• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Here's a theory on Breath of the Wild's placement in the Zelda timeline. Not sure if I'd agree with it, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

>BW remakes
>B2W2 campaign unlocked after beating Ghetsis
>Unova Link bonuses and flashbacks from B2W2
>Beat main game
>Go fight N, catch Reshiram/Zekrom and then Kyurem
>Fuses them
>N: "It seems Black/White Kyurem wants to take you somewhere, why don't you follow them?"
>Kyurem flies you to a new area
>Hilber/Hilda is there
>Fight!
>Uses the BW data for the team with only standard levels
>Gold vs. Red gets ****ted on
11/10 my hopes and dreams

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I want to talk about Case 4 of Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice.

Doesn't contribute anything to the overall plot and it mostly feels like they suddenly remembered they hadn't given Athena a case but the dynamic between Athena and Simon Blackquil makes it one of the more entertaining cases. Not to mention it shows off Blackquil's powers of suggestion better than Dual Destinies did. I want a whole game of Athena and Blackquil now. Bonus points for the client actually being helpful for a change even if he is suffering from Alcohol poisoning.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also, Kirby's getting a manga. I'd love that tbh, a comical manga series works well for the super tough pink puff
Wait, what? Are there pictures or just an announcement?

It definitely sounds like a nice idea, so I'm curious.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
New update on Black...

Mitsu
Demeter
Osiris
Roswell
Nidhogg
Harpy

Traversed through Victory Road...did some grinding (Harpy eventually evolved after defeating Grimsly fittingly enough)...
Also managed to capture
in Victory Road...that's two out of three Swords of Justice so far...

Managed to capture
, and defeated N and Ghetsis...Surprisingly the trainer that gave me the most trouble was Caitlyn...only because she kept hitting crits and one shotting half my team, if not leaving them in the red...Frikking hax I've encountered in this game is ridiculous...Elesa's Gym was a pain because of all the frikkin Parlyz hax...

Even though I consider Gen 5 my least favourite Generation...It really does have it's moments...Probably the main reason why it's my least favourite is due to lack of familiarity compared to the other Generations rather than it being bad...but then again I've enjoyed pretty much all Pokemon games I've played so something has to be last...

Anyway, I'm going to try to complete post-game this time around as my other playthrough I didn't bother and then finally aim for Alder at the end of it...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Question, what games that were good in the day do you think have aged very badly?

Quite a few early Wii games, now they no longer have the novelty of motion controls on their side spring to mind.

D

Deleted member

Question, what games that were good in the day do you think have aged very badly?

Quite a few early Wii games, now they no longer have the novelty of motion controls on their side spring to mind.
Three words: Ocarina of Time

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (and the versions of each trilogy separated).

ESPECIALLY when compared to later LEGO games by Traveler's Tale.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Ocarina of Time and FFVII are two major ones that come too mind...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (and the versions of each trilogy separated).

ESPECIALLY when compared to later LEGO games by Traveler's Tale.
That really needs a remake and they can finish off the Clone Wars series whilst they're at it.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I wouldn't say it outright aged badly, but the first Sly Cooper game comes to mind.

The minigames in it are incredibly unfun, and the platforming, while fine still feels inferior to the later games, which took a more open-world approach. The minigames also got a lot better, with a few exceptions.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So here are the Strawpoll results from the favorite main series Pokemon game poll posted yesterday:

Pokemon Black/White - 7 votes
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - 5 votes
Pokemon Platinum - 3 votes
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 2 votes
Pokemon Crystal - 2 votes
Pokemon Emerald - 2 votes
Pokemon Black2/White2 - 2 votes
Pokemon Red/Blue - 1 vote
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - 1 vote
Pokemon X/Y - 1 vote
Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - 1 vote

Yellow, FireRed/LeafGreen, and Diamond/Pearl all had 0 votes.

Looks like Black/White was the winner, with HeartGold/SoulSilver at a close second. Happy to see that Platinum pulled out at third!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The closest I can think of to aging "very badly" is Goldeneye on N64. I admittedly enjoyed what I've played of it a few years ago without rose-tinted nostalgia goggles, but it really doesn't control all that well.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Considering one of my favorite games is a game typically accused of aging badly and I first tried it well after aging accusations started to be thrown at it, I get the feeling there aren't really that many games I would consider to have aged badly rather than simply being good or not to my preference in the first place.

However. . . the compilation images comparing the graphics of each Smash game that popped up right after E3 2013 tend to show the striking jumps in graphics quality between games. It doesn't make any of the games lose their respective merits in terms of functionality, but purely on a screenshot basis 64 tends to look downright primitive and Melee tends to look a bit on the rusty side, with Brawl feeling like the point where the graphics started coming into their own but still having some glaring flaws with various models made obvious when set beside 4. Pikachu's ears when compared between the two, for example. The Brawl ones end up looking rather odd.

The roster of each past Smash game tends to look a bit sad compared to the newest title as well, with a similar result of the first two seeming positively small with Brawl finally starting to round it out but still paling in comparison to 4.

It's not really a case of the past aging badly so much as the present being so good that the past looks bad by comparison, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>BW remakes
>B2W2 campaign unlocked after beating Ghetsis
>Unova Link bonuses and flashbacks from B2W2
>Beat main game
>Go fight N, catch Reshiram/Zekrom and then Kyurem
>Fuses them
>N: "It seems Black/White Kyurem wants to take you somewhere, why don't you follow them?"
>Kyurem flies you to a new area
>Hilber/Hilda is there
>Fight!
>Uses the BW data for the team with only standard levels
>Gold vs. Red gets ****ted on
11/10 my hopes and dreams
This is honestly my dream game. Add on an additional Looker cameo for the BW2 segment and it goes from 11/10 to 12/10.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
"Samosa's up tilt is one his best moves, so I decided to just spam it against his super hot sister"
I found this video particularly funny for some reason...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is honestly my dream game. Add on an additional Looker cameo for the BW2 segment and it goes from 11/10 to 12/10.
Better yet, give us a game about Looker and only Looker. Detective pikachu needs him whenever they add the later chapters. Plus we'd get see some live action looker in the movie which could be pretty cool.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1282754

Also if you guys want to see what happens when people who aren't specifically in the Smash fandom randomly generate a topic saying what they want out of Smash.

*EDIT* Oh, it seems like Ubisoft said a little more about their opinions since before.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09...rent-experience-to-other-consoles-ubisoft-ceo

"I think, once again, the interface is very attractive," he said. "It's a machine that will be easy to use for all gamers. They have built in something that will give us chance to really have a different experience from what exists today. That's what I like - that they come with something new that is adapted to what we actually want now."
"It's difficult to answer that [before NX is revealed]. What we see is that Nintendo has learned from the Wii U. All publishers learn from what they do, and then come with something new and more attractive, which I think is the case here."

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'll believe it when I see it.
Well in terms of Nintendo learning from their mistakes I think Nintendo themselves have already said some funny things that indicate they're trying not to repeat the same thing twice.

Not in terms of competing on power or whatever, but saying they're moving away from the Wii brand, trying to streamline their game production, trying to reorganize their company to better respond to market feedback in a timely manner, planning on being extra careful with how they explain the NX, planning on giving the NX a more affordable price point than what they did this generation, etc.

Other than defying "moar powah," which is too subjective to really be a mistake so much as just not going with the flow considering it's not like third parties would come to them anyway, with the sheer number of things they've commented on at least once that they're addressing, any mistakes they make will likely be all new ones rather than retreading old ones.

Whether or not the NX is going to be revolutionary is a roll of the dice, but I can sure as heck see Nintendo trying. Interface being attractive is the iffiest part but seeing as it's basically code for "something's up" it can easily be read as it being something new and taken as information in that case.

So yeah, even if there's obvious PR talk dripping off of Ubisoft I believe them in this case because it fits what I've heard so far.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well in terms of Nintendo learning from their mistakes I think Nintendo themselves have already said some funny things that indicate they're trying not to repeat the same thing twice.

Not in terms of competing on power or whatever, but saying they're moving away from the Wii brand, trying to streamline their game production, trying to reorganize their company to better respond to market feedback in a timely manner, planning on being extra careful with how they explain the NX, planning on giving the NX a more affordable price point than what they did this generation, etc.

Other than defying "moar powah," which is too subjective to really be a mistake so much as just not going with the flow considering it's not like third parties would come to them anyway, with the sheer number of things they've commented on at least once that they're addressing, any mistakes they make will likely be all new ones rather than retreading old ones.

Whether or not the NX is going to be revolutionary is a roll of the dice, but I can sure as heck see Nintendo trying. Interface being attractive is the iffiest part but seeing as it's basically code for "something's up" it can easily be read as it being something new and taken as information in that case.

So yeah, even if there's obvious PR talk dripping off of Ubisoft I believe them in this case because it fits what I've heard so far.
True.

But this is also the same company who is trying to hype NX people with a dance simulator that'll be forgotten in less than a year after a "new" "installment" comes out.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With the success of yesterday's poll, I'm already planning the next Pokemon poll. Before I can publish it, I have two questions to ask you all:

1) Do you consider Archer to be a Team Boss? For those that don't remember who he was, he was one of the Rocket Executives in the G/S/HG/SS games. On one hand, some will argue that he is the boss of Team Rocket in those games because he's the lead executive, while others argue may argue he isn't because he's just an executive. That's why I'm asking this question.

2) Would you prefer Archer and Maxie being grouped together in a single poll option, or do you want them to be separated?

I think these two questions already hint at what the next topic will be.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
With the success of yesterday's poll, I'm already planning the next Pokemon poll. Before I can publish it, I have two questions to ask you all:

1) Do you consider Archer to be a Team Boss? For those that don't remember who he was, he was one of the Rocket Executives in the G/S/HG/SS games. On one hand, some will argue that he is the boss of Team Rocket in those games because he's the lead executive, while others argue may argue he isn't because he's just an executive. That's why I'm asking this question.

2) Would you prefer Archer and Maxie being grouped together in a single poll option, or do you want them to be separated?

I think these two questions already hint at what the next topic will be.
Rocket Exec Archer is a bit of a special case as he technically isn't the 'actual' team boss, but he pretty much picked up where Giovanni left off...

Maxie and Archie need to remain separate methinks...especially since ORAS helped differentiate their character a lot more...

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1282754

Also if you guys want to see what happens when people who aren't specifically in the Smash fandom randomly generate a topic saying what they want out of Smash.

*EDIT* Oh, it seems like Ubisoft said a little more about their opinions since before.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09...rent-experience-to-other-consoles-ubisoft-ceo
Now when in the Rainbow Serpent's throat can we finally get official NX news?

I sorry, but I'm at the point where I care more about perfecting next month's Asian American Literature test than waiting on news.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Look, the hype for the NX is nice and all. But honestly I'm sick of hype.
I just want to know what it looks like, or at least something more than just "it's going to be amazing".

Both Microsoft and Sony have shown theirs. What about you Nintendo?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The reason I don't give any **** about the NX because I don't know what it looks likes or even does and neither second-hand responses or sourceless rumors aren't fixing those issues.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Now when in the Rainbow Serpent's throat can we finally get official NX news?

I sorry, but I'm at the point where I care more about perfecting next month's Asian American Literature test than waiting on news.
Look, the hype for the NX is nice and all. But honestly I'm sick of hype.
I just want to know what it looks like, or at least something more than just "it's going to be amazing".

Both Microsoft and Sony have shown theirs. What about you Nintendo?
Apparently a Nintendo staff member at one of the recent gaming events said . . .I think the phrase was "not yet, but very soon," but all I remember for sure is that the word "soon" was used because for some reason I heard about this two or three times but otherwise it never gets talked about.

Maybe it's being ignored because it's vague enough that it can be interpreted any way pessimists want to. Eh. I take soon to mean "soon."

The trick is going to be surviving as everyone either ragequits or downspirals like a plane with three busted engines in the meanwhile. :/

Nintendo said they would reveal it in Fall. Today is the first day of Fall.

There's so much silliness from people today about delays and nonsense on stuff I've read when it's obvious Nintendo just decided to go ahead and be literal about it.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just curious: Should I watch the YouTube Heroes video to hear their own words on this trainwreck or am I going to lose way too many brain cells if I do?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just curious: Should watch the YouTube Heroes video to hear their own words on this trainwreck or am I going to lose way too many brain cells if I do?
I mean personally I see a harm in watching it.
Probably would be better too. If only to get an idea of why people are worried.

After all, there's no better information than the source itself.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Just curious: Should watch the YouTube Heroes video to hear their own words on this trainwreck or am I going to lose way too many brain cells if I do?
Maybe it will make you rage or facepalm very hard, but I don't think it will make you lose any brain cells. I watched the video and I just thought the idea was utterly ridiculous, and a horrible decision from YT's part.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well if you say so

:troll:

:061:
WHAT? Only a two-hole toaster?! But Sony and Microsoft have already made four-hole toasters standard! Nintendo's never going to get any third party toast support with designs like this. I'm getting a BreadBox!

:troll:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Apparently a Nintendo staff member at one of the recent gaming events said . . .I think the phrase was "not yet, but very soon," but all I remember for sure is that the word "soon" was used because for some reason I heard about this two or three times but otherwise it never gets talked about.

Maybe it's being ignored because it's vague enough that it can be interpreted any way pessimists want to. Eh. I take soon to mean "soon."

The trick is going to be surviving as everyone either ragequits or downspirals like a plane with three busted engines in the meanwhile. :/

Nintendo said they would reveal it in Fall. Today is the first day of Fall.

There's so much silliness from people today about delays and nonsense on stuff I've read when it's obvious Nintendo just decided to go ahead and be literal about it.
Really the only plausible dates for a reveal now would be October 4-6th (first week of the month when Nintendo likes to do Directs and stuff combined with the statement of the NX being revealed "very soon") or November 15-17th (the week after the US election if Nintendo was aiming to have their product revealed right after a big event like that).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The wait for the NX be like this.

Don't lie, this is how you all feel right now (except two certain individuals).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom