• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also his steady fan represents his unwavering persistence even after death

and the heart and minds of all his "fans" that continue his name

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm going to take a break from my texture pack, even though I'm almost done with all the blocks

and work on a different one

I want to make one with like a child's dreamland with like candy trees and ice cream mountains and crap

D

Deleted member

Uuuuuuuuuh. . .

Just saw a NeoGaf thread opened about another horrible. . .situation.

NSFW language on the other side of the link, so click and read at your own risk. I thought about linking the Imgur gallery they had in the OP directly, but it's a bit too dark and covers a few too many off topics for me to be confident it would be a good idea. You can choose how far you want to look into it that way.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1281596

Competitive Smash keeps getting more and more disturbing. :/
Before I say anything I note, I'd like to say it's a terrible situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone, not even people that have left me into a path of potential failure in the past.

But that's where I get what gets on my nerves, people mobbing together for something that may or not be true, about people they DONT know.

I see people even mentioning that there may even be a possibility that these could, not are, could be false allegations.(Then again I don't know if anyone in that thread knows of the term "Devil's advocate.")

Well, story time with megs, I guess. Last year I went through a divorce with my father. My father seems like a really, really stubborn man at times with anger issues and old values I'm not fond of at all. That combined with the fact that he was not around much for me, made me have a bias negative view towards him. So during the time of divorce, my Mom told me that my Dad hates me and has called me slurs such as a ******. My reaction? Of course I believed it without a doubt, that's how he commonly presents his behaviour. This made me hate him so much and I didn't want anything to do with him. But after the drama ended through starting more drama with different people, I found out what my Mom said wasn't true, and was a way of stirring up hatred for my Dad.

Who's to say that couldn't possibly happen here? It's not certain, but it's possible.

And I'm sure many people would put many labels on me for presenting a mere possibilty.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hmmm........
The options for which of the pokemon that have been revealed so far to make a team out of has now gotten even more difficult.
But tbh, the only thing that Sun has over Moon for me at this point is Solgaleo. I'd much rather encounter UB-02 Beauty, and I want Oranguru over Passimian. But I'm not naming my Oranguru Harambe, I'm going to name it Orangry-tan, because it looks kinda angry.

Also this may be just me, but has anyone else started thinking about what they'll name the new pokemon that they catch?

Chrono.

Before I say anything I note, I'd like to say it's a terrible situation that I wouldn't wish on anyone, not even people that have left me into a path of potential failure in the past.

But that's where I get what gets on my nerves, people mobbing together for something that may or not be true, about people they DONT know.

I see people even mentioning that there may even be a possibility that these could, not are, could be false allegations.(Then again I don't know if anyone in that thread knows of the term "Devil's advocate.")

Well, story time with megs, I guess. Last year I went through a divorce with my father. My father seems like a really, really stubborn man at times with anger issues and old values I'm not fond of at all. That combined with the fact that he was not around much for me, made me have a bias negative view towards him. So during the time of divorce, my Mom told me that my Dad hates me and has called me slurs such as a ******. My reaction? Of course I believed it without a doubt, that's how he commonly presents his behaviour. This made me hate him so much and I didn't want anything to do with him. But after the drama ended through starting more drama with different people, I found out what my Mom said wasn't true, and was a way of stirring up hatred for my Dad.

Who's to say that couldn't possibly happen here? It's not certain, but it's possible.

And I'm sure many people would put many labels on me for presenting a mere possibilty.
She posted pictures of her injuries.

And this isn't referring to you, but it really rubs me off the wrong way that people were so willing to ban Hyuga for life (who deserved it, btw) but you got people going all ass backwards trying to defend Mang0 or flip the script around or just making jokes about it, just because he's a Melee God or whatever.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

And this isn't referring to you, but it really rubs me off the wrong way that people were so willing to ban Hyuga for life (who deserved it, btw) but you got people going all *** backwards trying to defend Mang0 or flip the script around or just making jokes about it, just because he's a Melee God or whatever.
Honesty there needs to be some serious bans put out. We need to rebuild the smash community. There's to many people doing ***** things to people. There needs to be evaluations for these players and we need someone who actually cares to manage them. There's no way the higher ups that run these smash events or manage players on teams don't know this. After dealing with a person enough times, you hear things about them and you learn.

Sure you could ignore it, but you shouldn't. There needs to be investigations done if these things are heard around tournaments.

Because in all honestly they always have been true it seems, and it only gets worse. Nothing's done till it goes public though. Which really needs to change...

D

Deleted member

And this isn't referring to you, but it really rubs me off the wrong way that people were so willing to ban Hyuga for life (who deserved it, btw) but you got people going all *** backwards trying to defend Mang0 or flip the script around or just making jokes about it, just because he's a Melee God or whatever.
Not really convincing ones, to be honest.(In terms of him doing it for certain and Hell, that last one even looks like a rash and the second one could be faked, for instance. Not to say that they're certainly faked, but it's certainly possible.

We don't know their personal lives, do we? How can we say for certain? I didn't even know who either of them were before I read this.

I'm not saying who's right or who's wrong, the story could even be something nobody thought of.

For an example, let's say she did fake the injuries, that doesn't mean that Mang0 hasn't done anything wrong with her. In fact if she did fake it, it's very likely that she was pushed to do so, abusement isn't just physical after all.

But that's just one of many possibilities without me going into detail. A lot of things can be going on, relationships and psychology is very complex. And we know nothing on what is going on with them, we don't know what's going on in their own, private, lives. It could, again, be a multitude of things and I could go on all day about all sorts of possibilities.

Oh, but what she is saying must be the absolute truth because the mov says so, I guess. Mob mentality digusts me, there's no thinking in it, no consideration, just no nuance...

This is exactly why situations like this should be left private and in court, not brought to social media. As a result you have hate mobs, on both sides. You have people saying that one person is absolutely terrible without any proof and you got other people saying that the victim is just craving attention. It's terrible for both parties, and doesn't benefit the situation.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe we'll get some new Mania news?

Here's a link to theTwitch account.
https://www.twitch.tv/sonicofficial
Imagine if it was the first actual 2017 footage.

I wish... Mania would be cool though. If it doesn't come to a Nintendo Platform, I'll buy it for PS4.

Chrono.

Imagine if it was the first actual 2017 footage.

I wish... Mania would be cool though. If it doesn't come to a Nintendo Platform, I'll buy it for PS4.
Hope we get some Mania news for sure.

I'd like to see more Zones (or even Tails and Knuckles).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hope we get some Mania news for sure.

I'd like to see more Zones (or even Tails and Knuckles).
That's probably likely as it works for something the'd show out of the blue.

We'll see soon hopefully.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, thoughts time!
Passimian: I like this thing a lot. It's got a good design and there's so much detail in the rugby motive, like the Dex entry, the ball, the ability and fainting animation
Oranguru: This thing looks less cool but it's typing, abilities and new move are really something else. Glad I'm getting Moon then!
Rockruff's evolution being game based: FUUUUUUUUUUUU
Lycanroc Midday: The Sand Rush ability and Accelrock makes me think this thing will be pretty fast, and although I still don't like the design that much, it's growing on me
Lycanroc Midnight: Why is it still a ****ing regular Rock type? Vital Spirit is a good ability but I still hate this thing
Fashion: More customization options? Neat! I LOVE it!
Pokemon Refresh: I like this, dunno if I'll use it much but hopefully they have fun minigames too
Catastropika: ****ing hilarious animation, and is pretty damn cool
Extreme Evoboost: Love the name, animation and effect. I can see this being banworthy in Little Cup though. All your stats doubled and Adaptability? rip competition

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sonic stream starts in 25-30 minutes. The official channel posted it in the chat.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Recall on what I said earleir, only things Sun has going for it imo are solgaleo and lycanroc, but I do like both lycanrocs equally.
So I'll probably get Moon? I have a friend who pre-ordered moon, and really wants passimian, and is willing to trade me mons I want for ones eh wants, but another friend is still undecided. So if he gets Sun, I'll be getting Moon.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Some of the Adventure Mode missions in HW are becoming increasingly frustrating for me.

Particularly the ones involving both Enemy and Rogue forces. Because one way or another, at least one side is going to gain morale. It also doesn't help that at least one side typically has some super enhanced captains that take ages to defeat. And while I'm focused trying to take them out, other Keeps, but especially the Allied Base, tend to be a lot of danger.

Do any of you who have the game have any possible advice on how to better handle these kinds of missions?

______

Oh, in some other news, I've turned 19 as of today, and I'll be going out to a nice dinner with my family later this evening to really start celebrating it. I'm looking forward to that.

I honestly feel no different whatsoever than how I felt when I turned 18, though I guess that isn't very unusual. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tbh Im considering to buy both games now to experiment the variations of the story.

Moon has the inverted clock and Lunalaa
Sun has Captain Zika

Both versions are damn attracting on their own ways.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Moon is really looking like the version that's going to be my main version

Chrono.

Tbh Im considering to buy both games now to experiment the variations of the story.

Sun has Captain Zika

I might do the same.

Moon as my main game, Sun as the one where I'll do my gimmicky runs.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Sun has Captain Zika

They way you typed Lunalaa gave me annidea on what to name it. Espella from the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorny game

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mind linking it here?
Was beat to it, but it still hasn't begun. There also seems to be some special guests so we might get something good.

Starts in a few minutes.

EDIT: It's live!

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I'll probably name my Lunala The Batwing, as it's a bat, it has giant wings, and actually kind of looks like the Batwing.
Granted, if I end up getting Sun, I'll name solgaleo either Simba or Mufasa.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok it's live with music, so it should start soon then.

EDIT: Now it's completely live!

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Keep forgetting to say this, but with today's trailer, I'm definitely using the girl avatar for Sun and Moon, it looks like there's a lot more detail and options to customize with.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Keep forgetting to say this, but with today's trailer, I'm definitely using the girl avatar for Sun and Moon, it looks like there's a lot more detail and options to customize with.
I may play as a boy first because I like his hair options then Ill play as a girl. Either way, Imma play as both

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, if there's one thing that's bothering me about Sun and Moon. . .

The new proportions of your character combined with the lack of a Pokemon-style large metropolitan area are making me worried the region is going to end up feeling tiny.

Yeah, I know why they probably made the largest city in Hawaii five buildings in a row instead of an actual city, people got confused with Castelia and Lumiose.

But. . .they could just make a city have easy to notice landmarks and not spin like you're playing pin the tail on the donkey. And not have constant loading screens further mess with your perception. It'd probably be easier to not get lost with the new viewing perspective.

I want to explore an actual huge city with the new proportions and I'm worried if they make this a new thing due to past backlash then I won't be able to. :/

At least if we get Gen 4 remakes then they'll basically be forced to make Jubilife. It's smaller than some of the other Pokemon cities but it's got skyscrapers on both sides of the road so it won't feel nearly as empty as PokeHonolulu at least.

I think I'd like them to make the regions larger in general, too, otherwise things are going to feel kinda small with having normal height. Maybe they can add larger amounts of routes starting with Gen 8 and spread out the hundreds of Pokemon we have between them.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The stream was just a test for future live streams. But we have two new pieces of info on Sonic Mania.

• Super Emeralds are not returning, but there will be a new group of items to collect.
  • There will be more old zones than new zones.
More old zones than new zones is disappointing, but ah well. Sonic Mania looks amazing regardless.

Chrono.

Cool stream.

Mania will have more remastered zones than new ones, not too surprised but I hope the old ones are remixed enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom