• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
While I'm not sure it's the source, a friend of mine did show me this video a day ago from the Bulbapedia forums, which seems to be taken from a preview.

It seems to be legit, but I won't pretend to be an expert on the anime.
Turns out the clip is actually legit. It came from the most recent episode of Oha Suta, and someone in the replies to that tweet posted a link to the video for proof. You can watch the full Greninja segment here. It starts at 20:57, but the specific scene where we see Ash and Greninja hug is at 21:14.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
just a reminder DQ7's intro was cut to a third of what it was on playstation

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

So... This is Emma's theme from X and Y.

This is Gladion's theme. A recreation of what was heard in trailers but still...

They're really similar.
Game Theory: Is Emma, Gladion? BIG SUN AND MOON LORE REVEALED!

:p

They sound a little similar, but Gladion's is paced quite differently. It will also probably sound different in the actual game. His theme makes me think of Looker atm. It will probably be fleshed out more. I like how it sounds though right now. It's pretty good. The music for Sun and Moon seems like it'll be some of the best imo.

And today, I'm officially 19!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Aipom's attack missed!
>Rattata used Crunch! Aipom's defense fell!
>Aipom's attack missed!
>Aipom's attack missed!
>Rattata used Crunch!
>Aipom! Come back!
>Rattata used Pursuit!
>Aipom fainted!
ARE. YOU. ****ING. KIDDING. ME?
RIP Okuyasu, died of bad RNG
Only two more levels and he would be able to evolve

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Aipom's attack missed!
>Aipom's attack missed!
>Aipom's attack missed!
>Rattata used Crunch!
>Aipom! Come back!
>Rattata used Pursuit!
>Aipom fainted!
ARE. YOU. ****ING. KIDDING. ME?
RIP Okuyasu, died of bad RNG
Only two more levels and he would be able to evolve
More like Okuyasu was being a ****ing idiot as usual

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so at this point i think we can all agree shovel knights become the indie mario because he just keeps showing up

like seriously im expecting a remake of cave story where shovel knight shows up at this point

Bananija

Count of Trickery

They sound a little similar, but Gladion's is paced quite differently. It will also probably sound different in the actual game. His theme makes me think of Looker atm. It will probably be fleshed out more. I like how it sounds though right now. It's pretty good. The music for Sun and Moon seems like it'll be some of the best imo.

Happy Birthday!

As for your theory, you may be on something. Some people think Gladion is linked to UB-02 Expension/Absorbtion right? Well Emma is wearing a suit called the Expension suit.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
so at this point i think we can all agree shovel knights become the indie mario because he just keeps showing up

like seriously im expecting a remake of cave story where shovel knight shows up at this point
I don't think there was ever any doubt about that.

I am a bit unsure about him showing up in everything though, I really hope the indie scene on consoles (Nintendo specifically since that's where Shovel Knight is most popular) doesn't become reduced to "you need Shovel Knight in your game for people to realise it exists". Saying this both as a consumer and as someone who is conceptualising their own indie game right now.

I'm fine with him being in Yooka-Laylee though because I don't think Yooka-Laylee is doing it for marketing, I feel like it already has enough of an audience to do well (not to mention being so successful on Kickstarter). That, and it's really cool to have a high quality 3D model of Shovel Knight, not to mention his voice is of a similar tone and pitch to what I always imagined. Some people also seem to think this may be who JonTron is voicing.

I also can't wait for the model to be ripped and inevitably be modded into Smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So Shovel Knight is in Yooka-Laylee.
I wonder if we'll see any more indie guests? Hoping for Shantae.
He's finally gotten a voice!

Congrats btw

Chrono.

So Shovel Knight is in Yooka-Laylee.
I wonder if we'll see any more indie guests? Hoping for Shantae.
YO YO HO HO YO HO HO YO HO HO YO HO HO YO YO YO HO HO
And I thought Twilight Princess started slow...
Supposedly the 3DS remake speeds things up considerable, but yeah.

DQVII has one of the longest main campaigns of any game, people usually clock in like a 100 hours when done. Of course that /was/ in the original PSX game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Shovel Knight in Yooka Laylee?
Damn, this guy is really becoming THE hero of Indie game at this point lol.
Not that's a bad thing, to me atleast.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Happy birthday!
He's finally gotten a voice!

Congrats btw
Thanks!
Happy Birthday!
As for your theory, you may be on something. Some people think Gladion is linked to UB-02 Expension/Absorbtion right? Well Emma is wearing a suit called the Expension suit.

Thank you!

I forgot that emma's suit was called that. Now I'll be disappointed if she doesn't show up. She got kind of neglected, but is a good character and could make for good re appearances.
I also can't wait for the model to be ripped and inevitably be modded into Smash.
I'd actually want to see this. The model is pretty nice. I also laughed at them saying he was finally a good npc to work with.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There'll be a trash can somewhere in the game with Beck's helmet in it.

Calling it now.

D

Deleted member

There'll be a trash can somewhere in the game with Beck's helmet in it.

Calling it now.
Playtonic should just pay homage to this from DKC2:

Beck's broken remains would be next to the trash can and the "no-hopers" sign.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d by SegaNintendoUbisoft.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, something like a call back with DKC2 with Sonic's shoes and Earthworm Jim's gun?
Something like that. Not sure who the second character could be though.

Maybe just have Sad Samus sitting in the trash can too.

Well, hello there! Where have you been?
At college mostly. And then busy with an online course when I get home. Also playing the new Ace Attorney as the new content for it rolls out.

...And also having a lady try to force the secrets of her heart inside me. That's always weird.

Damn, my cat is more clever than I though: It wanted to go to the chair I was sitting on. I didn't get up from the chair, so it started to play with a wire that was on the floor.

So, I got up and moved the wire to a table so it couldn't reach it... and meanwhile, it stole my chair.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And I thought Twilight Princess started slow...
I feel that Twilight Princess's opening is the limit for what I can tolerate for a slow start. I'd mention what games I gave up on due to slow starts but I'd prefer to keep my skin in tact.

And I REALLY want to do Fallout 4 with different builds but Sony decreed that the Console Peasants get no mods so I'm stuck with seeing 1950's america getting bombed and my husband/wife getting shot over and over.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Butt Butt looks fabulous in high quality 3D. Maybe Yacht Club and Playtonic could team up to create that 3D Shovel Knight game they want to make.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Butt Butt looks fabulous in high quality 3D. Maybe Yacht Club and Playtonic could team up to create that 3D Shovel Knight game they want to make.
Never thought of that. That could actually be a really worthwhile collaboration right there.

Maybe Shovel Knight will officially be considered part of the "Playtonic Universe" too.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Shantae should also have a cameo in Yooka-Laylee. It just seems unfortunate when she does not get the recognition she deserves when she existed before Shovel Knight ever did. Yes, Shovel Knight may be more well known by the general public due to him being a modern indie character, but Shantae will always have the honor of coming first as an indie character.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Shantae should have a cameo in Yooka-Laylee. It just seems unfortunate when she does not get the recognition she deserves when she existed before Shovel Knight ever did. Yes, Shovel Knight may be more well known by the general public due to him being a modern indie title, Shantae did come first.
However, Shantae might not even be able to be considered indie if one looks at the many games WayForward has made. More specifically, LICENCED games

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shantae should have a cameo in Yooka-Laylee. It just seems unfortunate when she does not get the recognition she deserves when she existed before Shovel Knight ever did. Yes, Shovel Knight may be more well known by the general public due to him being a modern indie title, Shantae did come first.
Seniority shouldn't be a reason for any character to get into anything. Seems to always be the last thing most developers care about.

I thought we learned this with Smash.

Not saying Shantae shouldn't appear in the game, but there are far better reasons one could list than seniority.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
However, Shantae might not even be able to be considered indie if one looks at the many games WayForward has made. More specifically, LICENCED games
Yeah, I guess I should stop saying she's specifically an indie character (especially with her upcoming Wii U game). She did start out as one, however, and that won't really change to me.

Seniority shouldn't be a reason for any character to get into anything. Seems to always be the last thing most developers care about.

I thought we learned this with Smash.

Not saying Shantae shouldn't appear in the game, but there are far better reasons one could list than seniority.
Meh; when it comes to Smash, Sakurai does tend to look at characters from the past (Duck Hunt being one example) in order to honor their history. Sure, Seniority should not play as a top factor for a game appearance in Smash or a cameo in Yooka-Laylee, but Shantae should still get more recognition for the history she has had; it just seems wrong Shovel Knight has gotten more recognition (amiibo, multiple cameos, etc.) compared to Shantae.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy birthday
More like Okuyasu was being a ****ing idiot as usual
It's not his fault Headbutt kept missing because of having a -1 accuracy debuff
Pickup was the ****, you know what's being in a cave without Repels but suddenly your Pokemon picks up one for you? Or getting a second King's ****ing Rock? The dude even soloed Morty's gym with a simple Shadow Claw TM
Abusing Exp. Share to train a Farfetch'd, never used one before so let's see how that goes
Also have a Meowth with Pickup now but she'll never be as good as the Za Hando Aipom

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ChikoLad ChikoLad I know you play it, so I have a question about download.

The Chinese Smash bros game, is there anyway to get it on IOS? I've only seen ways to get it on Android.
Happy birthday

It's not his fault Headbutt kept missing because of having a -1 accuracy debuff
Pickup was the ****, you know what's being in a cave without Repels but suddenly your Pokemon picks up one for you? Or getting a second King's ****ing Rock? The dude even soloed Morty's gym with a simple Shadow Claw TM
Abusing Exp. Share to train a Farfetch'd, never used one before so let's see how that goes
Also have a Meowth with Pickup now but she'll never be as good as the Za Hando Aipom
Thanks! And your sig is amazing!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Yeah, I guess I should stop saying she's specifically an indie character. She did start out as one, however.

Meh; Sakurai does tend to look at characters from the past (Duck Hunt being one example) in order to honor their history. Sure, Seniority should not play as a top factor, but Shantae should still get more recognition.
When Sakurai pulls a character from the past, it isn't because they are an old character, but because that specific character has interesting merits as a character to warrant bringing them back to the limelight.

Also, getting in because that character had historical influence is not the same as getting in because of seniority. You didn't say Shantae should be in Yooka-Laylee because she had more historical influence on the indie scene than Shovel Knight, you said she should get in because she's older than Shovel Knight. That's like saying you should give a "Best Entrepreneur" award to a man who created 5 moderately successful products in the last 10 years, over the guy who made 7 hugely successful products in the last 2 years, because the former man started first.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really excited about Shovel Knight in Yooka-Laylee. He fits in so well too!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Also, getting in because that character had historical influence is not the same as getting in because of seniority. You didn't say Shantae should be in Yooka-Laylee because she had more historical influence on the indie scene than Shovel Knight, you said she should get in because she's older than Shovel Knight. That's like saying you should give a "Best Entrepreneur" award to a man who created 5 moderately successful products in the last 10 years, over the guy who made 7 hugely successful products in the last 2 years, because the former man started first.
While I will admit in what I said about me stating she should get in due to being around longer then Shovel Knight, I also meant to consider her historical influence on the indie world. She has made an impact on it in more ways then one, which is why I believe she should get some more recognition to recognize that influence she had on future indie titles years later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom