• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Everyone can moderate, no limits. Meaning Fal could moderate it, or Mariotehplumber could, I could do it, you could do it, Jim Sterling could do it and Emer Prevost could do it. That last one is notable as he tried getting away with abusing the flawed copyright system recently
ALSO
Phew, it would have been dumb, if not out of character, for Gamefreak to drop such a huge feature. I'm guessing you get a Mega Ring when the story ends or the Z-Bracelet doubles as one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Everyone can moderate, no limits. Meaning Fal could moderate it, or Mariotehplumber could, I could do it, you could do it, Jim Sterling could do it and Emer Prevost could do it. That last one is notable as he tried getting away with abusing the flawed copyright system recently
Oh crap.

YT needs this fixed ASAP. This is going to lead to nothing but problems.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This whole new Youtube thing sucks

If anyone with a political bias gets a "High Level", or especially many people with a political bias

It's going to turn into a game of silencing those with dissenting opinions

Soul.

ALSO
Looking forward to seeing people use Mega Kangaskhan + Oranguru with Instruct for +4 Attack boost after Power-Up Punch

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This job is going to run me to the ground...

ALSO
While I can understand there being no new Megas, I never got the whole "Megas are getting cut" theory. I know that there's some mixed feelings about it (especially with some of the power creep issues), but they stand to lose a lot more in cutting it then keeping it since that's over 40 new designs, stats, items, and other related things going down the drain pointlessly in the scenario. So the most they'd likely do with that was sideline it for Sun and Moon so they can focus on its new mechanics, not trash all of their hard work from the previous generation.

So, YouTube Heroes is a thing.

I'm counting the amount of days before YouTube realizes this is a horrible idea.

Because why bother getting anyone with credentials to do it? Nah let's have Youtube comments moderate themselves. They're not a heaving cesspool of bile right?
I really wonder how they felt this was a good idea. Even a brief glimpse at the typical YouTube comments will show just how bad such a thing will turn out. This thread has already listed a number of issues with it right offhand and I'm sure there are even more, so I really don't understand how this even got past the concept phase.

Hopefully this gets struck down not too long after its release as otherwise things will get far worse for YouTube rather then better.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well, beat Black 2 in 44 hours. Thanks to the randomizer for giving me swag Pokémon early. Finna do another run with Machop or Tauros as my starter.

Anyways, I... I've been a conspiracy theorist for my whole life. I mean, it wasn't ever formally thought of as 'the establishment is lying,' as it is now, but there was always a creeping suspicion of everything (including myself). I didn't have any developmental trust issues either (from what I can tell), my parents are both loving and honest people. When I got into college, Dr. Thomas got me to start doubting the current physics regime on metaphysical grounds in his intro to philosophy class (namely, that nature has to be qualitative and flowing rather than quantitative and incremental). Combined this with my constant distrust of government and seeing that nearly no progress in science have occurred in the past 50 or so years, I started looking for the heterodox physics. I mean, the people who are called heretics, the people whose careers are destroyed by the establishment. There were plenty of crackpots and loners with theories that didn't pass muster, many of them relying on broader conspiracies for their sustenance, but I've since found a formalized opposition of many scientists founded on sound scientific principles that oppose the mainstream.

So, I give you the Electric Universe Theory as presented by Wal Thornhill:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The rumors ARE saying no new Mega Evolutions so I'm not too surprised.

Though it feels weird they're skipping something that was one of the selling points of the previous generation.

D

Deleted member

The rumors ARE saying no new Mega Evolutions so I'm not too surprised.

Though it feels weird they're skipping something that was one of the selling points of the previous generation.
Makes it feel like Mega Evolutions were a one time gimmick, which is a shame.

Things I learned today:
Persona 4, considered one of the best RPGs of all time, is not a PS3 game. . .but is in fact a PS2 game. What. I really need to push through my backlog ASAP so I can back to JRPGs and buy this

Persona 5 PS3 is not a Japan only thing but will be coming to the west. . .meaning I can (and likely eventually will) buy it.

PS4s and Vitas can be bought for way cheaper than I expected. (Still too expensive for me)

My college gives out IDs that can last less than a month.

:061:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Thought dump real quick.

Dragon Quest's art style always turns me off the games before I even get a chance to play them.

It's the 10th anniversary year of the announcement of Final Fantasy XV (then Versus XIII). Way too long.

Double Dash is super crazy overrated.

Ubisoft is apparently really stoked about the NX.

Ghost Rider looks ****ing awesome in Agents of Shield.

And Luke Cage is getting crazy good reviews to no surprise.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thought dump real quick.

Dragon Quest's art style always turns me off the games before I even get a chance to play them.

It's the 10th anniversary year of the announcement of Final Fantasy XV (then Versus XIII). Way too long.

You're not a fan of Akira Toriyama?

That's what actually drew me into the series, I always loved Dragon Ball

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*SIGH*

That explains why they've been super quiet for a while. But I don't understand why when they kept saying they removed the game by choice prior to this.

At least they managed to release a fully playable v1.0 (though the download will take some work now).

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Oh BOY
DaThings1 is coming with a Fire Emblem YTP soon.

But I don't understand why when they kept saying they removed the game by choice prior to this.
Nintendo doesn't want bad PR. They have the legal power to go after people. Threatening someone into lying silence is simple and the easiest route for everyone involved.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thought dump real quick.

With the Ubisoft thing, here's my take on it.

For one thing, I picked up on a line that basically outright stated that if the NX doesn't go well then they'll happily pack their bags the same way they did with the Wii U.

For another, whatever they have planned for it is going to be wild and crazy or at the very least new, their logic being that with a gimmick system people don't have any expectations set up and only have reviews to go off of.

In a way it's sort of the only time they get to stretch their wings, since their take seems to be that on "normal" systems they have to exclusively pander to whatever series are already popular because that's what makes the most money.

And although this isn't necessarily Nintendo related, in terms of VR their intention is to make games that are flat out just interactive movies instead of being like typical games.

So basically TL;DR Ubisoft isn't even remotely a lock for anything past launch, but they do intend to throw some stuff at the wall and see what sticks because this is the only opportunity to do so they feel they get. And because they have more than one game lined up other than Just Dance, it's likely they'll take to the launch with at least slightly more gusto than they did with the Wii U.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*SIGH*

That explains why they've been super quiet for a while. But I don't understand why when they kept saying they removed the game by choice prior to this.

At least they managed to release a fully playable v1.0 (though the download will take some work now).
Damn, that's terrible. I don't think Nintendo took action though. I think something else came up that they realized they had to stop. A shame cause it's a good game. Sad to see it end this way. There were still 3 legends and an interesting post game to be added.

Oh well, glad there's other great projects still around though. And insurgence is nearing final release so I have that to look forward to.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking about doing a Metronome only run at some point, that would be fun
And with that I mean a Nuzlocke
This could only end well

Also, Sun and Moon were teased way back in XY
Remember this trainer? Prolly not because lol Battle Maison
FB_IMG_1474475753876.jpg

It was clearly hinting at this
"You are challenged by Pkmn Trainer Kira!"
FB_IMG_1474421132051.jpg

"Pkmn Trainer Kira sent out Shuckle Sheer Heart Attack!"
Still waiting for an ice hawk damnit

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*SIGH*

lol, people are already blaming Nintendo

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've been noticing that while we had discussions what our least favorite Pokemon generations were, we haven't had a single discussion about our favorite main series Pokemon games yet.

Since this is Pokemon's 20th anniversary and this question is just perfect for the occasion, this calls for a poll.

What is your favorite main series Pokemon game? Answer in the poll below.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11275123

You can only pick one so choose wisely!

My choice went to Pokemon Platinum. I enjoyed the Diamond/Pearl games, but Platinum fixed some of their biggest flaws. The battle and surfing speeds were vastly improved, and the regional Pokedex finally incorporated those new evolutions that were National-Dex only in Diamond/Pearl, thus allowing Gym Leaders and Elite Four to have their entire teams consist of Pokemon of their types. Team Galactic also improved story-wise, and you also had enjoyable new characters such as Looker, Thornton, and Darach. The Wifi Plaza and the Global Terminal were also amazing additions. The game also has a really good post-game, and it provided a fun and great challenge throughout the adventure. The Sinnoh Pokemon also have my favorite designs in the entire series; in fact, there are very few that I actually dislike. I also really enjoyed traveling across Sinnoh; most memorable region for me, with Hoenn close behind.

Overall, I love Platinum because it took everyone I loved about the Diamond/Pearl games and improved on its flaws. I wouldn't say it is the perfect Pokemon game, but it's the one I definitely enjoyed the most.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even if Nintendo was involved, they can't stop people from distributing the preexisting FINISHED game around the internet.

Guess, I'll try to find a fan server now.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I've been noticing that while we had discussions what our least favorite Pokemon generations were, we haven't had a single discussion about our favorite main series Pokemon games yet.

Since this is Pokemon's 20th anniversary and this question is just perfect for the occasion, this calls for a poll.

My choice went to Pokemon Platinum. I enjoyed the Diamond/Pearl games, but Platinum fixed some of their biggest flaws. The battle and surfing speeds were vastly improved, and the regional Pokedex finally incorporated those new evolutions that were National-Dex only in Diamond/Pearl, thus allowing Gym Leaders and Elite Four to have their entire teams consist of Pokemon of their types. Team Galactic also improved story-wise, and you also had enjoyable new characters such as Looker, Thornton, and Darach. The Wifi Plaza and the Global Terminal were also amazing additions. The game also has a really good post-game, and it provided a fun and great challenge throughout the adventure. The Sinnoh Pokemon also have my favorite designs in the entire series; in fact, there are very few that I actually dislike. I also really enjoyed traveling across Sinnoh; most memorable region for me, with Hoenn close behind.

Overall, I love Platinum because it took everyone I loved about the Diamond/Pearl games and improved on its flaws. I wouldn't say it is the perfect Pokemon, but it's the game I definitely enjoyed the most.
I just said X/Y because 1) I like being the underdog that actually likes that game and 2) Diamond/Pearl/ and platinum is to easy to pick

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Even if Nintendo was involved, they can't stop people from distributing the preexisting FINISHED game around the internet.

Guess, I'll try to find a fan server now.
They can if they need money to keep updating servers and stuff because then they are making a profit from their trademark

Last edited:

Overall, I love Platinum because it took everyone I loved about the Diamond/Pearl games and improved on its flaws. I wouldn't say it is the perfect Pokemon, but it's the game I definitely enjoyed the most.
Black and White by a mile. have yet to get to 2, but B/W is super awesome

Fun locations and decent characters. And the dex is awesome. I like or love nearly every pokemon in the dex. Only Kanto shares that honor. Also it's one of only pokemon game I feel had a good finale, the other being from Johto.
Fighting the elite 4, followed by A battle with a legendary, an EPIC battle with N with each of you using a legendary, and then yet another awesome boss.
****ing awesome

:061:

D

Deleted member

Making me choose between BW and B2W2 is cruel
Went with BW because it's the first
I feel like B2W2 improved in every aspect from BW but I like the idea of only having Unova Pokemon in the main game, the story and it's also the OG one

The "Moon throwing Pikachu" meme isn't going to die anytime soon, will it? :p
I'm still waiting for the inevitable twin towers one

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You're not a fan of Akira Toriyama?

That's what actually drew me into the series, I always loved Dragon Ball
Not a bit. With the exception of a few characters within Dragon Ball (which I'm also not a really big fan of) all of the characters look like egg heads. The styles of other characters look so similar that I often mistake characters for others. It's weird and distracting. Not a fan.
With the Ubisoft thing, here's my take on it.

For one thing, I picked up on a line that basically outright stated that if the NX doesn't go well then they'll happily pack their bags the same way they did with the Wii U.

For another, whatever they have planned for it is going to be wild and crazy or at the very least new, their logic being that with a gimmick system people don't have any expectations set up and only have reviews to go off of.

In a way it's sort of the only time they get to stretch their wings, since their take seems to be that on "normal" systems they have to exclusively pander to whatever series are already popular because that's what makes the most money.

And although this isn't necessarily Nintendo related, in terms of VR their intention is to make games that are flat out just interactive movies instead of being like typical games.

So basically TL;DR Ubisoft isn't even remotely a lock for anything past launch, but they do intend to throw some stuff at the wall and see what sticks because this is the only opportunity to do so they feel they get. And because they have more than one game lined up other than Just Dance, it's likely they'll take to the launch with at least slightly more gusto than they did with the Wii U.
I won't be surprised in the least it they jump ship if NX fails to take off. Most to all 3rd parties would do that. Money is money business is business. I mean, did you see the third party support for SEGA consoles after the Genesis?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Went with Black/White, but seriously. Separating Black/White and Black 2/White 2 is cruel and unusual punishment since they continue the same story. :p

D

Deleted member

Why did no one tell me about this?
Screenshot_2016-09-21-20-54-51.png

It's so pretty though, finally a decent Smashfied in a long time, what was their last good one again? I think it was Shovel Knight
Not a bit. With the exception of a few characters within Dragon Ball (which I'm also not a really big fan of) all of the characters look like egg heads. The styles of other characters look so similar that I often mistake characters for others. It's weird and distracting. Not a fan.

I won't be surprised in the least it they jump ship if NX fails to take off. Most to all 3rd parties would do that. Money is money business is business. I mean, did you see the third party support for SEGA consoles after the Genesis?
Hey, I may not be a DB fan, but talking **** about Akira's artstyle is an offense to Chrono Trigger, and an offense to CT is an offense to my very own existence which is based purely on praising that game(and Gen 5 and EO(which all of you nerds should play btw) too but that's besides the point)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This could only end well

View attachment 118096
View attachment 118095
*Gets starter, first battle:

.... used metronome! ..... used self destruct!

"Well that was a good nuzlocke while it lasted!"

They can if they need money to keep updating servers and stuff because then they are making a profit from their trademark
Actually that might be the problem. The servers for uranium didn't require fan money, but perhaps a legal professional tipped them off that the might get in trouble if the servers require money to maintain as money with fan games is a problem, even if it doesn't directly influence the game.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl

HeartGold and SoulSilver. It remade what was once my favorite gen and improved upon most aspects. Sure, some stuff wasn't improved much (if at all) but it really felt like Johto had only changed for the better.
... Except for the fact that the Goldenrod City theme was butchered. I loved the original but the remade version sounds nothing like it.
Sun and Moon might take that spot away though. Aside from the Alolan forms I can't find one thing I dislike about them so far.

:094:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Myself as well. It's hard to put into words as to why I don't care for it as I do enjoy Dragon Ball. Ken Sugimori I think has spoiled me.

As a side note though, I'm in a similar position with the Final Fantasy series & Yo****aka Amano. Square Enix RPGs are supposed to be top tier, but I just can't get past the artstyles on a lot of their titles.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I went with Black 2/White 2 because of all the new stuff you can do compared to Black/White. PWT, Hidden Grottoes, PokéStar Studios, Black Tower/White Treehollow.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I feel like Black and White and it's sequels should be on one slot.
But I voted Black and white for what lead to a great new generation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just saw this, and that one guy is psychic:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
'Eyoooo
What's happened since the 8-9 hours since I came on? Any new news, nx release date reveal, stuff like that?
This could only end well

View attachment 118096
View attachment 118095
Hmmm......not as handsome as the actual husbando imo.
Also, aerodactyl not close enough to Pet Shop for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom