• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
In terms of Pokemon news, I'm going in with the same mindset I do everything else that gets hyped up and glorified:
Expect nothing, and don't expect you'll come out with everything.

Did it during Smash and I'm doing it here.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Anyone else find it strange that we haven't seen any new Pokémon that are Ice and/or Dark type yet outside of Alolan forms?

Hopefully tomorrow will fix that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
When you are one of the few daughters of a family of pacifists, there's a good reason why I was motivated to actually join some self-defense classes. Other than the galahs that like to be Peckpockets, there's the Mr. Friendlies that want to have their way with you in the nastiest ways possible.

So who needs pepper spray when you can have your body do the talking? Too bad most cowards like to hide behind their guns just to have a better kill count. There's a reason why gun laws are tight in the outback.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else find it strange that we haven't seen any new Pokémon that are Ice and/or Dark type yet outside of Alolan forms?

I hadn't noticed it about Ice types but I've been worried about Dark types
During XY prerelease, no Ground Pokemon where shown and the only ones in the end were Diggersby and Zygarde
And I'm gonna ****ing kill someone at GF if I don't get any new Dark types

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I just don't want tomorrow be as disappointing as last week's reveals were.. I at least one new pokemon to be revealed or more information about certain pokemon that already have been revealed..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
GameXplain just posted about this Indie game called "Tasukete Tako-San: Save me Mr Tako" and from what I've seen it looks interesting

It's made with the style of an old Gameboy game

Chrono.

I'm actually worried they're revealing too much. But I'm just old fashioned I guess.

I hadn't noticed it about Ice types but I've been worried about Dark types
During XY prerelease, no Ground Pokemon where shown and the only ones in the end were Diggersby and Zygarde
And I'm gonna ****ing kill someone at GF if I don't get any new Dark types
If it helps, the seemingly legit Chinese leak does have a snowman Pokemon so that's probably your Ice type.

Dark types on the other hand...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sigh, people just won't listen these days.

But at least the mugger has his face clearly shown so it's easier for the police to investigate.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/19/pokemon-go-player-gets-assaulted-live-on-twitch/
=

Saw this, both parties are stupid, here's why:

The Streamer:

Have a knife or something on you, at the very least bring someone else with you if your going out at night. Also don't be glued to your phone, pay attention to your surrounding area. The game even freaking tells you this. Hopefully they'll learn

The mugger:

How idiotic can you be to walk up to a guy with a camera that's live and then show your face as well. That's the easiest way to get caught. It almost feels staged with how stupid both are and how random it is. the mugger just comes up and punches him. guy should have know self defense. I wouldn't take that ****! If someone tries to punch me, they're getting decked back.

But that's just my thoughts...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since it's natural pirate day, here's the best gangsta pirate around:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to make my pirate post in light of Pirate Day, so I thought I'd do something special.

"I'll accept ye challenge, privateer. But I'm no buccaneer... for I am Captain Xander of Narr!"

I think we can all agree Xander makes the best pirate.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
When you are one of the few daughters of a family of pacifists, there's a good reason why I was motivated to actually join some self-defense classes. Other than the galahs that like to be Peckpockets, there's the Mr. Friendlies that want to have their way with you in the nastiest ways possible.

So who needs pepper spray when you can have your body do the talking? Too bad most cowards like to hide behind their guns just to have a better kill count. There's a reason why gun laws are tight in the outback.
Thing is guns are mainstream to the point where everyone owns them throughout America (even grandmas). Whether it be for hunting or the gang **** you hear on the news everyday.

Martial arts was only relevant in a time where we had little access to anything more dangerous than a sword, so you will rarely get the change to fight someone physically. This why most armies then to go for the best weapons possible (bombs and all) instead of slashing around swords or poking pressure points. Welcome to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Guns.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What the hell is martial arts going to do when you're 5 foot nothing and someone 6 foot, 300 pounds is attacking you.

Especially if that person is also skilled in martial arts or has a knife/ gun

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of Pirates, apparently Ruby Heart is now canon to Street Fighter.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I've noticed this also...
No new Dark or Ice types (:215:) revealed yet...

Not too worried about ice (though I do want my Bug/Ice weta) and Alola Ninetales is a very strong contender for my team...but I need my fix on Dark types...the Alola forms aren't doing it for me right now...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See, here's the thing I have the biggest problem with in terms of the whole "mugger" thing:
Why the hell was he out at night?

I mean did he just have that much of a Pokemon fever that we couldn't wait 'till the way to walk around and catch Pokemon? Is there some super secret Pikachu that only appears at nighttime?

It's basic survival 101: Don't wander around at night.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think gen's 2 and 5 are the only time I've had dark types on my team. I've never been a fan of dark types

I think it's because I don't like having pokemon on my team that have a fighting weakness for some weird reason

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I beat Bowser's Inside Story
Literally one of the best games I played
My only issues are nitpicks like Midbus not being that fun to watch or the boss theme not being as godly as Never Let Up

Also, I have but a simple request for tomorrow's news.

GIMME THAT ****ING GRENINJA ALREADY GAME FREAK YOU'RE MAKING ME NERVOUS
I've never been a fan of dark types
We are no longer friends

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've used Dark types twice in my playthroughs. First was Greninja in Y, second was Shiftry in Omega Ruby.

...Before Gen VI I hadn't really used any.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Really? Talk like a pirate day and not a single One Piece reference? Gotta rectify that

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've used Dark types twice in my playthroughs. First was Greninja in Y, second was Shiftry in Omega Ruby.

...Before Gen VI I hadn't really used any.
LOL, I forgot Greninja was a dark type

Mostly because when I use greninja, he's a protean type

I guess that's 3 gens I used dark types

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
LOL, I forgot Greninja was a dark type

Mostly because when I use greninja, he's a protean type

I guess that's 3 gens I used dark types
Haha, as I was writing the post, I originally said Shiftry was the only time, since I also somehow blanked on Greninja at first.

D

Deleted member

I had a Mightyena in my first Soul Silver run, a Krookodile in my first White run, a Zoroark in my White 2 run, a Greninja in my Y run and another Mightyena in OR
This is only counting my first playthroughs and what was used in the main game because I caught and used a Tyranitar in SS and a Hidreigon in White in the postgame
Also the countless stuff from my Nuzlockes

I really want a Dark/Electric and/or a Dark/Bug this Gen
And also, a Ice/Flying hawk because Jojo

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
See, here's the thing I have the biggest problem with in terms of the whole "mugger" thing:
Why the hell was he out at night?

I mean did he just have that much of a Pokemon fever that we couldn't wait 'till the way to walk around and catch Pokemon? Is there some super secret Pikachu that only appears at nighttime?

It's basic survival 101: Don't wander around at night.
To be fair, there actually are pokemon that will only spawn in areas at night. That's not an excuse to be dumb and wander at night by yourself though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Thing is guns are mainstream to the point where everyone owns them throughout America (even grandmas). Whether it be for hunting or the gang **** you hear on the news everyday.

Martial arts was only relevant in a time where we had little access to anything more dangerous than a sword, so you will rarely get the change to fight someone physically. This why most armies then to go for the best weapons possible (bombs and all) instead of slashing around swords or poking pressure points. Welcome to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Guns.
What the hell is martial arts going to do when you're 5 foot nothing and someone 6 foot, 300 pounds is attacking you.

Especially if that person is also skilled in martial arts or has a knife/ gun
Good point, got to adopt to the American way like everyone else if you want to be this unstopppable force of nature. Better to be safe than sorry like "Uncle Sam" would say.

Most of my targets tend to be just around the 100s to 200s range easily. Go all out for the smaller targets, grabbing the upper body is pretty effective. Remember our little mishap on the train and how Braids got enough chest and arm damage from me? Good times.

And who's to say I can't fight heavier targets when I "practice" with one every week. Hint hint, wink wink.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think gen's 2 and 5 are the only time I've had dark types on my team. I've never been a fan of dark types

I think it's because I don't like having pokemon on my team that have a fighting weakness for some weird reason
Not a fan of Dark types because of a Fighting weakness?
Well I've got just the Pokemon for you!!

----

But in all seriousness though I love my dark types...second favourite typing behind Dragon...
So many awesome pokemon with that typing...including my favourite pokemon :215:

I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't get anymore Dark types...I'd be down for more Alola form dark types (like a Dark/Poison Typhlosion)...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Good point, got to adopt to the American way like everyone else if you want to be this unstopppable force of nature. Better to be safe than sorry like "Uncle Sam" would say.

Most of my targets tend to be just around the 100s to 200s range easily. Go all out for the smaller targets, grabbing the upper body is pretty effective. Remember our little mishap on the train and how Braids got enough chest and arm damage from me? Good times.

And who's to say I can't fight heavier targets when I "practice" with one every week. Hint hint, wink wink.
I'll be completely honest and frank for the good folks around here. I'm absolutely ****ing pathetic when it comes to serious combat. My only known fighting experience is wrestling, which is completely impractical against skilled and faster targets period.

Combine that with the fact that you aren't a enemy, which I tend to hold back on to avoid any serious injuries. Even a serious body slam from me would hurt more than just rib bones. So I'm nothing more than a big softy who's an easy target for your average scrubs. Yeah, I can safely say that I'm nothing without you.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'll be completely honest and frank for the good folks around here. I'm absolutely ****ing pathetic when it comes to serious combat. My only known fighting experience is wrestling, which is completely impractical against skilled and faster targets period.

Combine that with the fact that you aren't a enemy, which I tend to hold back on to avoid any serious injuries. Even a serious body slam from me would hurt more than just rib bones. So I'm nothing more than a big softy who's an easy target for your average scrubs. Yeah, I can safely say that I'm nothing without you.
What you lack is mere discipline and focus. These two things can easily be improved if you don't let the biggest weaknesses hold you down.

Speaking of big, your fat to muscle ratio is pretty imbalanced. Perhaps some serious boot camp and a better diet can fix that easily. You can become an E. Honda if you work harder and try redefining your style. Because the way you are now, you're a Soos that will face his Rumble McSkirmishes to lose against. Remember, it's all about experience.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ok, so taking my most used pokemon per gen...

I've used

6 water
5 ground
3 poison
5 psychic
5 grass
5 flying
5 dragons
4 electric
4 fighting
6 ghost
3 fire
5 dark
4 rock
3 normal
6 bug
6 steel
1 ice

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I've used

6 water
5 ground
3 poison
5 psychic
5 grass
5 flying
5 dragons
4 electric
4 fighting
6 ghost
3 fire
5 dark
4 rock
3 normal
6 bug
6 steel
1 ice
I have to ask. Who was the one Ice type?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I've used

6 water
5 ground
3 poison
5 psychic
5 grass
5 flying
5 dragons
4 electric
4 fighting
6 ghost
3 fire
5 dark
4 rock
3 normal
6 bug
6 steel
1 ice
I tried out so many different Pokemon I can't even come up with accurate numbers since I can't remember if I've used some before or not...especially in the earlier Gens...

I'm fairly certain I've used all of the non-legendary Dragon types at least once...

Last edited:

Chrono.

I got a chuckle out of this.
As for which Pokemon types I use and not, I don't remember very well. But I can tell you that Rock types and Poison types are somewhere near the bottom.

My first serious Poison type I trained was Dragalge in Y.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried out so many different Pokemon I can't even come up with accurate numbers since I can't remember if I've used some before or not...especially in the earlier Gens...

I'm fairly certain I've used all of the non-legendary Dragon types at least once...
I made some rules for myself

It was only my very favorite teams

Also I only counted each pokemon once...or else Blastoise, Ampharos and Exploud would be counted multiple times

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Gun shooting is a martial art. And, martial arts can teach more than just how to fight. I probably never would've gotten over my boyhood adhd, and would lack initiative entirely, if it wasn't for the good ol' Kajukenbo dojo.

I think Smash is on the decline. I mean generally, and only in a numbers way.
Except, the population of competitive/hardcore Smashers is generally increasing.
The next generation is coming up on games, and the older generation is finding out what community is. It's the new bowling or baseball with friends in a park.
The great mass, however, is slowly shifting off to buy and play another one of the thousands of video games. They'll come back when another one gets released.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom