• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
IDK, I had only one thought when I saw UB02 Expansion.

The shape and horn on the head?

"Awaken, my masters!!"

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
>Ash going to school

RIP Serena.

RIP Amourshipping
There's still the anime announcement coming this Thursday after the one hour special concluding the Team Flare arc, so maybe more information will be revealed there, perhaps Serena's return among the new info. I doubt Serena is returning at this point though with this recent news. Hopefully, she'll at least confess before she leaves Ash.

And I can only imagine the second wave of salt coming from the Pokemon community kicking in as we speak because of how popular Amourshipping has become.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There's still the anime announcement coming this Thursday after the one hour special concluding the Team Flare arc, so maybe more information will be revealed there, perhaps Serena's return among the new info. I doubt Serena is returning at this point though with this recent news. Hopefully, she'll at least confess before she leaves Ash.

And I can only imagine the second wave of salt coming from the Pokemon community kicking in as we speak because of how popular Amourshipping has become.
It's not just a matter of the ship's popularity.

The anime itself was far less subtle about AmourShipping compared to other ships. I hope the writers do it justice, because given the sheer amount of hinting, it would be a pity.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

The anime itself was far less subtle about AmourShipping compared to other ships. I hope the writers do it justice, because given the sheer amount of hinting, it would be a pity.
The best we can hope for is that Serena confesses and she goes along with Ash to the Aloha region in the new anime.

But considering how they ended the league for X and Y, I'm convinced it will be anything but that lol.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just want to point out an observation...

Gladion's name likely comes from the Gladiolus...which is also referred to as the 'Sword Lily'....UB-02 Expansion seems to have a sword on its head...

Just food for thought...

Expansion so far doesn't directly resemble any in game characters unlike the other UBs...other than the 'sword' and its red and black colouring it doesn't share any characteristics with Gladion directly...

Interesting to note how the UB-02s are personifications of femininity and masculinity...I do wonder if there's a masculine counterpart to UB-01...

This time it'll be even worse than during the league, as it's not only a misleading episode title, there's been blatant hints during the whole season.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
So.
Calling a moritorium for the rival poll.
The results?
Silver, Son of Giovanni - 7 Votes, 29%
Gary Green-Blue Oak, The Champion - 5 Votes, 21%
Wally, The Wallflower Warrior - 4 Votes, 17%
Natural Harmonia Gropius, The Landless King - 3 Votes, 13%
Barry, The Brash Bragard - 1 Vote, 8%
Bianca, The Sheltered Sweetheart - 1 Vote, 8%
Hugh, The One-Note Angster - 1 Vote, 8%

RIP Cheren, should've gotten Barry's vote.
No he shouldn't have :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
CoroCoro analysis time!:
  • Rockruff's day time evo is so effin' badass! I want it!
  • Its night time evo reminds me of Killer Instinct's Sabrewulf. Kinda "eh."
  • UB-02 Beauty is easily Lusaimine. They're not even trying to hide this stuff.
  • UB-02 Expansion... Uh... Some kinda of buff mosquito thingy? I don't know at all.
  • Type: Null's true strength soon, huh? If it's ain't
    related I'll be disappoint.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ultra Beast Expansion looks like Baymax more than anything

And I like the werewolf Rockruff

And Ash is so broken after his Kalos lost that he just quit and decided to go the slice of life route and just chill

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I feel like Lugarugan's midnight form will be Rock/Ghost...

Someone posted a link talking about the Hawaiian creature known as the Kaupe...which is basically a Hawaiian werewolf...it is referred to as a 'calling ghost' which works similarly as the sirens as they lure their victims by calling out to them...it is said to be a spirit that roams Oahu...

Although due to its malevolent nature Lugarugan's typing could easily be a Dark type as well...or perhaps it could straight up lose the Rock type and become Ghost/Dark who knows at this point? I wouldn't mind as Ghost/Dark is my favourite type combination...
But I hope it'll be Rock/Ghost as it is a unique type combo and is a better combo than Rock/Dark since its not 4x weak to fighting but instead immune to it...

Midday form is likely going to remain pure Rock as no other types really suit it other than Normal, which I don't see a reason for them to give it a Normal typing without Rockruff also being Notmal...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Rockruff's day evolution is far better, IMO. Regular wolf, sure, but at least it's a competent design and not a lanky edgy werewolf with a bad haircut. :p

Can't wait to know more about Type: Null.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Rockruff's day evolution is far better, IMO. Regular wolf, sure, but at least it's a competent design and not a lanky edgy werewolf with a bad haircut. :p

Can't wait to know more about Type: Null.
but warewolfs stand on two feet, Day is just a normal wolf really *shurg* no one said warewolves looked pretty

Plus I like the design, looks cool and reminds me if Keaton

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
UB-02 Expansion looks like Kanji's Rokuten Maou

And I have a bad feeling that we're gonna get BW Ash back considering he's going to a freakin' school.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, my problem with Day!Rockruff is that its design is just nothing special
It doesn't stand out, neither in a good or bad way, it's just there
Night!Rockruff at least has the whole werewolf thing going on
My bet is pure Rock and Rock/Dark(unless they pull a Lunala and make it Ghost but goddamnit I want more Dark Pokemon this Gen has literally none right now)

Also, Amourshipping isn't dead
The Alola anime is going to be a Slice of Life Middle School anime where Ash has his own harem with all his past traveling companions, and while it's obvious from Day 1 who he'll end up with, they'll somehow manage to spend time trying to make it look like there's the possibility of him ending up with anyone but the main female character

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In retrospect I probably should have thought to downplay things instead of simply sitting there getting hyped.

. . .But then, it's never really gotten to the point where even CoroCoro was treated as a disappointment. I had no idea what to expect.

We were promised Rockruff's evo, we got Rockruff's evo. Nothing else was promised.

There's another announcement thing in two days that may or may not show more.

I'm a bit divided on myself because Night Form doesn't really match my preferences that well but people going "Wow this sucks" to everything ever announced in a video game continues to wear on me a bit. But I was planning on getting Sun anyway, so I guess that's not entirely my dilemma if it ends up being version exclusive. Oh well. I just hope I don't have to hear about how much people hate the evos for too long, I might go crazy. . .er.

My real concern here is if this is the "secret" Rockruff shares with the starters.

The leaked starters strongly resemble Moon forms, so what would their Sun forms look like. . .?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, done.
Turn to Metroid II: Return of Samus !

3 years ago, I would have said I prefer Corruption over Echoes.
Today, it's kinda the opposite.

Though in the end, it is like comparing 3 gold nuggets: while Corruption might be the least big of the 3, it is still a nugget.

(Not to mention it's still the one and only Wii game to take the best advantage and make the most fun use from the Wiimote+Nunchuk combo, and no other game have done better since.)

Now I'm gonna prepare myself to play not only the oldest Metroid title I own, but also the only one I've never finished yet.

(And if you ask, I've never found a link to donload AM2R, and I still prefer to play to the games to their original version, except for Zero Mission which is a remake of the first Metroid.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So it's pretty safe to say the split evos leak is fake now.
Looking at this, what's fake? Rockruff has day and night evos. I still don't find this real though.
There's a reeeallly prominent Lapras in the anime poster.

Please tell me Ash's makes a return.

Although, if we want him to get 5 new Pokemon, that'll have to be one of his companions.
That's what I'm hoping for. Unlike the charziard, lapras has no pokegear, so it be awesome if it was Ash's.

I'm getting a Night!Rockruff and naming it Keaton or Velouria depending on its gender
Same, it looks like skinny Keaton.

Clearly she falls in love with Alain instead, End of Armour shipping.
:p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts:

Day rockruff is pretty awesome, leaning towards that. Night one isn't to bad, but I don't overly like it.

Mixed feelings on the anime. Gives me to many Yokai Watch vibes, between that pose and premise. Hope it's good though. Don't know why Ash goes to school. My guess is he is learning about all the new Alola features and in his free time, he'll fight the trial captains. Three of them attend there already. Or he'll stay at school for the start but begin his journey soon after.

Hope Lapras is his, and the litten or rowlett. I also like that Team Rocket is getting Beware. Fits well. I also bank on ash living with Oak's cousin. And Lilie is also here and she's got Alolan vulpix which is neat. The anime has a lot of story potential, so I look forward to seeing if it takes off.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Also "generic" seems like a really weird complaint for Day Form.

No one complains about :020: being a generic rat or :098: being a generic crab or whatever.

I get the feeling the disappointment stems from people letting their fantasies about Rockruff run far too wild and then predictably not having the actual thing live up to it.

Like, I've had to listen to people saying "We need a REAL wolf!" for over a gen now. Well, now we got two in one. Normal wolf and werewolf, for your wolfy needs.

If this gen ends up having a dolphin Pokemon I bet people are going to be upset over that, too.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

No one complains about :020: being a generic rat or :098: being a generic crab or whatever.

I get the feeling the disappointment stems from people letting their fantasies about Rockruff run far too wild and then predictably not having the actual thing live up to it.

Like, I've had to listen to people saying "We need a REAL wolf!" for over a gen now. Well, now we got two in one. Normal wolf and werewolf, for your wolfy needs.

If this gen ends up having a dolphin Pokemon I bet people are going to be upset over that, too.
If anything, my only complaint about Rockruff's evos is that they arent husky enough. The both look super skinny when Rockruff was at a good shape. But thats just me, I dont mind the basicness of the evos.

As for the anime, wat. I get that the island has no league and all, but did they really have to go the route of making the anime a "slice-of-life"? Im whatever on it, since I havent actually seen it, but Im skeptical to say the least.

Also, I show no interest in Ultra Beasts, because they arent something Id want to catch and use anyways.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Raticate and Krabby weren't said to hold a special secret connected with their starters....

Also I have seen plenty of people complain about their genericness through the years...

Lugarugan's only just got revealed so naturally people will voice their complaints if they don't like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom