• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Night Lugarugan looks amazing. I'm really tempted to use it on my team but I really don't want to use the last spot on another Alolan Pokémon, and I don't want to kick Popplio, Vikavolt, or Turtonator off either.

Oh and Day Lugarugan is OK I guess.

:094:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Night Lugarugan looks amazing. I'm really tempted to use it on my team but I really don't want to use the last spot on another Alolan Pokémon, and I don't want to kick Popplio, Vikavolt, or Turtonator off either.

Oh and Day Lugarugan is OK I guess.

:094:
thanks to pokebank you can do multiple playthroughs and im definitely going to do 3 playthroughs
(one for each starter) because A theres too many GOOD pokemon
and B the now VERY real day night forms of the final evolutions
mean ill need to breed them a few additional times to truly make up my living dex
(also it will let me guilt free playthrough ORAS a few times and get the rest of the deoxsys forms)

Chrono.

The UBs look really out there, nothing about them really screams Pokemon to you (this is including some of the more offbeat Pokemon out there).

Given the information we have so far on UBs this seems to be a deliberate design choice.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
L E A K B O Y S
Some anime ****.

Rockruff's evolutions are version exclusive, apparently.
So Wrestling Tigger confirmed as Ash's chosen Alola starter? :troll:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Welp.
I'm dropping Rockruff from my team RIGHT quick.
why you have 2 solid designs and until wednesday its very much unconfirmed that they are based off of version
(serebii stil says its based off of time so im gonna roll with that untill proven wrong)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Who would have thought we would have Knuckles the Echidna as an Ultra Beast?

Now I'm completely torn on getting the Moon version.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
why you have 2 solid designs and until wednesday its very much unconfirmed that they are based off of version
(serebii stil says its based off of time so im gonna roll with that untill proven wrong)
Day looks... uninteresting to me, a rather lanky on the side of malnourished looking large hunter dog.
Night is a derpy werewolf.
And the kind of "passion" I had on using Rockruff has fallen off. Same happened to Wimpod.
Edit: Probably because.... neither of these LOOK that related to Rockruff to me. For lack of better wording, these feel like the split evo you'd get in a later generation than the direct growth of its design.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Day looks... uninteresting to me, a rather lanky on the side of malnourished looking large hunter dog.
Night is a derpy werewolf.
And the kind of "passion" I had on using Rockruff has fallen off. Same happened to Wimpod.
all im gonna say is wait untill we see them in motion before your write them both off

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The UBs look really out there, nothing about them really screams Pokemon to you (this is including some of the more offbeat Pokemon out there).

Given the information we have so far on UBs this seems to be a deliberate design choice.
Really? UB02 Beauty doesn't look that different aesthetically from Meoletta to me.

UB01 does look very non-sapient though (much like an actual jellyfish, and unlike most Pokémon)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The beauty UB has Lusamine's posture, hair, pose and high heels. jfc GF
UB Dong makes me think of a certain theme
Hope the shiny is blue (They have to make shinies as a failsafe or something)
Rockruff's evos are kinda alright. If the moonlight form is ****, I'll give it a crappy moveset and call it verlis
Tye Null info next month? jfc corocoro I want it noooooooow

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So is it just corocoro that's leaked or is this another leaked trailer?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was kinda hoping for that, honestly.
Maybe then people will grow to love him instead of moaning about how they wanted a quadrupedal Fire Type evo for once.

I for one would be excited if he's chosen like on the Chinese Leak image.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So it's safe to look at. Phew. Thought I was gonna have to NOPE off the internet for a minute there.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So the theory now is Aether are all UBs?

What a tweest!

Wonder if that'll hurt Wicke's fandom any...

Chrono.

So uh, The Last Guardian just got delayed, again.

The game still comes out this year, but it's gonna come out in the same week FFXV and Gravity Rush 2 do.

That week is ****ed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also the UBs all look like deep sea creatures so far. We've been there before but Chinchou and Lanturn are only Anglers in the sense they use light.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Also the UBs all look like deep sea creatures so far. We've been there before but Chinchou and Lanturn are only Anglers in the sense they use light.
UB 02 Expansion looks like a sea creature?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Are they?

I thought the UB02s were a roach and a mosquito respectively.
I thought beauty was more like a Trilobite crossed with one of those deep sea soft things I forgot the name for. As for Expansion, I can't remember the name of what it looks like but it matches the "God's rejects bin" look of most deep sea creatures.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok...saw the leaks...

Lugarugan...wasn't blown away at all if I'm being completely honest here...Day form looks pretty basic, and night form looks....eh...
I expected more from our first wolf Pokemon to be honest...I guess this means I'll be using Icetales on my team, unless my mind changes along the way...

UB's....Beauty (totally not Lusamine) and Expansion (perhaps Gladion? though it doesn't really look like any character we've seen) are the UB's all going to be personifications of human characters we've seen?

Either way once again I'm not really blown away...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Lugarugan's Midday Form has become one of my favorite Alola Pokemon; its right behind Lurantis right now. It looks simple yet amazing at the same time. Not a big fan of the Midnight Form though; it looks rather... odd.

It sounds like Lugarugan's Forms will have something to do with day and night. Well, I'm glad I got Pokemon Sun so that I have a better chance to evolve Rockruff during the day.

UB-02 Beauty resembles Lusamine quite a bit with the posture and long hair, though UB-02 Expansion doesn't seem to resemble any one in particular at the moment. It's also interesting to hear that those two Ultra Beasts "will change depending on the two versions of the game."

As for the Sun and Moon anime, the art style looks a bit off, but I guess that fits the bright and cheery atmosphere of Alola. It looks like Ash will befriend the Grass, Water, and Electric Trial Captains from the get go, and hopefully, we'll see Lillie a fair bit. Let's also hope that Ash maintains his maturity from the XY and XY&Z series, because that is when Ash was at his most likable.

D

Deleted member

I'm getting a Night!Rockruff and naming it Keaton or Velouria depending on its gender

D

Deleted member

Lmao I'm late af
Lugarugan's midday form looks better imo, I have finally found myself a good reason to pick Sun over Moon, as I'm definetly gonna use it in my team. Midnight form looks edgy af tbh
I don't have much to say on the Ultra beasts or the Alola anime, since I don't follow the anime.

D

Deleted member

Lmao I'm late af
Lugarugan's midday form looks better imo, I have finally found myself a good reason to pick Sun over Moon, as I'm definetly gonna use it in my team. Midnight form looks edgy af tbh
I don't have much to say on the Ultra beasts or the Alola anime, since I don't follow the anime.
EDIT: Accidental Double post, please delete or ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm getting a Night!Rockruff and naming it Keaton or Velouria depending on its gender
Yeah, Lugarugan's Midnight Form colors do have the colors of Keaton's promoted class. Naming it after Keaton and Velouria makes sense.

Similarly, I'm probably going to name the Midday Form "Kaden" or "Selkie" depending on the gender. That form reminds me of them (namely the Ninetails class and how both are quad pedal with bushy tails and a lot of white coloring).

First we have Owain/Odin in the form of Gladeon, now we have Lugarugan having some resemblance to Kaden and Keaton with its two forms. I wonder if the Sun and Moon team got some inspiration from Fire Emblem Fates? If so, it'd be cool to see characters like Oboro or Arthur (or at least people that look similar to them personality wise) in a Pokemon game.

Day form Rockruff looks neat. For some reason he reminds me of Red XIII so that is automatically gives it a few extra points for me. Night form looks weird AF and I couldn't care much less about it.

Also lol Ash

:061:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ash's eyes look so small and spread out that it it kind of reminds me of the art style of Pokemon Origins. I'm also seeing comparisons drawn with Yokai Watch from what I've heard....

Not that I can blame him looking silly while he seems to be performing a Z-move since it kind of looks a bit silly even in the games themselves....

Rockruff's evo's look pretty interesting though, the night evolution reminds me a bit of Zoroark but then again, Zoroark itself always kind of reminded me a bit of a werewolf.

The ultra beasts seem intriguing though.

Last edited:

Chrono.

From what I'm gathering Rockruff's evolutions have been divisive.

But the Day form seems to be getting the most love (other than the common 'looks generic' thing).

Meanwhile the Night form seems to be generally not well liked.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well, I needed this after a rough weekend, so I'll give my thoughts.

-It looks like the Rockruff forms bit was true, though we didn't get four like that one said. So as of now, the four big leaks are the Riddler, Chinese, Starter Concepts, and the base Bewear leak (I'm really starting to think the later posts are copycats).
-Of the forms, day is my favorite, I do agree it looks a bit basic, but I still think it works very well. I like the wolf design for it, and I do like it has a bit of the majesty that wolfs are known for. Night form, which while I do like it, I also do consider to be the weaker of the two since I was expecting it to be a bit bulkier to better portray the werewolf look and there are some details I would've redone. Still, it's not a bad design, so I'm OK with it and hopefully it'll look better in animation like most of the new Pokémon have (and I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of Keaton and Velouria when looking at it, it even has Keaton's black and white hair and his transformed state's promoted colors).
-UB02 Beauty definitely looks like the head of Aether, so there's definitely something going on there. Expansion looks very cool, it seems like it'd be the enforcer of the bunch. Also, I do like that they're basing these guys off of deep sea creatures (though Expansion also gives me mosquito vibes), it makes them seem almost Lovecraftian and I love it when games play around with those elements.
-I look forward to seeing what the big deal with Type Null is.
-Not surprised Ash is in Alola and he seems to be heading off alone, as much as things change, some things must stay the same with the anime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom