• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Type: Null is being used by Edgelord in the Japanese trailer....I'm thinking it may be an artificial construct either based off of or used to battle against the island Guardians...I keep thinking its associated with the guardians in some way, as I mentioned before its face resembles Tapu Koko, and it has a crest similar to Tapu koko...perhaps it some sot of Chimera like creature with body parts taken from the other guardians as well as it seems to be a mishmash of various creatures...like a Frankenstein's monster meets the Man in the Iron mask or something...

Also can't help but notice the various hexagonal patterns on its body so perhaps its linked to Zygarde in a way...

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Type: Null - It's pretty cool to have a Chimera Pokemon IMO. It'll be very interesting to see what moveset it gets. Would guess it'll be used by Skull in the story to capture the Legendary Trio/Tapu Koko. This thing is going to be scary in the various media I think.

Jangmo-o - Seems like our Psuedo for this Gen. Am guessing Dragon/Fighting?

Aether Foundation - Well there goes the bad-guy island theory "potentially." Lusamine will definitely be popular I predict...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zygarde - I wonder what this means for the end of the XY sagas of the anime & manga.

Gladion - Silver 2.0?

Ultra Beasts - WTF? Sun/Moon's story just got a heck of a lot more interesting. A clone of Lillie potentially?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just a question for curiousity Pokemon fans. If you set aside the hype, is it really worth analyzing the possible plot for S/M.

Because at best, the plots in main Pokemon games are very simplistic, at least to me personally. (minus Black/White's)

Yeah, sometimes the games try to connect with hints, but I really never desire to learn more about the stories.

When the characters at best have ok non-complex personalities, but not much to drive the story interesting to play around.

Let me know your opinion.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just a question for curiousity Pokemon fans. If you set aside the hype, is it really worth analyzing the possible plot for S/M.

Because at best, the plots in main Pokemon games are very simplistic, at least to me personally. (minus Black/White's)

Yeah, sometimes the games try to connect with hints, but I really never desire to learn more about the stories.

When the characters at best have ok non-complex personalities, but not much to drive the story interesting to play around.

Yes because they're building into something massive, which many think will come to a head with Sun & Moon.

Team Rocket's study to create artificial LEGENDARY Pokemon and forcing the process of evolution.
Team Magma & Aqua's studies based off of AZOTH to induce Primal Reversion to awaken ancient pokemon to their most potent states lost to time.
[Team Galactic really doesn't play into this scope]
Team Plasma, specifically Colress's heavy fascination in FORCING the reconvergence of the Tao Trio to re-awaken the original dragon which would be something that'd likely surpass Arceus, (given that Kyurem goes from 640 - 700 with B/W forms being half of the addition, and Arceus at 720). To date, 5 things have exceeded Arceus. The Mega Mewtwos, and the Weather Trio's true forms. And... almost certainly a 6th will come with Zygarde 100%.
Team Flare... namely acted as a gateway to delve into AZOTH's study of life energy and the secrets around it that create Mega Evolution.

Now here we are... not with Team Skull, but with the Aether Foundation.
A group that, if nothing else, has managed a way to create contact with a kind of species the series has never been before, on the kind of magnitude that is quite alien.

With the general growing theme of hard presssed science trying to understand, break down, and ultimately force the kind of awakenings of Pokemon's true and most potent power is something that's been a common theme... and being up-played with AZOTH across both halves of Gen 6 which appears to have all its signs point to Alola and Aether.

The theory that this is something that GameFreak has had in mind and have been building up TO across the span of years is what engages the drive, even if hype is the spark to this fuel.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so can i just point out we have roughly 10 days until rock ruff's secret

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Type: Null is so bizarre. It looks like a guardian/chimera.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I think its rather clear the plot in this game has a bit more to it especially considering how things are getting shaken up with the removal of the typical Gym Challenge with instead Island Captain trials...as well as Island Guardians and now Ultra Beasts being thrown in the mix...

Youtuber Locktin|Gnoggin has actually several theories centered around Sun and Moon's plot and how it becomes Pokemon's ultimate climax as it supposedly is the final connection between all previous pokemon games (at least since Gen IVish)...and that after Sun and Moon the series may be rebooted or so his theory suggests...

Whether you believe his theories or not its actually quite interesting hearing about the lore from the various mythologies and alchemy and how conveniently a lot of it connects together...

For the most part Sun and Moon will probably like most pokemon games have you start a pokemon journey take the league challenge (in this case island trials) and capture pokemon on the way...as well as foil the plans of whatever evil team's causing trouble...that's pretty much the backbone of your traditional pokemon game but this game is proving to be a bit more complex than what we've seen before...at the very least I feel its worth paying attention to...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can't wait to find a way to catch that dragon and name him Giorno

Also Aether looks like Psuedo villains and could be the true final bosses

Also Chimera Poke looks nice

Also Customization is back
And we got much more options

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

It is a waste of time in the sense that the very concept/nature of speculation is just a way to kill time.

I don't think anyone is expecting anything groundbreaking story-wise from this game in spite of the potential base formula changes; heck that low-bar of expectation may prove fruitful. But at the same time, while the games' stories are simplistic in nature it's hard to deny the world, ecology, and mythology that have been created over the years in spite of that is inspiring. Aside from the simple yet deep gameplay mechanics and mass replayability, IMO the world building is the main appeal of the Pokemon games.

The story isn't deep, but that doesn't mean the world isn't. Plus if you really want a story, that's what the manga is there for. :p

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
People are already comparing Gladion to Dio from JoJo.

Why? They share nothing alike with each other.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon Sun and Moon may not end up having a complex plot like BW but that'd be okay imo
Because these games already have the DEEPEST L O R E in the series
Every Pokemon and Alola form has information and background to them like real animals do
And if Pikimyuku is anything to go by, these things may even be implemented ingame

Also, I really like the Pokemon Snap feature, because it means there'll be more Pokemon in the overworld and we'll be able to see them do whatever wild Pokemon do and I think that'll help make Alola feel alive

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well this is disturbing.

Also official sites aren't listing UBs as Pokemon.

Could they be like an introduction to actual boss fights (and/or superbosses).
I think Ultra Beasts are uncapturable "pokemon" bosses

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think its rather clear the plot in this game has a bit more to it especially considering how things are getting shaken up with the removal of the typical Gym Challenge with instead Island Captain trials...as well as Island Guardians and now Ultra Beasts being thrown in the mix...

Youtuber Locktin|Gnoggin has actually several theories centered around Sun and Moon's plot and how it becomes Pokemon's ultimate climax as it supposedly is the final connection between all previous pokemon games (at least since Gen IVish)...and that after Sun and Moon the series may be rebooted or so his theory suggests...

Whether you believe his theories or not its actually quite interesting hearing about the lore from the various mythologies and alchemy and how conveniently a lot of it connects together...

For the most part Sun and Moon will probably like most pokemon games have you start a pokemon journey take the league challenge (in this case island trials) and capture pokemon on the way...as well as foil the plans of whatever evil team's causing trouble...that's pretty much the backbone of your traditional pokemon game but this game is proving to be a bit more complex than what we've seen before...at the very least I feel its worth paying attention to...
Yeah, I've seen reboots with Pokemon canon stuff, I personally dislike it and OR/AS X/Y reboots don't feel like proper reboots.

I've been getting very skeptical of reboots since Star Fox Zero was said to be yet another reboot. So I'm not sure if I can be excited about connections with the newer Pokemon games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Simple short answer: It's fun. People like talking to each other; you just need a topic to get the ball rolling.

You don't necessarily need deep plots or detailed lore for speculation. Every Pokémon game's villain teams have different motivations for whatever they do, and that difference is enough to keep people engaged.

And even if the plots aren't integral to the gameplay, they are simple and interesting enough for people to discuss them. And that's alright in my opinion.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it wrong that I want to pinch Fatticate's adorable cheeks?

D

Deleted member

Theory time
Found on a chat I'm in
Some context: the three are believed to be connected due to their hair and eye colors
Screenshot_2016-09-06-12-21-44-1.png
Screenshot_2016-09-06-12-21-51-1.png
Screenshot_2016-09-06-12-22-20-1.png

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think this trailer just deconfirmed one of the other pokemon from the Chinese leak

Psychic Butterfree

Notice in the trailer one of the pokemon shown in the picture for snapping pictures is butterfree and it's normal

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
so anyone else get a feeling Type:Null isnt the only line of chimera pokemon in sun/moon

you have big mom as a profile pic....so no in your case its not
I was actually getting that feeling also, mainly because of its name "Type: Null" as if Null could be interchanged between other pokemon...or...it could perhaps change forms to make it Type:____ something else...

Type: Null to me is the most intriguing pokemon revealed due to its resemblance to Tapu Koko, its Chimeric appearance, its bizarre name, and it synthetic origins...

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just to add some food for thought...
The description for Type: Null
"This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed 'Null,' meaning nothing. The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation. The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility. To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."

Edit: And that mask... it looks like a bronze (or rusted) design piece from Arceus's ring

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Team Aether is probably going to be a team that rivals Team Skull and will likely turn out to be evil
I've been wanting a plot twist where a helping team takes over the antagonist role and becomes a greater threat than the antagonist team before it. I hope that happens.

I wonder if Jangmo-o becomes Dragon-Fighting.

----

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone one Serebii mentioned they remembered an old sun and moon rumor that included a "Dog with axe on head"

I think that might be Type: Null

Unfortunately he did't remember the rest of the rumor

But I actually remember that rumor too

Does anyone have a link to non Chinese leak Sun and Moon rumors?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Aether turns out to be good guys through and through then I think we have found the uncanny valley for heroes. Where they present themselves as the heroes so much it snaps back.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't found the rumor I was talking about yet, but I did find this

Makes you think

D

Deleted member

I think this trailer just deconfirmed one of the other pokemon from the Chinese leak

Psychic Butterfree

Notice in the trailer one of the pokemon shown in the picture for snapping pictures is butterfree and it's normal
Well, maybe that's because normal Butterfree is a thing
It's not like there is a rule saying GF can't show the normal forms of Pokemon getting an Alola form

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, maybe that's because normal Butterfree is a thing
It's not like there is a rule saying GF can't show the normal forms of Pokemon getting an Alola form
But they did say the normal versions aren't in alola

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well this is disturbing.

Also official sites aren't listing UBs as Pokemon.

Could they be like an introduction to actual boss fights (and/or superbosses).
It's funny because aDirve was streaming this live and before the website, he stopped the video and went hold up! "Crazy conspiracy time" Pointed out the similarities and is seemingly right.

And 4chan is saying Gideon is Lilie's brother who escaped the foundation, and the long blond haired one is her sister and that Lilie is created by them. Team Skull actually wants to stop them and you need Guzma's help to do so. Which be pretty e
I haven't found the rumor I was talking about yet, but I did find this

Makes you think
This is awesome accurate. It says man owns it, but the leader's a girl.

And what leak do you need to see?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's funny because aDirve was streaming this live and before the website, he stopped the video and went hold up! "Crazy conspiracy time" Pointed out the similarities and is seemingly right.

And 4chan is saying Gideon is Lilie's brother who escaped the foundation, and the long blond haired one is her sister and that Lilie is created by them. Team Skull actually wants to stop them and you need Guzma's help to do so. Which be pretty e

This is awesome accurate. It says man owns it, but the leader's a girl.

And what leak do you need to see?
I think they mean Faba?

"Faba
The Aether Foundation branch chief sports green sunglasses. They’re his signature accessory! He seems very proud of his position as branch chief"

The weasely looking guy

I'm looking for the rumor with axe head dog, which I think is Type:Null

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Saw the new trailer. Type: Null is.....definitely an interesting name, but it's quite interesting that it is a chimera. Jangmo-o is adorable. Can't wait to see the evolutions if it has any. Alolan Raticate is just begging for a "It's so fluffy!" joke. That aside, it's not a bad design.

Team Aether. The fact that they have Grunts makes me next to certain that we will fight them at some point. Also, Lusamine is practically older Lillie and Gladion looks like he could also be a sibling to them as well. And interesting to see Dexio and Sina again. And they look a bit older too. Also, can't wait to see how UB-01 ties in.
Theory time
Found on a chat I'm in
Some context: the three are believed to be connected due to their hair and eye colors
View attachment 117264 View attachment 117265 View attachment 117266
I wouldn't be surprised if they were.
Aether Foundation - Well there goes the bad-guy island theory "potentially." Lusamine will definitely be popular I predict...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Like I said, she's practically a older Lillie. Of course she's going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom