• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
One problem with getting so easily invested in Sun & Moon speculation: waiting for this month's Corocoro to leak has me like

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Conspiracy Hypothesis: most industry leaks are intentional marketing.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, my mom officially feels dirty after what she's seen and Jesus will be needing her after the craziness that was Sausage Party's ending.

Somehow, that reaction from her wasn't that surprising since lowbrow adult comedies was always the devil for her (South Park, Family Guy, etc). :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, my mom officially feels dirty after what she's seen and Jesus will be needing her after the craziness that was Sausage Party's ending.

Somehow, that reaction from her wasn't that surprising since lowbrow adult comedies was always the devil for her (South Park, Family Guy, etc). :troll:
Well, she had it coming.

Did you warn her prior to her watching it?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I am disappoint.
There is no Engineer Toon Link costume.
Welp, time to do the Final Battle.

Edit: Actually gonna save it until Tink's Lv4+ comes next pack.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, she had it coming.

Did you warn her prior to her watching it?
I sure did. She said that it can't be that bad before we started. The Hitler Sauerkraut was was one red flag, the sausages wanting to bang the buns was another red flag, and the whole douche subplot was another red flag. Needless to say, she had it coming if she thought she was prepared for the cornucopia of food sexual fantasies.

That was quite the night for my first week of college since the summer. :laugh:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I sure did. She said that it can't be that bad before we started. The Hitler Sauerkraut was was one red flag, the sausages wanting to bang the buns was another red flag, and the whole douche subplot was another red flag. Needless to say, she had it coming if she thought she was prepared for the cornucopia of food sexual fantasies.

That was quite the night for my first week of college since the summer. :laugh:
That poor poor sheila, she's going to need all the Jesus to wash that memory from her eyes. How could you show her the filth that was Sausage Party? This is too much coming out of you.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She'll live, it's nothing too serious. Just some sleep and praying will be enough to take her mind off of Rogan's sick food fantasies. She should have known better after watching Rogan's other comedies and definitely the South Park movie.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Champ Gold Champ Gold
@Awesomedude4444
Chrono. Chrono.
AreJay25 AreJay25

What do you guys think of the Backlash PPV? Personally I thought the show was great with the Women's, Tag Team matches, and the main event match delivering. Awesome to see AJ, Becky, and Heath to have their moments. Styles as WWE Champion is something I would have never seen coming like 5-8 year ago. So happy to see him being the World champion of the biggest promotion in the world.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Fitting that the main event of the first SmackDown PPV of this era got defined by a smack down there.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That you've managed to enjoy one series of similar games for so long is quite impressive. *claps*
Well I'm sure it's not that hard if you do it intermittently. Whenever I play Pokemon I play it for about a month or so straight and then burn out and let my urge to continue playing hibernate until the next one is announced, at which point it builds up again. Sure I've only been in the fandom since Gen 4, but with a cycle like that it's not so hard to keep going.

I always manage to get enough new out of every Pokemon game to look back and go, "Wow, I didn't realize I sunk 100+ hours into that, time just kind of flew by while I was playing," anyway. New story, a new sidequest or three, just plain messing around for a while. Some folks complain about it all being the same, but somehow it's always the series with the video games I play the most without the time records being driven up by leaving it tabbed or using it as a sound test.

I guess I just have something different I look for out of it than some, although I can't be sure what.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Fitting that the main event of the first SmackDown PPV of this era got defined by a smack down there.
What's with Vince and nut shots? For real lol.

I assume this is leading to AJ and Dean's rematch which IMO should be a Last Man Standing match.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sausage Party being a fresh movie on Rotten Tomatoes still makes no sense to me.

It just looks like a generic stoner flick.

Chrono.

Champ Gold Champ Gold
@Awesomedude4444
Chrono. Chrono.
AreJay25 AreJay25

What do you guys think of the Backlash PPV? Personally I thought the show was great with the Women's, Tag Team matches, and the main event match delivering. Awesome to see AJ, Becky, and Heath to have their moments. Styles as WWE Champion is something I would have never seen coming like 5-8 year ago. So happy to see him being the World champion of the biggest promotion in the world.
Probably the best PPV of the year so far.

Even as a Dean fan I can't be mad at the title change so good on AJ, Becky winning was the right move even if the booking of the match was kinda weird (would've had Alexa in Carm's spot at the end, she's the better the heel and more over), HEEL Usos are really good and I'm happy they also changed their style and ring gear, Heath winning was great and shocker of the night for me, last but not least Miz and Ziggler probably had the best match either men have had in years (that didn't involve more people or weapons).

Oh yeah, Bray and Kane was a thing that happened. But even that didn't slow the PPV down.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, people really do makes OC's of Sausage Party after all!
....Huh? Well, I guess every fandom really does have their OCs.

Oh, also, since I'm back home finally. I got the chance to make and upload this in celebration of Ken vs Terry. However, I had a hard time getting a good fight between Ken and Terry in MUGEN no matter the version, either Ken would just destroy Terry or Terry would destroy Ken, depending on the version. So I thought I'd celebrate Terry being in death battle in general, and I thought hey, who would be a more even match for Terry other than Terry? :p
Also there's a skype notification in the beggining of round 2.... I find that annoying, but this fight was too good not for me to upload.

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Welp, Chikorita won the Strawpoll lol

Thanks to everyone who voted. I'll do updates when I get around to it.

Champ Gold Champ Gold
@Awesomedude4444
Chrono. Chrono.
AreJay25 AreJay25

Solid PPV. Good matches all around, though some of the booking choices were... weird, to say the least *cough Bray vs. Kane cough*.

Happy with all of the new champions, AJ winning was a pleasant surprise.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Well that's not bad love. The horseradish is actually cute. But then we have stuff like this.

This is supposed to be the daughter of Firewater and Twink. My question is how the hell is that supposed to work? We do know food can mate, but definitely not reproduce. >.>

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well that's not bad love. The horseradish is actually cute. But then we have stuff like this.

This is supposed to be the daughter of Firewater and Twink. My question is how the hell is that supposed to work? We do know food can mate, but definitely not reproduce. >.>
This the same man that though bath salts was the only way for humans to see walking talking food with their own eyes.

Anything a fan does may seem just as likely as a bong head like Rogan.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

It's things like this that make me think that people do this ironically.

In regards to Sausage Party itself, I have interest in seeing it, it looks stupid enough to enjoy. I probably not watch it in theaters (all my nearby theaters only have one showing of the movie at night anyway.)

I am actually happy it was a success though, hopefully we'll see some more R-rated animated movies because of it.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's things like this that make me think that people do this ironically.

In regards to Sausage Party itself, I have interest in seeing it, it looks stupid enough to enjoy. I probably not watch it in theaters (all my nearby theaters only have one showing of the movie at night anyway.

I am actually happy it was a success though, hopefully we'll see some more R-rated animated movies because of it.
I used to think Bronies did their thing completely Ironically

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I used to think Bronies did their thing completely Ironically
I think the divide in things like this is the assumption that everyone must have an identical mindset to *self* or either not exist or have something wrong with them on some level.

Some people can look past the fact that a show's character designs aren't stereotypically masculine or stereotypically mature and enjoy the storytelling or message behind it. Others can look at the concept behind a movie many people find revolting and wonder what additional characters not established in it would be like.

Taste is subjective, and people aren't wrong for having differences in it. The real problem is when people start looking down on others for said differences.

Sometimes there are things that feel rather morally wrong that you'd rather not see. That's what age restrictions on certain sites are for. Or forums.

But at the end of the day, the mere concept of someone liking something or making hypothetical characters in tribute of it isn't really bad at all, even if many attempts can fall under Sturgeon's Law for one reason or another.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Another thing I kind of like about Sausage Party is that, from what I've listened to, it has a pretty good score. I was surprised to hear that Alan Menken did it.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sausage Party being a fresh movie on Rotten Tomatoes still makes no sense to me.

It was okay. For the most part it felt like watching a modern Family Guy episode or one of the more out there American Dads.

It did have some clever jokes, but the bulk of them made fun of stereotypes or felt like they were WTF for the sake of being WTF. There was a message about "blind faith" but it felt kind of hammered in/unnecessary; granted that could just be me having wanted something different from what I got/I think it should have tried to be more stupid.

It's a Seth Rogan movie that has drugs and little universal logic to it, that's pretty much the best description I can give. It's more like a 55%-69% than an 80% IMO. This Is The End is still my personal favorite.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Uh, from what I remember seeing in the pretty much traumatic trailer, this is a really bad sign.

Magic...? or just "It happened, screw everything."

D

Deleted member

Welp, turns out that most sausage party OCs are unironic. Which I don't have any beef with, it's just surprising is all, especially considering the general age group and the material it's based off of. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I found a funny from some guy I don't think I'll ever get to know on a forum or something
oh wow that power protoman guy sure is funny i wonder if i could be half as funny as him :troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welp, turns out that most sausage party OCs are unironic. Which I don't have any beef with, it's just surprising is all, especially considering the general age group and the material it's based off of. :p
Well, it's a well known fact on the internet that people well under the intended age group play M-rated games.

Maybe it's less of a surprise than it seems at first.

Whether or not one agrees with the kind of parenting this implies is another matter entirely, but maybe it's not a surprise.

. . .And for a completely different line of reasoning, there's likely adults who make OCs because it's fun and they won't let a number tell them when to end it.

It's probably a mix of the two.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uh, from what I remember seeing in the pretty much traumatic trailer, this is a really bad sign.
If you thought the trailer was traumatic then whooooboy, the movie is one huge ride of trauma. Especially the ending that wouldn't feel too out of place on Brazziers. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Well, it's a well known fact on the internet that people well under the intended age group play M-rated games.

Maybe it's less of a surprise than it seems at first.

Whether or not one agrees with the kind of parenting this implies is another matter entirely, but maybe it's not a surprise.

. . .And for a completely different line of reasoning, there's likely adults who make OCs because it's fun and they won't let a number tell them when to end it.

It's probably a mix of the two.
It doesn't really bug me anyway. Ever since I was in six grade I always snuck into some stuff I wasn't suppose to know about. :p Thanks to the internet And to this day at the age of 16 I still look at stuff daily to where something like sausage party doesn't appeal to me that much at all because it relies so much on shock humor, but what's shock humor without the shock? When you already look at worse on a consistent basis.

With that being said though, I do fake being disgusted IRL with other people just so I seem like an ordinary person.

But yeah, I agree with you on the matter that taste is subjective and such, well said.

dream1ng

Smash Champion

One of those generic 3d animated R-rated sentient food stoner flicks. It's been done a million times before.

D

Deleted member

One of those generic 3d animated R-rated sentient food stoner flicks. It's been done a million times before.
Well, actually it hasn't been theatrically and most are 2d animated, however, I'm not disagreeing, that was just a correction to be more accurate. But yeah, the point is what they sell as soooo original has been done to death already. Which by that I mean animation that looks like the style of children's anmation but is actually adult animation.

And not to mention that sentient food is one of the least creative ideas you can think of, how they think they're pulling something ground breaking is beyond me other than maybe releasing it theatrically, because there's tons of media out there that does what Sausage Party wants to do but far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom