• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Metroid Marathon update :

Super Metroid, done.
Time for that controversial one.

While it still isn't my favorite entry (this title goes to Zero Mission 2D-wise, and to Prime 1 overall-wise), I did understand why this game makes such a splash among not only Metroid fans, but also players overall.

It is also the kind of game you are happy to have Internet nowadays to discover all the secrets this game fences in order to renew your experience every time you play it.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of SFV....

Why has nobody told me about this before? :p

Super Metroid, done.
Time for that controversial one.

While it still isn't my favorite entry (this title goes to Zero Mission 2D-wise, and to Prime 1 overall-wise), I did understand why this game makes such a splash among not only Metroid fans, but also players overall.

It is also the kind of game you are happy to have Internet nowadays to discover all the secrets this game fences in order to renew your experience every time you play it.
I actually agree. Even with Prime being my favorite overall and zero mission being my favorite 2D Metroid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Today's Pokemon Generations episode wasn't as good as the first two, but it was still alright. The Elite Four sounded pretty menacing throughout similar to their Adventures counterparts, and the interaction between Agatha and Blue was great. I really like how she knew he was Oak's grandson, and how the way she compared Blue to his grandfather annoyed him. The way Gengar came out of the Pokeball was a really nice touch too. Blue sounded a bit more like Silver though. He seemed to be at the pinnacle of arrogance around the part between Lorelei and Bruno's battle. Bruno felt even more like a tough-guy than he already was; too bad he got easily pummeled.

I wish we got to see more of the battles though. This episode felt like it could've been longer.

Seems like the episodes will be released in generation order considering we've only had Kanto episodes thus far (minus the first episode that was more like a montage). If so, looks like the AZ and N episodes will be a longer wait, but I think the Johto ones should be pretty good. I want to see more of Lance in action.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Episode would have been better split Into 2.

Maybe Lance battle by itself

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I am gonig to find some Jojo Mii and, after that, doesn anyone want to do some casual match?:4dedede:
EDIT: Welp, it's too late for that actually...but atleast, my Dio and Jonathan Mii are ready, so, To Be Continued.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure if it's already been mentioned here, but apparently today was Nintendo's 127th birthday.
At first I thought you were exaggerating, but then my mind instantly corrected me that Nintendo didn't start with cideo games. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I enjoyed this Generations episode, but man, it REALLY should have been a two parter.

Interestingly, only five scenes remain unseen from the trailer:

- Cheryl running from a ghost with Chansey
- (Presumably Buck's) Claydol vs Heatran at Stark Mountain.
- Legendary Beasts
- Lance's Dragonite vs Red Gyarados
- Giovanni in front of what looks like city lights, as opposed to a forest (this might be an early version of episode two though)

From that, we can expect an episode on the Stat Trainers, the Red Gyarados episode, an episode dealing with the legendary beasts, and possibly a Giovanni follow up. Going by the poster, we can add Kyogre vs Groudon, Cyrus at Spear Pillar/Maybe the Distortion World, a Lysandre episode, and an N/Ghetsis/Kyurem episode.

Since it's supposed to last until December IIRC, there may easily still be episodes we don't know about.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Speaking of Pokemon run updates, I've defeated Chuck(Archbishop of Wrath) and the Red Gyarados and entered the Rocket HQ in SS
My mom bought me a Moon Stone so I was able to evolve Nidorino, he wouldn't learn any good attacks so I decided to give him some power to fight Primeape
My Poliwag also finally evolved and now I'm trying to find a Water Stone
Current team:
Alexander the Nidoking
Corotangul the Gyarados
Claire the Jolteon
Viral the Beedrill
Rem the Poliwhirl
Okuyasu the Aipom

Boxed Pokemon I'd consider using:
Assassin the Farfetch'd
Dreey the Meowth
Blue Beard the Tentacool
That Shuckle some guy gives you
Shulk the Girafarig
Best name for an aipom ever.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It looks like a gamecube, game and watch hybrid tbh.

And I got RPG Maker today as an early B day gift! Time to get started creating! After I install pokemon essentials.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So I have a game for you guys:

Which one would you think happens first?

• Ash will finally win a Region League
  • The Strawhat Crew will actually find the treasure
  • A new Kid Icarus game
  • :4jigglypuff: actually gets buffed
  • JoJo Part 8 finally ends

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

• A new Kid Icarus game
Puff gets Buffed, because if Smash NX (Which the ports of two wii u games to 3ds, I'd say it's likely) happens within the first year of NX, it will probably come before a KI sequel. And Puff would most likely be buffed cause of new characters requiring new balance.

• A new Kid Icarus game
Dunno about which one will happen first, but I'm certain the first two will be the last ones.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Finished Ethan Frome yesterday. Real men cry, right? That book made me mad af.

...how many of you get it?
Good movie. Too bad I saw it in my childhood and don't remember much!
But maybe Trump wouldn't be one. He's more an 'outsider who wants in.' Literally all the people he's surrounding himself with would be, though! Gingrich and Pence make me shudder.

D

Deleted member

OH MY ****ING GOD
THE NEW 91 DAYS EPISODE WAS SO ****ING GOOD
THIS SERIES KEEPS GETTING BETTER WITH EACH EPISODE too bad the animation doesn't tho
I can't believe there's only one episode left now, it has been a good ride and it's a shame I won't be able to find many more anime like this for some time
Also, not only is the series itself set on 91 days but it aired on that same time frame too, only 7 days remain until the 91st day

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo go watch that **** now

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Finished Ethan Frome yesterday. Real men cry, right? That book made me mad af.

Good movie. Too bad I saw it in my childhood and don't remember much!
But maybe Trump wouldn't be one. He's more an 'outsider who wants in.' Literally all the people he's surrounding himself with would be, though! Gingrich and Pence make me shudder.
They do have a Hillary one too, which would make more sense
But then you'd have to be wearing Hillary on you

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
OH MY ****ING GOD
THE NEW 91 DAYS EPISODE WAS SO ****ING GOOD
THIS SERIES KEEPS GETTING BETTER WITH EACH EPISODE too bad the animation doesn't tho
I can't believe there's only one episode left now, it has been a good ride and it's a shame I won't be able to find many more anime like this for some time
Also, not only is the series itself set on 91 days but it aired on that same time frame too, only 7 days remain until the 91st day

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo go watch that **** now
**** man, holy **** *runs to Kiss anime*

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess a huge selling point for the NX version of Breath of the Wild is playing the game wherever you go.

Still gonna most likely get the Wii U version though because I anticipate I won't be buying the NX for a year or two combined with the fact that I never play games on the go.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
It's a small world, isn't it?
That apparently Sonic got lost in :p

In all seriousness... this is like really cool. Friends that I've know personally for just about 5 years getting reported on sites like TIME is something I never thought would've happened. It's just really cool to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom