• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Is Neo going to be shown off or is Neo PS4 Pro im confuzzeled.
pro is the neo its not hard to understand if you own a ps4 dont buy pro if you dont buy the slim because odds are no one here has a 4k tv and really thats the only major thing going for it because they are making hdcr compatibility a patch for ps4 regular

Chrono.

I think 4K is ridiculously overrated. 1440 is fine as it is, they should focus on packing content into games rather than getting the newest resolution that most TVs don't even support yet.
Gotta get that rich gamer money.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think 4K is ridiculously overrated. 1440 is fine as it is, they should focus on packing content into games rather than getting the newest resolution that most TVs don't even support yet.
We have a 4K TV and we only ever watched a 4K demo on it.
I don't know why my parents bought it. (except bragging rights and looking rrly cool lol)

The actual detail and colours aren't overrated or overhyped tho. They can look amazing but yh there's virtually no support right now. Maybe in 5 years.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
PS4 Pro probably won't even be that good.
They just wanted it out before the Scorpio but they've gone way too early.

Chrono.

Uhh...

I just read some Attack on Titan spoilers and holy crap.

They got to the basement, you know what the basement had? Books that contained info stating that outside the walls everything was perfectly normal and people were inhabiting the whole Earth.

The humans on the walls being the last ones on Earth was all a lie.

What the **** lmao.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder what would happen if Nintendo announced the NX for some hilariously low price like $199 after this. :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>mfw when Super Mario Run is Apple exclusive
>mfw it's literally the 5th game in four years to straight up re-use unedited NSMBU assets

rosalina_shrug.png

It looks fine I guess but I can't get excited.

Also it apparently has a Chao Garden but with Toads. That's weird.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
>mfw when Super Mario Run is Apple exclusive
>mfw it's literally the 5th game in four years to straight up re-use unedited NSMBU assets

View attachment 117366

It looks fine I guess but I can't get excited.

Also it apparently has a Chao Garden but with Toads. That's weird.
A chao garden with toads?

That is weird... I wonder what it will be like. It's kind of creepy to see it with toads as they are more human then Chaos...

Sony is doing some questionable things.
Watch the NX support Blue Ray

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Angry Bill and Miyamoto should be a meme.

Nintendo should get C&D'd for that just for them to get a taste of their own medicine and see how they like it when they're forced to scrap a project against their own will.
It's stupid responses like this that make me cringe. I understand you guys are all butt hurt about Nintendo taking down fan projects but for christ sake Nintendo OWNS the rights to their characters. I totally understand making a project based around nintendo characters and what not, but when it gets taken down it shouldn't be "Fu** nintendo". It's ultimately the creators fault for using characters without permission.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A chao garden with toads?

That is weird... I wonder what it will be like. It's kind of creepy to see it with toads as they are more human then Chaos...

Watch the NX support Blue Ray
I could be simplifying it a bit, but that's what it sounds like from the PR.

upload_2016-9-7_21-13-7.png

Also, see how the Toads look there?

The whole game should look like that.

Or at least, they should finally make a game that looks like that on NX.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Uhh...

I just read some Attack on Titan spoilers and holy crap.

They got to the basement, you know what the basement had? Books that contained info stating that outside the walls everything was perfectly normal and people were inhabiting the whole Earth.

The humans on the walls being the last ones on Earth was all a lie.

What the **** lmao.
I've never watched or read it but knowing the premise I'm not actually surprised.

I'm pretty sure survivors of any given apocalypse wouldn't be constrained to just one location. It just doesn't make sense. If one group of people could survive plenty of others could probably work something out as well. If there was just one location, it certainly wouldn't have a population of hundreds of people, because once you get to that amount there's a good chance someone outside of them made it too.

But what definition of "perfectly normal" is this? Is it just other groups of survivors or did it go full mind warp and other places don't even have the issue with the people eating giants?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Sony is doing some questionable things.
Xbox One S has 4K Blu-Ray

What the ****?

Please don't tell me we're getting arrogant Sony again where they can be super lazy and idiotic to Nintendo levels again like during the PS3 era

Chrono.

I've never watched or read it but knowing the premise I'm not actually surprised.

I'm pretty sure survivors of any given apocalypse wouldn't be constrained to just one location. It just doesn't make sense. If one group of people could survive plenty of others could probably work something out as well. If there was just one location, it certainly wouldn't have a population of hundreds of people, because once you get to that amount there's a good chance someone outside of them made it too.

But what definition of "perfectly normal" is this? Is it just other groups of survivors or did it go full mind warp and other places don't even have the issue with the people eating giants?
Basically the rest of the Earth was just living like normal, it seems that the people inside the walls were just scientist guinea pigs.

If it sounds like a bunch of crock, it's because that's what the series devolved into for ages now.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Are some of you not realizing that Nintendo just made a ton of amazing business decisions? Kimishima was a good choice for president.

Their entire waiting plan with NX was to be the last of the consoles revealed, because it's going to leave a huge impact. They had Zelda as the main focus at E3 because of this as well. Remember how talked about that game was?

People are going to buy the NX for these two reasons. Zelda during the launch window (If not launch day) and because they've been waiting to reveal it so they can have a really appealing launch.

I'm not even gonna go into how Pokémon Go and Mario Runners help because that should be pretty obvious.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Are some of you not realizing that Nintendo just made a ton of amazing business decisions? Kimishima was a good choice for president.

Their entire waiting plan with NX was to be the last of the consoles revealed, because it's going to leave a huge impact. They had Zelda as the main focus at E3 because of this as well. Remember how talked about that game was?

People are going to buy the NX for these two reasons. Zelda during the launch window (If not launch day) and because they've been waiting to reveal it so they can have a really appealing launch.

I'm not even gonna go into how Pokémon Go and Mario Runners help because that should be pretty obvious.
Staying silent about the NX at E3 was the best decision they made during that time. Being the last revealed console is smart as it prevents companies like Sony and Microsoft from stealing and attacking Nintendo.

D

Deleted member

people eating giants?
I didn't just read an entire TV Tropes page for this
Basically the rest of the Earth was just living like normal, it seems that the people inside the walls were just scientist guinea pigs.

If it sounds like a bunch of crock, it's because that's what the series devolved into for ages now.
That actually sounds like a good plot twist
But how did the giants not just go wherever those people are and **** **** up?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's stupid responses like this that make me cringe. I understand you guys are all butt hurt about Nintendo taking down fan projects but for christ sake Nintendo OWNS the rights to their characters. I totally understand making a project based around nintendo characters and what not, but when it gets taken down it shouldn't be "Fu** nintendo". It's ultimately the creators fault for using characters without permission.
And we have the right to call BS when it happens. Most video game companies don't do that **** and in some cases even endorse said projects. Nobody is asking Nintendo to endorse fan projects but rather to just let them live which everyone would be perfectly complacent with. Unless it's full blown remakes of pre-existing Nintendo games I don't see the problem.

All the more puzzling when you consider this.

https://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/17/nintendo-ips-can-now-oficially-be-used-for-fan-projects/

Also I realize that the tweet I quoted was satire. We all make mistakes.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

OK, so it's the latter situation. That's interesting, LOL.

I bet the people who found this out got pretty darn ticked off.

I wonder what the outside world's reaction will end up being to the physics destroying giant monsters.
I didn't just read an entire TV Tropes page for this

That actually sounds like a good plot twist
But how did the giants not just go wherever those people are and **** **** up?
LOL whoops. But yeah, I was wondering that too.

Another wall, I guess?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I could be simplifying it a bit, but that's what it sounds like from the PR.

View attachment 117367

Also, see how the Toads look there?

The whole game should look like that.

Or at least, they should finally make a game that looks like that on NX.
It does sound like the Chao garden. It seems to have a sandbox or feature like those world building games such as simpsons tapped out. So maybe it's a mix of those.

According to GAF supermetaldave has lost contact with his only source and is thus "not credible," even being lumped with HappyNintendoFan (the guy who said retro was working on Kid Icarus)

I don't know how true that is but I find it funny that someone called not credible would fall for a fake leak
:061:

D

Deleted member

OK, so it's the latter situation. That's interesting, LOL.

I bet the people who found this out got pretty darn ticked off.

I wonder what the outside world's reaction will end up being to the physics destroying giant monsters.

LOL whoops. But yeah, I was wondering that too.

Another wall, I guess?
"We need a way to protect ourselves from the giants we're testing, what do we do?"
"Build a wall?"
"That didn't work out very well with the test subjects..."
"Let's build a bigger wall then!"
"Bu--"
"And let's make those damn Titans pay for it"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And we have the right to call BS when it happens. Most video game companies don't do that **** and in some cases even endorse said projects. Nobody is asking Nintendo to endorse fan projects but rather to just let them live which everyone would be perfectly complacent with.

All the more puzzling when you consider this.

https://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/17/nintendo-ips-can-now-oficially-be-used-for-fan-projects/

Also I realize that the tweet I quoted was satire. We all make mistakes.
I was wondering where that was.

. . .It links to a NeoGaf OP that says this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139223533&postcount=1

Apparently it's just LP's, Game Music Covers, and fan art on one particular Japanese video site.

It doubly says nothing about fan games.

Although despite some webcomic writers making profit off of Nintendo IPs I've never seen any of those struck down, so I'm guessing as long as it's not the same kind of product Nintendo makes and doesn't recycle Nintendo assets in order to make a profit like that one art book someone tried to make a Kickstarter for then it's probably not going to be in high danger of being struck down.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Problems with this:

-Give me a source on "the NX will leave a huge impact"...people thought this about the Wii U too but look what happened. Hell, Nintendo themselves obviously thought this as they rode off the success of the Wii and expected the Wii U to take off just with the brand name.

-Nintendo waiting this long to reveal it is not a good decision. Firstly, because six months is not enough for them to hype up a console. And before you say "BUT SONY AND MICROSOFT DID THAT TOO", it worked for them because they were riding off a successful console as it was. Nintendo is coming off one of their biggest failures. And they are keeping hush hush about it. This is terrible, as it makes rumours spread (as you've no doubt seen), people get lofty expectations and when the actual thing is underwhelming compared to rumours, they say "no buy".

-Zelda is not a guaranteed system seller for NX. People may just opt to buy a Wii U because it's cheaper, if all they really care about is Zelda.

-I don't have a problem Super Mario Run existing by principle. I've just grown tired of Nintendo re-using NSMBU assets all of the time. Nintendo fans **** on franchises like Call of Duty all of the time for "all being the same", but even the games with similar settings at least make an attempt to create new assets between games and make the environments between games distinct. Like I've said though, we've had 5 games (6 if you count NSLU) in the past four years that have the NSMBU assets in some form. It's super tiring and it's literally the most dull, homogenised look Mario has ever had.

Also I hate the "NINTENDO DOESN'T WANT SONY AND MICROSOFT STEALING THEIR IDEAS" excuse because Nintendo themselves has also LITERALLY said they don't care what Sony and Microsoft do. I know they also said they didn't want them stealing ideas, but their hypocrisy IS the problem here.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know, we were talking about Death Battle quite a bit.

Why not make our own Death Battle?

Let's do something they haven't done.

How about....

Samus Aran vs Mega Man

:4samus:vs:4megaman:

But we're gonna do this right. We're going to have to agree on the rules.

So, here is my proposed ruleset.

• Both Samus and Mega Man have full access to their power ups that weren't canonically permanently destroyed, so no Hyper Mode for Samus.
  • We are talking about Mega Man classic here. So no X, EXE, Volnutt or Starforce powers.
  • The comics and manga will be considered valid sources.
  • Samus will be allowed to use her gunship. Mega Man can use Rush.
  • Samus can take off her power suit if she pleases.
  • Mega Man can summon Beat and Eddy.

Does anyone have any objections to this rule set?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was wondering where that was.

. . .It links to a NeoGaf OP that says this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139223533&postcount=1

Apparently it's just LP's, Game Music Covers, and fan art on one particular Japanese video site.

It doubly says nothing about fan games.

Although despite some webcomic writers making profit off of Nintendo IPs I've never seen any of those struck down, so I'm guessing as long as it's not the same kind of product Nintendo makes and doesn't recycle Nintendo assets in order to make a profit like that one art book someone tried to make a Kickstarter for then it's probably not going to be in high danger of being struck down.
The optimist in me wants to believe No Mario's Sky was taken down so that the people who made No Man's Sky wouldn't think that Nintendo was trying to make money off their game.

Or that they just didn't want their character in a pre-existing game made by someone else or something to that effect.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The PS Meeting just felt like to me, now I can get the original PS4 for peanuts now.

Like about $200 now since the Pro and Slim exist and I can just roll with the OG

Best thing about this announcement

Chrono.

Yeah, MetalDave being fooled doesn't make him less credible.
I just thought it was amusing than an insider got fooled by an average joe.

Tbh I don't even know what he knows, just that he 'knows' something because I see his username thrown around a lot.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Xbox One S has 4K Blu-Ray

What the ****?

Please don't tell me we're getting arrogant Sony again where they can be super lazy and idiotic to Nintendo levels again like during the PS3 era
It's funnier when you consider that Sony helped make Blu-ray and had it in the PS3 at launch.
The Xbox One S is cheap even with the 4k Blu-Ray so Sony have no excuse.
Microsoft have just been dealt a strong card with Sony's screw up there.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Problems with this:

-Give me a source on "the NX will leave a huge impact"...people thought this about the Wii U too but look what happened. Hell, Nintendo themselves obviously thought this as they rode off the success of the Wii and expected the Wii U to take off just with the brand name.

-Nintendo waiting this long to reveal it is not a good decision. Firstly, because six months is not enough for them to hype up a console. And before you say "BUT SONY AND MICROSOFT DID THAT TOO", it worked for them because they were riding off a successful console as it was. Nintendo is coming off one of their biggest failures. And they are keeping hush hush about it. This is terrible, as it makes rumours spread (as you've no doubt seen), people get lofty expectations and when the actual thing is underwhelming compared to rumours, they say "no buy".

-Zelda is not a guaranteed system seller for NX. People may just opt to buy a Wii U because it's cheaper, if all they really care about is Zelda.

-I don't have a problem Super Mario Run existing by principle. I've just grown tired of Nintendo re-using NSMBU assets all of the time. Nintendo fans **** on franchises like Call of Duty all of the time for "all being the same", but even the games with similar settings at least make an attempt to create new assets between games and make the environments between games distinct. Like I've said though, we've had 5 games (6 if you count NSLU) in the past four years that have the NSMBU assets in some form. It's super tiring and it's literally the most dull, homogenised look Mario has ever had.

Also I hate the "NINTENDO DOESN'T WANT SONY AND MICROSOFT STEALING THEIR IDEAS" excuse because Nintendo themselves has also LITERALLY said they don't care what Sony and Microsoft do. I know they also said they didn't want them stealing ideas, but their hypocrisy IS the problem here.
Waiting until last to announce the NX was a good move because whoever announced their console last would be the one people's attention would be most focused on. If Nintendo could just ROFL through this via having a huge impact then they would have announced it at E3 without bothering having quality control and games ready. Instead they basically played chicken to see who could go last just so they could leapfrog the other announcements and not have the attention drawn off of them once they did make their own announcement.

And I doubt Zelda's the only ace in their deck right now, the software drought is so obviously the calm before a storm that you can smell the water in the air and see the clouds billowing in the distance.

As for expectations, people are already saying "no buy" and we haven't even seen anything. There's some folks like SuperMetalDave, sure, but an awful lot of the Nintendo community is actually expecting literal dirt instead of their fantasies and has been expecting such pretty much since the codename was announced. I'm not sure holding back can hurt it's reputation much more than people's preemptive assumptions based off of the Wii U or how they feel Nintendo "should" be compared to it's competitors already had the instant it was announced.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm about to get murdered fight Whitney without a bulky female Pokemon
Wish me luck!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I really, really feel like Sony and MS releasing both a slim AND a ~new~ shiny console might be shooting themselves in the foot.

If the casual market couldn't get that the Wii U wasn't just an expansion then how is PS4 pro or Xbox Scorpio or whatever gonna do?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess people weren't interested in the death battle proposition.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh dear lord Sony's trying 'all publicity is good publicity' I think. If Sony wants me to buy more than my sadly dead ps2, they need to do good ****, Like actually fun exclusives. And make the price for PSN justified by fixing those servers or something. Or actually having 4K on blurays like the Xbox Slim apparently can. Or maybe not ditch the Vita hoping it'll sell because it exists
You know, we were talking about Death Battle quite a bit.

Why not make our own Death Battle?

Let's do something they haven't done.

How about....

Samus Aran vs Mega Man

:4samus:vs:4megaman:

But we're gonna do this right. We're going to have to agree on the rules.

So, here is my proposed ruleset.

• Both Samus and Mega Man have full access to their power ups that weren't canonically permanently destroyed, so no Hyper Mode for Samus.
  • We are talking about Mega Man classic here. So no X, EXE, Volnutt or Starforce powers.
  • The comics and manga will be considered valid sources.
  • Samus will be allowed to use her gunship. Mega Man can use Rush.
  • Samus can take off her power suit if she pleases.
  • Mega Man can summon Beat and Eddy.

Does anyone have any objections to this rule set?
If Blue Bomber gets EVERYTHING I say he wins. unless in the gunship. Samus might not like close combat, unlike Mega Man who has a large variety of useful melee weapons, not to mention lolmirrorbuster
I guess people weren't interested in the death battle proposition.
Shoulonds earlierda posted 8 secs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom