• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know, if there's one thing that's bothering me about Sun and Moon. . .

The new proportions of your character combined with the lack of a Pokemon-style large metropolitan area are making me worried the region is going to end up feeling tiny.

Yeah, I know why they probably made the largest city in Hawaii five buildings in a row instead of an actual city, people got confused with Castelia and Lumiose.

But. . .they could just make a city have easy to notice landmarks and not spin like you're playing pin the tail on the donkey. And not have constant loading screens further mess with your perception. It'd probably be easier to not get lost with the new viewing perspective.

I want to explore an actual huge city with the new proportions and I'm worried if they make this a new thing due to past backlash then I won't be able to. :/

At least if we get Gen 4 remakes then they'll basically be forced to make Jubilife. It's smaller than some of the other Pokemon cities but it's got skyscrapers on both sides of the road so it won't feel nearly as empty as PokeHonolulu at least.

I think I'd like them to make the regions larger in general, too, otherwise things are going to feel kinda small with having normal height. Maybe they can add larger amounts of routes starting with Gen 8 and spread out the hundreds of Pokemon we have between them.
I myself prefer exploring environments to cities...This game seems to have a bigger emphasis on this since some islands present very little in terms of towns and cities such as Poni island for example...while they provide quite a diversity amoung more natural environments...

I'm usually very disinterested in exploring cities anyway...I only do so to see if I can find any items and such...otherwise I'd rather look for pokemon in some isolated area or explore some forest or cave...

Perhaps its just me as I prefer being in the country than in the city...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I myself prefer exploring environments to cities...This game seems to have a bigger emphasis on this since some islands present very little in terms of towns and cities such as Poni island for example...while they provide quite a diversity amoung more natural environments...

I'm usually very disinterested in exploring cities anyway...I only do so to see if I can find any items and such...otherwise I'd rather look for pokemon in some isolated area or explore some forest or cave...

Well. . .they COULD put actual Pokemon in a city for a change to make it sort of an environment in itself. There's certainly plenty that'd fit, and it would be pretty fun. Have a public park here, a little patch of grass behind a back alley there.

It's just that the only city that I'm aware of that actually did that was B2W2 Castelia, and that only if you took a long and confusing trip through the sewers and only with one little patch IIRC.

Part of it's probably just that cities don't have much in the way of Pokemon, so once you've exhausted the Gyms and completed the plot there's not much to do there. If they added some Pokemon encounter areas in places that you have to look for but aren't so out of the way as to be obnoxious, that might give some incentive to look around more.

I'm just imagining being surrounded by skyscrapers with the new proportions and camera angle and it makes me kind of want to see what I'm picturing in reality. . .

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't think anything can beat Generation's 3D remix of City Escape. "That truck is trying to kill me!"
TBH.
As someone who got into Sonic with the Adventure games.
I don't think anything will hit me like that damn struck in Modern and of course that amazing recreation of the Perfect Chaos fight

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

I got pretty confused going through Lumiose, something I will readily admit. Aside from that, I really don't get lost with towns and cities. So, I do prefer environments to cities, however I do have a major issue with the caved areas, as many of them (Victory Road included) require you to have a pokemon that you give Strength to. This is a bit of a problem for me as in some games (notably ORAS for me), I don't have any fighting type pokemon that strength would go well with, so I have to either give it to one that it would be awkward with like Mightyena, or swap out one of my well-trained and ready to battle pokemon for that one level 16 machop I named ZA WARUDO! that I caught a while ago. It just perturbs me so much that I need to give the move to a pokemon that doesn't need it, all because I don't have anything on my team that it would go well with. Same thing for Rock Smash, but that's not needed as much as Strength so it isn't as annoying.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know, if there's one thing that's bothering me about Sun and Moon. . .

The new proportions of your character combined with the lack of a Pokemon-style large metropolitan area are making me worried the region is going to end up feeling tiny.

Yeah, I know why they probably made the largest city in Hawaii five buildings in a row instead of an actual city, people got confused with Castelia and Lumiose.

But. . .they could just make a city have easy to notice landmarks and not spin like you're playing pin the tail on the donkey. And not have constant loading screens further mess with your perception. It'd probably be easier to not get lost with the new viewing perspective.

I want to explore an actual huge city with the new proportions and I'm worried if they make this a new thing due to past backlash then I won't be able to. :/

At least if we get Gen 4 remakes then they'll basically be forced to make Jubilife. It's smaller than some of the other Pokemon cities but it's got skyscrapers on both sides of the road so it won't feel nearly as empty as PokeHonolulu at least.

I think I'd like them to make the regions larger in general, too, otherwise things are going to feel kinda small with having normal height. Maybe they can add larger amounts of routes starting with Gen 8 and spread out the hundreds of Pokemon we have between them.
why you worring about that? We dont know how big the game is yet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
why you worring about that? We dont know how big the game is yet
Mostly just because of how the straight shot of the road in PokeHonolulu in the trailer looks and the fact that the map of the region seems to depict roughly the exact proportions of everything there.

And then there's that one place with the shops where while it looks pretty from the angle they showed it at if you look at the map it's like half the town.

It's probably bigger than I'm worrying about, I just. . .OK, I admit I'm being really ridiculous with all of this since whenever everyone else complains the instant we get a trailer it always seems like they're jumping to conclusions, so I must be too. I'm sorry. :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got the last FNAF Stuffed animal, Mangle

I had given up hope finding it as it was supposed to be a Toys R' Us exclusive, but they didn't actually sell it at Toys R' Us

However, it was at Walgreens of all places

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Funilly enough I did find FNaF plushies a Walgreens here not too long ago as well.
I'm thinking it's because of Halloween but yeah they were there.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
meh,I just want to see the final evo forms at this point.Dont/didnt care about rockruff and the monkeys(im aware that im wrong) seem ugly to me

Chrono.

So here's an interesting Sun/Moon theory that I totally didn't steal off of Reddit.

Basically that they want to create a Human/Beast parallel with it's version exclusives, Sun focusing on the beast side and Moon focusing on the human side.

The evidence/examples or whatever:
  • Lycanroc Midday is the more traditional evolution, being just a simple wolf. Midnight form meanwhile is a werewolf of sorts and is bipedal.
  • The legendaries, Solgaleo is straight up a lion, Lunaala is a bat, but it's shape kinda makes it look like a woman standing upright with it's wings being a cloak.
  • Passimian and Oranguru. Passimian is on all 4's generally, where as Oranguru is sitting upright. Furthermore, Passimian is built around the idea of a pack mentality, whereas Oranguru is specifically mentioned as using tools and even originally being thought of as human.
  • UB-02. Beauty is exclusive to Moon and it most definitely resembles a human far more than Absorption, who is exclusive to Sun and looks uh... Unique.
The thing about this is that if you look at the starter leak, all of them are very humanshape-like and given how Corocoro were hinting at a secret that was shared between Rockruff and the starters, put the 2 and 2 together and, well.

What do you guys think? Is this a bunch of a reach or do you see this as plausible?

Or are just not taking a stance until you see more info.

Link to the original theory: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/53okq8/theory_sun_and_moon_will_have_a_humanbeast/

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So. Which PC game should I start next?

Mass Effect or Batman Arkham Assylum?

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
So here's an interesting Sun/Moon theory that I totally didn't steal off of Reddit.

Basically that they want to create a Human/Beast parallel with it's version exclusives, Sun focusing on the beast side and Moon focusing on the human side.

The evidence/examples or whatever:
  • Lycanroc Midday is the more traditional evolution, being just a simple wolf. Midnight form meanwhile is a werewolf of sorts and is bipedal.
  • The legendaries, Solgaleo is straight up a lion, Lunaala is a bat, but it's shape kinda makes it look like a woman standing upright with it's wings being a cloak.
  • Passimian and Oranguru. Passimian is on all 4's generally, where as Oranguru is sitting upright. Furthermore, Passimian is built around the idea of a pack mentality, whereas Oranguru is specifically mentioned as using tools and even originally being thought of as human.
  • UB-02. Beauty is exclusive to Moon and it most definitely resembles a human far more than Absorption, who is exclusive to Sun and looks uh... Unique.
The thing about this is that if you look at the starter leak, all of them are very humanshape-like and given how Corocoro were hinting at a secret that was shared between Rockruff and the starters, put the 2 and 2 together and, well.

What do you guys think? Is this a bunch of a reach or do you see this as plausible?

Or are just not taking a stance until you see more info.
Well Passimian, fromt eh description that's been given, is kinda modeled after a football or rugby player.
So you're saying.......Lunala is Olympia in disguise?
Absorption imo is a human and mosquito hybrid. The mosquito parts are definitely there, but it gets the torso and arms from humans.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So. Which PC game should I start next?

Mass Effect or Batman Arkham Assylum?
I've heard good things about both, so I go with Batman because alphabetical order.

Edit: AlphaBATical order.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well Passimian, fromt eh description that's been given, is kinda modeled after a football or rugby player.
So you're saying.......Lunala is Olympia in disguise?
Absorption imo is a human and mosquito hybrid. The mosquito parts are definitely there, but it gets the torso and arms from humans.
On the UBs, yeah Absorption definitely has human features too, but it's much more monstrous in it's design, it even lacks a face.

Meanwhile Beauty is the opposite, in fact, it's resemblance to Lusamine was pointed out near instantly thanks to it's very human features. Even though it's generally agreed that Absorption might have a link to Gladion, unlike Beauty and UB01, they resemble each other the least, only sharing their color scheme (physically wise).

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Wait a minute

>you can change eye color
Oh my, this is a game changer.

Although lipstick on 12 year olds seems really awkward and bad unless they're older ala the Gen 5 trainers
Pokemon x Style Savvy confirmed.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who felt that when "Fashion Forward" appeared.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
On the UBs, yeah Absorption definitely has human features too, but it's much more monstrous in it's design, it even lacks a face.

Meanwhile Beauty is the opposite, in fact, it's resemblance to Lusamine was pointed out near instantly thanks to it's very human features. Even though it's generally agreed that Absorption might have a link to Gladion, unlike Beauty and UB01, they resemble each other the least, only sharing their color scheme (physically wise).
It's generally agreed Absorption is linked to......Gladion?! Really? Huh.
I've linked Absorption to Guzma, actually. He did say eh was the incarnation of destruction, and Absorption seems like a fitting form for the icnarnation of destruction.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've linked Absorption to Guzma, actually. He did say eh was the incarnation of destruction, and Absorption seems like a fitting form for the icnarnation of destruction.
Gladion does have "Spiky" looking clothing matching the same places as UB Absorbtion

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
All this time I've assumed I'll be getting Pokemon Moon, but I now think I like the Sun exclusives more.

Also, I mainly play after work/ before bed, and I prefer playing the game in its night time.

Hmmm. Team Sun?

Chrono.

Gladion does have "Spiky" looking clothing matching the same places as UB Absorbtion
What Psycho said.

Also the fact that Absorption is described as extremely powerful, while the glimpses we've seen of Gladion show that he also may favor raw power (or something like that, Derrick from GX explained it better in his analysis).

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
What Psycho said.

Also the fact that Absorption is described as extremely powerful, while the glimpses we've seen of Gladion show that he also may favor raw power (or something like that, Derrick from GX explained it better in his analysis).
Then why would he be serving Guzma? Wouldn't it make sense if the Two UB-02s were the leaders of the Aether Foundation and Team Skull?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Then why would he be serving Guzma? Wouldn't it make sense if the Two UB-02s were the leaders of the Aether Foundation and Team Skull?
An interesting idea Derrick put forth in his last sun and moon analysis was that Gladieon doesn't work for skull. Instead he's a bounty hunter type character, hence the enforcer title. They hire him when need to go out and make sure no stops their missions.

Probably not true, but if it is, that could work.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
An interesting idea Derrick put forth in his last sun and moon analysis was that Gladieon doesn't work for skull. Instead he's a bounty hunter type character, hence the enforcer title. They hire him when need to go out and make sure no stops their missions.

Probably not true, but if it is, that could work.
I feel like that defeats the purpose of having Admins for Team Skull. I can't see someone like Courtney doing their job for payment.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I feel like that defeats the purpose of having Admins for Team Skull. I can't see someone like Courtney doing their job for payment.
But from what we've seen, Skull doesn't have admins per say.

They have Guzma the leader and Plumeria: "A Big Sister" She seems less like an admin and more a care taker. She essentially watches over grunts. Which is like an admin but she acts much different then past ones have.

Plus Gladion is not describe as an admin really either, so a different role with similar concepts to an admin could make sense as well.

It's a switch up on how evil teams have run in the past it seems, as Skull is very unlike past evil teams. Although it could still be debatable if you could call those two admins or not.

Chrono.

They have Guzma the leader and Plumeria: "A Big Sister" She seems less like an admin and more a care taker. She essentially watches over grunts. Which is like an admin but she acts much different then past ones have.

Plus Gladion is not describe as an admin really either, so a different role with similar concepts to an admin could make sense as well.

It's a switch up on how evil teams have run in the past it seems, as Skull is very unlike past evil teams. Although it could still be debatable if you could call those two admins or not.
Yeah, Skull seem more like... A gang than an organized evil team.

Plumeria might just be a right hand woman and nothing more.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I got pretty confused going through Lumiose, something I will readily admit. Aside from that, I really don't get lost with towns and cities. So, I do prefer environments to cities, however I do have a major issue with the caved areas, as many of them (Victory Road included) require you to have a pokemon that you give Strength to. This is a bit of a problem for me as in some games (notably ORAS for me), I don't have any fighting type pokemon that strength would go well with, so I have to either give it to one that it would be awkward with like Mightyena, or swap out one of my well-trained and ready to battle pokemon for that one level 16 machop I named ZA WARUDO! that I caught a while ago. It just perturbs me so much that I need to give the move to a pokemon that doesn't need it, all because I don't have anything on my team that it would go well with. Same thing for Rock Smash, but that's not needed as much as Strength so it isn't as annoying.
I can understand some caves were a pain in the ass...but some of them I found rather interesting to explore...usually they are optional caves that aren't required for progression...
One of the best examples I can think of it Meteor Falls...during the main playthrough you're just passing through...not much to discover until later in the game...but after you have access you can explore and find some useful items such as TMs for Iron Tail and Dragon Claw and you're able to find Bagon in the deepest cave...
Some areas I felt like they should've had a lot more to offer then what they did, like the Dragon's Den in Johto which would've been really neat if there were some hidden area that could've been accessed later on...
A lot of these caves would greatly benefit from less reliance on HMs though...one of my least favourite is probably the Whirl Islands simply because of the need for Whirlpool just to enter the islands...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm thinking there's gonna be a twist.
It's Game Freak. They throw in at least one "plot twist" regardless of how far you can see it coming. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the same thing here.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

Ah. I still say Guzma's Absorption though. But I guess we'll find out in a few months.
I can understand some caves were a pain in the ***...but some of them I found rather interesting to explore...usually they are optional caves that aren't required for progression...
One of the best examples I can think of it Meteor Falls...during the main playthrough you're just passing through...not much to discover until later in the game...but after you have access you can explore and find some useful items such as TMs for Iron Tail and Dragon Claw and you're able to find Bagon in the deepest cave...
Some areas I felt like they should've had a lot more to offer then what they did, like the Dragon's Den in Johto which would've been really neat if there were some hidden area that could've been accessed later on...
A lot of these caves would greatly benefit from less reliance on HMs though...one of my least favourite is probably the Whirl Islands simply because of the need for Whirlpool just to enter the islands...
Yeah, Meteor Falls was fun to explore, especially later on, it's just the ones that require.....more use of HMs that bug me.

Chrono.

Ladies and gentlemen.

Class is in session.
I'm disappointed Mecha Naegi isn't the main, but I'm liking MC-chan.

The rest of the cast... Idk, they're not clicking with me.

I like the girl on the far left and maybe the witch girl. But the rest look all over the place, especially the girl on the far right.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I love almost every design in V3. Also mutiple ahoges spotted so I suspect we might be getting multiple playable characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I love almost every design in V3. Also mutiple ahoges spotted so I suspect we might be getting multiple playable characters.
The Cyborg instantly has my attention. I look forward to seeing more of him.

Also that boy in the white looks like a genderbent Mahiru

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My personal favorite is bandage hands at the far left.

Also
this episode almost made me ****ing cry, Juzo my boy :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom