• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Ghetius is my favorite leader, he's pretty bad *** and done well as a character.

Now for a potentially massive Pokemon anime Spoiler on the fate of Greninja:

If this is what it looks like, I'll be very disappointed. I hope and don't think it is though.
So he gets Pidgeot'd?

We're never seeing Greninja again aren't we.

...Also does he stay in perma Ash-Greninja form? lol

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I remember hearing Uranium's a mess in general, with a glitch that if a specific fakemon used a move, it couldn't get counter attacked. Also, they made a Titanic pokemon. No class
I've also heard the difficulty becomes a brick wall really fast.
Certain Pokemon are the nightmares of Smogon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys didn't see that coming?

What else was going to happen?

Transferred into the PC?

Chrono.

You guys didn't see that coming?

What else was going to happen?

Transferred into the PC?
Yeah.

PC = Oak's Lab.
I've also heard the difficulty becomes a brick wall really fast.
Certain Pokemon are the nightmares of Smogon.
This is also kinda true, I found myself grinding after just the first gym. Not to mention having to deal with absurd critical hit rates.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So he gets Pidgeot'd?

We're never seeing Greninja again aren't we.

...Also does he stay in perma Ash-Greninja form? lol
Yeah don't get the permanent form. People think it'll link back to the ninja village. I really hope it doesn't leave. That be kind of dumb and a waste of it's creation imo.

It could still be meant to trick fans. We'll know in a few weeks. It should really come back if released though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Gotta say i'm really liking what I see in the build. The gameplay looks like it can be just as fun as AW's and it has RPG elements as well with being able to upgrade your units as well, sort of like Super Famicom Wars. Loving the characters and lore of the game as well. Almost like the non-Nintendo version of AW lol.

I just hope the visuals of the game get improved because their quite lackluster really.

What do you think of this? Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 @RamOne @Champ Black Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
LOL that announcer sure is ambitious about the game based on the dialogue alone (the N.E.E.T. soldiers also gave me a laugh).

The game does sound like it can be as fun as the Wars games themselves, loving the character design too. I kind of agree that there needs to be some visual overhaul for the graphics as well since we don't need another Mighty No. 9. Though I'm kind of holding off on all Kickstarter support after what happened with said game as well (how could I be so stupid?).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I've been working on this:
Screenshot (24).png

Thoughts? And ignore the events, they are just there for the moment.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
LOL that announcer sure is ambitious about the game based on the dialogue alone (the N.E.E.T. soldiers also gave me a laugh).

The game does sound like it can be as fun as the Wars games themselves, loving the character design too. I kind of agree that there needs to be some visual overhaul for the graphics as well since we don't need another Mighty No. 9. Though I'm kind of holding off on all Kickstarter support after what happened with said game as well (how could I be so stupid?).
Yeah i'm cautious about backing the game despite me enjoying it's premise and what it can bring. If I do back the game it will probably the the $20 dollar option that gets me a digital copy of the game. And yeah lets hope we don't have another Mighty No. 9 on our hands lol. I don't even see how the game can regress to that level really.

With all the spiritual successors AW has floating around (Warbits, Super Senso, and Tiny Metal) you'd think Nintendo would finally get off their collective asses (read that sentence in the voice of the narrator from the video I posted) and finally release a new game in the series. NX revival plz.
So I've been working on this:
View attachment 118186

Thoughts? And ignore the events, they are just there for the moment.
I guess that's a city for a Pokemon fan game? Presumably the starting town.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm literally listening to Christmas music and it's not the holidays yet. Seems legit.

Gotta say i'm really liking what I see in the build. The gameplay looks like it can be just as fun as AW's and it has RPG elements as well with being able to upgrade your units as well, sort of like Super Famicom Wars. Loving the characters and lore of the game as well. Almost like the non-Nintendo version of AW lol.

I just hope the visuals of the game get improved because their quite lackluster really.

What do you think of this? Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 @RamOne @Champ Black Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
I have no problems with this game at all, except a little boost with the graphics. I can get that most indie games want to go for a retro approach with the visuals, but it's kind of getting a bit old IMO. Just roughen up the models and add a little more color is all I have to say.

Nothing to say about the concept or gameplay since I do get that AW vibe out of it easily. Love the little trailer since it does feel like a drill sergeant talking to you as his personal private. Is it wrong that I never really supported a Kickstarter before (not like I want to jump dead in with my wallet's worth expecting something good like a certain failure)?

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
sometimes life kicks you in the gut, but you have to stick around for the sweet stuff. sometimes you get screwed. other times, things work out!

at least, that's what I've learned these past few days.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ghetius is my favorite leader, he's pretty bad *** and done well as a character.

Now for a potentially massive Pokemon anime Spoiler on the fate of Greninja:

If this is what it looks like, I'll be very disappointed. I hope and don't think it is though.
Do you have a source for the image? I'm skeptical of its legitimacy at the moment because the low quality combined with the very thin outline looks more like fan art than an actual clip from the episode.

I wouldn't want Greninja to leave Ash because of all the development it got, yet it would make a pretty emotional scene if it did so for the sake of protecting Kalos.

Wow, I'm getting Archer from Fate/Stay Night vibes just thinking about that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm literally listening to Christmas music and it's not the holidays yet. Seems legit.

I have no problems with this game at all, except a little boost with the graphics. I can get that most indie games want to go for a retro approach with the visuals, but it's kind of getting a bit old IMO. Just roughen up the models and add a little more color is all I have to say.

Nothing to say about the concept or gameplay since I do get that AW vibe out of it easily. Love the little trailer since it does feel like a drill sergeant talking to you as his personal private. Is it wrong that I never really supported a Kickstarter before (not like I want to jump dead in with my wallet's worth expecting something good like a certain failure)?
Yeah. I just feel this game needs a graphical upgrade because other than that i'm really liking it.

You don't have to feel obligated to kickstart it. I'm considering whether or not to kickstart it though i'm leaning towards the former. If anything you can choose to buy or not buy the game when it's released in June.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah i'm cautious about backing the game despite me enjoying it's premise and what it can bring. If I do back the game it will probably the the $20 dollar option that gets me a digital copy of the game. And yeah lets hope we don't have another Mighty No. 9 on our hands lol. I don't even see how the game can regress to that level really.

With all the spiritual successors AW has floating around (Warbits, Super Senso, and Tiny Metal) you'd think Nintendo would finally get off their collective ***** (read that sentence in the voice of the narrator from the video I posted) and finally release a new game in the series. NX revival plz.

I guess that's a city for a Pokemon fan game? Presumably the starting town.
Yes, you are correct!
Do you have a source for the image? I'm skeptical of its legitimacy at the moment because the low quality combined with the very thin outline looks more like fan art than an actual clip from the episode.

I wouldn't want Greninja to leave Ash because of all the development it got, yet it would make a pretty emotional scene if it did so for the sake of protecting Kalos.

I don't know where it comes from yet but it was posted on the pokecommunity in the catch/release thread for the anime. IT seems to be connected to the fan magazine that came out a few days ago detailing the upcoming episodes of the anime and Sun and Moons.

D

Deleted member

I voted for Cyrus because he actually felt intimidating in my opinion. Plus his battle theme was the best, and that's saying something since all Evil Team Leaders had good battle theme.
I like the other evil Team Leaders as well (except for Archer, he was really forgettable)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't know where it comes from yet but it was posted on the pokecommunity in the catch/release thread for the anime. IT seems to be connected to the fan magazine that came out a few days ago detailing the upcoming episodes of the anime and Sun and Moons.
I guess I'll have to wait for the next scan of that fan magazine to see if that image will pop up again.

If Greninja does leave Ash, I think it would be a golden opportunity for "Tears After a Cloudy Weather" to play during that scene in order to enhance the feels, but I have a feeling they'll play the AZ theme like they did in the other sad/emotional scenes should they go that route.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys; apparently, there is a theory going around about Paper Mario: Color Splash (especially with the accidental release of the full game a few days ago) related to the final boss. Possible spoilers below, read on if you dare:

It is theorized that Roy Koopa is the final boss of the game. Evidence to go around this are that there are music files by the name "Blue Roy" and "Black Roy", the fact Roy's name is literally part of the Roygivb color list, he does not really make an appearance compared to the other Koopalings in the game as it is said, and the fact his wand in the main Mario games has a black orb on it (which could easily be associated with the Black Paint Star, the evil paint star). Honestly, it would be interesting to see a Koopaling take over as the main threat of the game rather then Bowser for a change. Maybe Bowser is a pawn to Roy? Also, Paper Jam had Roy question why no paper counterparts of him existed, so you gotta wonder what was going on behind the scenes... perhaps the ending of Paper Jam started the events of Paper Mario: Color Splash after Paper Mario jumped into the book?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well guys; apparently, there is a theory going around about Paper Mario: Color Splash (especially with the accidental release of the full game a few days ago) related to the final boss. Possible spoilers below, read on if you dare:

It is theorized that Roy Koopa is the final boss of the game. Evidence to go around this are that there are music files by the name "Blue Roy" and "Black Roy", the fact Roy's name is literally part of the Roygivb color list, he does not really make an appearance compared to the other Koopalings, and the fact his wand in the main Mario games has a black orb on it. Honestly, it would be interesting to see a Koopaling take over as the main threat of the game rather then Bowser for a change. Maybe Bowser is a pawn to Roy? Also, Paper Jam had Roy question why no paper counterparts of him existed, so...
Glad to see my boy :4feroy:is getting love even outside his series.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That green house up the top in the middle looks like it's floating to me.
It's leaned on the trees sort of. It's designed differently so it sticks out a bit. I can see that though. I might move or replace it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Remember those Fire Emblem Fates Drama CDs that I talked about two months ago? They were released three days ago, and I've been searching for pictures of an unboxing of this collection because the complete edition was supposed to come with brand new official character arts, but I haven't had any luck online as of yet, whether it'd be Serenes Forest, Twitter, or Tumblr...

...Though I did find this clever comic from Final Smash Comic while I was searching for official art pictures on Tumblr.

Bayonetta sure triggered Corrin there...

Has anyone had any luck finding some pictures of the official character arts from the drama CDs, or perhaps even the audio from said CDs themselves online?
Reading this with my own unrelated headcanons running full blast because why not. Not really that related, just. . .having fun here.

I already figured Corrin just outright bailed during that fight in the Smash timeline (considering the other Branches of Fate it's probably by far the best call anyway, at least in terms of getting everyone to get along), although in my imagination at some point I almost kind of expect the two to start storming wherever the Smash characters live/hang out at trying to get Corrin back, all while arguing the whole way. Hilarity ensues.

On a more minor note, I see Pit's allowed within gawking distance of Bayo without anything too horrible happening to him, so I'm guessing things have improved since her trailer.

As for why. . .well I like people to get along so I've thought of this before. Personality wise Pit is an extremely bad fit for getting Bayo to warm up to him on a number of levels, but there is a scenario for things to start getting less tense without intervention. Pit's got his whole "protector of the human race" thing going on to the point that he flips out if he finds out he hurts someone and would fight against his closest friends if they turned against humanity, and while it won't uncover everything he's got at least enough glamour immunity to see the unseen. If he sees the wrong thing at the wrong time. . .something's getting a bowblade to the face, I'll say that much. Either Bayo catches him during an incident or he's gifting her what he picks up afterwards.

She won't stop trolling him or making him feel awkward, of course, but I'm assuming that would. . .remove some tension between the two. It's not like he even has a piece of quota to pick up anyway.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

It is theorized that Roy Koopa is the final boss of the game. Evidence to go around this are that there are music files by the name "Blue Roy" and "Black Roy", the fact Roy's name is literally part of the Roygivb color list, he does not really make an appearance compared to the other Koopalings in the game as it is said, and the fact his wand in the main Mario games has a black orb on it (which could easily be associated with the Black Paint Star, the evil paint star). Honestly, it would be interesting to see a Koopaling take over as the main threat of the game rather then Bowser for a change. Maybe Bowser is a pawn to Roy? Also, Paper Jam had Roy question why no paper counterparts of him existed, so you gotta wonder what was going on behind the scenes... perhaps the ending of Paper Jam started the events of Paper Mario: Color Splash after Paper Mario jumped into the book?
Can I say jumping the shark Feraligator? :160:

Being completely serious here, why would Bowser be usurped by one of his own minions (even one that happens to be his retconned son)?

Chrono.

"[In Dragon Quest VII] It takes around two hours to get to your first battle and with no detours, it takes around fifteen hours to unlock the job system."

I feel like I walked into hell.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can I say jumping the shark Feraligator? :160:

Being completely serious here, why would Bowser be usurped by one of his own minions (even one that happens to be his retconned son)?
Maybe Roy didn't take the retconning too well.
No one cuts Roy Koopa out of the family and gets away with it.

"[In Dragon Quest VII] It takes around two hours to get to your first battle and with no detours, it takes around fifteen hours to unlock the job system."

It only took me one hour to get to my first battle. 15 hours to get vocations? I saw people saying 20 and it took me 19.
The wait for vocations isn't really a bid deal though. I found the game immensely enjoyable beforehand and when you finally do get them, it just adds even more to the game.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

While I'm not sure it's the source, a friend of mine did show me this video a day ago from the Bulbapedia forums, which seems to be taken from a preview.

It seems to be legit, but I won't pretend to be an expert on the anime.

My main turtle may finally be getting the recognition he deserves, Roy is and always shall be the best Koopaling.

In all seriousness though, that would be an interesting twist. One of the things about the Koopalings is that they haven't done much with them as individuals in recent memory, so having one finally get a breakout role and do something on their own would be helpful in getting them to stand out more.

Chrono.

After doing some digging on a FAQs thread more evidence pops up to Bowser being the final boss.

As usual.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned you can switch a daylight sensor in minecraft to a moonlight sensor

I'm so stupid

I've been making inverse powered daylight sensor's for it to activate at night

After doing some digging on a FAQs thread more evidence pops up to Bowser being the final boss.

As usual.
As much as I like Bowser, they really should stop making him the main antagonist of the RPGs. It's just so boring and predictable.

Dream Team is an exception, though. Pretty much everybody probably expected Antasma to betray him, so Bowser being the main villain was a good twist.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So... This is Emma's theme from X and Y.

This is Gladion's theme. A recreation of what was heard in trailers but still...

They're really similar.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

And I thought Twilight Princess started slow...

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
You're a freaking genius.
Why I can't put more that one like?
xD Oh, come on, it's my Ridley, doing still like that isn't a big deal! But thank you!

Why do I expect him to say "I'm too freaking big.....if you know what I mean...." with that kind of face?

Though I think that joke's been done before. :p
xD Oh, you....hahaha! and yup, it has been done before.

Also, since I can't get my plushies out of the MOUNTAIN of other plushies and stuff, here's the first pic I took to the Godzilla beannie and King Ghidorah plushie, they are freakin' cute.

EDIT: Every uploader is broken now, geezus christ.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First of all. . neat!

Second of all, I owned revenge of the flying dutchman on PS2

I can confirm it was utterly broken. It was possible to break the game to be unwinnable with in about a minute or two. I have no idea how I made any progress in that garbage game as a kid.

I also played their other game, Jimmy Neutron)
Can confirm. Had Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, literally couldn't get passed the Krusty Krab due to an unwinnable glitch.

I had to restart so many times I can still remember SpongeBob butchering the note. "DAN-ger. Donut opeen, or elsee."

At least Battle for Bikini Bottom and the Movie Game were really good, especially for licensed games (and a TIE IN game in particular).

D

Deleted member

HeartGold update:
Team:
:156: Burney
:169: Robin
:180: McFluff
:079: Pokey
:070: Shmurda
:162: Joey
Removed Muscle from the party because I needed HMs.
I caught :185: and named it Dicktree for personal reasons
And that's it basically, other than that it was mostly grinding, though I did fight Silver in the burned tower and made the Legendary beasts run away, didn't have much time to do anything else
Also, Robin evolved into a Golbat and then into a Crobat one level later... Guess the haircut, Soothe Bell and the fact he never fainted helped. Shmurda also evolved, though only once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom