• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The wait for the NX be like this.

Don't lie, this is how you all feel right now (except two certain individuals).
If one of these certain individuals is me, yup, I'm definitely not feeling like that, on the contrary, I couldn't feel even better at the moment. :D

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The wait for the NX be like this.

Don't lie, this is how you all feel right now (except two certain individuals).
Wrong, this is literally me as of now.

In the meantime, we are STILL waiting on another cancellation round in the WSJ magazine so dead weight like Takuan & Batsu can finally be cancelled. I'm so happy for The Promised Neverland doing go so far.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm honestly getting sick of people's impatience regarding the NX reveal actually...

Just look at Nintendo's twitter, everytime they make a post the comments are flooded with NX this and NX that...

Nintendo flat-out told us during the fall and we're only a day into fall at this point...We won't be able to get the console until next year anyway so what's the rush?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Really the only plausible dates for a reveal now would be October 4-6th (first week of the month when Nintendo likes to do Directs and stuff combined with the statement of the NX being revealed "very soon") or November 15-17th (the week after the US election if Nintendo was aiming to have their product revealed right after a big event like that).
The weird part is that Pokemon's next news spot is on October 4th.

Every date left seems kinda weird in it's own way. . .

Gonna hold out for the chance of a curveball earlier reveal that almost certainly won't happen. I handle my impatience in my own ineffective way.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm honestly getting sick of people's impatience regarding the NX reveal actually...

Just look at Nintendo's twitter, everytime they make a post the comments are flooded with NX this and NX that...

Nintendo flat-out told us during the fall and we're only a day into fall at this point...We won't be able to get the console until next year anyway so what's the rush?
1) To see if the bloody thing will be worth a purchase

2) Say Nintendo is doomed if it's another Wii U (weak family friendly machine with a gimmick since God forbid Nintendo do something new).

It's a common trend on the Internet, that's how I know.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The weird part is that Pokemon's next news spot is on October 4th.

Every date left seems kinda weird in it's own way. . .

Gonna hold out for the chance of a curveball earlier reveal that almost certainly won't happen. I handle my impatience in my own ineffective way.
If we're lucky we might get a reveal next week though I really doubt it short of an announcement of the reveal date. If it's not revealed the week after than i'm certain of a post-election week reveal.

Honestly i'm more interested in seeing the console revealed than actually buying the NX. How the reveal goes will ultimately sway whether or not I get an NX or a PS4.

Also I had a thought at College today about the NX possibly being delayed to the early-summer. The idea is that the NX would get revealed in the same week Nintendo has their E3 Presentation (possibly even the same day) to build hype and excitement for everyone buying. Hope the NX doesn't get delayed but that's a neat thought I had.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
1 hour boys.Strap in,It All Comes Together!!
I remember when I was young I thought Ruby & Sapphire were reboots. And I had some reasons behind that:
  • Can't connect with the previous games
  • Only a small collection of Gen I & II Pokémon could be seen (even post-game)
  • "Hoenn Dex" & "National Dex" didn't exist until you traded with FireRed or LeafGreen
Of course that all changed when Colosseum popped up.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
i give literally 0 ****s about the NX,l. Really i just wanna know if its gonna have a smash port.
I don't know, why don't we ask Sakurai himself? :troll:

Or hope we get another big leak like Sal Romano and his Gematsu Leak? Now those would seem credible, if we at least had one or several Smash trailers to go with it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Meanwhile, I'm waiting for a J-Stars Victory Vs sequel. One that's actually good and don't listen to troll votes (Looking at you Taro ****ing Yamada).

Unless the game flopped so hard that Shueisha will never invest in another Shonen Jump video game crossover again. :urg:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meanwhile, I'm waiting for a J-Stars Victory Vs sequel. One that's actually good and don't listen to troll votes (Looking at you Taro ****ing Yamada).

Unless the game flopped so hard that Shueisha will never invest in another Shonen Jump video game crossover again. :urg:
Sales weren't too bad in Japan though, they surpassed Jump Ultimate Stars in its second week with Super Stars having more by 40k. Now if we are talking about Western sales, then it definitely flopped harder than Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

To be honest, Namco was stupid to seriously believe that Chinyuki had a fandom and the votes came from trolls that wanted to piss fans off. At least with Sakurai and the Smash Ballot, he wouldn't add dumb choices like Goku or Shrek because of their meme popularity.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

2) Say Nintendo is doomed if it's another Wii U (weak family friendly machine with a gimmick since God forbid Nintendo do something new).

Imo it's going to be another Wii U

It's definitely not going to be on par with Scorpio/ neo

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

The gimmick and price tag made it not family friendly. It was trying to be too many things at once, perhaps.
Besides, the market doesn't always demand 'something new.' Often times it wants 'what was but better.'
That producers fail to realize this is their own fault. Heaven truly forbid anyone in business attempts to make something the market doesn't and won't want.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sales weren't too bad in Japan though, they surpassed Jump Ultimate Stars in its second week with Super Stars having more by 40k. Now if we are talking about Western sales, then it definitely flopped harder than Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

To be honest, Namco was stupid to seriously believe that Chinyuki had a fandom and the votes came from trolls that wanted to piss fans off. At least with Sakurai and the Smash Ballot, he wouldn't add dumb choices like Goku or Shrek because of their meme popularity.
And fanboys had the nerve to hate my baby Luckyman. Sorry for sounding like a fangirl, but Luckyman DESERVES to be on the roster compared to that baby faced bloke. His manga was successful and so was the anime too (I'm sure it aired in your country before @Dr. FalКoopa). Just because he's silly superhero from a gag manga didn't mean he was a bad inclusion or he wasn't fan requested unlike Derpo Trollmada.

Also, we need All Might in the next game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Imo it's going to be another Wii U

It's definitely not going to be on par with Scorpio/ neo
To elaborate with the logic behind this.

Reggie made a bit of talk about how "it's not about power, it's not about specs" at E3. And then he stared at an Xbox with an upset look on his face.

Later the iPhone 7 had it's specs talked up and Bill and Miyamoto had that same look on their faces while watching.

Now in other ways I'm almost certain it will differentiate itself, though. Just not in that way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And fanboys had the nerve to hate my baby Luckyman. Sorry for sounding like a fangirl, but Luckyman DESERVES to be on the roster compared to that baby faced bloke. His manga was successful and so was the anime too (I'm sure it aired in your country before @Dr. FalКoopa). Just because he's silly superhero from a gag manga didn't mean he was a bad inclusion or he wasn't fan requested unlike Derpo Trollmada.

Also, we need All Might in the next game.

Not like it really matters (something the Western weeaboos won't get), all requests are from Japanese fans that supported the magazine since the 70's. Their opinions matter more than that of the West, hence why Psyren and Black Cat got no representation in that game. So you can be we will see as many Boku no Hero Academia characters as One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Naruto reps.

All Might, Bakugou, Shigaraki, and Deku will be my bets. Yuga, Asta, Fuyuzora, Onimaru, Soma (Support), Isobe (Support), and Tanshiro are possible newcomers since we all know by now that fans request the hottest stuff and Shueisha loves promotional licensing.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The gimmick and price tag made it not family friendly. It was trying to be too many things at once, perhaps.
Besides, the market doesn't always demand 'something new.' Often times it wants 'what was but better.'
That producers fail to realize this is their own fault. Heaven truly forbid anyone in business attempts to make something the market doesn't and won't want.
Tl;dr: The Wii U had too many flaws to really help itself in the long run. Nintendo got a bit too cocky from wanting to capitalize off of the Wii brand, hence the casual confusion over its name and family friendly ads it had for so long. Whatever the NX may be, it's best to wait for real news before we spin around the bunyip's swamp.

I'd rather speculate about something that not too many people would care about, when the hell will Shonen Jump have another big anniversary game. Some are pointing fingers to 2018 for the 50th anniversary because it seem like the next logical step to take. Some of the new series we have now will be popular enough by time that happens, it's a pretty smart business decision for Shueisha to push growing series like Hinomaru Zumo and Black Clover (generic shonen series or not).

Not like it really matters (something the Western weeaboos won't get), all requests are from Japanese fans that supported the magazine since the 70's. Their opinions matter more than that of the West, hence why Psyren and Black Cat got no representation in that game. So you can be we will see as many Boku no Hero Academia characters as One Piece, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Naruto reps.

All Might, Bakugou, Shigaraki, and Deku will be my bets. Yuga, Asta, Fuyuzora, Onimaru, Soma (Support), Isobe (Support), and Tanshiro are possible newcomers since we all know by now that fans request the hottest stuff and Shueisha loves promotional licensing.
This. This is the type of mindset most shonen fans should have instead of "That series is too obscure or ****, where's my 500th Dragon Ball Z and Naruto character". But that isn't all bad since the company is aware of who to market their games to. J-Stars being localized internationally could say that we wouldn't have to worry about future games being Japan-only anymore. But one can hope they have better gameplay and focus on the best fanservice possible.

And also, why did you leave out Samon? All these jokes about Samon the Summoner being canceled are not funny anymore and you don't have proof that it's going to die out in the future.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/studio34/tiny-metal

Really cool to see a spiritual successor for Advance Wars out there. Considering backing this game myself to get a copy.

This in addition to Warbits and Super Senso. Glad to see AW has left it's mark even in it's absence. AW5 plz IS.
This looks, to be blunt, really really awkward.

The graphics are poor to say the very east and the camerawork is pretty poor as well.

Gameplay is another matter I really can't judge (since I can't play it at the moment) but to say this looks very rough is an understatement, which is awkward because the devs are saying a ot of the work is done this is all bonus stuff.

I mean jesus look at this
I can't tell what any of this is. What is going on. Just isn't pretty.

Good luck and all of that and boy do I hope it improves but this has not sold me at all. Hey at least we have Warbits for you mobile gamers. :p

I still need to try AW2 but damn does my backlog suck
:061:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
IMO, what they should do is make the NX the Wii 2;
A cheap incremental innovation on the Wii. (Keep the NX name, though.)
Especially since the global economy is about to experience another round of massive repercussions from Keynesian monetary policy induced malinvestment.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And also, why did you leave out Samon? All these jokes about Samon the Summoner being canceled are not funny anymore and you don't have proof that it's going to die out in the future.
Have you not been reading the seeking Oricon charts? Samon barely hangs in the Top 50 with each volume release while Yuragi-sou at least makes up to 60k within every new volume release. Within a month, the first volume managed to achieve 300k volumes sold easily. Compare that with Samon and that's why I'm not that confident in it lasting for another year.

At least in Hinomaru Zumo's defense, sumo is an incredibly niche sport in Japan and the audience for it is quite big for a poor seller. That and the rankings for each chapter were always average unlike Samon which is prone to get a low rated chapter every other week. It's probably going to be getting anime soon, but depending on who's interested in animating sumo wrestling fights. That's why Jump is currently pushing Black Clover as of now since it's the closest thing to a hit when compared to World Trigger and Yuragi-sou. Chances are that they will eventually hire a company to animate a single or two cour anime depending on the reception of the upcoming OVA.

Sure you are going to need more help from Satan-sama if you want your precious demon summoning comedy to avoid the corporate manga axe next year (or likely this year). It's pretty damn lucky that it managed to last at least a year for now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
IMO, what they should do is make the NX the Wii 2;
A cheap incremental innovation on the Wii. (Keep the NX name, though.)
Especially since the global economy is about to experience another round of massive repercussions because of Keynesian monetary policy causing malinvestment.
Well they've said they want to make it more affordable than the Wii U, so that's cheap at least. How cheap I don't know, but they're shooting for a lower price at least.

If it ends up being a hybrid then it's not necessarily the Wii, but in a way it could sort of channel the Wii and DS at once. Cheap console, cheap handheld, a likely unrelated gimmick hook of some kind, all in one package.

And while the NX is almost certainly just a codename, they will give it an identity all it's own since they're moving away from the Wii branding.

It could be a Wii 2 in it's own way, luck be with it.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Have you not been reading the seeking Oricon charts? Samon barely hangs in the Top 50 with each volume release while Yuragi-sou at least makes up to 60k within every new volume release. Within a month, the first volume managed to achieve 300k volumes sold easily. Compare that with Samon and that's why I'm not that confident in it lasting for another year.

At least in Hinomaru Zumo's defense, sumo is an incredibly niche sport in Japan and the audience for it is quite big for a poor seller. That and the rankings for each chapter were always average unlike Samon which is prone to get a low rated chapter every other week. It's probably going to be getting anime soon, but depending on who's interested in animating sumo wrestling fights. That's why Jump is currently pushing Black Clover as of now since it's the closest thing to a hit when compared to World Trigger and Yuragi-sou. Chances are that they will eventually hire a company to animate a single or two cour anime depending on the reception of the upcoming OVA.

Sure you are going to need more help from Satan-sama if you want your precious demon summoning comedy to avoid the corporate manga axe next year (or likely this year). It's pretty damn lucky that it managed to last at least a year for now.
If Medaka Box can survive for so long, then so can Samon. I'm not going to give up just yet. Who knows, the next batch of new series will just be fodder to keep it alive. I don't see Love Rush or Red Sprite doing any better while Takuan & Batsu is good as dead. Meanwhile, both Gintama and Toriko are near their climaxes and they can end in any moment.

Moving on to the subject of Black Clover, am I the only one who doesn't find Yuno's anime design that girly? For those who's unfamiliar, he's the taller handsome boy with the wind magic in the palm of his hand.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Here's something interesting I noticed yersterday: so if you have read the Sun and Moon page of Oranguru like I did, you might have noticed this passage
Sun and Moon's site said:
Long ago, people thought that Oranguru were humans who dwelled in the forest depths, so they called them “the people of the forests."
Also, you probably realized the Oranguru is based off the orangutan. So, did you know that the word "orangutan" is derived from the indegenous word "orang hutan", which literally means "person of the forest". This show how much GameFreak went deep for the pokédex entries.

I hope you enjoyed my little Oranguru fact.

Edit: Just saw this on reddit and I thought it was a good idea to share it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Here's something interesting I noticed yersterday: so if you have read the Sun and Moon page of Oranguru like I did, you might have noticed this passage Also, you probably realized the Oranguru is based off the orangutan. So, did you know that the word "orangutan" is derived from the indegenous word "orang hutan", which literally means "person of the forest". This show how much GameFreak went deep for the pokédex entries.

Oranguru best monkey, confirmed

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just looked up Samon the Summoner

Is it just me or does all manga these days just blend together

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's something interesting I noticed yersterday: so if you have read the Sun and Moon page of Oranguru like I did, you might have noticed this passage Also, you probably realized the Oranguru is based off the orangutan. So, did you know that the word "orangutan" is derived from the indegenous word "orang hutan", which literally means "person of the forest". This show how much GameFreak went deep for the pokédex entries.

Also fun to notice that Orangutans can build their own nests with leaves and sometimes literally make their own makeshift umbrellas that they put on their head when it rains...

Similar to Oranguru when they make their leaf fans...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also fun to notice that Orangutans can build their own nests with leaves and sometimes literally make their own makeshift umbrellas that they put on their head when it rains...

*goggles "Orangutan with umbrella" *

Where has this been all my life

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Oranguru is a really well-thought Pokémon. If you hadn't realized already, he is easily my favorite among the one that were revealed until now.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oranguru is a really well-thought Pokémon. If you hadn't realized already, he is easily my favorite among the one that were revealed until now.
Yeah I like both Oranguru and Passimian...

Both very well designed, in appearance and description...

And I'm relieved cuz what went through my head with regards to 'Rugby Monkey' was not nearly as cool as this berry chucking Lemur...Love it's animations...

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Yeah, Oranguru is very nicely done, like Mudsdale, Tapu Koko, Lycanroc, and Vikavolt (odds are those are likely going to be at least 4 members of my team).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom