• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fix it for you.

#JoJoiseverything

Some of this reference may be spoiler, so to look with your discretion.
Tsk tsk, there's a Famitsu interview in which POLNAREFF was stated
When was the JoJo manga made anyway. I believe I heard it was made in 1992, right?

I mean I'm very sure Nintendo is using their IPs more aggressively in marketing, but I don't think the Z-Ring idea would have existed without YW involved.
1987, and I know that Part 5, the part known for being fab as ****, was around the early to mid 90's

Considering **** like Ben 10 exists, AND the fact the Mega Ring was introduced in XY, I'm certain the Z ring would still exist

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would you personally be okay with the idea of the Red Skull hypothetically returning in a future MCU movie?
His demise in Captain America: The First Avenger does leave the option open.

The Cosmic Cube/Tesseract/Space Stone controls, well, space, and opens dimensional rifts. He could have, say, got sucked into it and brought to another point in space with breathable air, maybe somewhere that'd lengthen his lifespan as a result.

Though it could go either way. Hugo Weaving isn't interested in returning sadly, but they could always recast a la Hulk or War Machine. I think if Chris Evans wants to do another Cap film and Steve survives Infinity War, it may involve the Red Skull's return sometime in Phase Four. I find it less likely though if Steve passes the mantle to Bucky or Sam.

There's also the issue that Hydra is completely gone now as of the end of Agents of SHIELD season three, but you know what they say...cut off one head and two more will take its place.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Dang, I think I'm giving far less credit to JoJo's impact in the Japanese industry than I am giving it right now.

I'm pretty sure it set the standards for dances and poses in anime in general, but I don't think Pokemon's Z-Ring has taken direct inspiration from JoJo. Game Freak never cared about that sort of idea until YW came.

D

Deleted member

AHAHAHAHAHA
Wait till you see Requiem or Bohemian Rhapsody. Infinite range AND infinite power. Requiem literally has 'NONE' as all it's stats
And Notorious B.I.G for your durability part
Well, I guess I was a fool to believe Araki would create rules not meant to be broken later
"Stands can't be seen by non-Stand users"
*2 episodes later*
"That Stand user has a Stand that CAN be seen by non-Stamd users!"
*repeat every other episode*

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Tsk tsk, there's a Famitsu interview in which POLNAREFF was stated

1987, and I know that Part 5, the part known for being fab as ****, was around the early to mid 90's

Considering **** like Ben 10 exists, AND the fact the Mega Ring was introduced in XY, I'm certain the Z ring would still exist
>Looking for sources that prove my point.
>Find one that tells that Guile was based of Polnareff.
>Same source say that they end up giving him, and I quote, "the always distinctive Stroheim look" after pixel artist jokingly streched his hair on the side.

Oh well, seems we were both kinda right.:p

See my other post for the source

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Found it.
Yes, even Pokémon has referenced Jojo

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon Go made my hopes get up today. Servers went down and I hoped it be for the update, but it wasnt' :(

where's the buddy Update Apple/Niantic?

I need only two more candies for nidoqueen but can't find one in the wild. This update would be quite useful.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dang, I think I'm giving far less credit to JoJo's impact in the Japanese industry than I am giving it right now.

I'm pretty sure it set the standards for dances and poses in anime in general, but I don't think Pokemon's Z-Ring has taken direct inspiration from JoJo. Game Freak never cared about that sort of idea until YW came.
The BW anime has Meowth mimic a famous Ceaser/Jonathon pose while saying 'muda muda muda'
Machamp says 'Muda' during some of his attacks in Pokken and his Burst Attack is literally ORAORAORAORAORAORA.
Before posting, I realized you meant the Z-Ring. To which I point Henshin Heroes. Kamen Riders and Super Sentai are well-known icons in Japan, currently having 40th and 45th anniversary, and they use stuff like belts and bracelets all the time. I'd also like to note Kamen Rider Super-1. He made multiple poses before a finishing move specifically for those moves, like the Z-Move poses, and Super-1 had a gimmick in which his arms could change to missle launchers, shocking gloves, Twinrova style gloves and such. Rings are the most common Transformation Trinket I've seen other than belts

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Another Y run update.
(Level 25)
(Level 24)
(Level 23)
(Level 23)
(Level 23)
(Level 22)
Just beat Grant, and once again Vivillon is the MVP. Compound Eyes + Stun Spore was pretty crazy already, but Supersonic just made things pretty insane. 10/ 10 best support Pokémon. Also Absol is crazy this early in the game. Bless that Attack stat.
Now just two more of the final members to get until the gang's complete...

:094:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Did you said you wanted more JoJoXPokémon crossover?

No?

Too bad! Waluigi Time!

[/SPOILER]

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The BW anime has Meowth mimic a famous Ceaser/Jonathon pose while saying 'muda muda muda'
Machamp says 'Muda' during some of his attacks in Pokken and his Burst Attack is literally ORAORAORAORAORAORA.
Before posting, I realized you meant the Z-Ring. To which I point Henshin Heroes. Kamen Riders and Super Sentai are well-known icons in Japan, currently having 40th and 45th anniversary, and they use stuff like belts and bracelets all the time. I'd also like to note Kamen Rider Super-1. He made multiple poses before a finishing move specifically for those moves, like the Z-Move poses, and Super-1 had a gimmick in which his arms could change to missle launchers, shocking gloves, Twinrova style gloves and such. Rings are the most common Transformation Trinket I've seen other than belts
Okay... I guess Pokemon Z-Rings could have been inspired by those things, especially with JoJo being recent anime hits having giant fanbases. Has the concept of bracelets and belts been around since the beginning of KR?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I mentioned Super-1
Skip to 2:29 and you'll see Z-Moves might be based off of this instead of Jojo, as Super-1 was from 1980 to 1981
Okay... I guess Pokemon Z-Rings could have been inspired by those things, especially with JoJo being recent anime hits having giant fanbases. Has the concept of bracelets and belts been around since the beginning of KR?
With the exception of Faiz's Accel form (2003), Blade and Garren's Jack and King forms (2004,) Hibiki (2005), Kiva Emperor (2008) and Kamen Rider Drive(2014) belts are always used for the main characters, with side characters usually having guns or bracelets. Super Sentai's usually the one using bracelets and other different things like kunai, phones and currently, cubes
That's messed up:
Damn straight that's messed up. That name's reserved for Type Null

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I did Meowth and his Stand using my amazing /s photoshop skills
muda2.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG you know what is annoying

People saying "Mightnight Garurupokemon isn't a werewolf, he's an anthro wolf"

STFU

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

STFU
NeoGaf keeps derisively calling him a Sonic fan character.

This is rustling my jimmies both as a Pokemon fan and as a Sonic fan.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Should have been Type Null instead.

:061:
tfw when you post a joke faster than the next guy who came up with it

STFU
I mean, he DOES look more human than a werewolf, but it's ****ing pokemon. Of course it's gonna look anthropomorphic. Gardevoir wasn't even supposed to be a chick
NeoGaf keeps derisively calling him a Sonic fan character.

This is rustling my jimmies both as a Pokemon fan and as a Sonic fan.
But Rockruff's evolutions are CLEARLY based off of Sonic Unleashed :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

STFU
Well I mean, wouldn't that technically be accurate since we don't see it in human form at any point, meaning it's technically not a werewolf? :p

I mean yeah it's design is definitely werewolf based though. I just like being difficult.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 I mentioned Super-1
Skip to 2:29 and you'll see Z-Moves might be based off of this instead of Jojo, as Super-1 was from 1980 to 1981

With the exception of Faiz's Accel form (2003), Blade and Garren's Jack and King forms (2004,) Hibiki (2005), Kiva Emperor (2008) and Kamen Rider Drive(2014) belts are always used for the main characters, with side characters usually having guns or bracelets. Super Sentai's usually the one using bracelets and other different things like kunai, phones and currently, cubes

Damn straight that's messed up. That name's reserved for Type Null
Should have been Type Null instead.

:061:
Yes, but Type Null is genderless, isn't it? It doesn't work as well that way if so.
So Kevin Periera is still alive huh?
How do you know the user? Has he faked stuff in the past?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*looking through that list of Jojo references*
>Dio reference
>Cute crossdresser
"Oh, I wonder what anime is he fro--"
>Highschool of the dead
"..."

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For me Lugarugan always will be Balto's Alola Form

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Periera use to host Attack of the Show. It's okay everyone from that show is dead. Except Olivia Munn and Chris Hardwick. It was a blood bath but they were the victors.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Periera use to host Attack of the Show. It's okay everyone from that show is dead. Except Olivia Munn and Chris Hardwick. It was a blood bath but they were the victors.
I forgot he existed and was on that show! Same for Chris Hardwick who know hosts like five talk shows. Remember Oliva Munn though. She's doing goo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Came back from College about an hour ago only to see all this commotion about the NX and people losing their minds over the rumor.

Willing to bet this isn't leading to anything and people are going to be disappointed tomorrow when there's no NX announcement. Love to be proven wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom