• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This was the tweet that was deleted.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
It says "NX NEWS TOMORROW."

And yes. Some stuff about an NX reveal tommorow is leaking out the wazzu on twitter. Brace yourselfs.
Oh.. heh idk if I can take that seriously tbh

But hopefully here is news so I can get the word NX out of my sight

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
EDIT: NVM, the guy behind the tweets was lying. I should stop trusting people that claim to have information on the NX...

Last edited:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
So uh, been browsing NeoGAF, checking for NX leaks, when I came across this...
https://mobile.twitter.com/Attack/status/775420426835009536

Read the capital letters. Could it be?

EDIT: Wow! I'm super slow! The tweet said:

gamers. i have Nothing to eXplain. Now Everyone, Will you please Stop? unrelated, TOMORROW is just another day. kisses.

The man who posted it is hosting some meetings at the annual GameStop Expo. Get hyped?
Heh. Sorry I'm so slow, gang! Not only was this tweet removed, so was another from the same guy:

Maybe Overreacting Buries Important Leads, Everyone! CONSOLE yourselves. The Wait is likely wOrth It; Naysayers dON't bElong.

Again, read the Caps.

MOBILE CONSOLE TWO IN ONE

Did Eurogamer actually leak the NX 100% accurately??

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's like when you buy new clothes to look good for someone at a party but they just ignore you but then suddenly some alien comes out of a portal and asks you to call them "Mommy"
To be fair, that more fits Cryogonal rather than Mew. I mean, Mew has Transform. If Ditto's Transform is anything to go by, Mew can probably do what Ditto can do and more. Heck, if it's possible for Ditto to transform into the UBs and learn their moves(IF it's possible), Mew could give Beauty competition. Heck, by what Ditto can do, Mew could still probably give it competition.
Cryogonal, yeah, it's got nothing other than static face.....and strange floating glowing balls that move like arms.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
He trolled :/

Welp... I lost all respect for this guy (even though I never really heard of him until now) for toying with our hearts. Doing these kinds of jokes right now when we really want NX news frustrates me. On the serious side, I am hoping we'll get something either this week or next week.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be fair, that more fits Cryogonal rather than Mew. I mean, Mew has Transform. If Ditto's Transform is anything to go by, Mew can probably do what Ditto can do and more. Heck, if it's possible for Ditto to transform into the UBs and learn their moves(IF it's possible), Mew could give Beauty competition. Heck, by what Ditto can do, Mew could still probably give it competition.
Cryogonal, yeah, it's got nothing other than static face.....and strange floating glowing balls that move like arms.
You know what'd be interesting...If they had moves no pokemon can learn

Except Smeargle

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yup, you didn't get it
Here it is then
I can't help but laugh everytime I watch this

*deep breath*
She was mever a guy
Dude, EVERYONE knows that. It's just that cousin is a formal greeting in Hawaii

Black Belt to Beauty. Black Belt is a male exclusive class. She says Black Belt in the Japanese version. AKA she said Karate KING

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Black Belt to Beauty. Black Belt is a male exclusive class. She says Black Belt in the Japanese version. AKA she said Karate KING
But what about the fact women can be black belts irl and it has nothing to do what gender you are?

*leaves*

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
You know what'd be interesting...If they had moves no pokemon can learn

Except Smeargle
That would be interesting, except that considering Smeargle couldn't sketch Shadow Moves and still cannot sketch Chatter, I would not be surprised if Smeargle couldn't sketch any moves truly exclusive to the UBs.

D

Deleted member

He trolled :/

I'm "laughing my ass off because I don't care about the NX" in that scale

I know that but I was talking about lesbian cousin magical girls

I'm gonna end up sounding like some tumblr user but: SHE was never a he

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, it was a joke.

Well, that was disappointing. Back to doing other stuff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Alright, I am here again, this will mostly be focusing on why I formulated the opinion I have for Pokemon S/M.
There's a number of pokemon fans that left the fandom altogether in favour of Yokai Watch...you yourself are an example are you not?
Yes I am.

Yokai Watch already borrows a lot from what makes Pokemon, as well as Digimon did before it...
Heck YKW2 is implementing different versions....WITH version exclusives AND trading being added...

You can't complain about Pokemon borrowing things from Yokai Watch when Yokai Watch has done the same to pokemon...
I mean, to be fair, depending on your outlook, trading and version exclusives are arguably basic elements for the monster collecting genre. And I don't have a problem YW taking those basic ideas.

What I do have a problem with is that Pokemon seems to be adding a few specific things and changing its pace with the anime that makes it closer to YW's structure:

-Adding a ghostly side-kick who helps you gather data for monsters, having a similar premise to Whisper.

-Suddenly changing the pace of the Pokemon anime to hit closer to a slice-of-life school anime similar to YW and putting Ash back to school. (Which is theorized according the CoroCoro leak)

-Directly making Z-Rings a watch toy like the Yo-kai Watch watch toy to summon powerful attacks, in addition to trainers dancing being part of a phase, somewhat like when Yo-kai dance with their specific tribe song to get summoned.

I can understand Pokemon wanting to change after seeing YW2 dominated ORAS in sales in Japan, but as someone who bears knowledge of both franchises, you can't help but feel suspicious and think that Game Freak took direct specific ideas from Yo-kai Watch to implement in their franchise. Some of the additions/changes do not feel really necessary and feel added for the sake of being competitive to other monster collecting games.

That's where I base my opinion from. And I feel the need to share this long opinion because it personally concerns me to where the Pokemon franchise will go to in the future, with a path of being similar or having its own identity again in the next generation.

Is it a bad idea to take some general ideas to help improve your franchise? No. But when you transition and take very specific cues that made YW great into the games/anime to make Pokemon better, I can't help but feel personally upset at Game Freak.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alright, I am here again, this will mostly be focusing on why I formulated the opinion I have for Pokemon S/M.
Yes I am.

I mean, to be fair, depending on your outlook, trading and version exclusives are arguably basic elements for the monster collecting genre. And I don't have a problem YW taking those basic ideas.

What I do have a problem with is that Pokemon seems to be adding a few specific things and changing its pace with the anime that makes it closer to YW's structure:

-Adding a ghostly side-kick who helps you gather data for monsters, having a similar premise to Whisper.

-Suddenly changing the pace of the Pokemon anime to hit closer to a slice-of-life school anime similar to YW and putting Ash back to school. (Which is theorized according the CoroCoro leak)

-Directly making Z-Rings a watch toy like the Yo-kai Watch watch toy to summon powerful attacks, in addition to trainers dancing being part of a phase, somewhat like when Yo-kai dance with their specific tribe song to get summoned.

I can understand Pokemon wanting to change after seeing YW2 dominated ORAS in sales in Japan, but as someone who bears knowledge of both franchises, you can't help but feel suspicious and think that Game Freak took direct specific ideas from Yo-kai Watch to implement in their franchise. Some of the additions/changes do not feel really necessary and feel added for the sake of being competitive to other monster collecting games.

That's where I base my opinion from. And I feel the need to share this long opinion because it personally concerns me to where the Pokemon franchise will go to in the future, with a path of being similar or having its own identity again in the next generation.

Is it a bad idea to take some general ideas to help improve your franchise? No. But when you transition and take very specific cues that made YW great into the games/anime to make Pokemon better, I can't help but feel personally upset at Game Freak.
Wait wait wait...what other RPGs do the multiple versions/version exclusives thing? Besides maybe one Mega Man game that I could be imagining anyway since I don't know much about the non-classic series, that's ALWAYS been Pokémon's thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait wait wait...what other RPGs do the multiple versions/version exclusives thing? Besides maybe one Mega Man game that I could be imagining anyway since I don't know much about the non-classic series, that's ALWAYS been Pokémon's thing.
There is that one Japanese game series that is famous for being a "Bootleg pokemon game" that did version exclusives

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There is that one Japanese game series that is famous for being a "Bootleg pokemon game" that did version exclusives
OH, the televangelist one? The one Jontron covered,

Edit: Dammit mobile. Telefang.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yes I am.

I don't think Yo-Kai Watch was the first game to make a connected toy... in Japan, IIRC, that's fairly popular.

Chrono.

It became a staple of the Megaman RPGs starting with Battle Network 3, Atlus' short lived DemiKids series did it too, the Oracle Zelda games if you wanna count those, the Digimon World DS sequel, Tales of Hearts had a weird of version of this (one with anime cutscenes, the other with CGI cutscenes) and Fire Emblem Fates for a more recent example.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Kaijuu Telefang or whatever it's called did it too.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There's Medarot (Medabots in the west), Inazuma Eleven and probably a few other Japan exclusive monster/robot collecting series that have this multiple version thing going. Pokemon is definitely not the only one, but it's probably the most notable one world wide I guess.

Edit: Guess I've been:4greninja:'d with more examples.

Last edited:

Chrono.

There's Medarot (Medabots in the west), Inazuma Eleven and probably a few other Japan exclusive monster/robot collecting series that have this multiple version thing going. Pokemon is definitely not the only one, but it's probably the most notable one world wide though.

Edit: Guess I've been:4greninja:'d with more examples.
Oh wow I can't believe I forgot about the Medabots games.

I even had both versions!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Today I learned about several monster collecting games I hadn't heard of before. :laugh:

And ah, it was the Battle Network series. I should get more up to speed on non-classic Mega Man.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As a toku fan I can confirm this. Toei considers Kamen Rider Gaim a huge success despite the horrendous ratings. Because the toys were stupidly popular
LOL, I wanted to get the Figuarts of Kamen Rider Durian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom