• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Happy birthday to @Solfiner and @KingofPhantoms

At this point I think I might end up dropping RWBY
It's great and all but the plot has been going nowhere for too long
That's what I was thinking for the longest time before I watch Volume 3's finale.

At least we'll finally be able to see different set pieces that aren't Beacon and Vale.
I mean, Volume 3's plot was pretty much 'TOHNAMINTZ' and Volume 4 looks like it'll be different considering time skip and all. We'll have to wait and see though

Also, after the Darkness Palace in Link to the Past, which dungeons should I tackle next?

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I mean, Volume 3's plot was pretty much 'TOHNAMINTZ' and Volume 4 looks like it'll be different considering time skip and all. We'll have to wait and see though

Also, after the Darkness Palace in Link to the Past, which dungeons should I tackle next?
I guess we will, it's now only a month away. Hypeeeeed.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I liked Ice Climber as well. It was mildly enjoyable and pretty cute. I got it for 3DS but it's definitively not worth the price.

At least I completed every mountain, even those few with the annoying tiny floating platforms and ice and stuff.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Kamen Rider is a trash Power Rangers rip off.

Gwen won't like this
Ah, but there's the beauty of why fumi and Geno disliking those posts is different! THIS post can be objected against with facts! :p

Also a quick lookup on Eevee with 31 IVs in everything, 0EVs (heh) and a neutral nature should be after Extreme Evoboost
Attack: 128
Defence: 118
Sp. Attack: 108
Sp. Defence: 148
Speed: 128
Combine that with Adaptability and this thing becomes ****ing brutal

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd relay this because free things are nice.

If any of you have a Marvel.com account, they're giving away the first issue of All-New Ghost Rider (the debut of Robbie Reyes) today in honor of his debut on AoS last night. Redemption code is GHOSTRIDER. :p

Chrono.

Holy **** it's actually getting an US release.

I'm so happy and surprised, Dragon Ball RPGs don't usually get much love in the localization department. This one looks particularly great.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If Chicken-Chan throwing stuff becomes a maymay I'll be okay with that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hooray for removing hats then
Also for extra chicken-chan give her yellow lipstick, though we're probably only getting red

Question: Has anyone seen something in which you think "This will flop" just by looking at it?
A few, yes. The example that comes to mind wasn't a financial failure but I could see No Man's Sky being a massive disappointment coming as soon as Sony started going into hype overdrive. Figured they were compensating for something.

D

Deleted member

Question: Has anyone seen something in which you think "This will flop" just by looking at it?
The most recent example I can think of is Fatal Frame 5. Take a horror game with limited appeal, release it exclusively on a struggling console, and you have a recipe for failure. It even seemed like Nintendo/Tecmo had little to no faith in the game actually selling considering that it had a limited physical release in Europe and a digital-only release in NA.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'll actually answer my own question.

I have NO nostalgia for this, but I really want to see how this turns out. Yet considering the general reaction I see to Kamen Rider, I doubt this will sell well despite **** like mlp being stupidly popular with adult men

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hooray for removing hats then
Also for extra chicken-chan give her yellow lipstick, though we're probably only getting red

Well I didn't go anywhere near expecting just how bad it would end up or think about sales, but I had a bad feeling about Sonic Boom getting a game adaption before things went downhill.

Everyone else thought of it as purely a Sonic game, while I viewed it more in the lens as the equivalent of a game adaption of a TV show or movie since it was, y'know, adapting a TV show. And these days those kinds of adaptions have a pretty bad reputation. . .

I guess since it apparently wasn't even loyal to the show that I was right for the wrong reasons.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well I didn't go anywhere near expecting just how bad it would end up or think about sales, but I had a bad feeling about Sonic Boom getting a game adaption before things went downhill.

Everyone else thought of it as purely a Sonic game, while I viewed it more in the lens as the equivalent of a game adaption of a TV show or movie since it was, y'know, adapting a TV show. And these days those kinds of adaptions have a pretty bad reputation. . .

I guess since it apparently wasn't even loyal to the show that I was right for the wrong reasons.
Actually, you're wrong on something. The TV show was made to promote the game, Big Red Button had a few years designing the Boom characters, and considering how much easier and quicker it is to make a TV show...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is that the name she goes by nowadays? :laugh:

I hope to see some good edits in the future then. :p
I've seen some members at serebii.net call her "Glove-Head" as well. At this rate she'll be the next Debbie and Smugleaf. I'm surprised they still haven't announced the main trainer's names yet.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Actually, you're wrong on something. The TV show was made to promote the game, Big Red Button had a few years designing the Boom characters, and considering how much easier and quicker it is to make a TV show...
Hm. Well I was REALLY right for the wrong reasons then, I had no idea at the time.

The early concept art that I saw was odd looking even with a TV show in mind, but the fact that it was meant for a video game borders on baffling.

I guess on the flipside these should have flashed even bigger warning signs than they did, then.

*EDIT* Images crashed, some of the ones here are what I'm referring to: http://nintendoeverything.com/sonic...ncept-art-sonic-designs-lyric-as-an-owl-more/

I remember having concerns about how much they "got" the characters but dismissed it as the TV show creators getting "creative" since TV shows tend to play fast and loose a bit. Knowing it was really the video game department responsible just makes me question BRB even more.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It was already said, but Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

I was cautiously optimistic when the showed the first teaser. But when E3 footage came along, I think my exact words were "this looks like a piece of ****."

In terms of other things, Young Conker comes to mind, as well as Federation Force. Though with the latter, it wasn't due to me being mad at it, but due to the people who actually were.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Several of Nintendo's reveals at E3 2015 because they either:
A. Looked crap
B. Weren't what people wanted
C. Both

You show off something that looks bad and that drives people away. You give people something they don't want and you've gotta deal with backlash. If both happen then you might want to sit in the corner and think about what you did wrong.

D

Deleted member

Emerald Update:
Team:
Leafofold
Chip
Rox
Flash
Volcan
Atlantis
After a rather short grinding session, I finally beat Juan (On a side note... The gym puzzle wasn't nearly as bad as I remember it... It was actually quite easy)
Then, I flew to the Meteor Falls and obtained TM02 (Dragon Claw) and tought it to Leafofold.
Afterwards, I flew to Pacifidlog Town and from there, I surfed all the way to Ever Grande City, which is my current location. Tomorrow, me and my team will be taking on the Victory Road (Well, Assuming I'll be done with my homework quickly enough :p), and I gotta say, I'm pretty pumped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paper Mario: Color Splash. Part of me hopes that it will*, because that might prevent third PM like this from happening.

* Don't get me wrong, Color Splash does look like an improvement from Sticker Star, but I still don't want another Paper Mario game similar to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom