• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna do that too
Get away from him, it was my idea!
It's got shorter hair than the drawing
A shorter hair isn't enough of a difference though
That'd mean Popplio's middle and final evo are basically the same
I don't even know why we are discussing this though, it's fake anyways
Actually. I'm gonna do something. Give a nickname to every Alola mon and Zygarde out there
Cutiefly: smol wusp
Bruxish: SHINY TEETH AND ME
Litten: JOHN CENA
Sandygast/Palossand: Beach *****
Turtonator: Doofenshmirtz
Stuffle/Bewear: Huggles
Rowlet: Robin Hoot
Crabrawler: Little Mac
Alola Meowth: Gray gay
Alola Raichu: Pancake
Wishiwashi: Wonder Fish
Pyukumuku: cute af
Morelull: more lel
Alola Exeggutor: discipline hat
Alola Ninetails: ice wulf
Alola Sandslash: Coldsteel
Oricorio: David Bowie
Mudsdale: yum
Minior: Starbit
Gumshoos: Gumshoe (bet you expected Trump)
Lurantis: plant waifu
Wimpod: ur mom
Mimikyu: Spoopychu
Comfey: Com hey
Bounsweet: MANGOSTEEN ARMS
Rockruff: Garo
Komola: Narkoala
Vikavolt: Gatack Zecter
Zygarde Complete: Mazinger Z
Salandit: kek
Lunaala: Darkraider or Antasma
Solgaleo: Elrich
Togedemaru: Sonichu
Magearna: bun
Tapu Koko: KOKO ARMS
Popplio: why
Drampa: Neverending
Pikipek: Woody
Alola Raticate: Faticate
Jangmo-o: Oh no-o
Type Null: Nina
I like making references with most of my Pokemon nicknames, hell, my Y team was mostly FF references
Greninja: Shadow
Tyrantrum: Atma
Trevenant: Exdeath
Aegislash: Masamune(it was because of CT but still)
As for SM's Pokemon
Type: Null: Ur-Child(both are mistakes)
Oricorio: Tethys(best dancer)
Wishiwashi: Will(my idea damnit)
Alola Meowth: Roger Smith
Crabrawler: Glass Joe(out of all the Punch Out characters, he's the best fit imo)
Jangmo-o: Giorno(that ****ing heart scale)
Pyukumuku: Star Platinum(*Stardust Crusaders plays in the background*)
I can't think of other references right now though

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man, Siivagunner's been a mess this week.

All that Bean nonsense, now this 9-11 stuff. The subreddit's going insane and panicking. In-fighting. Loss of faith. Kind of sad, really. It's been a bad week.

At least nothing as bad as the Harlequin Baby thing though...
Tbh, the channel should take a break for one month of two, to make all this lore and tensions go away and just have a channel filled with Flintstones on almost everything again.

Actually I don't even know about the Bean stuff. Could you explain me? :p

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Tbh, the channel should take a break for one month of two, to make all this lore and tensions go away and just have a channel filled with Flintstones on almost everything again.

Actually I don't even know about the Bean stuff. Could you explain me? :p
TL;DR: Songs that'd have one particular bit that's audibly quite louder than the rest, almost to jumpscare levels of differences.

D

Deleted member

Yo, that new Re: Zero episode was great
Animation wasn't as good but that's understandable(and not on KillMe Queen's level of bad)

Her: "Babe, come over"
Me: "I can't, I'm slothful"
Her: "My parents aren't home"
Me:
q2R0rUD.gif
ow my feels

Imma take this one too
This game isn't even out yet and you wanna get these feels going already?

Stop stealing my nicknames damnit

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have a feeling that Ultra Beasts will fight like Pokémon but uncatchable (like B2W2's Pokéstar Studios opponents).

If that's the case, what type do you think UB-01 will be? I say Psychic/Ghost type.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
TL;DR: Songs that'd have one particular bit that's audibly quite louder than the rest, almost to jumpscare levels of differences.
Surprisingly I never listened to a "beaned" rip, even if I check 5-6 new videos on the channel daily.
I know Snow Halation and Nutshack annoyed people but noises that can damage your ears are just plain bad, and Im saying it as a fan of MLG memes and the Sanic Green Hill Zone music.

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling that Ultra Beasts will fight like Pokémon but uncatchable (like B2W2's Pokéstar Studios opponents).

If that's the case, what type do you think UB-01 will be? I say Psychic/Ghost type.
What if they also DON'T have types? What if they don't even have a 4 move limit?
Overpowered unplayable non-trainer bosses are something I've always wanted and while Totem Pokemon are already basically it, UBs could be even more of that because they aren't Pokemon so they don't follow their rules either

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's saying something because whenever the channel does something different people tend to moan until that difference becomes yet another norm.
This kind of reminds me about how the two biggest complaints about Pokemon are that it never changes and that it dared to change at all whatsoever since Generation 1.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I would say it's more of a Psychic/Fairy, since it moves "like a little girl" and is probably you know who.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What if they also DON'T have types? What if they don't even have a 4 move limit?
Overpowered unplayable non-trainer bosses are something I've always wanted and while Totem Pokemon are already basically it, UBs could be even more of that because they aren't Pokemon so they don't follow their rules either
Typeless beasts
All types hit neutral against them
Huge movest
They hit like a truck
The only way to survive is hitting like a truck too.

:yeahboi:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Dancing Mad>Battleborn confirmed
But wait; isn't there a One Winged Angel in this game? :p

<althoughthisisprobablyajokeofthesorts(andyes,iknowaboutfinalfantasy6andthedancingmadsong),thisisnotfinalfantasy6,ratherfinalfantasy7>

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope the UBs aren't like typical RPG bosses. At least in not having a total party kill attack.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I hope the UBs aren't like typical RPG bosses. At least in not having a total party kill attack.
Since the largest amount of your team capable of being KO'd at once is 3 out of your team of six under specific rules and it gives me the impression of the kind of thing you'd fight in Single Battle, I doubt it. Pokemon goes out of it's way to be easy and forgiving for casual players too, so I doubt it'd pull something too cheap.

how di people email nintendo? I did it once and I completly forgot how to do it again
I'm not even sure at this point myself, over the past couple of years their contact information has gone from freeform to a labyrinth. But if anyone knows how then I'd be interested to hear it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
A sample for those who weren't able to experience Siivagunner's bean in full glory

The channel has the others too.

Since I was a child, I watched (and enjoyed) YouTube Poops. I was around for the golden age of unironic CD-I YTPs. As such, I'm used to, and even partial to, "earrape."
I usually have my volume lower than other people (because of my good hearing / concern for such), and I don't use headphones, so I suppose that contributes to my indifference.

On Siivagunner's stuff: Chad Daddy died so that we might have peace among rips. They're all #AQAP baby. Anyways, the whole philosophy of the channel is to make a joke of everything, even viewer's expectations. In such a context, there is no such thing as a 'bad' or 'low-quality' rip. There are some really, really legitimately good soundfont / transposition rips (one of my favorites:
), but expecting everything to be grand old remixes and mashups is like watching Monty Python and expecting them to not make dirty jokes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A sample for those who weren't able to experience Siivagunner's bean in full glory

The channel has the others too.

Since I was a child, I watched (and enjoyed) YouTube Poops. I was around for the golden age of unironic CD-I YTPs. As such, I'm used to, and even partial to, "earrape."
I usually have my volume lower than other people (because of my good hearing / concern for such), and I don't use headphones, so I suppose that contributes to my indifference.

On Siivagunner's stuff: Chad Daddy died so that we might have peace among rips. They're all #AQAP baby. Anyways, the whole philosophy of the channel is to make a joke of everything, even viewer's expectations. In such a context, there is no such thing as a 'bad' or 'low-quality' rip. There are some really, really legitimately good soundfont / transposition rips (one of my favorites:
), but expecting everything to be grand old remixes and mashups is like watching Monty Python and expecting them to not make dirty jokes.
I agree. I also remember there was a point where in order to make people laugh you had to blast up the volume VERY loud unexpectedly. :p There was a point where people were limited to and thing like skipping the video back and forth or repeating the video. Really just any form of basic editing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Typeless beasts
All types hit neutral against them
Huge movest
They hit like a truck
The only way to survive is hitting like a truck too.

:yeahboi:
Game Freak: "You guys want the games to be harder? Your gonna regret that. Every trial has a fight at one point in which the pokemon severely over levels yours. Each island as a super boss with competitively viable pokemon and a legendary. Each island ends with a super super boss fight against ultra beasts with those exact stats. And to top it off, we brought back every major character from past games in the SUPER Pokemon World Tournament. Prepare for fights like never before. Come out on top and get access to the extreme version of the Battle Frontier! Can you rise to the challenge?

How I feel when the corocoro leak still isn't here
Well that's a corocoro leak just not the one we are looking for.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Guys, CoroCoro just leaked. It has Rockruff's evolution. It looks awesome!
:troll:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Man this'd be cool.
Even if it'd basically be a (casually) better version of Aegislash.
Also it really looks more Rock/Psychic than Rock/Flying but whatever

Edit:

Covered this one for you, Ryugie.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I knew it was going to be a fake out, but after the conversation earlier I'm pretty sure for some other people here this warrants a trigger warning.

D

Deleted member

Thinking about starting a new Pokemon Crystal playthrough.

... But since I like tempting fate, I'll let you guys pick my starter. http://www.strawpoll.me/11206038
I get that some people like seeing others suffer but voting Chikorita is just outright cruel, how can anyone be this evil?
Just go with Totodile, it's the best starter in existence and that's not even a ****ing contest
Actually, scratch that, Totodile is THE best Pokemon and anyone that says otherwise is either insane or has a severe case of ****taste
Most likely it'll be a combination of the two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom