• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well If I remember correctly that Chimera was Tina and her Male dog, so it actually fits perfectly. :p
:061:
True, it fits perfectly. Both could work in that retrospect though. Rockruff's looks more like it, while Type Null fits the concept better.

Came back from College about an hour ago only to see all this commotion about the NX and people losing their minds over the rumor.

Willing to bet this isn't leading to anything and people are going to be disappointed tomorrow when there's no NX announcement. Love to be proven wrong though.
It was already confirmed to be trolling.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Came back from College about an hour ago only to see all this commotion about the NX and people losing their minds over the rumor.

Willing to bet this isn't leading to anything and people are going to be disappointed tomorrow when there's no NX announcement. Love to be proven wrong though.
It was just Kevin Pereira trolling people

Chrono.

He was trolling.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah which is why I said a lot of people are going to be disappointed tomorrow.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why would Nintendo put a console reveal at a GameStop show I had never even heard of till now anyways.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I mentioned Super-1
Skip to 2:29 and you'll see Z-Moves might be based off of this instead of Jojo, as Super-1 was from 1980 to 1981

With the exception of Faiz's Accel form (2003), Blade and Garren's Jack and King forms (2004,) Hibiki (2005), Kiva Emperor (2008) and Kamen Rider Drive(2014) belts are always used for the main characters, with side characters usually having guns or bracelets. Super Sentai's usually the one using bracelets and other different things like kunai, phones and currently, cubes

Damn straight that's messed up. That name's reserved for Type Null
I guess it could, but Pokemon basing the Z-Move idea on a KR concept is something I doubt. It doesn't feel natural for me to see Game Freak take inspiration from something so old, I think they would take ideas with moreso something new like YW, which has been giving them pressure to borrow the general concept of using merch to interact with the game to gain an edge.

But I might get back to this convo later. Right now I'm very busy.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just ordered beef coconut curry Yakisoba and Tofu pad thai

This places food isn't the best, but I order from there because it's close, their food isn't terrible, they are the only place that has coconut curry yakisoba

And because the lot in which it's located my family used to own. We had a SF2 arcade cabinet in there and it's what introduced me to fighting games

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Why would Nintendo put a console reveal at a GameStop show I had never even heard of till now anyways.
Not necessarily a reveal but an announcement for the reveal on their Twitter. That could be plausible even though I doubt it.

D

Deleted member

AAAHHHHH ****
I HAD WATCHED THE NEW MOB PSYCHO EPISODE BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A POST-CREDITS SCENE BUT NOW I WATCHED IT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE IN AMYMORE SOMEONE HELP

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since Spinda has 4,294,967,295 possible different spot patterns (x2 if you count shiny), I was bored and did a little looking around.

If you wanted to catch every single one, you would need about 1.4 million Pokémon Bank accounts to store all of them.

lol

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because Nintendo is the King of Left Field

Making a moveset can be hard sometimes. Stupid up smash and up tilts
I know the feeling. Right now I'm concurrently doing Smash Movesets for two different characters: one non-video game character and one unconventional Pokémon.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Chrono.

Just a quick question from you guys, which track do you prefer?

On the Beach of Dreams from Chrono Cross:

On the Beach of Dreams - Chrono Cross Music Extended

Or Yearnings of the Wind from Chrono Trigger:

Yearnings of the Wind - Chrono Trigger Music Extended

I'd personally like to know which track you think is better, even if you have not played either game.
I find Chrono Cross music in general to be superior to Trigger's, both are great though.

So yeah, going with Cross.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I'd personally like to know which track you think is better, even if you have not played either game.
I'd say I prefer the second one, though if I knew what track played at what point in those games, that may change.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Need to actually start on Chrono Trigger. I bought it on Virtual Console a while back (to get rid of the remaining Nintendo Points after buying other stuff) and haven't gotten to it.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'd say I prefer the second one, though if I knew what track played at what point in those games, that may change.
They both generally take place after the main conflict of the game begins where you explore the world map.

If you want further specifics you can look below, not big spoilers IMO:
The Chrono Cross track plays when you are in an alternate reality of the world map.

While the Chrono Trigger track plays when you enter the first alternate timeline of the world map.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Stop making mentally unstable people villains. "They're crazy and off their meds!!! They're a murderer now!!!!!" Please just stop. Please?"

I saw this on Facebook...

What do you think?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When I was young and really into video game music, the Chrono series was my absolute favorite

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .

You know what might be nice to have back in Pokemon games?

An option in the Pokedex to mess with the play speed of a Pokemon's call.

I remember having that in Diamond and then when I checked the Pokedex in later generations they had removed it.

It's kind of a silly pointless thing but it's still sad to have an option removed especially as the Pokedex always feels a little on the scant side in terms of content.

The only way I can make up moves is if they are super duper gimmicky. This is why I don't make smash.

The second one I guess.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
They both generally take place after the main conflict of the game begins where you explore the world map.

If you want further specifics you can look below, not big spoilers IMO:
The Chrono Cross track plays when you are in an alternate reality of the world map.

While the Chrono Trigger track plays when you enter the first alternate timeline of the world map.
Still leaning towards the second in that chase.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Both are good, but probably the second. I like those RPG fitting tracks in RPGS. They always sound good.

D

Deleted member

Anything from Chrono Cross is automatically trash
Meanwhile, Yearnings of the Wind is one of the most recognizable and memorable Chrono Trigger tracks, just behind Secret of the Forest and Corridors of Time

Last edited by a moderator:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
AAAHHHHH ****
I HAD WATCHED THE NEW MOB PSYCHO EPISODE BUT I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A POST-CREDITS SCENE BUT NOW I WATCHED IT AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE IN AMYMORE SOMEONE HELP
I KNOW RIGHT? HOW DARE DO THEY LIVE US ON SUCH A CLIFFHANGER? THIS NEXT WEEK WILL FEEL LIKE 7 YEARS!

Reigen being a true master of cons was a plot twist I never saw coming. Him being secretly an esper, I could have easily saw it, but also being the leader of the Claw, nope. I can't wait to see were this story is going to.

D

Deleted member

I KNOW RIGHT? HOW DARE DO THEY LIVE US ON SUCH A CLIFFHANGER? THIS NEXT WEEK WILL FEEL LIKE 7 YEARS!

Reigen being a true master of cons was a plot twist I never saw coming. Him being secretly an esper, I could have easily saw it, but also being the leader of the Claw, nope. I can't wait to see were this story is going to.
I THOUGHT NO ONE HERE WOULD UNDERSTAND MY PAIN
****ING HELL, I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK
Then it turns out Reigen is really not an Esper, he's just the greatest con artist in exostence and managed to fool and entire organization of powerful Espers :p
And here I was thinking: "why is the ending so focused on him? He isn't that important to the overall plot"
Now I know why...

I'm excited to see how Mob and Reigen himself will react to this situation
Will Mob have seen this coming or will he feel betrayed? And what will Reigen do when he finds out it was Mob who invaded one of the bases of his organization?

Between this, 91 Days, Re: Zero and Jojo, this anime season has been great
And also Arslan Senki but that ended a little too early and I'm still salty because of that cliffhanger

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Stop making mentally unstable people villains. "They're crazy and off their meds!!! They're a murderer now!!!!!" Please just stop. Please?"

I saw this on Facebook...

What do you think?
This is actually something I see get discussed a lot. I'll put in my two cents.

In short, it depends on how it's done. It should be tasteful, of course, and not try to paint a picture that everyone who is mentally ill is a crazed murderer or something. That'd be terrible, as it's not at all the case. But at the same time, you shouldn't glorify the illness either, as it's also incredibly insensitive.

A great way to show the complexity of it all is through duality in writing. As some examples, I'll give two instances from comics that, in my opinion, are well done. First, of course, is Batman. His rogues gallery probably includes the entire DSM, but they're for the most part well written characters beyond their illness. One great duality is the difference between Batman and Twoface. You can make the case that BOTH are mentally ill. Both had severely traumatic experiences that changed their lives forever, but dealt with it in two different ways. Twoface became a(n admittedly sympathetic) villain, while Batman became a heroic vigilante.

Another more heroic example of a hero with mental illness comes from a less known property but to hell with it, I'm gonna plug it anyway since it's great, and that's the current run on Scarlet Witch by James Robinson. He outright wrote it so Wanda is left with severe depression as a result of Avengers Disassembled and House of M. And yeah, he reveals she's on medication for it, but it's done in a very tasteful way. In one scene, she's offered a drink, but politely declines, explaining that she can't due to her being medicated. Completely tasteful and inoffensive portrayal. Another moment later in the comic has a touching scene involving talking someone out of a suicide, which also tackles similar themes.

Now, with what you're saying, I DO agree that suddenly someone "becoming evil because they're off their meds" is something that should stop, but that's because it's a completely unrealistic way to go about doing it. It's lazy, as they couldn't think of a proper reason for them turning, and used mental illness as a scapegoat. It can be a factor in their turning, but it shouldn't be the sole reason. Something should push the character and act as a catalyst. Mainly because what many would consider "sanity" isn't an on/off switch.

So yeah, that's my take on it. Tl;dr, it can be done, but it needs to be done tastefully and not the way that person described.
Source: I'm a writer who is working toward a psych minor and has suffered/may still be suffering from mental illness of some sort. :p

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
And that's a wrap on Pokemon Y once again...

Grinded my Pokemon's levels to around 60+ before taking on the Elite Four...was pretty easy despite Seibold's Gyarados giving me issues However Moldarach managed to take it down after it took out half my team (if only Alakazam could learn a better Electric type attack other than Charge Beam)...

As for Diantha, not too much problems, her Gardevoir put up a fight but Beth finished her off fairly well...

I really dislike this set-up for the Elite four, which was implemented in Gen 5...they each get only 4 Pokemon first of all and they're all the same level...there's no added difficulty as you progress forward until you reach the Champion, who isn't really that difficult herself...
Having them progressively get harder makes it feel more rewarding reaching the champion who now serves as your final test and last obstacle...having them all the same level means they get weaker as you go because one you can take out the hardest one first, and two your pokemon can actually get stronger as you progress while the Elite Four themselves don't...
Before Gen 5 the Pokemon League always felt like one last final mountain you had to climb...not a race to the finish on a flat surface...

Anyways....

Kellam
Was actually pretty close since Smaug did serve as my powerhouse (even as a Shelgon+Eviolite he was putting in work soaking up hits), but I felt that on the few times I struggled Kellam came in clutch thanks to Spiky Shield and Power-up Punch serving as a pretty decent combo to set-up for the kill...

Final Team Rankings
1. Kellam

2. Smaug

3. Beth

4. Moldarach

5. Einstein

6. Bruce

Einstein became much less useful after Smaug evolved into a Salamence, though he did do quite a bit of work early on...Bruce unfortunately was pretty much always playing catch up, didn't help he was a rather late addition to the team as I could have added him to the team a lot sooner when I first acquired the Good Rod and he could have proved to be much more useful had I got him earlier...though he wasn't useless as he still proved to be useful as he was my team's water type...
I knew I wasn't the only one wh ofelt the Elite Four and Diantha were too easy compared to ORAS! Then again, I did kind of more or less solo each member of the Kalos Four.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
You know how everyone is worrying about whether or not Serena will return for the upcoming Sun and Moon anime in light of today's CoroCoro news? I just stumbled upon something that might fill some of you with hope.

In the very first posters for certain seasons of the Pokemon anime, not every character appeared on them. Here was the very first promotional image for the Diamond and Pearl anime.

Notice that Brock doesn't appear here. When the first image was first released on the Internet, Paul wasn't even named yet, and fans thought he would replace Brock. Some time passes, and we eventually learn in the next news update that this new male character would be Ash's main rival, and Brock was confirmed to return as another traveling companion for Ash.

And now here was the very first promotional image for the Pokemon XY anime.

Notice that Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie don't appear on it. It was up in the air who would even travel with Ash when this image first leaked. Cut to the next batch of XY anime news, and we learned that the three we're familiar would be Ash's traveling partners for Kalos.

Where am I going with this? History could repeat itself. While we do have some characters appearing on the first poster already, it's possible that this isn't the entire cast for the Sun and Moon anime. Some more characters could be revealed this Thursday, or perhaps Serena among them, and if it turns out to be the case, this could be a similar to how Brock was revealed for the DP anime 10 years back.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Guise, we call this planet The World...
Dio's stand is The World...

Jojo = Everything
Jojo references are love, Jojo references are life
For me, everything is a Jojo reference
Poses? Jojo property
Vampires? Jojo basically created them
Any case of multiple punchs per second? Just make them shout ORAORA already
Duck Hunt in Smash? The duck is obviously the work of an enemy a Stand, or at least how I believe a character with a Fighting Spirit would fight on Smash
I love how everything is a JoJo reference/ripoff and JoJo itself was based on by design and reference and ripped off Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) HARD.

So hard that Johnathan, Joseph and Jotaro is essentially Kenshiro

So Everyone and Everything = JoJo
JoJo = Hokuto No Ken

Hokuto No Ken = EVERYTHING

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I love how everything is a JoJo reference/ripoff and JoJo itself was based on by design and reference and ripped off Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) HARD.

So hard that Johnathan, Joseph and Jotaro is essentially Kenshiro

So Everyone and Everything = JoJo
JoJo = Hokuto No Ken

Hokuto No Ken = EVERYTHING
But Fist of the North Star is basically Bruce Lee meets Mad Max.
So Bruce Lee + Mad Max= Everything.

EDIT: I still feel Jojo is everything. Fist of the North Star is lacking in areas I feel Jojo exceeds. Like memes

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Also I've never posed like a Fist of the North Star character before.
I once hurt my back trying to do a Jojo-dachi but it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom