• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

'Eyoooo
What's happened since the 8-9 hours since I came on? Any new news, nx release date reveal, stuff like that?

Hmmm......not as handsome as the actual husbando imo.
Also, aerodactyl not close enough to Pet Shop for you?
>Aerodactyl
>Not even a bird
>No ice moves whatsoever
What the hell have you been smoking?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I voted Emerald and am evidently the only one.

If ORAS had only not jettisoned Emerald's additional content it would have been the best.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I voted Emerald and am evidently the only one.

If ORAS had only not jettisoned Emerald's additional content it would have been the best.
Besides the Team Magma hideout in Jagged Pass, the Steven fight in Meteor Falls that wouldn't make sense in the version, what else was cut?

Battle Frontier got trimmed to what X/Y had, yeah.
But the Delta Episode damn well made up for the rest.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Voted Red / Blue for nostalgia / luls
Blastorina was my favorite Pokémon
Blastorina.gif

All I did was spam skull bash. It was glorious.

Bruh Puerto Rico is wild af right now there's an island wide blackout.
HOW DO WE SOLVE THIS ???
Edit 2: I shouldn't have even said anything but I'm here now so... I hope everyone is okey over dere
Edit: Puerto Rico should totes be THE hotspot for American vacationing in the Caribbean. Why isn't it?!
(because minimum wage and tons of other regulation driving travel costs to / in it sky high)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Besides the Team Magma hideout in Jagged Pass, the Steven fight in Meteor Falls that wouldn't make sense in the version, what else was cut?

Battle Frontier got trimmed to what X/Y had, yeah.
But the Delta Episode damn well made up for the rest.
The whole Groudon vs. Kyogre and you need to resurrect Rayquaza to stop them arc...

Also voted for Crystal....put in so many hours into that game...And so many Pokemon I love because of this game...
:157::215::212::214::195::178::062::059::071:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
oh yeah Wario Bros. Wario Bros. if your starter is elettux, you won't be able to completely the tandor championship final round on the second go. This is because of a glitch that cause the game to crash.

You can still beat it the first time, but the second has story to it that most would want to see if they are fully completing the release. It's nothing major though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
oh yeah Wario Bros. Wario Bros. if your starter is elettux, you won't be able to completely the tandor championship final round on the second go. This is because of a glitch that cause the game to crash.

You can still beat it the first time, but the second has story to it that most would want to see if they are fully completing the release. It's nothing major though.
I started with Raptorch. Though it's worth noting that the "Official Unofficial" server I'm using is releasing patches for the game so that glitch you're talking about MIGHT have been fixed.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One day.
One day.
Male Combees will have a purpose to exist.
I don't think so

Male bees only purpose is to breed once in their life and die...in the process

Also, they die if they don't breed either

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I started with Raptorch. Though it's worth noting that the "Official Unofficial" server I'm using is releasing patches for the game so that glitch you're talking about MIGHT have been fixed.
Then your good. That's interesting that they are patching the game, it be cool if they did fix it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Also guys...some speculatory food for thought regarding the starters and their evolutions...
Some things to note about the starters...they all have some humanoid hybrid qualities...and while a lot of starters do have such qualities, it's interesting to note that each one may be based off of a particular Cryptid, similarly to Lycanroc...

Rowlet being the Owlman, Litten being the Weretiger, and Popplio being the Mermaid....

The Owlman is a legend that is similar to the Mothman, that originated in England in town of Mawnan in the county of Cornwall...In addition to their description of being a human-owl hybrid they are often described as having red eyes being a very prominent characteristic...it does appear that Rowlet's evolution indeed has red eyes also...

Weretigers are an actual legend, similar to werewolves, except well, tigers...The legend originated in India, that speak of creatures that are half-human and half-tiger...Some legends in southeast Asia speak of different tribes of people actually having the true form of animals, while Tibetans and natives of Yunnan, the Na-hsi took on the form of Tigers...

And I'm sure most of you are aware of Mermaids...but one interesting tidbit is that it is believed that the legend of Mermaids were inspired by the accounts of (more than likely drunk) sailors upon discovering these of all creatures...

I mean that does not look like a beautiful sea maiden
Although there are accounts of mermaid like beings in other Ancient mythologies including Greek...Sirens, while not necessarily the same as mermaids, are sometimes described to have a similar appearance as mermaids being a maiden with a fish's tail...

With all that said...I wonder if this holds more weight to the idea of the starters getting two forms for their final stages, since they have a secret in common with Rockruff and since Lycanroc is also based off of a Cryptid, as well as having a second form based off of the actual animal...
Regardless as time went on I have warmed up to the starters evolutions quite a bit more...Even Litten's, while I'm not a fan of the whole 'wrestler' motif I have to admit that it still has a pretty cool design...Will definitely be more appeasing if it does end up being a Dark type as well...Not necessarily because "ermagerd not anudder fire/fighting," but I just like Dark a lot more...

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Also guys...some speculatory food for thought regarding the starters and their evolutions...
Some things to note about the starters...they all have some humanoid hybrid qualities...and while a lot of starters do have such qualities, it's interesting to note that each one may be based off of a particular Cryptid, similarly to Lycanroc...

Rowlet being the Owlman, Litten being the Weretiger, and Popplio being the Mermaid....

The Owlman is a legend that is similar to the Mothman, that originated in England in town of Mawnan in the county of Cornwall...In addition to their description of being a human-owl hybrid they are often described as having red eyes being a very prominent characteristic...it does appear that Rowlet's evolution indeed has red eyes also...

Weretigers are an actual legend, similar to werewolves, except well, tigers...The legend originated in India, that speak of creatures that are half-human and half-tiger...Some legends in southeast Asia speak of different tribes of people actually having the true form of animals, while Tibetans and natives of Yunnan, the Na-hsi took on the form of Tigers...

And I'm sure most of you are aware of Mermaids...but one interesting tidbit is that it is believed that the legend of Mermaids were inspired by the accounts of (more than likely drunk) sailors upon discovering these of all creatures...

Although there are accounts of mermaid like beings in other Ancient mythologies including Greek...Sirens, while not necessarily the same as mermaids, are sometimes described to have a similar appearance as mermaids being a maiden with a fish's tail...

With all that said...I wonder if this holds more weight to the idea of the starters getting two forms for their final stages, since they have a secret in common with Rockruff and since Lycanroc is also based off of a Cryptid, as well as having a second form based off of the actual animal...
Regardless as time went on I have warmed up to the starters evolutions quite a bit more...Even Litten's, while I'm not a fan of the whole 'wrestler' motif I have to admit that it still has a pretty cool design...Will definitely be more appeasing if it does end up being a Dark type as well...Not necessarily because "ermagerd not anudder fire/fighting," but I just like Dark a lot more...
I have a very close friend who said he's going to be enraged if those turn out being the actual evolutions. He did however point out an itneresting little tidbit I never noticed before: Not a single Fire starter has remained on all fours. They all become bipedal.

I really don't like how the Litten evo has a belt-like thing that it spews fire from, that just feels wrong. Interestingly enough I feel like the Popplio evo has a good design....aside from that seal nose that has little to no relevance to mermaids.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm so happy that The Promised Neverland is doing so good in rankings. A post-apocalypictic world where demons feed on the children from orphanages as livestock sounds dark on paper, but that's what makes it so interesting. It sounds like a keeper and I hope it stays that way.

Meanwhile, Not!Monster Musume and Dr. Pepper's Manga Cousin are apparently failing to have an impact on the audience. Maybe because Yuuna-san makes the former irrelevant while the fast pacing ruins the story Red Sprite is trying to tell. I just can't wait until there's a new cancellation round already (whenever Shueisha is finished with this year Golden Cup Contest).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nice! I won a bid. I was the only bidder so I managed to get it at the lowest possible price of $9.95 + $2.62 shipping.

It's this Killer Instinct t-shirt and controller skin:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I thought the whole 2 form thing was BS until I noticed the themes.

I'm still not going to hold my breath.

But a beast tiger litten would be awesome

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Well, in spite of my huge Physics test tomorrow, I'm very happy.

I've taken the ACT multiple times, and always gotten 24s. I took it again on the 10th, and got the score.
Was aiming for 26 or even 27, but 25 is still very acceptable.
Wryyyyyyyyyy.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Fire-fighting types don't.

This is the worst tolerable Poképun I could come up with.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I've taken the ACT multiple times, and always gotten 24s. I took it again on the 10th, and got the score.
Wryyyyyyyyyy.
Physics huh?

(flashback to 5 years ago)

...glad that's in the past...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Remember when "vectoring" was a thing in Smash 3DS?
Good times.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Wryyyyyyyyyy.
At first I read Physics as Psychics and I was really confused.

But why do you care about them anyway? Doesn't your [Za Warudo] break most of them anyway?:troll:

D

Deleted member

I've been noticing that while we had discussions what our least favorite Pokemon generations were, we haven't had a single discussion about our favorite main series Pokemon games yet.

Since this is Pokemon's 20th anniversary and this question is just perfect for the occasion, this calls for a poll.

What is your favorite main series Pokemon game? Answer in the poll below.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11275123

You can only pick one so choose wisely!

My choice went to Pokemon Platinum. I enjoyed the Diamond/Pearl games, but Platinum fixed some of their biggest flaws. The battle and surfing speeds were vastly improved, and the regional Pokedex finally incorporated those new evolutions that were National-Dex only in Diamond/Pearl, thus allowing Gym Leaders and Elite Four to have their entire teams consist of Pokemon of their types. Team Galactic also improved story-wise, and you also had enjoyable new characters such as Looker, Thornton, and Darach. The Wifi Plaza and the Global Terminal were also amazing additions. The game also has a really good post-game, and it provided a fun and great challenge throughout the adventure. The Sinnoh Pokemon also have my favorite designs in the entire series; in fact, there are very few that I actually dislike. I also really enjoyed traveling across Sinnoh; most memorable region for me, with Hoenn close behind.

Overall, I love Platinum because it took everyone I loved about the Diamond/Pearl games and improved on its flaws. I wouldn't say it is the perfect Pokemon, but it's the game I definitely enjoyed the most.
If you asked me this question a month ago, I would've said it's Platinum.
However, after replaying some of the games, my favorite Pokemon games has changed to Black and White, simply because it has the best story, and I liked how you were unable to catch any Pokemon from later Generations, as it gives you the opportunity to try out new Pokemon.
Honorable mention go to (in the order they were released) Platinum, HGSS, BW2, and ORAS.
Edit: I also forgot to mention that BW had the single best soundtrack of the entire series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
At first I read Physics as Psychics and I was really confused.

But why do you care about them anyway? Doesn't your [Za Warudo] break most of them anyway?:troll:
Well, it helps me throw my knives JUST RIGHT. It's no fun if they hit during stopped time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been noticing that while we had discussions what our least favorite Pokemon generations were, we haven't had a single discussion about our favorite main series Pokemon games yet.

Since this is Pokemon's 20th anniversary and this question is just perfect for the occasion, this calls for a poll.

My choice went to Pokemon Platinum. I enjoyed the Diamond/Pearl games, but Platinum fixed some of their biggest flaws. The battle and surfing speeds were vastly improved, and the regional Pokedex finally incorporated those new evolutions that were National-Dex only in Diamond/Pearl, thus allowing Gym Leaders and Elite Four to have their entire teams consist of Pokemon of their types. Team Galactic also improved story-wise, and you also had enjoyable new characters such as Looker, Thornton, and Darach. The Wifi Plaza and the Global Terminal were also amazing additions. The game also has a really good post-game, and it provided a fun and great challenge throughout the adventure. The Sinnoh Pokemon also have my favorite designs in the entire series; in fact, there are very few that I actually dislike. I also really enjoyed traveling across Sinnoh; most memorable region for me, with Hoenn close behind.

Overall, I love Platinum because it took everyone I loved about the Diamond/Pearl games and improved on its flaws. I wouldn't say it is the perfect Pokemon, but it's the game I definitely enjoyed the most.
It's definitely Heart Gold and Soul Silver, hands down.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I voted for Platinum because in terms of gameplay, I felt Gen 4 was the most balanced.

Also, this was the only Pokemon game I didn't get at release as I was late to the DS party... now I almost play 3DS exclusively.

Platinum is awesome - but I will give BW a close second. @MahBoi2016 summed it up nicely - dat music tho. Amazing.

Best (and arguably the most challenging) finale to a Pokemon game. Cynthia in Platinum can be tough too.

Last edited:

Overall, I love Platinum because it took everyone I loved about the Diamond/Pearl games and improved on its flaws. I wouldn't say it is the perfect Pokemon game, but it's the one I definitely enjoyed the most.
It was very though choice between Black & White and HeartGold and SoulSilver, but I ended up going with the latter. I enjoyed it slightly more.

One day.
One day.
Male Combees will have a purpose to exist.
Seriously, male Combee needs an evolution more than any of the Pokemon without evolutionary family.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
A vote for Platinum is a vote for me...
That being said, honestly can't decide for myself. Gen II is my favourite but I feel HG/SS should be above the original games because, well, it's got more content and general improvements like better movesets for Pokemon. Plus walking with Snorlax behind me is a thing. But then there's Gen V, which I enjoyed soooo much. If I chose it though, BW or B2W2?
Ugh, why would anyone ask me to choose like this?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was just reading a case for having entry hazards work like weather in Gen 7, as in disappear after 5 turns or 8 turns with an item. Then, as I was reading, I saw this:

The Pokemon competitive community went from 4th gen where it was probably the best across games to bordering on Smash Brothers on the scale of toxicity of competitive community.
We the darkside.

Seriously, male Combee needs an evolution more than any of the Pokemon without evolutionary family.
Might be a little NSFW as male bees primary role is to mate with the queen. Once mating is completed, his uh... privates and abdominal tissues are ripped from his body and he dies. They don't have stingers and they don't collect pollen.

It's actually weird that there as so many male Combee's because a hive is almost entirely female.

ALTHOUGH, a butler bee has potential, one that lives to serve Vespiquen.

Beetler.

Hire me GameFreak.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I've just realized fifteen minutes ago that it's Senran Kagura's 5th anniversary today (well in Japan).

I guess it was a lucky guess on my part, or even a gut feeling.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was just reading a case for having entry hazards work like weather in Gen 7, as in disappear after 5 turns or 8 turns with an item. Then, as I was reading, I saw this:

We the darkside.

Might be a little NSFW as male bees primary role is to mate with the queen. Once mating is completed, his uh... privates and abdominal tissues are ripped from his body and he dies. They don't have stingers and they don't collect pollen.

It's actually weird that there as so many male Combee's because a hive is almost entirely female.

ALTHOUGH, a butler bee has potential, one that lives to serve Vespiquen.

Beetler.

Hire me GameFreak.
Worker Bees. Combee are supposed to be worker bees, so base an evolution of of that, the queen's knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom