• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oh, that's the leak they were discussing on Serebii. I'm hoping that Arbok gets an Alolan form, but I'd prefer it to be Water/Poison.... Fighting would just be a weird choice for a snake....
But snakes are good at fighting too. :snake:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And that's a wrap on Pokemon Y once again...

Grinded my Pokemon's levels to around 60+ before taking on the Elite Four...was pretty easy despite Seibold's Gyarados giving me issues However Moldarach managed to take it down after it took out half my team (if only Alakazam could learn a better Electric type attack other than Charge Beam)...

As for Diantha, not too much problems, her Gardevoir put up a fight but Beth finished her off fairly well...

I really dislike this set-up for the Elite four, which was implemented in Gen 5...they each get only 4 Pokemon first of all and they're all the same level...there's no added difficulty as you progress forward until you reach the Champion, who isn't really that difficult herself...
Having them progressively get harder makes it feel more rewarding reaching the champion who now serves as your final test and last obstacle...having them all the same level means they get weaker as you go because one you can take out the hardest one first, and two your pokemon can actually get stronger as you progress while the Elite Four themselves don't...
Before Gen 5 the Pokemon League always felt like one last final mountain you had to climb...not a race to the finish on a flat surface...

Anyways....

Kellam
Was actually pretty close since Smaug did serve as my powerhouse (even as a Shelgon+Eviolite he was putting in work soaking up hits), but I felt that on the few times I struggled Kellam came in clutch thanks to Spiky Shield and Power-up Punch serving as a pretty decent combo to set-up for the kill...

Final Team Rankings
1. Kellam

2. Smaug

3. Beth

4. Moldarach

5. Einstein

6. Bruce

Einstein became much less useful after Smaug evolved into a Salamence, though he did do quite a bit of work early on...Bruce unfortunately was pretty much always playing catch up, didn't help he was a rather late addition to the team as I could have added him to the team a lot sooner when I first acquired the Good Rod and he could have proved to be much more useful had I got him earlier...though he wasn't useless as he still proved to be useful as he was my team's water type...

Last edited:

Sephazon

月に代わって、お仕置きよ !
Writing Team
NNID
Sephazon
Well my friends, today, at 11:00am PST, I will learn if I'm an employee of Nintendo of America.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just learned more about Male bees than I ever needed to know.

They only mate once.

They have such a strong reaction to it, the load they shoot out also contains their guts

They literally explode after mating. And the explosion is audible to humans.

Imagine being near a bee hive and hearing "Pop!". Yep, bee's mating

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well my friends, today is the day I learn if I'm an employee of Nintendo of America.
. . .Well now the nerves are getting to ME and I'm not even applying for the job.

You've made it this far. I. . .I hope you make it! I'm rooting for you!

Chrono.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So coro coro has leaked and heres whats been said on serebii(so we dont make fools of ourselves)

1.-The name of the Pokémon Rockruff evolves into is Lugarugan and has a different appearance based on if it evolves in Day or in Night. It notes that Rockruff becomes the Day form when bathed in the rays of the sun.

2.-There are also two Ultra Beasts called UB02, UB02 Beauty and UB02 Expansion

so TL;DR rockruffs evolution is based off of time not game version

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Ash Greninja is still very much a Pokemon.

Going by the descriptions they've given us, UBs are their own thing.

Ah, I see.

Also, what do we think about the starters also having day evo and night evo forms?

If Siren Poppolio is real, it could very much be a night form.

Chrono.

So coro coro has leaked and heres whats been said on serebii(so we dont make fools of ourselves)

1.-The name of the Pokémon Rockruff evolves into is Lugarugan and has a different appearance based on if it evolves in Day or in Night. It notes that Rockruff becomes the Day form when bathed in the rays of the sun.

2.-There are also two Ultra Beasts called UB02, UB02 Beauty and UB02 Expansion

so TL;DR rockruffs evolution is based off of time not game version
@PushDustIn Read the scans on the Discord chat, they're version exclusive.

The Ultra Beasts are also version exclusive it seems (Beauty for Sun, Expansion for Moon).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
update from serebii

the reason theres 2 UB-02 is that they are version exclusive
Buuff mosquito will be sun exclusive and Lusimine will be moon exclusive

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
L E A K B O Y S
Some anime ****.

Rockruff's evolutions are version exclusive, apparently.
Rockruff's evolutions are nice. Seems like the first one won't change typings though, but I could be wrong.

As for the Ultra Beasts, one of them is clearly supposed to be based on Lusamine, and the other one is, well...

.. I don't know what the **** that's supposed to be.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
@PushDustIn Read the scans on the Discord chat, they're version exclusive.

The Ultra Beasts are also version exclusive it seems (Beauty for Sun, Expansion for Moon).
and im going off of what serebii is reporting which does include the ultra beasts....but with the version they are exclusive to being reversed

as seen at the bottom of this scan shwoing sun for expansion and beauty for moon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Serebii says nothing about Rockruff's evos being version exclusive and just what a "day-night" dependant evolution would sound like

I can already see the Expand Dong jokes

And is this all there is in this Corocoro? Kinda disappointing tbh :/

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
And in anime news serebii has revealed the plot of the anime
"The anime series is Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon and will air in November. In it, Ash will receive a Z Ring and meet the Melemele Island Guardian, Tapu Koko. In the series, Ash is going to school and his goal is to graduate "like never before""

Chrono.

and im going off of what serebii is reporting which does include the ultra beasts....but with the version they are exclusive to being reversed

as seen at the bottom of this scan shwoing sun for expansion and beauty for moon
Serebii says nothing about Rockruff's evos being version exclusive and just what a "day-night" dependant evolution would sound like

I can already see the Expand Dong jokes

And is this all there is in this Corocoro? Kinda disappointing tbh :/
Kinda up in the air right now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"The anime series is Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon and will air in November. In it, Ash will receive a Z Ring and meet the Melemele Island Guardian, Tapu Koko. In the series, Ash is going to school and his goal is to graduate "like never before""
So it's going to become a slice of life anime, dealing with the usual school scenarios like entrance exams and the like?
I wonder if Ash will finally become champion and top the national mock exams.

AreJay25

Ash going to school?

Does this mean he can finally turn 11 years old?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
And finally we have confirmation that the nest issue of corocoro will reveal type: nulls FULL POWER

again from serebii

L E A K B O Y S
Some anime ****.

Rockruff's evolutions are version exclusive, apparently.
I prefer the night form, but I was going to get Moon anyway.

Also, looks like Serena will be written out. Ban petition confirmed. :troll:

Chrono.

I prefer the night form, but I was going to get Moon anyway.

Also, looks like Serena will be written out. Ban petition confirmed. :troll:
Almost as if the anime was going through a status quo for 20 years now.

Though I will admit that keeping Serena wasn't totally off base, I mean they kept Brock.

Though he is a sorta special case.

AreJay25

Wonder if Type:Null's true power involves removing the helmet. It's supposed to suppress it, after all.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Serena being left out would be weird.

The shipping was so blatant, that I thought the writers must have had something on their minds.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
regardless i will be getting both forms of Lugarugan

which intreatingly enough sounds like the loup-garou
which is tied into the another variation of werewolf called the "rougarou"

I'm sorry but what?

Does Ash just give up or something?
Maybe he and his mom move to alola? i mean its as good a reason as any other to get him to go to school and also have him explore alola

regardless im excited for pokemon the college years...i wonder if any plastic red cups will show up

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like the wolf form more than the werewolf personally.

I think the werewolf's tail hair is silly.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So im definitely putting Night woofer Lugarugen on my team and he will be called Terry
after the wild wolf himself

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
There's a reeeallly prominent Lapras in the anime poster.

Please tell me Ash's makes a return.

Although, if we want him to get 5 new Pokemon, that'll have to be one of his companions.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and now a very poorly done pic mainly to show off the two lugarugen and make a bad pun

and incase its hard to read the pokemon font says
"the Diffrence between them is Day & Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom