• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The worst fear I have for a new director would be him not going through leaps and bounds to get new their parties or have old ones (:4sonic::4cloud::4ryu::4megaman::4pacman::4bayonetta:) return. I purposely left Snake out because he would never return as long as ****onami exists.

Another fear of mines would be adding one too many reps for a series based on popularity and relevancy (Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Mario being big ones). Even though Fire Emblem is already big enough thanks to three newcomers while Mario's gotten two with one returning veteran (:4drmario:).

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The worst fear I have for a new director would be him not going through leaps and bounds to get new their parties or have old ones (:4sonic::4cloud::4ryu::4megaman::4pacman::4bayonetta:) return. I purposely left Snake out because he would never return as long as ****onami exists.

Another fear of mines would be adding one too many reps for a series based on popularity and relevancy (Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Mario being big ones). Even though Fire Emblem is already big enough thanks to three newcomers while Mario's gotten two with one returning veteran (:4drmario:).
This. R.I.P. Snake, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Frogger, or any other good Konami candidates.

The cuts are another thing I can be concerned for. Like the new director reflecting on the backlash Wii Fit Trainer got and cut her just to satisfy those fans. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl more than a salty's scaly skin.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Who would you get to direct a new Smash?

A younger person? An older director?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The new director would be stupid to cut Wii Fit Trainer after the sales that it's gotten on the Wii years ago. Sure Wii Fit U flopped, but that was more of the Wii U's fault along with Nintendo giving people the option of getting the game for free with old accessories and new ones.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Me.
Finally.
My vision will be seen.
Let all logic fall before me.
Beg, peasants, for your new go---
Oh.
Went a little far there.
I'd probably go with a younger director just because of the hope they'd have a bit closer feeling to the fanbase at hand.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This. R.I.P. Snake, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Frogger, or any other good Konami candidates.

The cuts are another thing I can be concerned for. Like the new director reflecting on the backlash Wii Fit Trainer got and cut her just to satisfy those fans. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl more than a salty's scaly skin.
What really disturbs me is that nearly EVERY character I like gets that reaction from people.

If the wrong person took the helm, I might not even have a reason to play Smash anymore. I basically came to the series for :4lucario::4sonic: and they're two of the biggest hate magnets in the franchise. Never mind me seeing people hyped for KI:U and FE:A during 2013 and my gradually getting into those only for it to backfire spectacularly the following year. :/

I can only hope that whoever takes the torch will have the heart to not remove things just because the scum of the fandom tells them to.

D

Deleted member

My concern with a new director would be cutting beloved veterans who haven't made any non-Smash appearances in a while in favor of more "relevant" characters. (For example, replacing :4shulk: with a newer Xenoblade protagonist that plays much differently.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See, here's what I foresee if there's a new developer:
I can't. Because I don't know what they'd do.

Unless I know who it if (if there is), I can't say for certain what would happen. Maybe they would be better, maybe they would be worse. Who knows?

I can build all the strawmans I want. But they would pale in comparison to an actual human being.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

A younger person is a no brainer really. You need some young blood to keep it going and they'd be more in touch than an older director.

Talking specifics then Iron Galaxy. They'd do the characters plenty of justice going by how they handled Rash, Arbiter and RAAM in KI.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Someone who at least got some experience working with Sakurai multiple times. That way, he would have an idea of what to think when making decisions for the roster and gameplay.

Part of me wants Harada to work on Smash, but the way he thinks with Tekken won't be that appropriate for Smash given his heavy hardcore experience.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Interesting question.

I think I'll go with a system of checks and balances, actually.

A younger director, an older director, and some sort of panel of individuals. A basic set of rules is established that all three have to play by, and each one has to get the approval of the other two before an idea can move forward.

A fan feedback system would also be implemented and used to guide development to an extent, but only a small percentage of the feedback would actually be used because Sturgeon's Law is a pretty big thing and even the stuff that doesn't fall under it can be wildly contradictory.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
They are pretty good, which is why this should be mentioned:

There's a free sonic anniversary theme you can download right now! It's simple but nice with some sonic heros music. It's free, so if interested, get it! It's pretty cool to have this one.

Sega's the only company to give out free themes, so good job Sega! And there are a few other new sonic ones as well available to buy.
I got them all last night and Im going on the classic theme right now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why is it that fan games always seem to notch up the difficulty by ten? I mean, I love a good challenge and it makes me even more skilled at whatever the main series game is, even incredibly easier at times. But it is a little strange that so many increase the difficulty by so much when that sort of shortens the appeal, going by a broad sense of people, of course.

Just something I caught on after playing a lot of fan games this year. And when I'm talking difficulty spikes, I'm talking HUGE difficulty spikes. Though that's one of the things I love about fan games, that and other tendencies like fitting into the already existing canon very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But think about it this way, it would be a perfect excuse to have both Jin and Heihachi in Smash. :troll:
Now that I think about it, it's not such a bad idea if we can have two Tekken newcomers. Especially the hottest one in the franchise. Oh baby.

D

Deleted member

Smash is very different from Tekken, but I suppose Harada could make a decent effort with Smash 5.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I only want one character from Tekken. That being Heihachi of course because he's the face of that series. Jin, Kazuya, and all the other important Tekken characters can be trophies instead. Yoshimitsu as an Assist Trophy would be neat I bet.

As for the whole Director topic i'm not 100% sure if I want Sakurai to stay or leave. For one I do respect his work he's put in over the years for Smash Bros but on the other hand the guy's arm is messed up and stuff so I would rather not see him cause himself bodily harm again lol. That and because I disagree with some of Sakurai's decision making for this Smash Bros. A younger director can either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how said individual goes about making the game which is why I lean more towards having a new director with Sakurai still having the final say on things.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Smash is very different from Tekken, but I suppose Harada could make a decent effort with Smash 5.
Well Pokken is Tekken with Pokemon, right? Who directed that?

*heads to Wikipedia*

. . .So Harada was a producer but a guy named Haruki Suzaki was the director. Alright.

I just thought of that because Pokken went out of it's way to include a couple of fighters with unusual body shapes basically just to prove it could. The ability for individuals to think outside the box is pretty important in terms of Smash, so a desire to show how to shake things up is worth at least contemplating.

. . .Wait, whatever happened with Darkrai, anyway? The data was added to the game and then I don't remember ever hearing anything about the Wii U version getting him.

. . .My mind is starting to wonder about the NX getting a Pokken port now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally if anyone had to replace Sakurai, I'd want it to be someone who's a veteran in creating fighting games. That I feel would do a lot for the franchise.

On the other hand, people would probably start complaining the games would be more about balance than characters.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Personally if anyone had to replace Sakurai, I'd want it to be someone who's a veteran in creating fighting games. That I feel would do a lot for the franchise.

On the other hand, people would probably start complaining the games would be more about balance than characters.
Which is why i'm hesitant of the idea of a new director taking over.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The series I want them to expand the most are:
Zelda, Metroid, DK, KI and XC. Also retain all 3rd party's currently in the game and add 2-3 great new ones, minimum, and not from already represented franchises.

Also, no more Mario characters...pls.
FE.....depends on if/who they cut and/or who they add.

Thank you for listening to this bs list of demands hopes.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's time for another poll question in light of Pokemon's 20th anniversary!

Who is your favorite villainous leader from a main series Pokemon game? Answer in the poll below!

http://www.strawpoll.me/11294552

You can only pick one so choose wisely!

For those that want an explanation for some of the choices in the poll...

Archer is probably the oddball compared to the others. After reading the suggestions from a few days ago and thinking about it to myself, I decided to consider Archer as a villainous leader, mainly because he's the lead executive of Team Rocket and is pretty much in charge of the evil organization compared to the other executives. You can even tell since he's the one that leads the Goldenrod Radio Tower takeover.

Why Ghetsis but no N or Colress? Because Ghetsis is the true leader of both Team Plasma and Neo-Plasma in the generation 5 games.

In summary, I chose people who were the true leaders of the organization during the course of the game.

As for who I chose...

It was a tough call between Maxie and Cyrus, but I'm going go with the underdog choice, Maxie. He's another character who improved greatly in the remakes similar to Wally. I'm a fan of the strategic and calculating villains, and Maxie is no exception. I like how he wants to expand land in the hopes of improving human innovation. He's got a great design too (dem glasses).

Cyrus was also a great villain IMO. Wanting to destroy the universe so that he can become a god and create a new one that would fit his vision? Pretty sweet.

Archie, Lysandre, and Ghetsis are all at a close second. Archie because he had a neat goal with the whole "expand the sea to restore lost Pokemon habitat," though I prefer Maxie over him both design and personality wise. I thought Lysandre was an interesting character with neat aspirations, though he's far better in the anime than in the games. Ghetsis strove for world domination like a typical villain, but his psychopathic nature and the way he treats N makes him pretty memorable.

As for Archer and Giovanni? *Yawn*, they bore me.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Who is your favorite villainous leader from a main series Pokemon game? Answer in the poll below!

Archer is probably the oddball compared to the others. After reading the suggestions from a few days ago and thinking about it to myself, I decided to consider Archer as a villainous leader, mainly because he's the lead executive of Team Rocket and is pretty much in charge of the evil organization compared to the other executives. You can even tell since he's the one that leads the Goldenrod Radio Tower takeover.

Why Ghetsis but no N or Colress? Because Ghetsis is the true leader of both Team Plasma and Neo-Plasma in the generation 5 games.

In summary, I chose people who were the true leaders of the organization during the course of the game.

As for who I chose...

It was a tough call between Maxie and Cyrus, but I'm going go with the underdog choice, Maxie. He's another character who improved greatly in the remakes similar to Wally. I'm a fan of the strategic and calculating villains, and Maxie is no exception. I like how he wants to expand land in the hopes of improving human innovation. He's got a great design too (dem glasses).

Cyrus was also a great villain IMO. Wanting to destroy the universe so that he can become a god and create a new one that would fit his vision? Pretty sweet.

Archie, Lysandre, and Ghetsis are all at a close second. Archie because he had a neat goal with the whole "expand the sea to restore lost Pokemon habitat," though I prefer Maxie over him both design and personality wise. I thought Lysandre was an interesting character with neat aspirations, though he's far better in the anime than in the games. Ghetsis strove for world domination like a typical villain, but his psychopathic nature and the way he treats N makes him pretty memorable.

Cyrus...
I could not take Team Galactic, grunts or admins, very seriously because of how ridiculous they were with their bizarre space wear...but Cyrus himself is a different story entirely...and so far he had the most devastating goal out of all team leaders...literally wanting to wipe out the entire universe and build a new one based on his own visions and ambitions...

You know he means business...

Also his ace is a Weavile

Chrono.

As for who I chose...

Hmm.

This made me realize that I don't really care for the villians, so I had to opt out of voting.

Luckily I'm really interested to see where they go with Guzma and/or the Aether Foundation,

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I voted Ghetsis for being the only one to pose a real threat.
Seconded. His Hydreigon in Black sweeped my whole team multiple times and I had to rely on a Quick Claw Darmanitan to defeat it.
You weren't talking about his team, were you?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Seconded. His Hydreigon in Black sweeped my whole team multiple times and I had to rely on a Quick Claw Darmanitan to defeat it.
Four.
Four times I've faced that beast.
White: Samurott with Revenge into Quick Claw'd Ice Beam.
Black: Beartic with Icicle crash after it missed with Fire Blast twice....
White 2: Meinshao HJK.
Black 2: Scrafty HJK.

I want a remake already so I can use fairy to utterly destroy it after that hell.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey, DYKG actually used Source Gaming as a source! Just not in a video you would expect them to. @PushDustIn
5:42
Let's be real, having anime or cartoon characters in Smash would have been a terrible idea from the get go.

Spongebob, Goku, Steven Universe, Shrek, Godzilla, they are no more deserving than your average third party character.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ghetsis's infamous Hydreigon...

Actually was able to handle it effectively in my current playthrough as my Samurott has Revenge...it managed to take the hit and took his Hydreigon to the red and cleaned up with my STAB Mystic Water boosted Aqua Jet...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
All this Pokemon talk makes me feel like replaying one of the main games again, too bad I don't have them any more apart from Pokemon Y and Yellow, which I ironically am not that interested in replaying either of them despite that.

Maybe I should try and complete Yellow though before Sun and Moon comes out....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, DYKG actually used Source Gaming as a source! Just not in a video you would expect them to. @PushDustIn
5:42
I can understand why Sakurai won't add any non-video game characters in Smash. Aside from the series being centered around video game characters fighting each other and most of these requests being jokes, I can imagine the licensing being a pain to deal with.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let's be real, having anime or cartoon characters in Smash would have been a terrible idea from the get go.

Spongebob, Goku, Steven Universe, Shrek, Godzilla, they are no more deserving than your average third party character.
Exactly. As much as I love Luffy or Luckyman, I want neither of them in Smash. Like isn't the whole point of the games are to play as your favorite Nintendo or gaming characters?

Adding cartoon of anime characters in Smash would be a rubbish ideal IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom