...

I guess it's because he didn't really have anything on his team specifically against Lorelei. Arcanine maybe but that's weak against water

Burruni

Smash Hero
Machamp is just as weak to psychic as he is to flying though, but that was kind of odd...

I guess it's because he didn't really have anything on his team specifically against Lorelei. Arcanine maybe but that's weak against water
Yes but like...
Physical defense vs Special.
Makes a ton of difference against Machamp.

BUT IN OTHER NEWS.
LOOKS LIKE MICROSD'S ARE THE ONLY THING THAT "NEW" 3DSXL'S TAKE.
SO NOW I HAVE TO MAKE SURE I TRANSFER EVERYTHING FROM THE 8GB SD TO THE 4GB MICROSD, PROBABLY HAVING TO MAKE SPACE FOR IT.
JUST...
MRGRGR

Edit: THERE'S A TRANSFER DATA SYSTEM THANK GOD

Double edit: i'm just gonna run to staples...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes but like...
Physical defense vs Special.
Makes a ton of difference against Machamp.

BUT IN OTHER NEWS.
LOOKS LIKE MICROSD'S ARE THE ONLY THING THAT "NEW" 3DSXL'S TAKE.
SO NOW I HAVE TO MAKE SURE I TRANSFER EVERYTHING FROM THE 4GB SD TO THE 2GB MICROSD, PROBABLY HAVING TO MAKE SPACE FOR IT.
JUST...
MRGRGR
Lorelei is also special based and Alakazam has the best special defense on his team

Edit: Especially if it's based on gen 1

Although Blastoise could have also worked

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lorelei is also special based and Alakazam has the best special defense on his team

Edit: Especially if it's based on gen 1

Although Blastoise could have also worked
Actually, unless it's based on Gen 1, Blastoise has a better Sp. Def than Alakazam.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess Capcom will go as far as leaving a *huge* security hole in your computer just to stop you from cheating.

(It writes to your system32 folder. Why would you do that?)
Eh, everyone knows you gotta get rid of System32 to run the game without lag online anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom