• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*checks Day-Care*
*Magikarp is at Lv19*
Actually, nevermind Whitney, I think I might have a fighting chance

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I could be simplifying it a bit, but that's what it sounds like from the PR.

View attachment 117367

Also, see how the Toads look there?

The whole game should look like that.

Or at least, they should finally make a game that looks like that on NX.
....To me that's a bland horrible look that should only be used on sprites.
Or paper action mario.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, what DOES Sony have to offer a customer who can only afford 1 console? Wii U may be the worst in third party games and strength, but it's got loads of fun exclusives and doesn't require money to play online, and Xbone actually USES the money on XBLA for something, not to mention they actually have games I'd care about sooner

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Waiting until last to announce the NX was a good move because whoever announced their console last would be the one people's attention would be most focused on.
Literally, neither of these things are related.

This is just a delusion made up by desperate Nintendo fans, any economist would tell you that most consumers don't actually think like that.

Consumers have their own interests and things they look forward to. They won't be interested in a product just because "it's the latest announcement". They have expectations, standards.

As I'm sure you know, one large standard gamers have is specs. It drives hype for a console, the idea that you are getting a beast of a machine is appealing to the majority of consumers. So if the NX launches and is less powerful than the competition, do you really think people will get excited about this just because "Nintendo kept their announcement until last"? I'm not saying that's the only important thing a console needs, but it's an example of something consumers expect.

Like, name me one example of a product that did better than the competition BECAUSE it launched/got announced last. No, not just a product that HAPPENED to do better and was the last to be announced, but show me an example, and explain to me WHY that announcing last helped that product do better than the competition. It doesn't even have to be gaming related.

And I doubt Zelda's the only ace in their deck right now, the software drought is so obviously the calm before a storm that you can smell the water in the air and see the clouds billowing in the distance.
I don't doubt they have some bigger games up their sleeve, but let's not assume they will be god tier amazing, and let's definitely not assume having good games is enough to sell a system. Wii U actually has an excellent exclusive library if you go by objective game quality, from 2013 to 2015 at least.

I really, really feel like Sony and MS releasing both a slim AND a ~new~ shiny console might be shooting themselves in the foot.

If the casual market couldn't get that the Wii U wasn't just an expansion then how is PS4 pro or Xbox Scorpio or whatever gonna do?
No they aren't, because the difference was that Wii U was an actual new generation of console.

What Sony and Microsoft are doing are simply giving consumers more options for the same system. In the PS4's case, it's really clear and based off an established branding Sony has (every PlayStation console has had a slim model, and the PS1 and PS3 both had upgraded models as well).

People know that it's only a new Sony home console if it's a new number. If there's no new number (PS5, for example), they know it's not a new model. It's as easy as knowing the difference between iPhone models for the average consumer.

Nintendo names their systems something completely different almost every time anyway, so it makes it confusing as to whether something is an iteration or a new console altogether.

Heck they even have examples of contradicting themselves. Game Boy Colour was a genuine new system for them, but Game Boy Advance SP and Game Boy Micro were not? That's confusing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know, we were talking about Death Battle quite a bit.

Why not make our own Death Battle?

Let's do something they haven't done.

How about....

Samus Aran vs Mega Man

:4samus:vs:4megaman:

But we're gonna do this right. We're going to have to agree on the rules.

So, here is my proposed ruleset.

• Both Samus and Mega Man have full access to their power ups that weren't canonically permanently destroyed, so no Hyper Mode for Samus.
  • We are talking about Mega Man classic here. So no X, EXE, Volnutt or Starforce powers.
  • The comics and manga will be considered valid sources.
  • Samus will be allowed to use her gunship. Mega Man can use Rush.
  • Samus can take off her power suit if she pleases.
  • Mega Man can summon Beat and Eddy.

Does anyone have any objections to this rule set?
I'd be interested, and agree with that ruleset, but I don't know enough on what they do in their games to decide a death battle, but I'd be interested in watching.

Honestly, what DOES Sony have to offer a customer who can only afford 1 console?
Pretty much every major game, all the non-gaming stuff like netflix or whatever they have these days, and more than enough momentum that since everyone's friends are playing PS4, getting a Bone would just make you lonely.

not to mention they actually have games I'd care about sooner
Shame for MS the market feels the opposite.

:061:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sorry but the only NX rumors I believe in are Emily Rogers rumors.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I really, really feel like Sony and MS releasing both a slim AND a ~new~ shiny console might be shooting themselves in the foot.

If the casual market couldn't get that the Wii U wasn't just an expansion then how is PS4 pro or Xbox Scorpio or whatever gonna do?
Microsoft is releasing their upgrade next year, Sony is doing it all THIS YEAR.
Even then, all it's gonna do is drive up sales for the older versions and have them be cheaper.

People are that stupid and they'll go for the cheaper option

ALWAYS

I guess people weren't interested in the death battle proposition.
I am. Just with a different matchup

How about :4metaknight:vs:4lucario: or :4shulk:vs Sora

Or :4falcon: vs Batman

D

Deleted member

Honestly, what DOES Sony have to offer a customer who can only afford 1 console? Wii U may be the worst in third party games and strength, but it's got loads of fun exclusives and doesn't require money to play online, and Xbone actually USES the money on XBLA for something, not to mention they actually have games I'd care about sooner
Yeah, the PS4 has, like, every game the XBox One has+its exclusives
Sure the XBOne has some exclusives but honestly I can't name one I care about outsode of Halo

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

This is just a delusion made up by desperate Nintendo fans, any economist would tell you that most consumers don't actually think like that.

Consumers have their own interests and things they look forward to. They won't be interested in a product just because "it's the latest announcement". They have expectations, standards.

As I'm sure you know, one large standard gamers have is specs. It drives hype for a console, the idea that you are getting a beast of a machine is appealing to the majority of consumers. So if the NX launches and is less powerful than the competition, do you really think people will get excited about this just because "Nintendo kept their announcement until last"? I'm not saying that's the only important thing a console needs, but it's an example of something consumers expect.

Like, name me one example of a product that did better than the competition BECAUSE it launched/got announced last. No, not just a product that HAPPENED to do better and was the last to be announced, but show me an example, and explain to me WHY that announcing last helped that product do better than the competition. It doesn't even have to be gaming related.

I don't doubt they have some bigger games up their sleeve, but let's not assume they will be god tier amazing, and let's definitely not assume having good games is enough to sell a system. Wii U actually has an excellent exclusive library if you go by objective game quality, from 2013 to 2015 at least.

No they aren't, because the difference was that Wii U was an actual new generation of console.

What Sony and Microsoft are doing are simply giving consumers more options for the same system. In the PS4's case, it's really clear and based off an established branding Sony has (every PlayStation console has had a slim model, and the PS1 and PS3 both had upgraded models as well).

People know that it's only a new Sony home console if it's a new number. If there's no new number (PS5, for example), they know it's not a new model. It's as easy as knowing the difference between iPhone models for the average consumer.

Nintendo names their systems something completely different almost every time anyway, so it makes it confusing as to whether something is an iteration or a new console altogether.

Heck they even have examples of contradicting themselves. Game Boy Colour was a genuine new system for them, but Game Boy Advance SP and Game Boy Micro were not? That's confusing.
If 3 new things are announced and all 3 have the same amount of quality, which one would get the most attention from the average consumer? The newest. People are more into the newest of the new, otherwise people wouldn't buy a new iphone every 2 months like the lunatics they are. "It only worked when it just so happened to be the last" How? You want us to give examples, but because of this, I fear an example would just give me "Well that was only announced last by coincidence". There's building up, and what is Nintendo doing with the NX? Building up! If you don't live under a rock, you most likely want Nintendo to show the NX off
Have you SEEN the hype Nintendo generated at E3 with Zelda? You argue people would likely just buy a Wii U because it's cheaper, but why buy a console in which the newest games aren't going to come out for? Not to mention if the NX has backwards compatibility, there's literally no excuse to buy a Wii U. Hell, good friends of mine want a NX just because of Zelda, and they said that if the NX isn't backwards compatibile, THEN they'll consider the Wii U
Sorry but the only NX rumors I believe in are Emily Rogers rumors.
Why? Literally when did she get anything right? Not to mention she's only saying 'NX might maybe have splatoon', not saying it wil, but that it MIGHT. By doing this, she can backpedal with ease if wrong

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

And that wouldn't have changed no matter when they announced it. That was always people's standard for Nintendo, people were always going to ditch them for not keeping up with the specs of the competition no matter when it was rolled out.

The fact that gamers overhyped the PS4 Pro by assuming it would have exclusive games would have hurt Nintendo more if they had revealed earlier because people were misinterpreting the information they had and assumed they could get brand new games on their Neo that they couldn't get on their PS4. Don't tell me they weren't doing that, I saw them. Even after they realized the truth, a lot of them would have already lost motivation and not come back. Now that the hype bubble is deflated and they realize they aren't really getting exclusive games, the NX has it's own reason for purchase visible despite sales in the form of having a fresh supply of games while the PS4 will continue getting the same content regardless of whether or not they buy a new system.

And having a good set of games later on didn't do Nintendo crud when their launch was so lukewarm. Pushing Zelda to launch is already a sign they're averting that and if they have other things planned at launch instead of two years later the great games will do much more for them than simply existing. Plus the Wii U's library is lacking in particularly wide appeal games and their new strategy is to have all of their games funneled onto one system. Heaven cookies thus have double the probability of being produced and if they actually time their games during the impulse phase before people lose interest the games will have much more impact.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's so many NX rumors and patents that they all cancel each other out and effectively we know nearly nothing.

All we know is it has more power than the WiiU judging from comments about how Breath of the Wild will look better on it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Emily is my waifu tho. I'm obligated to believe everything she says.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
PS4 has Bloodborne, Ratchet, Uncharted and inFamous ATM. SFV will be worth mentioning once it's actually worth full price.
Persona 5 is coming out along with Spider-Man, The Last Guardian, Nier and God of War. Oh and Crash remakes.
That's really it without going into three plus years later territory for Death Stranding and FF7R.

Then there's all the third party titles where it makes little difference what platform you have.

Xbox One has: Backwards compatibility, every Halo game, every Gears of War game, Rare Replay, Killer Instinct, better online, better "free game" offerings and Forza along with Scalebound, recore, Crackdown, Halo Wars 2, Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 to release.

XB1 is better if you didn't have a 360 because you have more to play.
If you want stuff from Sony then get a PS3 and wait for the PS4 to get more games released.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's so many NX rumors and patents that they all cancel each other out and effectively we know nearly nothing.

All we know is it has more power than the WiiU judging from comments about how Breath of the Wild will look better on it.
Even that seems to have been something the interviewer may or may not have added on after the fact according to something I heard, so. . .literally nothing, then. LOL.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

We also know that it's at least on the same level as the XBone and PS4 considering the fact that DQ and Sonic 2017 is coming to it. Other than that though we know nothing for sure.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Something else that pisses me off with Sony. You know how they give you free games as a reward for PSN or some ********? If your subscription expires, you can't play your free games. And they have the nerve to increase the price. Does Microsoft do this?
PS4 has Bloodborne, Ratchet, Uncharted and inFamous ATM. SFV will be worth mentioning once it's actually worth full price.
Persona 5 is coming out along with Spider-Man, The Last Guardian, Nier and God of War.
That's really it without going into three plus years later territory for Death Stranding and FF7R.

Then there's all the third party titles where it makes little difference what platform you have.

Xbox One has: Backwards compatibility, every Halo game, every Gears of War game, Rare Replay, Killer Instinct, better online, better "free game" offerings and Forza along with Scalebound, recore, Crackdown, Halo Wars 2, Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 to release.

XB1 is better if you didn't have a 360 because you have more to play.
If you want stuff from Sony then get a PS3 and wait for the PS4 to get more games released.
I thought Persona 5 was multiplatform. Oh well. Also, I'm curious if people will actually enjoy Last Guardians

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I thought Persona 5 was multiplatform. Oh well. Also, I'm curious if people will actually enjoy Last Guardians
Mainline Persona games are always on PlayStation only.
Only the spin-offs like Q and Arena are on other platforms.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
PS4 has Uncharted, FF7R, the Crash Remakes, PS2 games on it's PSN, and a bunch of other great games. Now that it's 300 dollars i'm considering purchasing a PS4 down the line.

I plan on getting both the NX and the PS4 though how satisfied I am with the NX reveal will sway which system I get first.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If 3 new things are announced and all 3 have the same amount of quality, which one would get the most attention from the average consumer? The newest. People are more into the newest of the new, otherwise people wouldn't buy a new iphone every 2 months like the lunatics they are. "It only worked when it just so happened to be the last" How? You want us to give examples, but because of this, I fear an example would just give me "Well that was only announced last by coincidence". There's building up, and what is Nintendo doing with the NX? Building up! If you don't live under a rock, you most likely want Nintendo to show the NX off
Have you SEEN the hype Nintendo generated at E3 with Zelda? You argue people would likely just buy a Wii U because it's cheaper, but why buy a console in which the newest games aren't going to come out for? Not to mention if the NX has backwards compatibility, there's literally no excuse to buy a Wii U. Hell, good friends of mine want a NX just because of Zelda, and they said that if the NX isn't backwards compatibile, THEN they'll consider the Wii U
Why? Literally when did she get anything right? Not to mention she's only saying 'NX might maybe have splatoon', not saying it wil, but that it MIGHT. By doing this, she can backpedal with ease if wrong
You literally did not answer my question or prove anything to me, you just re-iterated Corcius' point which itself has no substance or evidence.

And that wouldn't have changed no matter when they announced it. That was always people's standard for Nintendo, people were always going to ditch them for not keeping up with the specs of the competition no matter when it was rolled out.

The fact that gamers overhyped the PS4 Pro by assuming it would have exclusive games would have hurt Nintendo more if they had revealed earlier because people were misinterpreting the information they had and assumed they could get brand new games on their Neo that they couldn't get on their PS4. Don't tell me they weren't doing that, I saw them. Even after they realized the truth, a lot of them would have already lost motivation and not come back. Now that the hype bubble is deflated and they realize they aren't really getting exclusive games, the NX has it's own reason for purchase visible despite sales in the form of having a fresh supply of games while the PS4 will continue getting the same content regardless of whether or not they buy a new system.

And having a good set of games later on didn't do Nintendo crud when their launch was so lukewarm. Pushing Zelda to launch is already a sign they're averting that and if they have other things planned at launch instead of two years later the great games will do much more for them than simply existing. Plus the Wii U's library is lacking in particularly wide appeal games and their new strategy is to have all of their games funneled onto one system. Heaven cookies thus have double the probability of being produced and if they actually time their games during the impulse phase before people lose interest the games will have much more impact.
People wouldn't hold the expectation NEARLY as strongly if Nintendo announced sooner, because the rumours would not have had as much time to develop. People's expectations aren't as lofty so the announcement is automatically better to a large amount of people, even if it's mediocre.

Also I don't really care for your anecdotal evidence, I am fairly certain that anyone who thought the "PS4 Neo" was gonna be a whole new console was an extreme minority, unlike with the Wii U (PS4 Pro failing is not nearly as big a deal as Wii U/NX failing either, regardless). Sony has a clear naming convention for generation jumps.

Also I'm aware of what happened with the Wii U. And that (in combination with other things) is exactly why I don't have faith in Nintendo with how they are handling revealing the NX. Not to mention once again, Zelda is on Wii U. You suggested that "people will buy NX just for Zelda", but if people are willing to buy a console JUST for that game, they'll pick up a Wii U from a bargain bin or something and just get Zelda for that.

We also know that it's at least on the same level as the XBone and PS4 considering the fact that DQ and Sonic 2017 is coming to it. Other than that though we know nothing for sure.
This is proof of nothing.

Also DQXI has a 3DS version coming too, NX version could be a port of that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You literally did not answer my question or prove anything to me, you just re-iterated Corcius' point which itself has no substance or evidence.
IWhy should I bother looking for something that came last but sold the best if you don't tell me how in your examples, it just so happens to be the best? Otherwise, you can literally say 'nuh uh that just so happened to be the best' thought my post came first
****ing savages

D

Deleted member

In the end, I think the battle against Whitney would have been pretty much impossible without Gyarados
He was the only one that could tank(bless Intimidate) and his Bite barely did any damage despite having the highest attack of my team
It was a literal RNG fest with Attract and Stomp flinching
And then Milk Drink ****ed up my strategy of poisoning her and stalling
But in the end, no one died so everything is alright
I feex~
Because people are mentioning prices, I'm curious. How much does a Wii U cost in your countries? I got my Wii U 2 years ago at 180 euros. Without discount
1600 reais
No, I didn't accidentally put an extra zero

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Reminds me of that FF Crystal Chronicles game where the wii version was literally the DS version with a pointless mii mask feature added.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
In the end, I think the battle against Whitney would have been pretty much impossible without Gyarados
He was the only one that could tank(bless Intimidate) and his Bite barely did any damage despite having the highest attack of my team
It was a literal RNG fest with Attract and Stomp flinching
And then Milk Drink ****ed up my strategy of poisoning her and stalling
But in the end, no one died so everything is alright

1600 reais
No, I didn't accidentally put an extra zero
You're Brazilian, your price doesn't count because EVERYTHING is expensive as **** there if it's a video game

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I feex~
Because people are mentioning prices, I'm curious. How much does a Wii U cost in your countries? I got my Wii U 2 years ago at 180 euros. Without discount
I got mine day one at like 3000 sek I believe? The premium package.

Chrono.

People wouldn't hold the expectation NEARLY as strongly if Nintendo announced sooner, because the rumours would not have had as much time to develop. People's expectations aren't as lofty so the announcement is automatically better to a large amount of people, even if it's mediocre.

Also I don't really care for your anecdotal evidence, I am fairly certain that anyone who thought the "PS4 Neo" was gonna be a whole new console was an extreme minority, unlike with the Wii U (PS4 Pro failing is not nearly as big a deal as Wii U/NX failing either, regardless). Sony has a clear naming convention for generation jumps.

Also I'm aware of what happened with the Wii U. And that (in combination with other things) is exactly why I don't have faith in Nintendo with how they are handling revealing the NX. Not to mention once again, Zelda is on Wii U. You suggested that "people will buy NX just for Zelda", but if people are willing to buy a console JUST for that game, they'll pick up a Wii U from a bargain bin or something and just get Zelda for that.

I think SEGA knows that Unwiished was trash enough to not make that same mistake again.

But who knows.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IWhy should I bother looking for something that came last but sold the best if you don't tell me how in your examples, it just so happens to be the best? Otherwise, you can literally say 'nuh uh that just so happened to be the best' thought my post came first
****ing savages
Not only are you making assumptions about Nintendo and general economics, but now you're making assumptions about me as some kind of damage control because you can't come up with an example for the thing I mentioned?

Like I literally made the question as open as possible for a reason.

Feh, I'll stop bothering with this if this is what trying to have a rational discussion here gets me to. Don't know why I attempted to come back here.

rosalina_shrug.png

I think SEGA knows that Unwiished was trash enough to not make that same mistake again.

But who knows.
While I don't necessarily think Project 2017 on NX will be an entirely different version of the game (there's no proof either way though), it simply being on the NX does not automatically mean the NX is on par with PS4 and Xbox One. They could very easily just tone down the graphical fidelity for the NX version if it were weaker hardware, for example.

Again, people are literally just making assumptions with nothing concrete to base it on.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feex~
It doesn't? Well that's a bummer. Was looking forward to playing Dark Cloud once I got a PS4 though it looks like i'm going to have to travel the Earth for a used copy of the game like I did for the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess.

I got my Wii U in August of 2013 and I got it for $300 back when choosing between a Basic and Deluxe Wii U was a thing. What pissed me off was that 2-3 weeks later Nintendo announced a price cut for the Deluxe Wii U to $250 bundled with Wind Waker HD and the Hyrule Historia book. To make things even worse they said they wouldn't do an Ambassador program for Wii U owners like they did for 3DS owners which made me livid. Here's hoping this crap doesn't happen with the NX.
I've been sitting here for at least a minute trying to think up a witty response, and quite frankly I can't.

:061:
"If an actual person is your waifu then you should look out for restraining orders"
"What Fire Emblem is she from?"
"Hey baby, heard you like News~"
"Dude, I know where you can find love pillows of her"
Emily is from Fire Emblem: Real Life. A game where you go to different places instead of castles to find NX information and leak it on the web. Rumor has it that Emily is going to be Smash NX to cross promote FE Real Life.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not only are you making assumptions about Nintendo and general economics, but now you're making assumptions about me as some kind of damage control because you can't come up with an example for the thing I mentioned?

Like I literally made the question as open as possible for a reason.

Feh, I'll stop bothering with this if this is what trying to have a rational discussion here gets me to. Don't know why I attempted to come back here.

View attachment 117370
I find it hilarious you're making an assumption about me making an assumption about you because I want to know your criteria. Not to mention I think my Iphone example might count in which people flock to the newest ones because they're new. My sister's also guilty of this

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The more people simply brush off One Piece's success in the magazine because of bias towards their favorite manga, the more I'm starting to be astonished by the community's pessimism. Yes, because it's not like One Piece is the number one reason why people purchase Jump internationally (mostly in Japan) or anything.

Let's ignore all the lead color pages and covers it had since 1997 or how Oda is free to take a one week break in recent months because they know it's their number one moneymaker.

Yes, how dare Jump cancel your favorite manga and declare it dead because you don't give a damn about the reason why Jump's been alive to this day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Emily is from Fire Emblem: Real Life. A game where you go to different places instead of castles to find NX information and leak it on the web. Rumor has it that Emily is going to be Smash NX to cross promote FE Real Life.
But what about Serkan Toto and SuperMetalDave?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

People's expectations were up to uncontrollable levels long before E3, as the fake controller had an outright vitriolic response and that was towards the beginning of the year. There was literally no time except perhaps the instant they revealed it's existence where people wouldn't have gotten overly worked up and then disappointed.

You're judging the NX by the Wii U's fate. This is exactly the same thing a lot of people did the instant it was revealed, and in both cases the decision was preemptively made that the NX is set up for failure.

I'm not the same user that suggested people would buy the NX just for Zelda (although there have been DOZENS of promises of exactly that scattered across the internet), nor do I expect Nintendo to try to. Nintendo will give the NX something of it's own to stand out.

This isn't the Wii U because time and the existence of the Wii U itself have passed. Nintendo has had a few years to figure out their mistakes. I don't expect them to be perfect in fixing them, I don't expect them to get it all right at once. But I do expect them to do better than what you and several thousand other people across the internet expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom