• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Testing stuff other than the F-Zero and Metroid the one guy did because why not.

kidicarus: Reroutes to Uprising's page. Not finding anything positive or negative out of that. I'm guessing anything with a game from this gen is a no-go for this method.

duckhunt: Instant empty like F-Zero

punchout: Connection was. . .reset? That's a different error from either Duck Hunt and F-Zero OR Metroid's endless loading. HUH.

earthbound: reroutes to Virtual Console listing, so clearly anything that was freshly added on there this gen is a no-go, too.

goldensun: . . .no, it's NOT just this gen. I just got sent to the Dark Dawn page. HUUUUUHHH. . .

advancewars: Instant empty like F-Zero and Duck Hunt.

. . .OK now I'm starting to wonder about Punch Out! a little. If I do "punch-out" it's the same error as the other no-shows, but punchout gets me "connection reset" rather than the normal error. But it's not the endless loading followed by the connection timing out like with the Metroid page, either.
Adding to the Punch-Out!! thing, it DID have a site for the Wii game at punchout.nintendo.com.

But now I'm getting a "cannot connect to the Internet" error going to it. And only it.

For reference, go to Little Mac's page on the official Smash website. The "visit the official site for Punch-Out!!" link? Dead.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up as this could all be for naught, but...any chance we're getting a Punch-Out!! game as an NX launch title?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So what's your favorite Indie games you've ever played?

Mines are Skullgirls, Freedom Planet and Lone Survivor

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Shantae series, Unepic, Citizens of Earth, Freedom Planet, Shovel Knight, DLC Quest, Fast Racing Neo, Jett Rocket, & Retro City Rampage to name a few

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Uh. . .I'm pretty sure I've only ever bought like four indie games PERIOD, so I guess I'll just list them instead.

Shovel Knight, (formerly indie) Minecraft, Terraria, Starbound.

The first one I need to get around to working on sometime but what I played of it was good, and the last three indicate kind of a trend in what I've been tending to pick up when I shop indie. . .

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Shovel Knight, Skull Girls and Undertale are high up there.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think the only indie games I've ever played the full versions of were Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt on 3DS and Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2 on Wii U. There are others that have piqued my interest such as Shovel Knight and Freedom Planet, but I never got around to buying them.

Out of the four I mentioned, I remember enjoying Mighty Gunvolt the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Indie stuff? Undertale, Nidhogg, and the smallish bit I've played of Shovel Knight, which I'm definitely buying soonish. Just haven't gotten around to it and I have a backlog...namely Kirby Planet Robobot and Fire Emblem Fates, along with Marvel Battlegrounds for Disney Infinity.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mine, in terms of time played at least, it's between Stardew Valley and Factorio.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Undertale, Shantae, Freedom Planet (Just played it recently and I love it to bits thanks to @Thatkidwiththeafro), Shovel Knight, Bit Trip Runner, Ao Oni, and Yume Nikki.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

None really
MasaeAnela's been doing a lets play on Minish Cap. This game looks ****ing gorgeous. I might end up buying it based on these beautiful graphics alone
YOO you never played Minish Cap? You wont regret it if you get it, I love that game to death

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
All this Indie talk just reminded me of this E-Shop game I bought yesterday for $0.01

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
None really

YOO you never played Minish Cap? You wont regret it if you get it, I love that game to death
I prioritized the more well-known games like OoT, Wind Waker, LttP (still need to beat more than the darkness palace) and the original. Only other games I got were Link's Awakening because it looked fun (easily top 3 Zelda games so far) and Spirit Tracks because it was rather cheap and I wanted something new

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I prioritized the more well-known games like OoT, Wind Waker, LttP (still need to beat more than the darkness palace) and the original. Only other games I got were Link's Awakening because it looked fun (easily top 3 Zelda games so far) and Spirit Tracks because it was rather cheap and I wanted something new
You should give Minish Cap a try. I had it when it came out and I was sad when I lost it :< But then I saw it was on 3DS under the ambassador program

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Indie games? I'm not sure how one'd define the term.
Uh. Wikipedia tells me these all count. The original incarnation of N (flash game, of which I played way too many as a kid), The Stanley Parable, Minecraft / Terraria, Galactic Civilizations, FAST Racing Neo, and Planetary Annihilation are the only ones I've ever played.
It seems we all share at least one in common with someone else, judging by what others have posted!

Edit: RealGeopolitiks:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Indie games? I'm not sure how one'd define the term.
Uh. Wikipedia tells me these all count. The original incarnation of N (flash game, of which I played way too many as a kid), The Stanley Parable, Minecraft / Terraria, Galactic Civilizations, FAST Racing Neo, and Planetary Annihilation are the only ones I've ever played.
It seems we all share at least one in common with someone else, judging by what others have posted!

Edit: RealGeopolitiks:
Why. Why. Why did you edit politics in? I'm not trying to shun you, as I know you like debates, but I just had a laughing fit seeing you edit that video in for NO reason

Skullgirls, minecraft and Stardew Valley (S Valley is ****ing awesome btw)
Adding to the Punch-Out!! thing, it DID have a site for the Wii game at punchout.nintendo.com.

But now I'm getting a "cannot connect to the Internet" error going to it. And only it.

For reference, go to Little Mac's page on the official Smash website. The "visit the official site for Punch-Out!!" link? Dead.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up as this could all be for naught, but...any chance we're getting a Punch-Out!! game as an NX launch title?
bruh

:061:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Nintendo needs to build a wall to prevent Indie devs from taking all their other devs jobs.

D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight, Cave Story and Gunman Clive are my favorites
Still have to buy GC2 but I don't have money

Also, Re:Zero ended today, well, it was a good ride but I don't have many hopes for a season 2 despite its popularity(because White Fox and the Light Novel actually being behind the anime)
But I guess I can just read the translated Web Novel chapters
Nintendo needs to build a wall to prevent Indie devs from taking all their other devs jobs.
And make the indie devs pay for it!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Make Big Budget Video Gaming Great Again.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Random question regarding Pokemon Protags...
Who do you prefer from each game?

Mostly based on design since most of them have the personality of a stone...
Red>Leaf
Ethan=Kris>>>>Lyra
Brendan=May
Dawn>Lucas
Hilda>Hilbert
Nate>Rosa
Serena>Calem
Selene>Chelios (I think that's their names, if not that's what I'm calling them for now since it references Sun and Moon rather well)

Osiris

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Favourite indie games list then? I guess I'll join the brief game:
On the traditional side, there's Shantae, Undertale, Shovel Knight, Skullgirls and (from the looks of it so far, and the long wait until release) Indivisible. There's also Touhou on the Dojin side of the world.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Red>Leaf
Ethan=Kris>>>>Lyra
Brendan=May
Dawn>Lucas
Hilda>Hilbert
Nate>Rosa
Serena>Calem
Selene>Chelios (I think that's their names, if not that's what I'm calling them for now since it references Sun and Moon rather well)

Osiris
I always pick the girl because the guy usually has a much dumber design. I actually pick Leaf over Red too, but I like Red better

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Red>Leaf
Ethan=Kris>>>>Lyra
Brendan=May
Dawn>Lucas
Hilda>Hilbert
Nate>Rosa
Serena>Calem

Osiris
Personally I don't have much of a preference. Mostly pick the dude because something something immersion, but I don't really have a favorite.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
MasaeAnela's been doing a lets play on Minish Cap. This game looks ****ing gorgeous. I might end up buying it based on these beautiful graphics alone
Minish Cap is the Zelda game that felt the most like a fairy tale to me out of all entries, and I think a part of that is due to the gorgeous visual art design that game had for a GBA title (As well as the overall story that goes along with it).

Minish Cap is certainly up there as one of my favourite Zelda games and partly of what got me into the series in the first place next to Wind Waker as my first few entries to the Zelda franchise.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Red>Leaf
Ethan=Kris>>>>Lyra
Brendan=May
Dawn>Lucas
Hilda>Hilbert
Nate>Rosa
Serena>Calem

Osiris
I usually picked the male in each version.....except for Diamond version

Plus Hilbert and Hilda have the best overall design in the series more than any character

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Something just clicked for me with all this talk of indie games.

I realise, Mighty No. 9 IS a Mega Man game... specifically one of the bad half of the Mega Man X series. Unnecessary and annoying voice overs, interupting gameplay with tutorials, hell even the graphics are on par with a late PS2 game.

We got a Mega Man game... they just tricked us about what kind.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I realise, Mighty No. 9 IS a Mega Man game... specifically one of the bad half of the Mega Man X series. Unnecessary and annoying voice overs, interupting gameplay with tutorials, hell even the graphics are on par with a late PS2 game.

I liked X5 even though AVGN included it in bad MM games

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Red>Leaf
Ethan=Kris>>>>Lyra
Brendan=May
Dawn>Lucas
Hilda>Hilbert
Nate>Rosa
Serena>Calem

Osiris
(PokeSpecial Blue) > Red > Leaf
Kris > Ethan > Lyra
Brendan > May
Dawn > Lucas
Hilad > Hilbert
Nate > Rosa
Serena > Calem
MoonBoy > SunGirl

D

Deleted member

Surprised no one talked about GX's analysis
Good God, this game looks beautiful, why can't this just be released already?
Part 2 is already up too btw

Red>Leaf
Ethan=Kris>>>>Lyra
Brendan=May
Dawn>Lucas
Hilda>Hilbert
Nate>Rosa
Serena>Calem

Osiris
Black/Hilbert>Serena>Gold>Rosa>Nate>White/Hilda>Red>Leaf>Kris>Calem>RSE!May>Brendan>ORAS!May>Dangerously Short Skirt Dawn>Stupid Hat Lucas>****ing Lyra

I still don't have much of an opinion on the SM trainers but I'll probably be choosing the girl because clothes

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Did the game at least have an annoying boss that screamed, "Burn! Burn! Burn to the Ground! Burn to the ground!" during the entire fight?

Only unfortunate Mega Man X7 players like myself would know who I'm referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom