• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I voted for Emerald, as I've poured the most hours into that game.

B/W is a close second though.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I picked Platinum.

A lot of that mostly having to due with nostalgia. And also helping that it was a point to where I was really into Pokemon before I slowly stopped playing it. Which ended around X.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I pick Platinum, that game felt like a true journey to me; varied places that explored for hours, exciting battles thanks to the improved engine from DP, a bike with two speeds and great music.
Probably the game with the best atmosphere imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It was very though choice between Black & White and HeartGold and SoulSilver, but I ended up going with the latter. I enjoyed it slightly more.

Seriously, male Combee needs an evolution more than any of the Pokemon without evolutionary family.
*sees the results*

Glad to see people there are people of good taste. :shades:

D

Deleted member

Apparently, I'm the only one who thinks the two look similar.
Oh, you were talking about Horus, the Stand, itself
I was talking about Pet Shop itself, the Stand USER
Also guys...some speculatory food for thought regarding the starters and their evolutions...
Some things to note about the starters...they all have some humanoid hybrid qualities...and while a lot of starters do have such qualities, it's interesting to note that each one may be based off of a particular Cryptid, similarly to Lycanroc...

Rowlet being the Owlman, Litten being the Weretiger, and Popplio being the Mermaid....

The Owlman is a legend that is similar to the Mothman, that originated in England in town of Mawnan in the county of Cornwall...In addition to their description of being a human-owl hybrid they are often described as having red eyes being a very prominent characteristic...it does appear that Rowlet's evolution indeed has red eyes also...

Weretigers are an actual legend, similar to werewolves, except well, tigers...The legend originated in India, that speak of creatures that are half-human and half-tiger...Some legends in southeast Asia speak of different tribes of people actually having the true form of animals, while Tibetans and natives of Yunnan, the Na-hsi took on the form of Tigers...

And I'm sure most of you are aware of Mermaids...but one interesting tidbit is that it is believed that the legend of Mermaids were inspired by the accounts of (more than likely drunk) sailors upon discovering these of all creatures...

I mean that does not look like a beautiful sea maiden
Although there are accounts of mermaid like beings in other Ancient mythologies including Greek...Sirens, while not necessarily the same as mermaids, are sometimes described to have a similar appearance as mermaids being a maiden with a fish's tail...

With all that said...I wonder if this holds more weight to the idea of the starters getting two forms for their final stages, since they have a secret in common with Rockruff and since Lycanroc is also based off of a Cryptid, as well as having a second form based off of the actual animal...
Regardless as time went on I have warmed up to the starters evolutions quite a bit more...Even Litten's, while I'm not a fan of the whole 'wrestler' motif I have to admit that it still has a pretty cool design...Will definitely be more appeasing if it does end up being a Dark type as well...Not necessarily because "ermagerd not anudder fire/fighting," but I just like Dark a lot more...
I'm getting a Litten and naming it Atsushi now
Still picking Popplio tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I've just realized fifteen minutes ago that it's Senran Kagura's 5th anniversary today (well in Japan).

I guess it was a lucky guess on my part, or even a gut feeling.
*checks*

...huh, so it is. Well, here's to many more years of silly outfits, clothing damage, and floppy jello boobs.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Besides the Team Magma hideout in Jagged Pass, the Steven fight in Meteor Falls that wouldn't make sense in the version, what else was cut?

Battle Frontier got trimmed to what X/Y had, yeah.
But the Delta Episode damn well made up for the rest.
Well the Battle frontier is the big one. The MASSIVE one. Without it the post game feels like a token gesture. They litterally copy/pasted X&Y's one. I can't understate how that hurt ORAS in my eyes. I also miss Groudon and Kyogre clashing but I know that it wouldn't work for the split game thing. Almost everythign else about ORAS was an improvement.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Well the Battle frontier is the big one. The MASSIVE one. Without it the post game feels like a token gesture. They litterally copy/pasted X&Y's one. I can't understate how that hurt ORAS in my eyes. I also miss Groudon and Kyogre clashing but I know that it wouldn't work for the split game thing. Almost everythign else about ORAS was an improvement.
well ya oras didnt have the battle frontier....because that was only introduced in emerald and seeing as oras was very much a ruby/saphire remake down to the pitiful leader/elite4 teams there was no way they would actually bring back the frontier for oras

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
well ya oras didnt have the battle frontier....because that was only introduced in emerald and seeing as oras was very much a ruby/saphire remake down to the pitiful leader/elite4 teams there was no way they would actually bring back the frontier for oras
Eusine wasn't in Gold or Silver but he was brought back for the remakes.

"Not being an Emerald remake" had nothing to do with the absence of the Battle Frontier. They even gave their official reason, and it was that they deemed it "too hard," which is an absolute shame.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Counter argument, Heart Gold and Soul Silver included elements from Pokemon Crystal, including Eucine and Suicune being the only Dog that stays and fights like instead of being a pain. Still, we're talking about how I feel about it, not whatever standards the Pokemon team was working with.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Counter argument, Heart Gold and Soul Silver included elements from Pokemon Crystal, including Eucine and Suicune being the only Dog that stays and fights like instead of being a pain. Still, we're talking about how I feel about it, not whatever standards the Pokemon team was working with.
counter counter point fire red and elaf green did not inclue any of the changes yellow made so hear gold and soul silver are an exception not a rule

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*Seeing all those post of people liking Pokemon Platinium fill you with Determination*
Snif...It make me so nostalgic.
Even if Diamong was the first Pokemon game I ever have and played. Platinium will still be my favourite Pokemon in my heart.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of remakes, I really hope that when they remake Diamond and Pearl, they'll use the Platinum Pokedex.
I mean, my entire team in Platinum had Pokemon that were also available in DP, but I can imagine how annoying it is to choose a starter that's not Chimchar and then have Ponyta as the only option for a Fire type on your team.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of remakes, I really hope that when they remake Diamond and Pearl, they'll use the Platinum Pokedex.
I mean, my entire team in Platinum had Pokemon that were also available in DP, but I can imagine how annoying it is to choose a starter that's not Chimchar and then have Ponyta as the only option for a Fire type on your team.
Come to think of it, The Gen 4 Platinum dex would only have one additional slot added with Sylveon. I wonder if Cross-gen evolution will ever return or if they dropped it entirely, bar Eevee.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
counter counter point fire red and elaf green did not inclue any of the changes yellow made so hear gold and soul silver are an exception not a rule
And to counter that, Yellow isn't the third version. Blue is. But so little was added to that that it didn't matter, while Yellow involved a complete gameplay overhaul with Pikachu.

And, you know, the fact that the official reason had nothing to do with it not being an Emerald remake.

Happening two out of three times doesn't make something a rule, especially since the first time had nothing to change.

D

Deleted member

Emerald update:
Team:
Leafofold
Chip
Rox
Flash
Volcan
Atlantis
I got through Victory Road and defeated Wally in the process... Unfortunetly I had to temporarily deposit Flash and Chip into the PC in order to make room for Sableye and Linoone, and I had to sacrifice half of the Exp my team was getting in order to prevent my bag getting filled up with useless items (In case you haven't understood, I gave Linoone the Exp share because of her pickup abillity) And now, the grinding session is going to be longer, and there are ****ing wild Aron, Makuhita, Zubat and Whismur that give little to no exp whatsoever, even with the lucky egg. whyyyy

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Nice! I won a bid. I was the only bidder so I managed to get it at the lowest possible price of $9.95 + $2.62 shipping.

It's this Killer Instinct t-shirt and controller skin:
That reminds me that RAAM got two great (and much needed) buffs.
- Shadow Kryll Rush moves 50% faster across the screen and is now immune to projectiles.
- After any successful Kryll Rush, RAAM is now immune to projectiles for the duration of the stab animation.
Plus it's easier to do Ultras with him now

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Thought dump real quick.

Dragon Quest's art style always turns me off the games before I even get a chance to play them.
That's interesting, haven't heard anyone say that for DQ yet until now. Well, whenever you get past it you will always look forward to the next title. DQ 11 looks great, imo. Would definitely get it if I somehow get an NX.
Everyone is talking about the :4bayonetta: amiibo and surprisingly no details on :4cloud: or :4corrin:.
Because Platinum Games are kind and they know how much we want to simply see them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I logged into the pokecommunity and found out I got accepted for the daily writing staff! Pretty hyped for that! I can write articles for the site and get a cool banner!

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
And to counter that, Yellow isn't the third version. Blue is. But so little was added to that that it didn't matter, while Yellow involved a complete gameplay overhaul with Pikachu.

And, you know, the fact that the official reason had nothing to do with it not being an Emerald remake.

Happening two out of three times doesn't make something a rule, especially since the first time had nothing to change.
no one counts blue as the "third" version mainly because it didnt add anything outside of wild jinx but if we are to count japanese blue lets refer to the third version as the delux version in which cse yellow is infact the delux version because each gen has some overhaul version (yellow, crystal emerald, platinum ect ect)(the execeptions being gen 5 and 6)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
no one counts blue as the "third" version mainly because it didnt add anything outside of wild jinx but if we are to count japanese blue lets refer to the third version as the delux version in which cse yellow is infact the delux version because each gen has some overhaul version (yellow, crystal emerald, platinum ect ect)(the execeptions being gen 5 and 6)
It doesn't matter if "no one" counts it, JPN Blue is the third version. It's no shock that FRLG didn't follow Yellow, because the Pikachu-as-the-only-starter thing is a whole lot less remake friendly since it's a huge gameplay overhaul, not something like adding Eusine/Battle Frontier/Distortion World.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Very few count Blue as the third version because Blue is essentially what we got as our 'initial pair' for non-Japanese releases. In Japan, it could very well be seen as a third version of sorts because it was an update to the original games.

Edit: :4greninja:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
HOLY FRIGGIN' CRAP! I LOVE this "Official Unofficial" server for Pokémon Uranium so much!

Not only are they fixing bugs/errors and providing online, but they are also improving things and ADDING new content too (like a Move Tutor and previously unobtainable TM's!)

It's almost like official support for the game never died!

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
as far as remakes go id like to see diamond/Pearl or even red/blue/yellow in oras/alola graphics, (also i want the return of pokemon following you)

D

Deleted member

More than anything, I want a Platinum remake (I don't care how unrealistic it is, I still want it) and especially Black/White remakes, because as I previously mentioned, BW are my favorite Pokemon games, with Platinum being in the top 5.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
More than anything, I want a Platinum remake (I don't care how unrealistic it is, I still want it) and especially Black/White remakes, because as I previously mentioned, BW are my favorite Pokemon games, with Platinum being in the top 5.
if they did black/white remakes (which i feel they'd have to do gen 4 before doing gen 5) i wonder how they'd implement black/white 2 into it, or have 2 be the remake, or keep them seperate and get another 2 sets of gen 5 games

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
RIP
To be fair, we knew about that for a while as the quotes posted earlier in this thread are pretty much exactly as he says: they don't share a secret, both happen to have a secret. So it doesn't change much in discussing the possibility of their secrets being similar, it's just not a probability and shouldn't be completely expected.

D

Deleted member

if they did black/white remakes (which i feel they'd have to do gen 4 before doing gen 5) i wonder how they'd implement black/white 2 into it, or have 2 be the remake, or keep them seperate and get another 2 sets of gen 5 games
I personally hope they keep them seperate if they do remake BW2, but I think it could be very possible that they implement some of the locations from BW2 into the BW remakes, such as Aspertia City and Reversal Mountain.

Chrono.

To be fair, we knew about that for a while as the quotes posted earlier in this thread are pretty much exactly as he says: they don't share a secret, both happen to have a secret. So it doesn't change much in discussing the possibility of their secrets being similar, it's just not a probability and shouldn't be completely expected.
So... They do have a secret then?

Maybe it's just Z-Moves at this point.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if they would do another sequel instead. Where they finally put a closure to the whole "legendary trio dragons once being one" thing.... I don't think they fully wrapped that up yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom