• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Random question regarding Pokemon Protags...
Who do you prefer from each game?

Mostly based on design since most of them have the personality of a stone...
Red>Leaf
Ethan=Kris>>>>Lyra
Brendan=May
Dawn>Lucas
Hilda>Hilbert
Nate>Rosa
Serena>Calem
Selene>Chelios (I think that's their names, if not that's what I'm calling them for now since it references Sun and Moon rather well)

Osiris
I usually just play as the male protagonist, but I do have my preferences in terms of design
Red = Leaf
Ethan > Lyra > Kris
May > Brendan
Lucas > Dawn
Hilbert > Hilda
Nate = Rosa
Serena > Calem
Moon > Sun (Calling them that for now because we don't know their names yet)

Chrono.

The funny part is that in Moon and Sun in Spanish (Luna and Sol) are somewhat common names around where I live.

Of course you won't see many boys called Sol...

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I prioritized the more well-known games like OoT, Wind Waker, LttP (still need to beat more than the darkness palace) and the original. Only other games I got were Link's Awakening because it looked fun (easily top 3 Zelda games so far) and Spirit Tracks because it was rather cheap and I wanted something new
Minish Cap is genuinely my second favourite 2D Zelda. It's not hard in terms of dungeons but they are very creative and the whole game has it's challenges. The Minish gimick works and is implemented really well.

Highly recommended to anyone who has yet to play this.

As for myself, I still need to play TP HD. I have it but i don't have time to start anytime soon. I'd like to play SS whenever they do a remake too. I've played ALBW, LA, MC, OOT, WW and MM. (+HW)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I usually just play as the male protagonist, but I do have my preferences in terms of design
Red = Leaf
Ethan > Lyra > Kris
May > Brendan
Lucas > Dawn
Hilbert > Hilda
Nate = Rosa
Serena > Calem
As I said, I think I read somewhere that the Sun and Moon trainers were named Chelios and Selene...
Chelios, minus the C, is Helios, the Sun god; and Selene is the goddess of the moon...so it definitely works for the games while still sounding like relatively normal names...

I can't remember exactly where I read or if it was just a speculatory post or not, so until official confirmation it's what I'm going to be calling them for now...

D

Deleted member

As I said, I think I read somewhere that the Sun and Moon trainers were named Chelios and Selene...
Chelios, minus the C, is Helios, the Sun god; and Selene is the goddess of the moon...so it definitely works for the games while still sounding like relatively normal names...

I can't remember exactly where I read or if it was just a speculatory post or not, so until official confirmation it's what I'm going to be calling them for now...
I see.
I'm just using Sun and Moon as placeholders for their official names.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im starting to think the devs might leave the Trainers' names blank (by leaving them simply as Hero/Heroine) to motivate the player to put their own names and custumize them even more.

Hope that's not the case because I like to use the default player name.

Also I hope Glove World Girl isn't called Selene.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Im starting to think the devs might leave the Trainers' names blank (by leaving them simply as Hero/Heroine) to motivate the player to put their own names and custumize them even more.

Hope that's not the case because I like to use the default player name.

Also I hope Glove World Girl isn't called Selene.
You like using the preset names? I don't think I've ever played a Pokemon game with the actual names, aside from the rivals.

The only game I can think I've used the preset names are in Zelda games and once in Fire Emblem after Robin was revealed.

D

Deleted member

I always name my character Johnny (A nickname I made for myself based on my actual name) or Jane if I play as the girl (Which I rarely do).
However, I always give my rivals their canon names, regardless of whether I want to call them "Poop" or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always name my character Psycho or DarkVision

In Pokemon, at least, Psycho is usually a girl and DarkVision is usually a guy

However, lately I've been picking the same gender and styling them differently

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I usually name my trainers by different color names. A bit unoriginal, but I like it. I'll always start my first with the male trainer and my real name. The same goes for Moon. Not sure what I'm going to call myself in Sun though.

D

Deleted member

Re:Zero is really amazing so far. It kinda remind me of Undertale : both feature a normal human transported into a fantastical place where the gain the power to go back to "save point" when they die and try to befriend the colorful people he met along his many reset. Really good show so far. And Lord Roswaal is fabulous, especially since he's voiced by Takehito Koyasu, aka the same game who voice/d Bobobo, Aokiji, DIO-sama and many other. We don't see enough Old Man Rom thought.

I knew the dog was the one giving him the curse!
The only difference from Undertale is that Re: Zero is actually good! :^) jk
Old Man Rom was one of my favorite characters, too bad he kinda of stops appearing after the first arc and only shows up for one episode later
Speaking of arcs, oh boy, get ready for once you get to Arc 3, it's where the series really shows its true colors and introduces one of my favorite villains to date
Truly slothful
The dog is the mastermind, who would've thought? I guess this is also Sillent Hills

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Did the game at least have an annoying boss that screamed, "Burn! Burn! Burn to the Ground! Burn to the ground!" during the entire fight?

Only unfortunate Mega Man X7 players like myself would know who I'm referring to.
Every Boss shouts out some stupid one liner repeatedly when attacking but none of them are as bad as Flame Hyenard. That would be a feat and half though.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
When playing, I usually either use my real name, or my tag GiraDio.

Also, I still don't use moves that simply do a stat change (please don't hurt me). I prefer to power through things with Revives and Potions. Granted, I had to fight Grant around 4 times before winning, and Olympia 3, but I somehow powered through Diantha and the Kalos Four on the first try.

D

Deleted member

*goes back to his village in New leaf after not having his 3DS for more than 3 weeks*

*remarks that one of his favorite residents (Canberra) moved away*

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I heard a Christmas-themed commercial on the radio two nights ago.
...In the middle of September.

I thought they started early November, but I guess it's getting earlier and earlier.
This one charity shop I go to is already selling Christmas cards too since a few weeks ago, maybe even late last month.

Some companies like to get ready for Christmas early.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only moves I never even consider using normally are HP recovery moves
It's literally pointless when you have items with priority that don't take a move slot
The only reason I'd ever use one is probably if I put an Item clause in my runs but even then they don't have priority and thus aren't reliable

Chrono.

I use buffs and debuff moves more nowadays but yeah back then it was all out attacks all day.

Akihiko would've been proud.

D

Deleted member

I actually tought Double Team to Chip (My Swellow) in my current Emerald playthrough, because I thought to myself that it could be useful... I don't remember a single time when I used it, though.
I occasionally teach status boosting moves to my Pokemon (It's especially fun to teach Swords Dance to Excadrill and watch it sweep the opponent's team)

D

Deleted member

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I occasionally use stat lowering moves earlier in the game... I remember when Barry's Piplup spammed the **** out of Growl so my Chimchar just spammed Leer until it was at minimum attack and Barry's Piplup was at minimum defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Had to take the shuttle bus to class because one guy literally offed himself on the tracks this morning.

It's the things like this that give the city such a bad reputation.

Chrono.

Had to take the shuttle bus to class because one guy literally offed himself on the tracks this morning.

It's the things like this that give the city such a bad reputation.
What the ****.
Pokemon Cypher 2016 is straight fire, I love it.

Street Fighter EX characters are now canon in the SF universe lol.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10992028/#Comment_10992028
Still want the EX characters to get their own game.

Seems like a waste of decent designs.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I didn't use status moves back then either lol. At that point though I used Fire Blast, Hydro Pump and those other low accuracy moves but now I prefer using their reliable variants like Flamethrower.. as for character name I don't know lol though I'm most likely going to be playing as the female character because of reasons lol
Now.. some of these pokemon sets I use are Status only pokemon and get screwed over by Taunt.. Luckily though Taunt isn't as prominent as some would actually believe..

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Pokemon status moves, one thing I'm very happy they finally added in SM is a buff/debuff list
Because it took them too ****ing long to add something any decent RPG has

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There be a reason "pirate" contains the word "irate." By nature, they be arrrrrrrg-umentative.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In retrospect, I be regrettin' not waitin' til now to share me Smash Moveset fer Jack Sparrow. T'woulda been perfect timing.

[sad arrrrg noise]

D

Deleted member

Emerald update (Assuming I won't progress further today)
Team:
Leafofold
Chip
Rox
Flash
Volcan
Atlantis
Today I fought Winona and got through Mt. Pyre, and both of the team's hideouts.
My entire team is now fully evolved.

D

Deleted member

I be changin' me avat-arrrgh t' Miss Tetra from Wind Wake-arrrgh, one of me fave-arrrgh-ite Zelda games.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It be talk like a scurvy pirate day, yarr?

Ye have a fine day, landlubbers.

*Arrr intensifies*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom