• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Hooray for removing hats then
Also for extra chicken-chan give her yellow lipstick, though we're probably only getting red

Question: Has anyone seen something in which you think "This will flop" just by looking at it?
In recent memory?

Metal Gear Survive.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hooray for removing hats then
Also for extra chicken-chan give her yellow lipstick, though we're probably only getting red

Question: Has anyone seen something in which you think "This will flop" just by looking at it?
Unfortunately, Star Fox Zero.

After I saw it was a reboot of 64, I knew it wouldn't sell great.

I like the game, but it's not what today's gamers wanted.

Likewise with any on-rails shooter. Which is a shame, because those sort of short arcade-like games are one of my favorite genres.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, YouTube Heroes is a thing.

I'm counting the amount of days before YouTube realizes this is a horrible idea.

Because why bother getting anyone with credentials to do it? Nah let's have Youtube comments moderate themselves. They're not a heaving cesspool of bile right?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I'm counting the amount of days before YouTube realizes this is a horrible idea.

Because why bother getting anyone with credentials to do it? Nah let's have Youtube comments moderate themselves. They're not a heaving cesspool of bile right?
*thoughts before you added a comment to your post with an edit*

"They're rewarding people for reporting content, aren't they?"

*watches*

Yeaaaaah, if it were any other site having a bounty hunting program might not be so bad, but when false reporting runs utterly rampant and unmoderated WITHOUT incentive things are bound to go downhill fast.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I can't wait for all my favourite commentators to have their channels deleted because Youtube's rewarded people for using their ****ty reporting system without actually fixing it!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
omg my street is ****ed

Its been raining for the past 5 days, the lake by my house is starting to overflow and my street is already flooded

And I have class tomorrow

Hey.
For those of you more savvy for sales and gaming.
Persona 5 sold 337k in its opening week for japan.
It deserves it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering a large chunk of Metal Gear fans know Kojima made the games what they are and backlash to Rising was because it's not a traditional game designed by Kojima, I think you're gonna end up wrong
To clarify, I'm not expecting Survive to sell as well as any of the Solid games for that reason.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I honestly can't understand at all how how dense YouTube are on these user complaints/issues.

I feels like it's run by mindless robots than humans.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*thoughts before you added a comment to your post with an edit*

"They're rewarding people for reporting content, aren't they?"

*watches*

Yeaaaaah, if it were any other site having a bounty hunting program might not be so bad, but when false reporting runs utterly rampant and unmoderated WITHOUT incentive things are bound to go downhill fast.
And the best part? People's livelihoods can be destroyed by this.
They are essentially giving power to people who think calling someone a racial slur is appropriate for something as small as not liking a thing (or hell maybe even liking a thing). That's the people who would be policing content.

People are already scared enough with overzealous Content ID flaggers. Now there's this to deal with.

I honestly can't understand at all how how dense YouTube are on these user complaints/issues.

I feels like it's run by mindless robots than humans.
Well that's easy. Because what else is there?
Can you think of any other video sharing site that has the popularity and power of Youtube? Even if someone made up a brand new sharing site, Youtube would trounce on them in a heartbeat.

The closest was Blip, but they went down a while ago.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

H-How can someone be so hopelessly naïve about themselves?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And the best part? People's livelihoods can be destroyed by this.
They are essentially giving power to people who think calling someone a racial slur is appropriate for something as small as not liking a thing (or hell maybe even liking a thing). That's the people who would be policing content.

People are already scared enough with overzealous Content ID flaggers. Now there's this to deal with.

Well that's easy. Because what else is there?
Can you think of any other video sharing site that has the popularity and power of Youtube? Even if someone made up a brand new sharing site, Youtube would trounce on them in a heartbeat.

The closest was Blip, but they went down a while ago.
"OMG THEN Y DONT U GET A REEEEEEEL JOB!!!!!!!11!!1!1"
Jared's been hit already it seems
Most people don't even earn THAT much on youtube. I also saw someone recently get a false copyright strike by someone again because criticism is TOTALLY outside fair use

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sean is finally back on his previously closed Twitter account and he went on the record saying that Dragon Ball Super fanboys should **** off.

You know there's something wrong when Vegeta's VA is more mature.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sean is finally back on his previously closed Twitter account and he went on the record saying that Dragon Ball Super fanboys should **** off.

You know there's something wrong when Vegeta's VA is more mature.
I mean, when you're from something stupidly popular and 80% of those people keep bugging you by asking you the same question over and over again, a question he wouldn't even be allowed to answer mind you, then it's justified imo

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Anyone play Axiom Verge yet?
Bought it a while ago but haven't decided to play it til today...Having a lot of fun so far...

Some really solid platforming and a lot unique weapon abilities...
The game also does well setting up it's overall atmosphere and dark undertones...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

The sad thing is YouTube knows they can get away with this.

This is why no competition is bad people.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
At this rate I'm convinced people are going to need to sue Youtube about false claims as it not only takes time but affects their income. What's worse? Scumbags falsely claiming videos against the law or a public service that allows it? This is why I was glad Valve removed alk DigiHom games, because it shows they won't tolerate that bull****.
Though they could fix greenlight
and quality control

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Didn't watch the video. What's all the commotion with YT again?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They're making it so Internet randos can police Youtube. And even get perks from it.
Which is essentially going to make Youtube a bigger hell hole than it already was.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They're setting up a reward system. The more you do things like add subtitles to videos or issue reports against videos, the higher up the system you get and the more things you can do.

The latter situation being rewarded is the problem, since YouTube already has massive false reporting and copyright issues.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Youtube lets companies copyright claim or copyright strike your videos even if the claims are invalid. Warner Bros got away with claiming videos of stuff they didn't own, and that made ALL advertisement revenue go to them instead of the rightful owner. ProJared was playing Link between Worlds and some random guy claimed that video, so he gets no money from his videos because of something the claimant doesn't own. And youtube is going to REWARD that now

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
They're making it so Internet randos can police Youtube. And even get perks from it.
Which is essentially going to make Youtube a bigger hell hole than it already was.
They're setting up a reward system. The more you do things like add subtitles to videos or issue reports against videos, the higher up the system you get and the more things you can do.

The latter situation being rewarded is the problem, since YouTube already has massive false reporting and copyright issues.
Youtube lets companies copyright claim or copyright strike your videos even if the claims are invalid. Warner Bros got away with claiming videos of stuff they didn't own, and that made ALL advertisement revenue go to them instead of the rightful owner. ProJared was playing Link between Worlds and some random guy claimed that video, so he gets no money from his videos because of something the claimant doesn't own. And youtube is going to REWARD that now
That really sucks. I remember the stupid policy they implemented in 2013 with the comments but this is a whole new level of idiotic. Hopefully people band together and tell Youtube get their **** together.
This reminds me, a mod in the Sega twitch yesterday talked about how NOE is having a bunch of people from Germany out next week to show something not revealed yet. To go there you apparently need to sign an NDA. I wonder if it's an NX reveal.
My bet is that it leads to nothing.

Still think the NX is getting revealed in the first week of October though.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
On a more positive note though if this means we're going to see less idiotic comments from racists and bigots in the Youtube comments then that could be the silver lining in this otherwise bull**** policy being enforced.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How long until a "Hero" mass flags an entire channel just because it got triggered my something meaningless on a single video?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On a more positive note though if this means we're going to see less idiotic comments from racists and bigots in the Youtube comments then that could be the silver lining in this otherwise bull**** policy being enforced.
But what defines racism and bigotry exactly?
Ask ten people and you'll get ten different answers.

That's the biggest issue with this new system.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if this will start Normal Boots back up again. It's been kinda dead since March. The website at least.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So who can and can't moderate Youtube now?
Everyone can moderate, no limits. Meaning Fal could moderate it, or Mariotehplumber could, I could do it, you could do it, Jim Sterling could do it and Emer Prevost could do it. That last one is notable as he tried getting away with abusing the flawed copyright system recently
ALSO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom