• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I think your new avi got me way more terrified than AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 's .
Good, because everyone should tremble in fear of the pink destroyer of worlds when he's having a bad day.

The face in question originated from a classic satirical American Kirby is Hardcore joke. It depicts Kirby destroying a teary eyed Waddle Dee on the Warp Star for the cover of an AO rated game. That game's title? Kirby's ****ing Pissed. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I think your new avi got me way more terrified than AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 's .
This wouldn't exist if we weren't bombarded with so many pointless rumors and Nintendo quits skirting around Sony before we get news on the new console. The Mad Dummy could have been used, but I'm sure many are tired of Undertale at this point.

Inb4 "You can just ignore the "leak" news and wait for Nintendo's official word. It's not that hard, Pink Destroyer of Planets".

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Good, because everyone should tremble in fear of the pink destroyer of worlds when he's having a bad day.

The face in question originated from a classic satirical American Kirby is Hardcore joke. It depicts Kirby destroying a teary eyed Waddle Dee on the Warp Star for the cover of an AO rated game. That game's title? Kirby's ****ing Pissed. :laugh:
.u. Oh...I know that one, but I haven't seen it in quite some time! O_O That's why seeing it yet again made me jump...
Oh, yeah, THAT American Kirby.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This wouldn't exist if we weren't bombarded with so many pointless rumors and Nintendo quits skirting around Sony before we get news on the new console. The Mad Dummy could have been used, but I'm sure many are tired of Undertale at this point.

Inb4 "You can just ignore the "leak" news and wait for Nintendo's official word. It's not that hard, Pink Destroyer of Planets".
It's alright, we all know that you would destroy the planet just for a new console.

Or even blow up the moon if you really want to **** with humanity.

Sounds like Kirby to me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It's alright, we all know that you would destroy the planet just for a new console.

Or even blow up the moon if you really want to **** with humanity.

Sounds like Kirby to me.
There's a reason why many theorized that Kirby is actually an omnicidal maniac hellbent on the destruction of his enemies and going far as killing just for the sake of his food. Kirby's Dreamland was only the beginning since Dedede made the fatal mistake of stealing food from everyone (including him). Meanwhile, Squeak Squad can be the first true time Kirby truly commits mass genocide over a cake that he wanted to finish (which a bunch of treasure loving rats wanted for some odd reason).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Y Team update...it's all coming together...did not take long for my Skorupi to evolve after catching it (Lucky Egg and Restaurants too OP)...
Kellam
Einstein
Smaug
Moldarach

Now to figure which water type to add...as well as my sixth slot was considering a fire, ghost, or steel type pokemon...Chandelure's actually looking rather appealing at this point...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y Team update...it's all coming together...did not take long for my Skorupi to evolve after catching it (Lucky Egg and Restaurants too OP)...
Kellam
Einstein
Smaug
Moldarach

Now to figure which water type to add...as well as my sixth slot was considering a fire, ghost, or steel type pokemon...Chandelure's actually looking rather appealing at this point...
Barbacle, he needs more love.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .I hope I'm not irritating everyone bringing up random NX rumors and speculation from time to time.

For me I see so much anger from the video game community nonstop all the time that it's much harder for me to want to bother with it myself, so I'm just kind of bored with the wait instead and looking and talking about the rumors helps pass the time for me.

But then that's probably obvious from my current avatar.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Y'know I just thought of something.

Why do you guys post in different kinds of colors? Is it just to make you stand out from others? Or am I looking in to it too much?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Why do you guys post in different kinds of colors? Is it just to make you stand out from others? Or am I looking in to it too much?
Customization...a perk that comes with Premium like changing your custom title under your name...I don't think there's any more to it than that...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I forget exactly why in my case.

I probably just discovered I could and did it on a whim. For some reason I don't even notice the rainbow of colors while I'm reading most of the time.

. . .OK reading the first post that came up it's a Premium perk. I forgot because I had it up so long, but yeah I first did it to get my money's worth forever ago and just left it up and forgot.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Customization...a perk that comes with Premium like changing your custom title under your name...I don't think there's any more to it than that...
Premium elitists I tell ya!

Theoretically speaking though I could do that manually by typing up my post and then changing the color.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Premium elitists I tell ya!

Theoretically speaking though I could do that manually by typing up my post and then changing the color.
Yeah but with Premium you are given the option to set the colour by default which makes it a bit more convenient when typing up 1,000 posts an hour...

I considered setting my posts to a custom colour, but on one hand I'd want it to be unique and most colours are already taken while on the other hand some posts are actually pretty hard to read at times depending the colours, usually colours like these are rather problematic...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Barbacle, he needs more love.
Barbaracle....I don't dislike it, I just don't care for it personally...tho I was considering it at one point but haven't bothered picking one up despite running into a few from smashing rocks...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
@AreJay25

Don't worry too hard about that.

I'm playing Somic 3D Blast at Midnight

Which isn't as bad as MM & Bass but still just as monotonous

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Here is an interesting NX related video I found...
Oh golly.

So to those that didn't watch, this is the quote referred to in the title.

Iwata said:
Whether we ultimately need just one device will be determined in the future, and that is something we do not know at the moment.
It certainly stands out more when highlighted.

I for one welcome our new hybrid overlords, but then I'm the one weirdo that would have never bought a Wii U if it weren't for having the DS and 3DS first and has twice as many games or more on each of them as I do on the Wii U.

Give me something with, say, the customization of late-era 3DS hardware, all the combined games of two systems without having to choose between them, and an option to play local multiplayer games somehow without a second copy? Especially if I could just hook it up to any HDMI I wanted on a whim? Sounds great to me!

Granted I hope the button layout isn't too horribly funky, but that doesn't have to do with being a hybrid so much as other speculation. Only downside to being a hybrid to me that I can think of off the top of my head is that I might end up having it in handheld mode just plugged into the charger more often than I would use the TV, LOL.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
The NX seems pretty expedient and versatile, and will definitely be cheaper than getting two systems. It (probably) being less powerful than systems that came out several years ago (thereby possibly putting it at odds with third-parties going forward) is a shame, but understandable given the structure and purpose of the system.

I can't wait to take big console games like BotW on the go, and I hope that local console-style multiplayer won't be too screwy (it's how I do most of my gaming nowadays), but my biggest concern remains the battery life.

So.
Let's take bets now.
1) Which of the 30 UTC are we gonna see tomorrow (if any)?
2) What Alolan forms are we going to see?
3) What new Alolan pokemon are we going to see?
4) Are we going to see a new unique Z-move?
1) Hard to predict... I just say Electric/Fighting
2) Raticate, Persian, Butterfree, Arbok
3) Rugby monkey, snowman and starter evos
4) Probably

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Guys.
I don't even know what to say on this one.
Just christ.
Good work?
I absolutely love these Rhythm heaven music videos with other franchises. :laugh:

There are other good ones, like Ace Attorney, Nichijou, Touhou, Katamari Darmacy, Stein;Gate, and probably others out there if you did deep enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope we get a Dark/Electric this gen, I have no idea what it would be like but it's bound to be good, right?
Actually, anyone can change the default color of their posts
Like I'd ever pay for premium or manually change it everytime I write a post

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Kellam
Einstein
Smaug
Moldarach

The Lapras you get. I've found mine to be quite useful.

D

Deleted member

This feeling of satisfaction when you finally put your finger on the name of that music track you keep hearing when listening to several radio programs.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Where will this Pokemon announcement drop? Do I have to mash f5 on their youtube page again?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I stayed up this late, but I'm not staying up any longer

Didn't even mean to stay up this late. I was just too focused on working on artwork

D

Deleted member

I started FireRed today
Current team:
:002:-Avocado
:021:-Joseph (Really close to evolving)
:019:-Rattatatat
Box: :015::035::129:
If you can't already tell, I already beat Brock. I also got through Mt. Moon, and I'm currently preparing for Misty's gym.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
*Aims to sleep for 8 hours*

*Settles for getting 6 hours when not being able to sleep*

*Gets 5 hours instead due to waking up early and not wanting to risk oversleeping*

This is what I get for always waking up at 12PM for the past 4 months lol. I'll make it through the day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom