• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Oh yeah, Sony's TGS conference is at 3am EST tonight.

I'll be asleep so I won't watch it, hopefully I wake up to a cool thing or two delays.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know how everyone is worrying about whether or not Serena will return for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime in light of today's CoroCoro news? I just stumbled upon something that might fill some of you with hope.

In the very first posters for certain seasons of the Pokemon anime, not every character appeared on them. Here was the very first promotional image for the Diamond and Pearl anime.

Notice that Brock doesn't appear here. When the first image was first released on the Internet, Paul wasn't even named yet, and fans thought he would replace Brock. Some time passes, and we eventually learn in the next news update that this new male character would be Ash's main rival, and Brock was confirmed to return as another traveling companion for Ash.

And now here was the very first promotional image for the Pokemon XY anime.

Notice that Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie don't appear on it. It was up in the air who would even travel with Ash when this image first leaked. Cut to the next batch of XY anime news, and we learned that the three we're familiar would be Ash's traveling partners for Kalos.

Where am I going with this? History could repeat itself. While we do have some characters appearing on the first poster already, it's possible that this isn't the entire cast for the Sun and Moon anime. Some more characters could be revealed this Thursday, or perhaps Serena among them, and if it turns out to be the case, this could be a similar to how Brock was revealed for the DP anime 10 years back.
Interesting.

And it would have been quite intriguing to see Paul as a traveling companion.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, Sony's TGS conference is at 3am EST tonight.

I'll be asleep so I won't watch it, hopefully I wake up to a cool thing or two delays.
"Who announces video games at three in the morning?"

Sony:
sony.png

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Uh.... Seems like I missed a lot. Afraid to say I am not a Jojo fan, so I didn't understand about 95% of what I was reading in relation to Jojo. :p

Otherwise, seems like I am all caught up.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I THOUGHT NO ONE HERE WOULD UNDERSTAND MY PAIN
****ING HELL, I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK
Then it turns out Reigen is really not an Esper, he's just the greatest con artist in exostence and managed to fool and entire organization of powerful Espers :p
And here I was thinking: "why is the ending so focused on him? He isn't that important to the overall plot"
Now I know why...

I'm excited to see how Mob and Reigen himself will react to this situation
Will Mob have seen this coming or will he feel betrayed? And what will Reigen do when he finds out it was Mob who invaded one of the bases of his organization?

Between this, 91 Days, Re: Zero and Jojo, this anime season has been great
And also Arslan Senki but that ended a little too early and I'm still salty because of that cliffhanger
Is Re:Zero good? I was wondering what new anime I could watch after finishing the 7 Deadly Sins and its extensions and I ended up watching the first episode of Parasite (which is really good so far). Should I had it to my to-watch list? What is it about?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277493

Apparently the original translation was wrong so it might just be an extended version of the last trailer. Probably a little new stuff but probably not something to get too hyped about I would assume.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216730044&postcount=105

:061:
Ah 2.8 is hype, but not as hyped as 3. Still will be nice to see more though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this was bound to happen:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Sonic cafe reminded me that there was Eggman themed food in Unleashed.

These better be available in the actual cafe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It doesn't feel natural for me to see Game Freak take inspiration from something so old
Volt Tackle was based off of Pusleman and possibly Tekkaman, not to mention I literally mentioned Kamen Rider's crlebrating it's 45th anniversary. Oh, and the BW anime had a Kamen Rider episode which was based off of the originsl 1971 show

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing about Serena is that they already wrote a way for them to easily and temporarily part ways. I doubt it's dub only, but she intends to follow Ash through the rest of the league, and then take a break to train for more Showcases. I feel that this'll stay and that she'll cameo later on(and maybe return for a longer time) in the S&M anime.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I went to Tumblr with the intent of making a topic dedicated blog I thought I was going to use and then instantly lost interest in it, and then I remembered the other one that I set up a while back and never did anything with.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/budgettrashasksmash

I set up one of those "Ask the characters" things for Smash Bros with my spur-of-the-moment drawing stuff.

Maybe actually mentioning it will help the poor thing. Or maybe not.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Move over Kirby, because it's Sonic's turn for a Cafe.
"We created a 2-D 16-bit platformer to compete with Mario, we made our 2-D platformer 3-D to compete with Mario, we go to the Olympics with Mario, we let or mascot fight in a Brawler with a lot of characters including Mario. BUT we did get an idea from KIRBY and NOT MARIO! We do what Nintendon't!"
-SEGA
This is meant to be entirely satirical and not actually serious at all.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
@Fumi-Chan! http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_references_to_Kamen_Rider_in_popular_culture
This is all references to Kamen Rider I could find. Yokai Watch, Batman, Kill la Kill, , Fairly Odd Parents, How I Met Your Mother, TMNT and much more have referenced Kamen Rider
. . .So if the Falcon Punch is a reference to Kamen Rider, what does that say about our fandom considering it's so highly revered by many? Does this mean Kamen Rider has domain over us all?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
. . .So if the Falcon Punch is a reference to Kamen Rider, what does that say about our fandom considering it's so highly revered by many? Does this mean Kamen Rider has domain over us all?
Nah, it just means we watch too much anime, but not enough Jojo.

Also hi I'm not dead. Turns out therapy is kind of useful once you get decent anti-anxiety pills.
I hope no one minds.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and now the lugarugen poster is here (it was two pictures so i put them together)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Nah, it just means we watch too much anime, but not enough Jojo.

Also hi I'm not dead. Turns out therapy is kind of useful once you get decent anti-anxiety pills.
I hope no one minds.
I miss the Plush

Soul.

oh yeah, happy anniversary and stuff

Smash 3DS was released in Japan two years ago.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I miss the Plush
I do too. But I don't have any of the avatars and I gotta go back searching for them. So I just tossed in an avatar I use everywhere else until I get something to replace it.
Or alternatively I'll just make one up for myself. Shouldn't be that hard right?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"We created a 2-D 16-bit platformer to compete with Mario, we made our 2-D platformer 3-D to compete with Mario, we go to the Olympics with Mario, we let or mascot fight in a Brawler with a lot of characters including Mario. BUT we did get an idea from KIRBY and NOT MARIO! We do what Nintendon't!"
-SEGA
This is meant to be entirely satirical and not actually serious at all.
Sonic deconfirmed for Smash 5
/s

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I gotta say, it's absolutely hilarious seeing the Sonic cafe as here there's already a fast food restaurant chain named Sonic.

The food is okay. And yes they do serve chili dogs.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
and now the lugarugen poster is here (it was two pictures so i put them together)

Looking at the poster, I like the dynamic poses for the two a lot more then their static artwork. Something about the way they're portrayed in movement makes them pop out more to me, especially with Midnight form. Midnight form's model also looks pretty good from what I'm seeing in the images as I love the ferocity its attack animation seems to have.

Also, this poster confirms that Midnight form gets Counter and Midday form gets a new move called Accel Rock. It also apparently confirms that yes, the two forms are version exclusive, which is pretty disappointing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looking at the poster, I like the dynamic poses for the two a lot more then their static artwork. Something about the way they're portrayed in movement makes them pop out more to me, especially with Midnight form. Midnight form's model also looks pretty good from what I'm seeing in the images as I love the ferocity its attack animation seems to have.

Also, this poster confirms that Midnight form gets Counter and Midday form gets a new move called Accel Rock. It also apparently confirms that yes, the two forms are version exclusive, which is pretty disappointing.
On Serebii it says his move is literally counter

That's...kind of sucky if one gets a new special rock attack and the other gets plain old counter

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I do too. But I don't have any of the avatars and I gotta go back searching for them. So I just tossed in an avatar I use everywhere else until I get something to replace it.
Or alternatively I'll just make one up for myself. Shouldn't be that hard right?
By the time I finished making this for you, you already found a placeholder.

Ah well, here it is. Didn't feel right leaving you plushless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom